Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? (23841 Views)

My Last Relationship, My Story - Please Read! / My Gf Told Me She Aborted In Her Last Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by whiteNkem(f): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2007
yep, indeed trust and communication are the most imp things in a relationship (of course, after love tongue)
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by acidrop(f): 2:54am On Mar 22, 2007
labyrinth:

@katency
It is better to hear from both sides before judging. There is no smoke without fire, i am sure u did something wrong before your guy decided 2 look 4 greener pastures. check yourself! shocked[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

which side u wan hear again, he said the guy was secretly engaged, if he did something y wont he just brake the relationship, than 2 keep it a secret,
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by carpenter(m): 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2007
Got tired of putting up with her EX.

I guess they were still seeing each other!

I probably was played for a fool but didn't mind ; sometimes you have to be a fool for love. Didn't think it was wise for me to continue when I realised I was playing in a league far above where i should be playing. It was my first relationship.

Looking towards something better now.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by kemulala(f): 5:06am On Mar 26, 2007
I let go cause he got married embarassed
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by creamyice(f): 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2007
he lies and has a complex
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by gem87(f): 3:07am On Mar 27, 2007
i needed a break 2 find myself.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by t0kunb0(m): 7:10am On Mar 27, 2007
she was "over" cheating
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by jess(f): 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2007
Mine was a case of infidelity on his part. He was my first love. I met him when i was 19 and in my second year in the university. We dated for three years and planned to get married after my graduation. Barely four months to when he and his family were supposed to meet mine officially, i found out that he was cheating on me. I was in Uniben then, while he was working in Lagos. I was so in love with him and couldnt wait to be his wife and build a home for ourselves.
         Well,on one of his visits to my school,i saw two strange numbers stored on his phone as my wife and my darling. The numbers were definately not mine and when i confronted him he claimed that one of his lady friends who was mischievous had done it. I wasnt born yesterday so i knew something was up but i kept my cool. Again, he later confessed to my friends that he had cheated on me with a lady and he didnt know how to tell me. My friends told him he had to tell me himself because i wasnt supposed to hear it from them. He told me amidst tears and said he was sorry and it was a one night stand. I asked him if he had used protection because abeg i didnt want to get any thing from him, though we werent having sex. I forgave him because he was human and i was so in love with him. I asked for the name of the lady and he said her name was Sade. He did other things that werent straight but the one that really changed everything was when he was supposed to come spend the weekend in Benin and he didnt show up. He didnt call either and that got me worried as i thought something bad had happened to him.
          I called him and his phone rang with none answering. Then, someone called me and said that he was sent by him to inform me that he had a minor accident in which he broke his neck and wasnt in a position to talk to me. I let him be and decided to concentrate on my final exams because it became clear that he wasnt being straight with me. Two weeks to my exams, he showed up at my doorstep and i refused to talk to him. He asked my friend who was also upset with him to help him beg for my forgiveness. I told him i had forgiven him, but i didnt want anything to distract me, so he could leave and come back after my exams.
