Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) (426802 Views)

KINGS 3(7 Days Of Chaos) / KINGS 2(battleground) / Last Gang Standing 2: Killers and Fallen Kings.(Crime). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2018
KINGS
EPISODE 92

"HE IS YOUR UNCLE"Cleopatra blared out...
"Uhmm, You sound like you know him very well"James replied
Cleopatra furrow her brows, she wonder if he was deceiving her all this time, does he know she was the one who killed his cousin.... Could he be pretending and at the end of the day hand her over to the chief..... "Yes, he comes to the palace.... "
"Of course, i totally forgot you work at the palace.... "
"Worked... Am not there anymore... ,am sorry about your cousin.... "
"Thank you.."James muttered then he drank a glass of water.. "You know my cousin and i, we weren't much of friends, she was this high class type who just love to show up, she doesn't hesitate to step on anyone beneath her standard... Its really painful she is gone... "
Cleopatra gritted, What was he up to, what are his plans, she knew it is time for her to leave the house, whether he knows she killed his cousin or not, it was too much of a risk to still stay with him, she needs to move, she needs to get out and she needs to do it fast, else she is just going to run into her own grave....

MOGULA

"That's enough... "Gary said as the maid pour the drink in the wooden cup... He took it and gulp down a little. "So you think those people with strange books are really coming.....?
King Dafuda relax himself comfortably on the chair facing his son... "Dasari said it, she claims it was a vision.... "
"Father, Dasari has seen many things in the past, and most times they usually don't come to pass... "Gary said
King Dafuda chulkled.. "So you don't believe it?
"I have heard stories about the strange book a boy discovered in the past.....
"the whole region have heard that story ,sometimes even i doubt if it's true.... "
Gary chulkled..... "But grandfather said you were one of those who was opportuned to see what happened... "
"I was just a boy when my father came home one day, called everyone together and started telling us, since then the story has spread like a wild fire,its spreading from generation to generation"
"But i thought no one can cross the river, if its true the men with that strange book are coming, how would they be able to cross it.... ?Gary ask anxiously
"If KA-RU's can cross, anything can... "
"Speaking of KA-RU father, if the men with this strange book live on the other side of the river, don't you think the KA-RU will know about this book... "
"We have no KA-RU here"
Gary grin... "We do father, he is your son's servant.... "

Francis grunts as he pulled out the bucket from the well, he sniff and wipe the sweat from his face.....
"Tired"A voice sounded from behind him
He turn around, He exhales shapily as he saw the girl standing in front of him, for a moment he didn't say a word, he just stood gazing at her....
"Hi"He said shabbily....
"Hello"She replied with a tender voice.
Francis watch her as she deep her own bucket into the well, she was alluring, She had a kind of understated beauty, perhaps it was because she was so disarmingly unaware of her prettiness. Her fair skin was completely flawless
"So what is it like been a servant to the prince... ?She ask as she pulled her bucket from the well
Shock raced Francis, who is she, how did she know he was..... "Do you know me? He ask curiously
"I saw you at the feast..."
"What feast? Francis ask shapily
"The one you got drunk"
"Oh...!Francis muttered as he quickly realised it was the feast that was thrown in honour of king Jafar,but he doesn't remember seeing her face.....
"You really don't remember me? She ask
Francis shook his head..... "I don't think i saw you... "
"You fell on me when you trying to find your way out of the hall"
Francis was a little embarrassed, why didnt he remember it.... Was he that drunk.... "Am really sorry,i just wasn't myself that day... "
"Yes, you were drunk, but falling on me isn't even the weird part, you called me Katherine.... "
Francis bulge out his eyes.... "I didn't do that"
"You did, not once but three times before you stumbled your and hit your head on the wall"
Francis exhales... Then he bow his head, then face her again.... "Am sorry again for that"He replied shabbily greatly embarrass......
"You know i was actually thinking it was a girl you must have met before you came here, then i realise you stay in the palace, you must have probably met her, you are in love with the princess.......?
"No no no, you got it all wrong.. "Francis interjects...
"The princess is my friend.. "He added
She wink at him...
"I mean she is good to me, she is good to everyone, she is.....
"I saw you again on a horse with her...."
"Wait, have you been watching me?
"No, i just happened to be there when she came back from the hunt"
"The princess and i are just friends, no strings attached, just friends...."
"Am not debating that with you..... "
"Yes, you shouldn't, because its not funny... "Francis said impetuously..
"What isn't funny, the fact i said it or the fact you don't want to accept it....?
Francis grunts.... "Who are you.... ?
"Francis.... "
Francis quickly turn around when he heard his name..... "Adesa, he muttered, then he turn back to face the girl who rolled her eyes to Adesa's direction.....
"Francis, Princess ask for you.... "Adesa said
"Go on, she calls, you can't keep our princess waiting"She said....
Francis gave one last look, then he followed Adesa.....
"What are you doing with Babara?Adesa ask when they were distance away from her....
"Babara, is that her name? Francis ask
"Yes, she is the daughter of Azaze, the most ruthless minister"
"Ruthless.......
"You need to stay away from her...."
"Whooh, woh.. Slow down, is she ruthless as her father....? Francis ask anxiously
"It was rumoured that she killed a little child, just because the child bit her pet"
"what..... Then why is she here, wasn't she punished for such barbaric act....?
"Her father covered it up, there was no evidence, no testimony, after the incident, they traveled and everyone thought they were gone for good, and now they have returned to continue from where they stopped..... "
"Continue what?
"Their evil.... Adesa replied shapily
Francis was stormed by the words, she killed ababy, what sort of a person will do that.....
"For your own safety, never talk to her again, her father won't hesitate to kill you if he know an ordinary servant is talking to his daughter, wherever Barbara goes, trouble follows, so stay away from her.... "
Francis nodded, wondering what kind of Human she is......

