Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,479 members, 7,843,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (45514 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / Man Breaks Up With His Fiancee Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by victorian(f): 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice

prechbills1:

sorry, we did our traditional marriage in December. my mom only started this behavior this year, if not for her we'd have done our wedding.

it seems it's high time I ignore you, because you ain't worth my time.

U don't need to be sorry. One thing I hate is inconsistency. If you want to lie, please lie well!
Read what u said all over again.
Every parents knows traditional marriage is the main marriage, wedding is just for ceremony, excluding court marriage. So calculate the lies all over again. and calculate when your mum was not in agreement with her marrying u.

Your mum cannot cry foul when the marriage has been done already.

Infact you are a pack of lies

Try, calm down, think deeply and come up with a more definite and calculated lie this time. If not? You are just burying yourself deeper with all these lies.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by highqueen(f): 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
cheesy
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
victorian:

U don't need to be sorry. One thing I hate is inconsistency. If you want to lie, please lie well!
Every parents knows traditional marriage is the main marriage, wedding is just for ceremony, excluding court marriage. So calculate the lies all over again. and calculate when your mum was not in agreement with her marrying u.

Try, calm down, think deeply and come up with a more definite and calculated lie this time. If not? You are just burying yourself deeper with all these lies.

in our culture, when you pay the bride a party is organized, that's what I call tradional marriage.

the only thing left is wedding and the court registery marriage.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
there's supposed to be main traddionall marriage where elders from other communities are present etc.
I skipped that one.

just paid bride price and want to proceed to wedding.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
highqueen:
cheesy

the lady is really getting me high
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:
there's supposed to be main traddionall marriage where elders from other communities are present etc.
I skipped that one.

just paid bride price and want to proceed to wedding.

So you have even married the woman and came here to waste our time and data.

Anyway, happy married life

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by highqueen(f): 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

the lady is really getting me high
since morning?shocked
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2018
noxide:

So you have even married the woman and came here to waste our time and data.

Anyway, happy married life

u don't understand.

if she does any funny thing now and we go to court, I think it'd be a waste of time.

so I think that's just a standby part marriage to please culture!

the main thing is the court registry wedding and the wedding(we want to do both)

I'll go ahead now with or without mom's endorsement.

I know what to do, even if she doesn't attend our marriage.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2018
highqueen:

since morning?shocked

nah, I've been off for a while
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by highqueen(f): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

okay.you can stop now,since you are already married.undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by highqueen(f): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

prechbills1:

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by fpeter(f): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

you're not serious.

I'm self employed, I'm boss of myself.
my wife and I are well to do.

I have alot of inheritance, I can even decide not to work again for the rest of my life.

please take your advice else where!!
why do women without jobs get married? smh

I don't know what is wrong with you guys.. please leave me alone!
go and make money and pamper your man! stop disturbing my mentions.

Self-made yet you would standby and watch a woman pay your groom price?
Good luck with your drilling business, cos this one pass gold digging.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by fpeter(f): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
Free that confused and delinquent OP.

victorian:

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Beey(f): 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

how am I even sure you're living in USA?

can you kindly screenshot this thread?

I also have zero respect for women who take money from men while they're not disabled. idiot
Fvck you.I don't need to prove anything to you.You talk like a child.You are not ready to hang among adults & you should be silent when men are talking because you are obviously still a baby boy who has a lot of growing up to do.I don't remember telling you that I was asking for money from any man.Am an independent woman, I make my own dollars.For crying out loud, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.You came here asking for advise & all you've been doing is insulting different people.We are not you're girlfriend young boy.If she takes crap from you, we here are not cut from the same fabric.You lack in manners.Go get your manners where you left it first then maybe you can engage people.Fool!

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by victorian(f): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
[quote author=fpeter post=66651760][/quote]q

I don free am already..

His wahala, his problem, his choice.
I have better things to do with my time.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by fpeter(f): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
Beey:
Fvck you.I don't need to prove anything to you.You talk like a child.You are not ready to hang among adults & you should be silent when men are talking because you are obviously still a baby boy who has a lot of growing up to do.I don't remember telling you that I was asking for money from any man.Am an independent woman, I make my own dollars.For crying out loud, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.You came here asking for advise & all you've been doing is insulting different people.We are not you're girlfriend young boy.If she takes crap from you, we here are not cut from the same fabric.You lack in manners.Go get your manners where you left it first then maybe you can engage people.Fool!