          To pacify me, he said he came with one of his relations who wanted to see me and she was in the car. Being the good girl that i am, i followed him to where the car was parked and sitting inside was a lady who was older than me. Somehow, something wasnt right about her and when he introduced us, he didnt mention her name. On her part, she said she came to see the woman who had caught his heart and wanted us to be best of friends. She asked to see my pictures but i was reluctant showing them to her because there was something about her i couldnt place. She later introduced herself as Folasade to i and my friends who had come to visit me earlier. It then struck me that this was the same girl who had slept with my boyfriend, but i didnt say anything because i had to be certain i was right.
          I asked my boyfriend and he said she wasnt. They claimed they were on their way to Warri to see his mum and he asked if i wanted to come along because his mum wanted to see me so we could discuss wedding plans and how they could come, as we were from different tribes;i am Ibo while he's Itsekiri. I had a test the next day so i asked him to please explain to his mum, promising that i would see her in two weeks. While i was hugging my boyfriend, i noticed Folasade was crying and i wondered why, though i didnt ask. They drove off. Later in the evening, i called his mum as a sign of respect to explain why i couldnt come with her son to see her. She was so happy to see me and when i asked if she had seen him yet, she said he was in Lagos. I smelt a rat but didnt let her know. I called his younger brother he also resides in Warri and he said the same thing his mum said. It was then became obvious to me that something was up. I tried to call my boyfriend but his phone was switched off.
             Two days later, he showed up at my door and said he was tired from his trip and wondered if his "darling wife-to-be" would be kind enough to prepare something for him. I was boiling inside but kept my cool. He said that we had to discuss his meeting my parents and his mum wasnt happy that i didnt come to see her. I smiled and said i wanted us to talk. I asked him to be sincere with me because that would really help us. I asked him if Folasade was Sade and he tried to play around,but said she was when he saw how serious i was. I lost my cool and asked why he disrespected me so much that he brought a girl he claimed to have a one night stand with to my room. He said that she asked to meet me and he didnt think there was any thing wrong as he didnt mind us being friends. I couldnt believe that he thought i was dumb to believe that. To cut the long story short, i broke up the relationship and he went on his knees crying and asking for forgiveness. I was heartbroken and almost fell for that, but i didnt want to get married to a liar and a cheat. I am from a broken home and my prayer had always been that i wouldnt let my children go through what i went through growing up without my mum. His mum, his siblings and friends tried to reconcile us but i could not continue even though i was still in love with him. I took me three years to get over that heart break. It almost affected my final result, but by the grace of God, i came out with a 2.1. Now, i am happy as i am in a relationship with a man who adores me, who's in love with me and whom i love so much. Some how, i don't miss not getting married to the other guy, because God has given me someone who is better in everyway. One of the problems i had with my ex was the issue of sex. He couldnt wait for us to at least start wedding preparations firat. I am happy i didnt succumb to the pressure cos i would have had a different story to tell. My fiancee is ready to wait till we get marries, moreso after he found out that i hadnt slept with anyman. He was so thrilled that at 25 i hadnt been touched and he loves me more.
             For everyone who has been through heartbreak, it isnt the end of the world. It only means that person wasnt meant for you. God has given us the bone of our bones, its up to us to find that person that complements you with God's help. That's my story.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2007
@ Jess, great story you've got there. I almost felt i was reading a novel! wink
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by jess(f): 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2007
@ davidylan,
i wish it was a story i would be so glad to sell it to any of the softsell magazines. Everything happened to me. I am able to talk about it now cos i've gotten over it. Moreover, it isnt nice to make fun of other people's experiences.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by spoilt(f): 6:41pm On Mar 28, 2007
@jess
God rescued you from a liar. he definitely didnt deserve you.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2007
jess:

@ davidylan,
i wish it was a story i would be so glad to sell it to any of the softsell magazines. Everything happened to me. I am able to talk about it now because i've gotten over it. Moreover, it isnt nice to make fun of other people's experiences.

No Jess, dont get me wrong. I wasnt making fun of your experience. That was a great experience, you only told it like you were a master novelist. In other words i was acknowledging your ability to put down your own experience in such a way as to make it a compelling read.

I wish you the very best with your new guy.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by moondust(m): 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2007
jess:

Mine was a case of infidelity on his part. He was my first love. I met him when i was 19 and in my second year in the university. We dated for three years and planned to get married after my graduation. Barely four months to when he and his family were supposed to meet mine officially, i found out that he was cheating on me. I was in Uniben then, while he was working in Lagos. I was so in love with him and couldnt wait to be his wife and build a home for ourselves.
Well,on one of his visits to my school,i saw two strange numbers stored on his phone as my wife and my darling. The numbers were definately not mine and when i confronted him he claimed that one of his lady friends who was mischievous had done it. I wasnt born yesterday so i knew something was up but i kept my cool. Again, he later confessed to my friends that he had cheated on me with a lady and he didnt know how to tell me. My friends told him he had to tell me himself because i wasnt supposed to hear it from them. He told me amidst tears and said he was sorry and it was a one night stand. I asked him if he had used protection because abeg i didnt want to get any thing from him, though we werent having sex. I forgave him because he was human and i was so in love with him. I asked for the name of the lady and he said her name was Sade. He did other things that werent straight but the one that really changed everything was when he was supposed to come spend the weekend in Benin and he didnt show up. He didnt call either and that got me worried as i thought something bad had happened to him.
I called him and his phone rang with none answering. Then, someone called me and said that he was sent by him to inform me that he had a minor accident in which he broke his neck and wasnt in a position to talk to me. I let him be and decided to concentrate on my final exams because it became clear that he wasnt being straight with me. Two weeks to my exams, he showed up at my doorstep and i refused to talk to him. He asked my friend who was also upset with him to help him beg for my forgiveness. I told him i had forgiven him, but i didnt want anything to distract me, so he could leave and come back after my exams.
To pacify me, he said he came with one of his relations who wanted to see me and she was in the car. Being the good girl that i am, i followed him to where the car was parked and sitting inside was a lady who was older than me. Somehow, something wasnt right about her and when he introduced us, he didnt mention her name. On her part, she said she came to see the woman who had caught his heart and wanted us to be best of friends. She asked to see my pictures but i was reluctant showing them to her because there was something about her i couldnt place. She later introduced herself as Folasade to i and my friends who had come to visit me earlier. It then struck me that this was the same girl who had slept with my boyfriend, but i didnt say anything because i had to be certain i was right.
I asked my boyfriend and he said she wasnt. They claimed they were on their way to Warri to see his mum and he asked if i wanted to come along because his mum wanted to see me so we could discuss wedding plans and how they could come, as we were from different tribes;i am Ibo while he's Itsekiri. I had a test the next day so i asked him to please explain to his mum, promising that i would see her in two weeks. While i was hugging my boyfriend, i noticed Folasade was crying and i wondered why, though i didnt ask. They drove off. Later in the evening, i called his mum as a sign of respect to explain why i couldnt come with her son to see her. She was so happy to see me and when i asked if she had seen him yet, she said he was in Lagos. I smelt a rat but didnt let her know. I called his younger brother he also resides in Warri and he said the same thing his mum said. It was then became obvious to me that something was up. I tried to call my boyfriend but his phone was switched off.
Two days later, he showed up at my door and said he was tired from his trip and wondered if his "darling wife-to-be" would be kind enough to prepare something for him. I was boiling inside but kept my cool. He said that we had to discuss his meeting my parents and his mum wasnt happy that i didnt come to see her. I smiled and said i wanted us to talk. I asked him to be sincere with me because that would really help us. I asked him if Folasade was Sade and he tried to play around,but said she was when he saw how serious i was. I lost my cool and asked why he disrespected me so much that he brought a girl he claimed to have a one night stand with to my room. He said that she asked to meet me and he didnt think there was any thing wrong as he didnt mind us being friends. I couldnt believe that he thought i was dumb to believe that. To cut the long story short, i broke up the relationship and he went on his knees crying and asking for forgiveness. I was heartbroken and almost fell for that, but i didnt want to get married to a liar and a cheat. I am from a broken home and my prayer had always been that i wouldnt let my children go through what i went through growing up without my mum. His mum, his siblings and friends tried to reconcile us but i could not continue even though i was still in love with him. I took me three years to get over that heart break. It almost affected my final result, but by the grace of God, i came out with a 2.1. Now, i am happy as i am in a relationship with a man who adores me, who's in love with me and whom i love so much. Some how, i don't miss not getting married to the other guy, because God has given me someone who is better in everyway. One of the problems i had with my ex was the issue of sex. He couldnt wait for us to at least start wedding preparations firat. I am happy i didnt succumb to the pressure because i would have had a different story to tell. My fiancee is ready to wait till we get marries, moreso after he found out that i hadnt slept with anyman. He was so thrilled that at 25 i hadnt been touched and he loves me more.
For everyone who has been through heartbreak, it isnt the end of the world. It only means that person wasnt meant for you. God has given us the bone of our bones, its up to us to find that person that complements you with God's help. That's my story.