Francis took a deep breathe as Adesa knocked on Katherine door, he wonder why she wants to see him.....
He jump back to his senses when the door flung open, without hesitation they went in.....
Katherine closed the door when they were in....
Francis scan his eyes around,the room was still the same way he has saw it the first day he came up here with Levi..
"Hey.... "Katherine muttered...
"Greetings princess.... "He said avoiding her eyes....
For a moment they all stood staring at each others face, Francis look away shyly....
"I need your help"Katherine said breaking the silence
Francis wonder what it is, what does she need from him, he was just a servant, what can he possibly do for her...... "Okay... "He said dryly
Katherine look under her pillow and brought a sheet of dried paper, then he gave it to him.... "Does those words mean anything to you?She ask curiously
Francis look at the words written with bold ink.... "This words HOLY HOLY are words from the bible"Francis said
"The bible, is that the name of the strange book? Katherine ask anxiously....
Francis couldn't believe she doesn't know about the bible, then he realise There was no Christianity here, only ogini..... "Yes it's called the bible and it isn't a strange book... "
"Don't say that so loud, people might hear it and they will say you are blasphemy... "Adesa interjects
"In your world, what is the use of the strange book? Katherine ask anxiously
"Its the word of God..."
"Your God, what's his name.....? Katherine ask...
"People call him different names, but the church says his name is Jehovah... "
"Princess, we shouldn't be doing this, remenber the walls have ears, someone might hear.. "Adesa said
Francis swallowed hard.... "Wait, what's going on, you look tense, are you okay... ?He ask inclined to touch her face, warm her up with the touch of his hands but hey he is just a servant....
"It seems this God, Jehovah is tormenting her in her dreams.... "Adesa said
Francis suck his teeth... "I may not go church more often but from the teaches i have heard from the church, God never torments, he does the opposite, he gives you peace, joy abundantly,if he is speaking to you in your dream, then you should listen to him, he is trying to tell you something.....
"What is he trying to tell me, why me....?
"I wish i know.... "Francis muttered....
"So this God, is he stronger than ogini? Adesa ask
"There are gods and there is a God, our God, Jehovah is stronger a'd mightier than any god you can think of"
Adesa exhales.. "We shouldn't be discussing this......"
Shock swept through them as the door flung open, they all raced for breathe when they realise it was Vuga....
"I told you to always knock....."Katherine blared out...
"Sorry, there was no time for that, we have more pressing issues at hand..... "Vuga said
"What do you mean, what pressing issues? Katherine said
"Well it seems my servant here has some explanations to do.... "
"I ask him to come here if that is what this pressing issues is about"Katherine said
Vuga scoffs"Its not about that, a guard came looking for him that Father wants to say him, so i keep asking myself, what does father wants to discuss with a slave, a servant to be specific, so i decided to find out for myself, so i dug deep, i ask a guard who heard father's conversation with brother, and he said Dasari had a vision that the men with the strange book are coming here.... "
Shock raced through them.....
"What....? Katherine blared out
"That's not all, unfortunately the men haven't cross the river yet, since they are at the other side of the river which i suppose KA-RU here came from....
"They want to ask me about the book"Francis cut in shapily
"You cannot tell the king about the book"Adesa blared out
"What do you mean he cannot tell him about the book? Vuga ask.... He turn away his face when Adesa look at him
"He will die if he do so"Adesa replied..
"What, but i cant possibly lie, lying will be denying the existence of God"
"Am afraid you have to lie.. "KATHERINE muttered...
"Is just father he will be talking to.... "Vuga said
"We know how news spread around here, we can't take that risk even if its only father... "
"So you are insinuating he lie to father.... "Vuga said
"That's is his only choice.... "Katherine muttered
"No its not my choice, it's your choice,am not going to lie to the king or anyone about the bible.... "
Adesa inhale shapily .. "Actually Francis you have two choices here,you lie to the king and be save or tell him what you have told us and your blood will the next blood to cleanse the land"

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE
sorry for the late update.. Low battery

5 Likes

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2018
hidhrhis:
Silver1996 oya now
I have update o

1 Like

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by hidhrhis(m): 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
Silver1996:

I have update o
Thanks for the update bro
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
Silver1996, There's somethings I've noticed, which I must bring to your attention.