WELL DONE!!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

u don't understand.

if she does any funny thing now and we go to court, I think it'd be a waste of time.

so I think that's just a standby part marriage to please culture!

the main thing is the court registry wedding and the wedding(we want to do both)

I'll go ahead now with or without mom's endorsement.

I know what to do, even if she doesn't attend our marriage.

I WISH YOU A HAPPY MARRIED LIFE GUY
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by fpeter(f): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
victorian:
q

I don free am already..

His wahala, his problem, his choice.
I have better things to do with my time.

I tell you, if that woman marries him, she'll be making a serious mistake.
Boy wey no know wetin dey worry am sef, he's all over Nairaland cussing everyone.
He has too much free time in his hands, very immature somebody like that!
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
Sometimes when you look at the comments of some people that insult you directly or in a sarcastic way on social media.. ..All you do is Just ignore" because they don't worth your time.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by pedrilo: 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

bro at least at 24 I've achieved basic things in life.
I just want to know if I should go ahead without my mom's endorsement and bleasings.
I am more interested in ur achievements bro. U seem to be lost in ur fiancee's achievement. Tell me wetin u don achieve by urself at 24 for dis naija. Legit tins only oh.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
fpeter:

Self-made yet you would standby and watch a woman pay your groom price?
Good luck with your drilling business, cos this one pass gold digging.

okay dear.

your comment is highly appreciated.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
highqueen:

not legally undecided
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2018
pedrilo:
I am more interested in ur achievements bro. U seem to be lost in ur fiancee's achievement. Tell me wetin u don achieve by urself at 24 for dis naija. Legit tins only oh.

Thanks for your concern.
have a nice day.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Beey(f): 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
fpeter:

WELL DONE!!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy
This kid is driving me nuts.If he can't stand to take advise, why did he show up on this Nairaland? He should have gone elsewhere.Very childish if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
fpeter:

I tell you, if that woman marries him, she'll be making a serious mistake.
Boy wey no know wetin dey worry am sef, he's all over Nairaland cussing everyone.
He has too much free time in his hands, very immature somebody like that!

Victorian you're a married lady, kindly speak the truth if I insulted you in the first place?
you and that beey lady started insulting me unwarrantedly.

you called me a useless broke lazy boy, you insulted me and you know you directly or indirectly caused all these fracas.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by fpeter(f): 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

okay dear.

your comment is highly appreciated.

On a more serious note, you come across as a nice guy.
I hope you're making the right decision by getting married now.
Good luck but note that marriage is serious business.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2018
fpeter:

On a more serious note, you come across as a nice guy.
I hope you're making the right decision by getting married now.
Good luck but note that marriage is serious business.

I'm a nice guy.

there's a saying that" certain things can corrupt light "

I was very gentle and reserved until Victoria and beey started insulting me unwarrantedly.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
Beey:
This kid is driving me nuts.If he can't stand to take advise, why did he show up on this Nairaland? He should have gone elsewhere.Very childish if you ask me.

you're the childish one here for insulting me and even calling me a gold digger because I don't agree with your opinions.

well, anything that rocks your boat.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Beey(f): 4:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

you're the childish one here for insulting me and even calling me a gold digger because I don't agree with your opinions.

well, anything that rocks your boat.
If you don't agree with my opinion, you should have disagreed respectfully.But you resulted to insults for me & others on the forum.That's not how you engage with people.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Beey(f): 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

I'm a nice guy.

there's a saying that" certain things can corrupt light "

I was very gentle and reserved until Victoria and beey started insulting me unwarrantedly.
i asked a question & instead of answering, you started being rude.We are human beings with feelings you know.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
Beey:
i asked a question & instead of answering, you started being rude.We are human beings with feelings you know.

oya come and pamper me grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Guy Catches His Girlfriend Cheating While In Vacation (video) / I'm In Love With A Married Woman Whose Husband Is In Dubai / Man Sells Erection & Ejaculation Herbs After Preaching In A Bus, Lady Shocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.