Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,069 members, 7,811,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Without Promises... - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Without Promises... (78451 Views)

Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Promises To Make 2023 Eventful / Ana President, Camillus Ukah Promises To Consolidate On Achievements / Osun 2018: HDP Candidate Wole Adedoyin, Promises Quality Education In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Promises... by queenitee(f): 2:14pm On May 31, 2018
skubido:

Smile,,
Laugh. Hihihihii
Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 4:17pm On May 31, 2018
queenitee:

Laugh. Hihihihii

Good of u
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:37pm On May 31, 2018
At first, Frank was reluctant to give me a dime. The few times it had to do with money, he had shown me he was very stingy so I didn't waste much of his time demanding for much. "Biko just top me up with 5h" I said while trying to appear playful and searching through his pockets while he wriggled in pleasure like we were on a jambori which was more of a pretence than real.

I managed to squeeze out 2k from his shorts and I quickly held it tight fisted while pecking him swiftly. As soon as I left his door, a part of me wanted to pick a race but I reminded myself that I had to be cool. I didn't see mama again but she was the lest of my worries. Like Usain bolt's, I ran the as fast as my legs could carry me just after crossing the gate.

The old lady that lived in the hut outside greeted me but I was far gone before the winds blew the shrill "nwam nnoo (my child welcome)" to my ears. I had gone a reasonable distance on foot when I decided it was safe for me and I had to stop. "Una get cold pure water?" I asked as I got to a kiosk close to where I was stood.

Frank had one few occasions bought something from the woman while I was in the car so I guess my face was familiar to her. "Nnem Biko no vex Kam juo go? (Nne please lemme ask you)" she started as I gulped every droplet of the satchet water down my throat. I raised my face, nodded and she continued. "How well do you know Ikegwu's family?"

"She has the wrong girl" I thought to myself as I replied her that I had no either who she was talking about. "Beware of that man you go out with, Frank ka ogini bu aha ya again (or what's his name again)". She sounded very stern with her warnings and concluded "well it's your life". I nodded still clueless as to what to reply her.

Searching through my Jean pockets, I saw a 10naira note and as I made to pay her, she declined and said she was okay with what she told me and don't need me to pay her for the water that besides I looked like one who really needed it. "Thanks ma, I should be on my way" I replied and she stared at me like she wasn't finished with me.

"Wait" she called out just as I was about leaving, "Go to St. Anthony's church Awka and enquire about his elder brother, he is a Priest, I believe he will guide you". I smiled, not cause she was talking trash but cause I didn't need that info, I wasn't ever going to have anything to do with Frank so Bleep it. "Okay ma" I replied and zoomed off but truly, the death that will kill a dog will never let it perceive the smell of faeces maybe if it did, dogs like the cats would have nine lives.

Tbc

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 10:56pm On May 31, 2018
Op sha,
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:58pm On May 31, 2018
skubido:
Op sha,
tongue
Re: Without Promises... by aprilwise(m): 11:14pm On May 31, 2018
well done for ur updates.

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks for the update. Keep it up. God bless. Happy New Month!!!

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks dear, more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Cadec007(m): 10:05am On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks ma!

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by queenitee(f): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
Eeyah, Pele

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by obyikye(f): 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2018
keep it up sisterly, more updates please....

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by stevodot22(m): 2:29pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nice one but the update is toooo short.op, pls we need a lenthy ones.

3 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2018
I no go hail u sapphirePRINCEX the updates short joor and it takes tyme, u just dey do me long throat haba u can do more than this abi no be u again?abeg shake body.

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Mrmezico(m): 7:43am On Jun 02, 2018
This story is really getting interesting...

to my mind, its either Franks family is bad as presumed or ur mind is just deluding u maybe from wht ur friends told u they witnessed after the night at Franks house, and I don't trust that ur friends much...

well let's proceed......??
Re: Without Promises... by obyikye(f): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
Mama, please I need updates, I have being on the lookout like mad. Abeg do something....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by rosalieene(f): 11:13am On Jun 08, 2018
please update na sad
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:48am On Jun 08, 2018
Sorry readers... Una babe hasn't really been herself o... I want to really update but circumstances beyond my control tie me down cry... Inkpapervodka come still tie me down with Grace wink... I won't miss a long updates this evening... I promise u all kiss kiss kiss kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without Promises... by Ann2012(f): 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
Oya na, no wahala
Re: Without Promises... by obyikye(f): 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Sorry readers... Una babe hasn't really been herself o... I want to really update but circumstances beyond my control tie me down cry... Inkpapervodka come still tie me down with Grace wink... I won't miss a long updates this evening... I promise u all kiss kiss kiss kiss
Mama, evening has come and gone, we are gone far into the night still no updates... ��������.
Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
This is an example of promise and fail babe angry
Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
izaray:
Today has not ended. Just wait a bit more..........

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by pweetygiftofGod(f): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:

I'm still waiting o
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
Sorry for inconveniences, hmmmm it's well with my soul Amen.. let's go dia.

Chapter Eight.