1) Mogula doesn't know the Bible, then why is the princess named Kathrine ?
Because for her to bear that name, the kingdom must have made contacts with White people, as Kathrine is a foreign name. The Bible can't be strange then. Also, that applies to Barabra. Instead, you should have used native names.

2) If Francis is a KARU, he shouldn't be able to understand their speaking. They should be strange in their language or something.
They shouldn't be able to understand English. Kathrine should not be able to understand 'holy holy' , as she didn't attend school.

3) If I am correct, you said Francis fell from a cliff into water, then Ogini saved him. Isn't Mogula an underwater kingdom? Also, when he was still in Akpatu, how did he know about people on the other side?

This is a nice story, and little mistakes we overlook could kill it's vibe. Rectify the ones you can, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
Pinkberry5:
Silver1996, There's somethings I've noticed, which I must bring to your attention.

Because for her to bear that name, the kingdom must have made contacts with White people, as Kathrine is a foreign name. The Bible can't be strange then. Also, that applies to Barabra. Instead, you should have used native names.

2) If Francis is a KARU, he shouldn't be able to understand their speaking. They should be strange in their language or something.
They shouldn't be able to understand English. Kathrine should not be able to understand 'holy holy' , as she didn't attend school.

3) If I am correct, you said Francis fell from a cliff into water, then Ogini saved him. Isn't Mogula an underwater kingdom? Also, when he was still in Akpatu, how did he know about people on the other side?

This is a nice story, and little mistakes we overlook could kill it's vibe. Rectify the ones you can, thank you.

1-First of all, when i started the story, the first time i talked about Mogula(The other side of the world)I said that some people believe no one live there while the ones that believe says the only that leave at the other side of the river were cannibals and beasts..
Secondly the name Katherine was just a name i thought of, i didn't bring up the name, because it was related to bible to connected to the white people, the name just entered my head just the same way the rest did....

2-If i should start writing a different language here, will you understand?..what you need to know is, is just a story,Is not a true life event....
When i started writing about Mogula, i specifically said only ogini was the god they believed in, they worshipped ogini, and when Katherine had the dream, she didn't understand what it meant, this was the reason she ask francis because she assumed he could know the true meaning of the words since he was from the other side of the world.

3-Yes Francis fell from a cliff into the river, ogini saved him,but if you go back to that episode, you will notice he was found on land by the slave hunter, if you remember vividly, Francis was asking how he survived in the water everyone said no one can survived on... Though i will throw more light on that as the story goes on.... So Mogula is not an underwater kingdom...

If you remember vividly, Francis was always asking his father king Godfrey about the other side of the world, just the way i explained when i started, some people believe people exist there while others doesn't because no one has ever been there.. And Francis was one of this believers, even when his father told him there was nothing there, he has always wanted to see for himself if people really exist there, that was his wish, and if you remember when he got to mogula, he said his wish was granted.....
Same thing with Mogula, some people believe people doesn't exist on the other side of the river, people like king Dafuda, do you remember Francis first meeting with king Dafuda, when king Dafuda ask him if people truly exists in his world.....
This are two worlds seperated by a river, they have different perception to live, different ideologies, different livestyle.....

Thanks for pointing out that, hope i was able to answer your question.....

10 Likes

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Sensitivity1254: 12:15am On Sep 03, 2018
I daresay that if you had followed the story well, you would have known how Francis got to Mogula.

Yes, Katherine is an English or foreign name. You don't believe that his father being the king and someone that deals with slave masters and traders won't come in contact with such name and love it and decided to give it to his only daughter??
Everything shouldn't be spelt out in a story.

Katherine heard 'holy holy' in a dream, the story was silent if the dream was conveyed to her in English or in another language. She heard 'holy holy' but don't know what it means reason she asked Francis.

In one of the episodes, Francis asked his elder brother about the people on the other side. This story never portrays Mogula as an under water kingdom.

I think you need to take time to read the story again from the very beginning.

Pinkberry5:

5 Likes

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2018
Pinkberry5:

My dear, i think you should re-read this story again, there is no where in the story that says Katherine understood the words Holy Holy, even after she told Adesa ,Adesa said it was rumoured that the words Holy Holy were the same words written in the strange book.... So Katherine doesn't know what those words meant...

