Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (45408 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / Man Breaks Up With His Fiancee Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by obaataaokpaewu: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Link me with her! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Abfinest007(m): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
ur mom is right
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by sexy74(m): 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice
Is she the one you love or the comfort she provides?
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by monex(m): 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
later guys will start calling us golddiggers, so what are you guys going to call this one

thief go and marry your mate lipsrsealed

oildigger!!
ole, you better go and marry your mate, ,no wonder biacan said you depend on a commissioner's daughter for livelihood.

thief angry
we call it Gold digger too undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
Send me ur fiancées phone number.. She needs counseling grin

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Lexusgs430: 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice

Elope..... When grandkids start to pop, she would grant her blessings (if you still require it)..........

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by einsteine(m): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2018
OP is a troll.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2018
If you are yorouba u can go on and marry but if you are igbo don't even try it.

I have my reasons

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by bettyLad(f): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2018
just wondering how can a 24years old boy control a woman who's almost 30.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by nzube89(m): 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2018
Are you marrying her because of love or money ,if the formal is your answer bro go ahead with the marriage .it is you that is getting married not your mother

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by MissRaine69(f): 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2018
Her only objection is the age gap? What does she think will happen? Talk to her honestly and frankly if her only objection is the age gap then you will also have to state your reasons for wanting to marry her.

You are no longer a child sometimes you have to go against the tide even if that tide is mother. Does she not want to see you happy? This is what you need to explain to her.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by obowunmi(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2018
You better marry your sugarmama and move on.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by pennywys(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:

please advice
diamond digger
becos the babe get money u no want lose her

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by MissRaine69(f): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2018
bettyLad:
just wondering how can a 24years old boy control a woman who's almost 30.
Why does it have to be about control? A marriage cannot be mutually beneficial or it has to be a master and slave sort of arrangement to be called a marriage?

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Cadec007(m): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2018
Arondizuogu:
Give your mom an ultimatum: I'm getting married that's final, either you come or you don't come. Age doesn't play any role in marriage.. if you are matured enough and so is she then I see why not? My GF is 10 years older than me and I currently don't care. Both our families know.
are u 4 real, yeah?
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by zicoraads: 10:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
The minute you said this, "I can't leave her because she has done so many things for me..." was when I concluded your mom to be right.

Let's tell ourselves the bitter truth. You don't love her, just what she provides. You don't have a valid reason, just the fact that she provides for you.

I'm sure you already have what to do in mind, so I wish you all the best.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Seun360(m): 10:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
hajoke2000:
it's only in this century that we see it as a bad thing..

there are many couples out there who are also like u .....just like Peter okoye amongst others.

URS is just 5yrs that of Peter is 10yrs ..

age is not a barrier.

Leave that peter thing, that's not his real age.

that's celebrity age abi u think sey na only footballer dey falsify their age ni.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Cadec007(m): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
MissRaine69:

Why does it have to be about control? A marriage cannot be mutually beneficial or it has to be a master and slave sort of arrangement to be called a marriage?
i dunno 4 all these alpha males oo.....everything control......mtcheeeeeeewwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by pennywys(m): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
MissRaine69:

abeg leave dat one jaaree notin dey dere
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by starlightRR(m): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
Since it's the mom opposing, then there is something at stake
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
Cadec007:
are u 4 real, yeah?

Yeah I am.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Orecle(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
Guy, do what you will. Your mother is not going to live your life for you

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:

she'd only provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage, I'd provide 20.

I don't know why you guys reason this way

Guy, go ahead with the marriage, just tell your mum, it's your decision to make, since your dad is with you on these, ure good to go, Don't mind all these mofos and hypocrite telling you trash and gold diggers, If only they meet such a girl like your girlfriend, They won't even think twice b4 marrying her off. They are jealous of your success. I wish you well in your marriage jare, If the marriage will be held in Ibadan, call me, I would love to grace such beautiful occasion.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by InfernoNig: 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
They say what an elder can see while sitting down, a child cannot see it even if he climbs a palm tree. My bro, you are too young to get married now, you have a whole lot to learn in life. To me, it's no big deal marrying her but look at it from this angle. What will happen if you guys have issue and she abuses you in term of finance, or she get bored of you and decide to do things her way. Although still doesnt count but you should look into the long run of the marriage, don't let love lead you, use your head cos a mistake in first marriage can never be written off, and can affect the rest of your life. Peace

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Cadec007(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Yeah I am.
u try oo.....i only fantasize dating an older lady in ma dreams.....thought only celebraties get whoever they want
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by yesloaded: 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
einsteine:
OP is a troll.
well said grin
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:50pm On Apr 11, 2018
Is your mother the one entering the marriage if not the two of you.
As long as you love her go for her.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
Cadec007:
u try oo.....i only fantasize dating an older lady in ma dreams.....thought only celebraties get whoever they want

Lol. If you like someone and they like you, then I don't see why not?

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by shugamummy: 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
Boy read your Bible where it admonishes depending on a woman for living. It does not last,unless she can establish you with her money.....marry her only when you can feed yourself without her....simple

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by powerblaze(m): 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
One Day she will give you the slap of your life and remind you she's not your mate on any level. Na that time your eye go clear.. you can't afford to lose her, as if you will die if you do.
Beta wake up and listen to your mother.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by mrsfavour(f): 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
later guys will start calling us golddiggers, so what are you guys going to call this one

thief go and marry your mate lipsrsealed

oildigger!!
ole, you better go and marry your mate, ,no wonder biacan said you depend on a commissioner's daughter for livelihood.

thief angry
ahahahahahhahah, oil digger wan kill me with laugh
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:

bro at least at 24 I've achieved basic things in life.
I just want to know if I should go ahead without my mom's endorsement and bleasings.

basic things like?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Curses Her Boyfriend Of 9 Years For Dumping Her To Marry Another Girl / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At MMIA, Lagos (photos) / Moses Brave Pempelani Sakala: Zambia Man With 23 Girlfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.