Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,261 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Without Promises... - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Without Promises... (78469 Views)

Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Promises To Make 2023 Eventful / Ana President, Camillus Ukah Promises To Consolidate On Achievements / Osun 2018: HDP Candidate Wole Adedoyin, Promises Quality Education In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Promises... by pweetygiftofGod(f): 11:25am On May 21, 2018
Tell what, haaaaa
Re: Without Promises... by stevodot22(m): 2:36pm On May 21, 2018
Frank! don't do what I won't like. More data to ur phone and more ink to your pen.
Re: Without Promises... by queenitee(f): 4:19pm On May 21, 2018
Eh eh
Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 7:14pm On May 21, 2018
update abeg na.

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 21, 2018
Hunny please kwantinue, your story is addictive!wink
Re: Without Promises... by stephmiracle: 10:26am On May 22, 2018
Thanks for the update dearie. Keep it coming
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 5:13pm On May 22, 2018
"Nne ehh" he started while adjusting on the bed and stroking my long hair, "I am ehhh" he stopped and looked at my eyes while still scratching his head "adi bukwam married o (I was once married o)".

My eyes widened, I quickly got up from the bed to have a closer look on his face. "Why did he ever bring me to see his mom if he was married?" I thought to myself. "Hmmm hmmm" I cleared my throat and started like I even cared about his marital status, dorrhhh I need his cash. "So why am I here? Where is your wife?"

He started his explanations about the ex wife being such a crazy bad arse lazy woman, who was Soo disrespectful and had no regards for his family. "She even burnt my elder brother's clothes" he spat while keeping a fixed gaze at me to give a complete disapproval of the said woman.

All the while he was whining and whining and ranting, I was just nodding my head like a lizard who fell from the high mountains. "Is that all?" I asked when I noticed he had ran out of bad names to give her. "Omalicham you won't understand" he said while curling up to my arms, "thank God I have found you, it's left for momsy to come and give us approval".

Just then, I remembered it was still late night and his mom wasn't back yet, I was scared but I was convinced he wouldn't hurt me, at least not after revealing his past to me, or so I thought. "Isn't she coming back for the night?" I asked and he shook his head "no" he muttered. My fears doubled up, so this man wants to kill me and use me for rituals.

I quietly picked up my toiletries and told him I needed to use the bathroom and he was like "be fast baby, we ain't even started" while licking his lips. "We die here" I said under my breathe then kissed him deeply while wearing the warmest of my smiles, I told him I was coming.

As I closed the door behind me, I made up my mind to go stay in another room that was void of a window, the room Faith and Lizzy slept the first night. The doors where all iron doors so I was certain if only I could get to that room, then I might still survive the night. Without wasting much time as expected in the bathroom, I tiptoed to the room and double locked the room. "

They had better start planning to come get me spiritually but physically, they have failed for the night" I thought to myself as I wrapped the duvet over my body. I couldn't wait for morning to get out of this house that smells of evil. Just then, my phone rang and it was Soo loud that I had to quickly turn on the silent key. It was an unknown number. "Who dah hell could be calling me by that time of the night".

Tbc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by pweetygiftofGod(f): 5:26pm On May 22, 2018
The suspense biko fast forward na grin
Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 22, 2018
Thanks for the update. Keep it rolling!!! Thumbs up.
Re: Without Promises... by Dafreeguy(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2018
donnaD:
update abeg na.
Begi begi awa u shame!

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:22pm On May 22, 2018
I ignored the call but it came yet again and I had no choice than to pick and know who my caller was. I was fund of not speaking first if a number wasn't familiar to me, I have always heard stories of people who have dropped dead from picking strange numbers and I had always been weary of it.

"Hello, hello babe" I heard from the other side, I had tears in my eyes as I recognized the voice, "what are we without our friends" I thought to myself. "Fatish" I said smiling amidst tears, "big head so you could check up on me". I could hear her chuckle and I imagined the blushes on her face at my speech. "Kpaff I needed to know if you are alright o, my mind haven't been at rest since you left the house with that man" she said and continued almost immediately "I didn't want him to know I was the one incase my suspicion wasn't true anyways".

I tried calming her down and assured her that I was safe where I was, "how is Lizzy?" I asked after a while of lovie bestie chit chat and she said she was already dosing like a log as usual. "Don't worry bae, I will join you guys tomorrow" then I continued just before she hung up "and bae, you need to see his mom, she is drop dead gorgeous" I lied but noticed I wasn't hearing from her again. "Hello bae, babe!" I said as I took the phone off my ears and noticed she has gone off.