Try going over the story again, then pick out the journey of Francis right from Akpatu to Mogula.. And there is no where in the story that said Mogula is an underwater land...
I remember an episode where Francis ask his brother Pious About the other side of the world,Pious laugh and he told him there was no one there... If you understand the story very well, you will find out that it wasn't only Francis who was curious if people live in the other side of the river.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2018
I just wonder what Francis will say to the king
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Risingstar2020(f): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2018
Wait o, na Katherine name dey cause all dis many questions so, oya silver, change d name to Nkem or Ngozi, or Adanma self.... grin
My dear pinkberry5,you should know this is a fiction story, so Katherine bearing Katherine doesn't mean anything.
And mogula is not an underwater land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by afolabiwunmi: 9:52am On Sep 03, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Sensitivity1254: 9:59am On Sep 03, 2018
I hope he won't have to lie

Mavikolo2020:
I just wonder what Francis will say to the king
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
Okay I understand the story now wink

You guys shouldn't fry me ooh, I'm someone's child abeg grin grin

Silver1996, help me beg your people. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Shedrack36(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
one of the best story I have read . thank bro
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
Pinkberry5:

Dont worry they won't fry you, am glad you understand now.

1 Like

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
Risingstar2020:
Wait o, na Katherine name dey cause all dis many questions so, oya silver, change d name to Nkem or Ngozi, or Adanma self.... grin.

Funny grin
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by MummyIMadeIt: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
Pinkberry5:

Chai... Na so me take fall in lust with person pikin so

Pinkiebae.... Can I be dat special someone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
MummyIMadeIt:

Chai... Na so me take fall in lust with person pikin so

Pinkiebae.... Can I be dat special someone

Shut up grin

i'm a happily single girl. Go away and don't make me blush tongue
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Dackrapper(m): 11:40pm On Sep 03, 2018
Pinkberry5:
HA HA HA HA
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 8:09am On Sep 04, 2018
Pinkberry5:

Na who born this fine pikin, pinkyberry, i have already love you, just give me a chance to prove it

1 Like

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Sensitivity1254: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2018
You don dey shoot shot.

Mavikolo2020:

Na who born this fine pikin, pinkyberry, i have already love you, just give me a chance to prove it
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 10:17am On Sep 04, 2018
KINGS
EPISODE 93

"THIS IS FOOLISHNESS. "vuga blared out...
"Its the only way"Katherine interjects....
"What is so special about this book that he has to lie about it? Vuga ask....
He waited patiently for a reply, when none came, he wink his eyes at them....
"Have you forgotten the story? Katherine ask
"Oh please, everyone knows that story was told to impede fear on people, nothing of such happened.... "Vuga replied shapily
"Really,then why does father wants to ask him about him?
"Everyone believe the book to be a curse, so is anyone who wields it or have knowledge of it"Adesa interjects....
Vuga grunts... "Okay fine, lets say the book is a curse or whatever, he can't possibly lie to father, if father finds out he lied, the punishment is going to be severe.... "
Francis inhaled deeply, how can they suggest he lie about not knowing the bible, not knowing God... "Hold on.... Am not lying, i cant lie.. The bible exist, so does God.. "
"What God....? Vuga interjects...
"You have to lie Francis, for your sake, its the only way you are coming back from there alive..... "Adesa said

AKPATU

"I understand... "Chief Buzo said as he move from where he was standing to another side... He took a deep breathe when the call drop dead, he remove the phone from his ear and walk to the chair, he sat down, then stood up again...... He exhales wondering why his stupid son always tend to bring disgrace to him.... "Jacob"He shouted...
He sigh, then he called out his name again when no reply came the first time......
He sat back on the chair and focus his eyes on the TV....
"Dad.... "
He quickly stood up and turn back to face him...... "Don't you have a little bit of shame in you....? Chief Buzo ask slightly infuriated
Jacob grunts.... "I don't know what you are talking about Dad... "
"Where is Abigail?
Jacob suck his teeth, he look away, so that useless girl has told his father everything that happened.. He turn back to face him...... "I don't know Dad.... "
"You think i wouldn't find out, you are just so promiscuous, how can you stoop so low to film a servant just to get her in bed with you, don't you have any atom of dignity left in you, why are you bringing such disgrace to me"
"Hold on Dad, nothing happened between us,she try to seduce me but......
Before he could finish his sentence, Chief Buzo threw his walking stick at him and it hit his upper arm ......
"I regret the day your mother gave birth to you.... "Chief Buzo blared out greatly infuriated
Jacob groan then he walk away furiously......
Jacob jammed his room door behind him, anger boils deep in him, with furious eyes, he slammed the table with his hand...