Madam na wa o! u said somewhere dat u just cut d long story short, thank god we didnt get the full story, dem 4 need 2 expand internet 4 u
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by Coco29(f): 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2007
moondust:

Madam na wa o! u said somewhere that u just cut d long story short, thank god we didnt get the full story, them 4 need 2 expand internet for you

roflmao cheesy
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by adeboo(f): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2007
Cause he was married and he 'casually' forgot to mention it.

And he is very secretive - am a very opne person and i dont like dealing with people that are not open with me.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by spoilt(f): 3:27am On Apr 07, 2007
adeboo:

And he is very secretive - am a very opne person and i don't like dealing with people that are not open with me.

kpele. that one na real bad market!
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by mohawkchic(f): 3:56am On Apr 07, 2007
*Agrees whole-heartedly w/spoilt*
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by tega78(f): 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2007
Trust was broken------and even though we tried to make it work, it just couldn't work. sad

Trust takes a while to build and can be broken down in a few short minutes

Trust, like an egg, once broken can never be regained

Oh----plus, he was a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR!! angry
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by IBDat(m): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2007
moondust:

Madam na wa o! u said somewhere that u just cut d long story short, thank god we didnt get the full story, them 4 need 2 expand internet for you
Stop it!!!tears in my eyes can't hold it back. grin

My story is that we were both at fault, it wasn't going anywhere as i sure as hell was not going to marry her, she knew that, by the last few/6 months to end neither of us was faithful, we went on holiday to the US for 3 weeks, flew back and i called it quits at the airport.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by tega78(f): 1:31pm On Apr 13, 2007
adeboo:

And he is very secretive - am a very opne person and i don't like dealing with people that are not open with me.

Married??!!! shocked Didn't you pick the signs form him? How long were you together? If you were together for more than 1 month, surely you would have picked up the signs
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by NOIBMUUL(m): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2007
@th
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by OmoEkoearlpuckettyahoocouk(f): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
NOIBMUUL:

@topic
Anyway, i didnt really have any physical attraction for the babe from my eye to my nose one bit, except for the large boos sha. I's meant to keep her company the first day we met while my pal was having his way with her friend. Suddenly she's all over me and i couldn't tell her stop because i was just getting started with them boobs. Before i said 'SHIT' , we'd occupied the same bed; in less than 3weeks.
I got to know later, that she's desperate for a boy friend (what a wrong pick) She's a good girl though, respectful, a good companion, great cook etc but except the Lord build the house, the workers labour in vain!

Gotta light one more weed, brb

One Love

kai, u asssh oh!
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by kulaShaker(f): 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2007
got cheated on(not once, twice but 4 times) and it didn't end well, it was pretty nasty, but we speak now.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by Macgreat(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2007
To start is one and to quite is another but some people quite before starting.those who quite before starting will never quite while those that start off from the first day find a reason or an excuse to Quite.
Me never start not to talk of quit but if i want start i go quite first smiley wink
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by Njoy1(f): 1:23am On Aug 21, 2007
We were on a road to nowhere.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by chika98: 2:02am On Sep 13, 2007
He was stingy, self centered, had lots & lots of issues .
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by hucarson(m): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2007
She was sheisty.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by tome1: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2008
he was too slow for me and does not have a drive to succeed.no plans for the future.always living each day as it comes angry
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by iz2much: 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2008
She had a smelly Pussy,

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by jasmine23: 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2008
my ex broke up with me cause he felt i was a talkative, he alos felt i was too dependent on friends and famly. he wanted me to be independent. he never told me this in the course of the relationship. it wasafter the relationship eneded that he told me this.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by Dreloaded(f): 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2008
^ He sounds like a jackass.

Good ridden ce.
Re: Why Did You End Your Last Relationship? by adeboo(f): 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2008
Cause he was just a plain old fool - very insecure in himself so he just had to bounce.
Well, he kinda bounced himself cause he was so stupid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

He Must Be 1st Class Graduate - Nigerian Lady Lists Qualities Husband Must Have / Millionaire Socialite Joro Olumofin, Shares 10 Tips On How To Get A Boyfriend / Kano Conducts Mass Wedding For 1,500 Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.