"Wow this girl just gave me cold chills" I muttered as I buried my head in the pillow while adjusting the duvet over my legs. Frank might have gone deep in sleep, I thought to myself, he could have been up looking for me. I was grateful I was kind of safe, and all I kept thinking till I slept off was, am I really going to see his mom?

I could hear footsteps outside the door but the room had no window so I couldn't check if it was morning. I quickly picked up my phone and Omg! It was already past 7am. To me, it felt like I lay on the bed, closed my eyes and here it was morning. For the first time,in a very long while, I went on my knees to greet Jesus Goodmorning. Finally, I survived I thought to myself, my beauty saved me.

"Britney! Britney!! Britney!!!" I heard from screaming my name all over the house, "Chineke mi ehh ebe ka nwa jewalu? (God mi ehh where did this child go to?". Again I looked at my phone and saw he had given me 21missed calls. My eyes widened, he gave me about 15 calls at about 12-2am and I didn't get to know cause I had put my phone on silent after Faith's call.

Maybe God used Faith to save me, maybe she wasn't really Faith but my Chi in disguise I thought to myself as I wore my slippers and opened the door. I held my phone very tight to my hands, if he dared rubbish, it was either I picked a race with him or I scream my lungs away to the hi heavens.

"Good morning" I said with a smile as I tickled him from the back. It startled him, he jolted and was like "Olaedom where have you been all night?". I laughed hysterically but sincerely it wasn't coming from the heart and I replied I was in his house but didn't need to sleep in the same room with him lest his mom comes home and won't have a good impression about me.

"Good girl, better pikin wey dey craze this old man" he said as he jacked me up and kissed me passionately. "Go and have your bath, mommy would be home soon". I pouted sexily and told him I wasn't bathing alone, "baby come and scrub my back Biko" I said as I dragged him along with me to the bathroom. In all honesty, I was scared and I needed him around me till whenever his supposed mother comes, I need no accidental death biko, village girls has polished up.

Tbc

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 8:08am On May 23, 2018
Dafreeguy:
Begi begi awa u shame!
if i catch u ehn,i must knock that ur big head.bia are u bk from ur roots?
Re: Without Promises... by Dafreeguy(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2018
donnaD:

if i catch u ehn,i must knock that ur big head.bia are u bk from ur roots?
Lol..since last week
Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 10:20am On May 23, 2018
Dafreeguy:
Lol..since last week
daz gud how our wife nko?
Re: Without Promises... by Dafreeguy(m): 12:44pm On May 23, 2018
donnaD:

daz gud how our wife nko?
Bia nne no go spoil show o..u no knw if na thru NL i go take see my wife
Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 9:15pm On May 23, 2018
Dafreeguy:
Bia nne no go spoil show o..u no knw if na thru NL i go take see my wife
akuko nna,u no go marry NL babe oo na confirm mbeke i want for u.
Re: Without Promises... by Dafreeguy(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2018
donnaD:

akuko nna,u no go marry NL babe oo na confirm mbeke i want for u.
Blood of habakkuk..i offend u?
Re: Without Promises... by stevodot22(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2018
Big up to you! Keep it flowing.
Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 12:50pm On May 24, 2018
Dafreeguy:
Blood of habakkuk..i offend u?
Nope oo I want the best for u.
Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 24, 2018
Brittney must be very careful. Keep it coming, plss. Expecting updates.
Re: Without Promises... by pweetygiftofGod(f): 8:00am On May 25, 2018
Biko Continuation o
Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 8:22am On May 25, 2018
Nice one.
Thanks for the update
Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 11:42am On May 25, 2018
Nice story, more update biko

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 11:56am On May 25, 2018
Dis frank igbo make sense die.
Well done Sapphire.

3 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 11:57am On May 25, 2018
Dis frank igbo make sense die.
Well done Sapphire.

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 7:46pm On May 25, 2018
Chapter Seven

"ehhheeee eheheemmm" I heard as we both got out of the bathroom stark naked. My eyes widened and I quickly ran back to get the towel on while Frank catwalked like a boss to his room without saying a word other than "Good morning ma" to the middle aged woman who wouldn't stop staring at me and shaking her head vigorously.