Cleopatra keeps pacing around in her room, her mind was unsettled, the thoughts of the possibility that he might know she killed his cousin overcloud her every thinking, what if he knows and pretending, waiting for the right time to deliver her to the chief for slaughter....
She exhales as she move to the window, on second thought, if he knows he wouldn't have told her or was that part of the game he was playing, she thought she was safe here,now she knows she just run from one enemy to the same enemy.... She look outside from the window, the compound was quiet, probably the best time for her to leave, she can't stay here anymore.... He probably knows she killed his cousin, why else would he let her stay in his house.... She tossed her hair backwards, then she pick up the bag she had carried with her earlier and began to throw the clothes he has bought for her in... If she is going to keep running, at least, she should have some good clothes to wear, she added her own personal belongings,zip up the bag then stare out the window again... Her mind was made up she needs to run before the beast come to devour her,she quickly carry the bag in her hands and gently open the door, she peep outside wonderful where he is, where he has gone to... When she realise there was no time to answer her questions,she step outside from the room and slowly tiptoed to the parlour door, gently not making any noise, she slide down the door knob....
Fear engulfed her when she realise the door was locked..... "The bastard locked the door.. "She muttered.....
She scan her eyes around, just then she saw the key on the table, without hesitation, she quickly grab it, hands shaking she unlock the door and rushed outside....
She increase her pace as she begin to walk to the gate, she keep looking back, making sure he wasn't seeing her, just then she step wrongly,she lost her balance and fell on the hard cement floor....
She grimace as she look at the cut in her elbow, she try to stand up but the pains stomach pump up in her brain, she cried in agony as she touch her stomach ,the pain was overwhelming, severe....
Once she try to stand up then she fell back on the floor, its the pregnancy, she knew that for a fact,...she fight for breathe.. her anxiety was very much a black dog always in the background, niggling away. It felt like an unknown risk, an uncontrollable fear that would catch her unaware and it did and it was affecting her pregnancy giving her this pains...
Her breathe became heavy, just then she realise there was no way out, her eyes were fading, blur... Just then she close her eyes as the pains lingers inside her.....

Sonia was greatly depressed, she felt like she was a ghost, not a part of the real world, she was drowning ,slipping into her own worst nightmare,she feels like she has falling down a dark bottomless shaft, wondering if and when her fall will ever be caught. And as she look back to where she fell from--which is where she know she need to get back to--she can see it receding further into the distance, the proverbial light becoming dimmer and dimmer, while the shaft into which she is falling becomes deeper, darker, and all the more enveloping...she felt like her mind was replaced by another one and that make her felt worthless and numb to life,all she have was a feeling of perpetual sadness cooling up her spines, body and every muscle in her body,her confidence has been stolen, now she is no longer feel worthy of anyone's love.... She is a total loss, a total disappointment to the memories of those she love, she is now stuck in a box she can't get out from, her joy,her strength, her zeal to fight to the end has been stolen, all she have now was an overdose of sadness and depression,she is Standing underneath a floor of glass, screaming and banging on it trying to get the attention of the rest of the world going about their lives without you. The problem is no-one can hear her or even knows she is trapped there.
Her lovely moments has been replaced with sadness, despair ,fear, emptiness, embarrassment.,nothingness.... She was living in a fog, a world without colour or laughter,she was in a state of a complete and utter hopelessness ...she was living in hell.....
Her thoughts were interrupted when the door flung open, she gaze at who was coming slowly hiding her eyes from the light that beem into the room.....
"I brought food"Samantha said.

MOGULA

Great fear seized Francis the moment he was in the king presence, he rolled his eyes from Vuga to the Gary then to the king and the guards standing by, there was something about the king eyes that made his spines shook with fear....
"KA-RU.... "King Dafuda said
francis wasn't sure what to say, other than the meaning of KA-RU, he doesn't know any other reason why he was giving that name.....
"Tell me about your world, the other side of the river?King Dafuda said
Francis tremble with fear, he wasn't sure what to say...... "There is no much difference from the world here great king.... "He said with shaking mouth
"What God do you worship?king Dafuda ask...
Francis inhaled deeply, then he look at Vuga who reciprocated the look... He look at the king who was looking anxious for an answer.... "I.. Err.... "He stammered with trembling mouth....
"Don't be scared, say it"King Dafuda said
Francis sigh, a sigh of relief...but he was still skeptical.. Should he be afraid....
"Great king"A guard said from behind him..
"Azaze is here"The guard added

A slight shock swept through Katherine as Adesa rushed in without knocking....
"How is it going...? She ask anxiously
"Barbara's father is here"Adesa blared out...
"Azaze.... "Katherine muttered....
"Francis cannot say the truth the truth front of him,if Azaze knows, all hell will break loose.... "Katherine added