"Goooood morning ma" I stammered and stood like a fixed pool waiting for her reply, "what a bad way to meet my supposed mother inlaw" I thought to myself. "Ehhheee" she replied rather coldly and continued "Okwa etua ka iga esi anu nwam okwaya (shey this is how you will be marrying my son abi)".

She looked at me from my head to my toe and all I prayed for was "God can this ground open up, I want to sink in it". My eyes were fixed to the floor while my toes were tickling each other and my ears absorbing everything she had to say. "Don't go and wear your cloth o, nodu ebe a ka Ihe akpuru akpu ejekwala yiri akwa(stand here like a statue don't go and wear your cloth)" she said as she walked away then added rather harshly "ndi akwuna kwuna (prostitutes).

My heart sank inside, I had tears in my eyes, what did I ever do to deserve such cold words from someone who had never met me before. I still stood fixed to a spot when I felt a firm hand hold me by my waist. "Ugom" he started "shey na because of momsy?" He said as he wiped the tears that started flowing freely down my cheeks. "Amindikwana ndia na ebu church na isi akpaghari ka ndi na ere gala (don't mind these people who carries church religion in there head and go about like gala hawkers)" .

He held my hands and walked me to the room while explaining that his mother could be ridiculous at times and she despise to see sin. Seeing us bathe together was enough to conclude that we had been fornicating he explained and I kept nodding sheepishly while dressing up.

Just then I heard her scream an unfamiliar name "Edozie!! Edozie!!!!". I looked at him and he signalled me to keep shut that he was going to take his call. Just then I knew how igbotic this man was, "Edozie village name" I thought to myself as I watched him tiptoe out of the room. "Chukwuedozie let me not come and meet you in that room with that girl if not!" I heard her scream further and again my heart skipped, my tummy grumbled, I think I was going to purge.

Tbc

10 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 8:19pm On May 25, 2018
I sat on the bed still wondering the tricks I could use to get the woman's heart. My friends had called severally and I assured them I was fine, I just needed scoops to tackle a difficult woman who should be my mother inlaw in no distant time.

"Breakfast don set" Frank said as he called me through the door, he probably didn't want to come Inside cause of his tigress of a mother. I chuckled as I imagined a full grown arse man being Soo scared of his mother the way Frank was. I quickly got up, admired my self in the mirror and felt confident enough to grace her presence, then I stepped out in all my glory only to be floored yet again.

She had bread and egg sandwich in her mouth as I joined the table, the look in her eyes made me Soo unease. I sat and watched her swallowed hard like it was bile in her throat then she started "Edozie ebe do ka isiri na isi dute this girl (where did you say you brought this girl from)" she said with fury in her eyes and a two edged sword in her mouth.

"Nnem o, we are eating let's talk later" he quickly defended me while passing the bread and the plate of egg sauce for me. "Thank you" I muttered with my eyes glued to my food, I couldn't look up, her eyes feared the living day light out of me.

She hurried with her food like she felt disgusted sitting with me over breakfast. Just as she was done, she quickly added, "Don't wear sleeveless if you must stay under my son's roof in my presence". Her eyes widened even more as she gave me the strict instructions and I nodded and quickly added I was sorry.

This made her smile, the fierce woman smiled cause I said I was sorry, truly my chi was working for my good. "What is your name pretty lady?" She asked while standing close to the dinings exit door. Common sense told me to better avoid telling her my english name and stick to my Igbo name Biko, I can't stand her reaction if she hears "Britney".

"Olaedochukwu" I quickly replied and again she smiled and told me I was highly welcomed into her son's house, "but please when am around don't wear skimpy clothes or sleeveless" she added and I nodded. I was glad mother and daughter relationship was about to be established between us.

I didn't know what was in stock for me, I kept smiling sheepishly and thanking my Chi for making it alot easier for me till I heard my name from the backyard "Olaedochukwu!!!! Are you still eating?". I hurriedly drank my hot tea and rushed to the backyard to know why she was screaming my name.

Tbc

11 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 25, 2018
Well done sapphire.

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2018
Tanks lot for the update
Re: Without Promises... by StellamarisIII(f): 2:33pm On May 26, 2018
really lovely
Re: Without Promises... by itsandi(m): 3:05pm On May 26, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Without Promises... by queenitee(f): 6:16pm On May 26, 2018
Issokay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Fighting Back! / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.