"Great king"Azaze said..
"Azaze, i was looking forward to seeing you and here you are"King Dafuda said
"I don't need to be invited before i grace the presence of the king.... "Azaze reply....
"I see you are in the middle of something,you should continue, i wouldn't want to impede you with my talks.... "Azaze added
Francis bulge out his eyes,so this is the man Adesa had told him about, the most ruthless chief.....
"So tell me son, which God do you serve....? King Dafuda ask again....
Francis was silent, fear crippled him, what should he say, his eyes caugh Azaze dark stare.....
King Dafuda exhales... "Fine, you don't want to answer that, there is a book that says the world and everything on it was created in six and whoever made this creation rested on the seventh day,do you know anything about this book....?
Francis can feel the pounding of his own heart beat, he wasn't sure what to say.....he just stood motionless with shaking mouth and trembling hands...
"The king ask a question boy"Azaze interjects
Francis look at Vuga who wink his eyes at him...
"When i ask a question, you answer me, do you know anything about this book....? King Dafuda said this time more authoritative
Great fear engulfed him, he try to open his mouth but no words came out, then he remenber the princess and Adesa warnings, lie and you shall be save, say the truth and your blood will the next blood to cleanse the land.. But how can he lie, lying will be denying the existence of God.....
"I er..... "He stammered

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by skubido(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
tanks a lot for the update
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by MummyIMadeIt: 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
Pinkberry5:

Shut up grin

i'm a happily single girl. Go away and don't make me blush tongue

cheesy, you may be happy as a single gal, but trust me you wud be happier by my side.

I can't fit shut up oo, when it's glaring an epitome of beauty you are.... Abeg don't blush yet, cos I mean every bit of it oo...

kiss

2 Likes

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by John944: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
Nice update! i'm tensed! more bro!
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2018
Na who put my guy for this kind tight corner... Oh Francis
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Evold: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2018
Francis is so useless
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by izaray(f): 9:51am On Sep 05, 2018
Fear fear Francis
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Risingstar2020(f): 10:21am On Sep 05, 2018
I dont understand why is he scared, it's not like King Dafuda will kill him if he says the truth..Francis you better answer o.. It's a yes or no question, stop wasting our time here
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Risingstar2020(f): 10:22am On Sep 05, 2018
Evold:
Francis is so useless
Lol
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by donsimoniiblog: 10:29am On Sep 05, 2018
finalky caught up

Btw read other interesting stories o

www.donsimonii.com
Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Silver1996(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
KINGS
EPISODE 94

JUST SAY THE TRUTH AND BE DONE WITH IT"His inner mind told him.... Though he was a bit startled by the kings look, he took a deep breath and assure himself he can do it, he will say the truth and nothing but it....
"Actually father he doesn't know anything about it"Vuga cut in impetuously...
Francis glance at Vuga, why would he jump in his defense....
"I know about the book"He said shapily....
"What do you know about it? King Dafuda ask
Francis caught sight of Vuga gaze but he didn't care..... "It's call the bible"He said without hesitation....
"The bible"King Dafuda parrotted
"Yes great king"
"So what does this book do? King Dafuda ask anxiously
"Nothing"He replied impetuously
"It just teaches the good works"He added
"Good works,what good works? King Dafuda ask
Francis exhales deeply.... His instincts tells him to stop talking ....what if he says something and it provoke the king, as myth he wants to talk about God, he doesn't want to die, not until he gets his revenge on those chiefs he put him in the situation he is right now"The good works of God, the works he will wants us to do.... "
"Blasphemy...."Azaze blared out
"Quiet Azaze"King Dafuda interjects harshly
Francis shook in his spines greatly startled by Azaze statement
"So tell me more about this your God, who is he, where did he come from, where does he stay? King Dafuda ask
Francis inhaled deeply, he could feel his fingers clenching and trembling with fear....
"He lives in our heart"He said with clenched teeth
King Dafuda scoff"What sort of a God will live in one's heart?
Francis didn't say a word, he just stood with shaking legs wondering when the questions will be over.... He exhale as he saw Azaze eyes glaring at him like a hungry lion targeting it's prey....
"That will be all for now, you have done well"King Dafuda said...
Francis sigh, a sigh of relief.....
"You can go"King Dafuda added
"Thank you great king"He said with trembling hands..... He look at Vuga who shook his head at him, he grits, then he walk away, praying the king doesn't call him back.......
He felt relax, relieved, the moment he walk out from the throne room, into the corridors.....
"You really are something"
He quickly turn around when he heard Vugas voice.....
"What was the meaning of the stunt you pulled in there....? Vuga ask
Francis shiver wondering what stunt he was talking about....."What stunt? He ask with clenched teeth
Vuga gritted.... "You were shaking in there, it was obvious fear was written all over you, then when i decided took talk for you so i can save you the embarrassment you were houling on yourself.... You spoke up.... "
"I didn't mean for you to jump in for me"
"You rather saw me embarrassed.... "Vuga cut in
Francis sigh, he wonder what Vuga problem is... "Am sorry"
"Do you have any idea how i felt in there?
"Francis..... "Adesa called from behind them
Both boys turn around to face her...
"I guess my dearest sister wants to see my servant.... "Vuga said
Adesa nodded turning away her face to avoid his gaze....
"You tell my dear sister, she has five seconds to talk to my blockhead servant... "
"Five seconds"both Francis and Adesa blared in verbatim
"Time is counting... Tit-tat.. "Vuga said and left them
They both chulkled.....

"How did it go? Katherine ask the moment Francis enter the room...
Francis exhales deeply, he might have done contrary to what she has told him but at least he was sure he did the right thing....... "I told him... "
"Told him what? Katherine ask
"Oh no, he told him the truth.... "Adesa interjects....
"You Told my father the truth....?
Francis nodded shabbily.....
"Do you have any idea what you have done.... "Adesa said
Francis wondered why they were worked up about it.... "Come on, you guys said i might die of i say the truth, i said the truth and am still here, do there is nothing to be afraid of, am fine"
"Is that what you think, that we are afraid you will die at the kings hands... "Adesa said
Francis gritted... "Of that isn't it, then what is it, why are you so scared something will happen to me?
"Look Francis, things wouldn't have been serious if it was only my father that was there..... "
Francis quickly remenber Azaze was there, the man's eyes really scared him to death....
Adesa grunts, she turn away her gaze then she turn to face Francis again... "Azaze can't be trusted, he will tell someone that a boy who knows about the strange everyone knows to be a curse is here,and that someone will tell somebody, that somebody will tell another person, and It will go on until the news gets to the dark priestess in the capital and she and the Lord will bring an army of ruthless killers to search for you..... You just made the biggest mistake of your life francis..... "

AKPATU

WILLIAM wasn't sure if what he was about to do was a bad idea, but he knew he has to do it, to free the princess...., he quickly placed the bottle and the two glass in the tray And step out from the bar house....
He look around to see if there was anyone in sight to deliver it, he smile when he saw a maid passing....
"Excuse me Grace..... "he said walking towards her
"My name isn't Grace,it's Nancy..... "The maid replied....
"The little things we forget..... "William said with a grin face....
"Ehmm... Can you give this to the princess"He said giving her the tray....
"Did she ask for it? The maid ask...
William scoffs.... "if she didn't, i wouldn't be giving it to her...."
"Okay, where is she....?
"She is upstairs, at the balcony.... "
The maid collected the tray, hesitated....
He said thank you, she nodded and left....
William took a deep breathe,..he has done his part, he prays the princess does hers well also.... Of everything goes as planned, he will be free from this mumbo jumbo lifestyle of a guard...

Claude knew what she has to do the moment she saw the maid with the tray....
"The guard ask me to bring you this.... "Nancy said
"So the guard couldn't come himself...., how rude of him.... "
"He said.....
"Just drop it and get out.... "Claude said
Nancy drop the tray on the table and left them wondering what was wrong with her
Claude grunts, then she pick up the glass, open the bottle and pour the drink on it....
The gulp down the whole glass then she look at Jerone... "There is an extra glass for you.... "
"Thank you princess, i don't drink.... "Jerone replied in a hoarse dry voice....
"Come on, you have been my shadow for quite a while now, at least you should share a drink with me...... "
"Thank you, but i will have to decline.... "
Claude sniff, then she poir a drink on the other glass, she stood up......"come on, take it.... "
"It will help me alot, if you help me drink to celebrate my days in prison..... ,don't go gentlemanly on me"She added forcing the drink in his hands.....
Jerone look at the glass....
"Come on, swallow it.... Help me drink away my sad day.... "Claude said....
Jerone scoffs, he was a bit surprise by her sudden behaviour, anyone in her choose would have probably acted the same way... Without hesitation, he gulp down the whole glass.....
"That's it, come on take more..... "She said taking the bottle....
"no more princess.... Am sorry.... "
"I understand you have to do your bodyguard job but can't you just share this one drink with me.... "
"I can't princess and you shouldn't be drinking either.... "He said collecting the bottle from her hand.....
"I need to leave this place Jerone, am going to go crazy if i continue staying here...."
"I understand, but that isn't my call to make.... "
"Of course, it isn't.. Guess i will just go my room and sleep off my pathetic life.... "
She drop the glass she was holding wink at him then begin to walk away.....
Jerone exhales deeply, he wipe his eyes with his finger, she was feeling a bit tipsy, dizzy....
He shook his head, he doesn't want to believe the princess druged him.... What is he thinking, they drank from the same bottle.... It is probably his body pulling pranks on him....... He sigh then he followed the princess....
Claude hissed when she saw Jerone running on the corridors to meet up with her... She wonder if he gets tired of following her .....she look around, the place was quiet, the perfect place to hatch her plans....
"I actually thought you are going to finish the whole bottle.... "She said but he didn't reply... She watch as he stop running, he stood shaking his head and touching his eyes consistently....
"What did you put in my drink.. ?He ask faintly...
Claude curl her lips... "I didn't, he did... "
Before Jerone could turn his face to the direction she was pointing to, he was knocked down hard by a fist....
"I was beginning to think you have bailed out.... "Claide said...
"How can the masterplanner bail out of his own plans....
William quickly drag Jerone into a corner...
"What did you put in the drink...? Claude ask wondering how it work fast..
"it wasn't in the drink, it was in the glass... "
"Yes, whatever what was it.....?
"It was xanax.... "
"Xanax.......!
"Yes, when mixed with alcohol, it intoxicates one fast like magic....."
"Now what? Claude ask anxiously...
"Now we escape... "
"Just like that, is that your plan, the guards at the gate will stop us the moment they see me.. "
"No they wont.... "He said as he brought out a gun that was tuck between trouser and underwear
"You have a gun....?
"I know what you are about to say, don't worry am not going to kill anyone.... "
"No, i wanted to say, if anyone gets in our way, you should shoot them without hesitation.... "
"Oh... I thought, you were the non violence type.... "William said a bit shock by that statement...
"Oh please, we both know non violence have done no one no good, if we are going to get out of here, we need to shoot every ugly head that gets in the way.... "

James kept pacing around in the lobby, he quickly ran to the nurse when he saw her coming from the room.....
"How is she.... "He ask anxiously
"It was just a minor situation.... Her axiety and nonrestlessness must have triggered the pains she was feeling, But don't you worry, Her baby and her are okay.... "
"shock swept through James.. Baby... "She is pregnant....? He blared out
"Oh, i thought you knew.. I was actually thinking you are the husband..... "
"No am not, am just her friend... "James said with clenched teeth
"Can i see her now....?
"Yes, sure.... "The nurse said...
He thank the nurse and quickly enter the room....
He sigh as he saw her lying on the bed with a plastic tube hold witj bandages fixed on her veins slowly injecting the drips(intravenous fluids) on her blood stream ...
He exhales deeply as the nurse words ring in his head.... Her baby and her are fine... He can't believe she is pregnant, and she didn't eve'tell him, of course she didn't tell him many things.....
He drew closer to her as she open her eyes.... "Hey, are you okay....? He ask
Her eyes were blur, for a moment she wasn't seeing clearly.... "Where am i? She ask faintly
"You are in the hospital, you fainted... "
"What.... "She blared then she bug out her eyes"You brought me to a hospital.... "She added when she realised where she was....
"Calm down, i saw you on the floor, there is nothing i could do, i was scared..... "
"I need to get out of here"
"You need to rest.... "
"You don't understand, he is looking for me, and if he finds out that am here, he will come here.. "
"Who is looking for you...?
"Oh God, you are one of them, you want me dead too.."She said wirh trembling mouth...
"Tessy, you need to calm down, you need to rest.... "
"You are going to kill me, aren't you, you want me to suffer.... "Cleopatra said with fear hovering around her....
Without hesitation, she pulled off the tube from her, then she pulled off the drip leaving the bandages....
"Tessy, you need to rest.... Nurse... "he shouted...
Cleopatra was furious, without hesitation, she pushed him out of the way then she started running....
"Tessy... "James shouted and ran after her...
Cleopatra could feel the pounding of her own heart as she run, he wants he death, he is been pretending to help, she needs to escape, escape from all of them....
She increase her pace when she saw him running after her, she push away anyone that tends to block her way...
"Tessy, stop running.... "James shouted
she didn't stop, doesn't want to, she just continue running until she got to the gate, when she realized he was closer to her, she ran into the road without hesitation, impulsively,impetuously...she wasn't thinking....
"Tessy..... "James shouted
She realizes what she has done when he called her...., then she saw a car speedily approaching her, she was in a state of delimma, wasn't sure what way to turn to.... She scream as the car hit her, she rolled,tumble on the car top then she fell hard on the floor with blood gushing out from her head,nose and mouth.....
The car driver stopped, he look back from the side mirror, when he realise what damage he has cause and what will be the consequences, he quickly start the engine and zoomed off speedily...
James ran to her,....
"Jesus...... "Some nurses who were also running after her and passerby shouted
James raised her up, but it was too late... Her blood rub his clothes....
"Tessy... Tessy.... "He shouted
A woman drew closer to him.... then she covered her mouth as tears run down her cheek.... "Oh my God, she is dead.... "

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) by Mavikolo2020: 8:16am On Sep 06, 2018
Hmmmmm
And here i was thinking its the chief that will kill her, how would i have know she will kill herself by herself.
What a tragic dead... The wicked are never at rest
Great update Ops... You too much

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (144) (Reply)

The Hole In The Wall / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.