I had already forgotten about Frank and moved on to other petty dudes that had little or nothing but they shrinked kondos to offer me. I guess he too forgot me too as I was probably a bad news to their coven. Life was becoming cruel and no one wanted to identify with my friends and I anymore. Even the Landlord's wife who would hail and exchange pleasantries with us suddenly started giving us cold shoulders cause we stopped patronizing her as often as we usually did.

One morning, we were gisting and talking about our ugly experiences with men when the hard knock came on the door. "Lizzy go get the door" I ordered like the boss lady I had always tried to be to my friends. She didn't hesitate, few seconds later the door was open and the landlord came in with thugs and started flinging our things outside.

"The only tenant I know is Faith! throw this sluts outside" he shouted at the thugs. The men were so rough on Lizzy and I, they ordered us to pick our things and leave. Hurt tears were welling up on my eyes, "where do I go from here" I thought to myself as I let the tears flow. Maybe my time was up,maybe I truly needed to be back to my village.

"Oga easy on my ghana must go abeg!" I shouted as they flinged it towards the road, I had rushed to attack the men when the Landlord immediately hit me on my arms with a piece of long rod he was holding. He hit me badly that I started bleeding. I didn't know how I was going to do it but I vowed I would make the Landlord pay for every single drop of my blood that fell on his floor.

Just then, I remembered Frank, "oh my poor boy" I muttered as I started dialing his number. I rather die in his hands than not get justice for the cruelty the landlord was meting on Lizzy and I. Faith on her part grew pale, she stood by the window watching us, bae didnt want to be involved in our situation lest they refund her money and send her out too. Even though her house was petty, atleast it provided shelter for the rain and the sun,it was our resting place.

"Hello, you finally swallowed your pride and called" Frank chuckled, I was floored but I knew I had to apply all manipulative skills to get him to do my biddings. "Baaaabby" I stammered while making my tears obvious to his ears on the phone. "Am in a deep trouble please come over to Faith's house and save me" I cried even more harder that I could bet he wouldn't wait a second to hit the road on a rescue mission for me.

Tbc

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
izaray:
I guess I have to pray for ba3 while making promises too grin grin kiss
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
About 26minutes later, Frank Lawson Ikegwu was already there to meet us, sitting on top of our bags like refugees. "Nnem what happened" he said shocked and a tint of pity as he examined my body. "Ewoooooo negodi blood (see blood) onye mere go ihe nkea?(who did this to you)?"

I started a fresh episode of tears, I tried explaining but tears won't let me, Lizzy took up the mantle and started her epistle of stories but she wasn't hitting the nail on the head like I wanted. "Is that enough reason to hit my girl like this?" He thundered, my inner mind smiled passionately "ehhe now we are making head way".

"I gwakwara ya na ibu nwunye Frank na Awka? (Did you tell him you are Frank's wife in this Awka?)" He roared as he took pictures of the bleeding wounds in my arm. "Put your bags in the car, we are going to Zone 9". He said as he helped with some of the bag and put them in his boot.

I was happy we had created a scene, everyone who thought us as beggars saw the big Jeep that stood up for us. Although they may not have heard our conversations but I was pretty sure they knew the drama wasn't over yet. "Nne eh keep shedding this your tears inu (you hear) we would be needing it at the police station"

I felt he was mocking me but I still found myself increasing the tempo of my cry while he kept nodding his head. "What is this idiot up to?" I thought for every drop of tear that left my eyes but I couldn't help it. If this method will make the Landlord pay for my pound of flesh, then the charade must go on till he was put behind bars.

We had gotten there and he ordered us to remain in the car while he goes to settle with the police and get some men along with him for a possible arrest. Not long after, he was back with some uniformed men and he was like "Officers see my wife! This is battery and she is even few weeks pregnant!" He lamented.

"Oh my God" slipped from the lips of one of the Police men and the other was like "we would bring this man to book this is absolute battery!". I was just nodding and shedding tears,this time crocodile tears, my revenge would work I was Soo happy. "I just pray I don't lose my child, my first baby, I go just die if anything do am"Frank said amidst tears to attract more pity from the men.

That day, I dof cap for politicians, they are actors, comedians, thieves and liars all in one. "Who even told him to act on my behalf" I thought to myself as I wondered on what he stood to gain. Lizzy pressed my hands, I needed to be focused, it was like the tears in my eyes were drying up and she needed to remind me to start all-over again.

Tbc

6 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2018
After opening a case file for us with the normal greezing of palms Frank did, the police men hopped into the car and we got driving down to Faith's apartment to show the Landlord who the boss is. All I imagined was the baldheaded fool begging for my mercy, a mercy he won't get till after about a week in police custody.

We got down and like every environment is usually deserted at the site of ekelebe, the entire street comported themselves. I was glad the neighborhood would have stories for the night in my name. Maybe, if I wasn't destined to be a tv star, I was going to Zik Avenue's star for the next one week.

"Where does the man live?" One of the Officers asked Lizzy, they didn't want to say a word to me cause they felt I was traumatized. Besides, I didn't know how much Frank gave them but I knew he had bought both the case and respect for myself and his. "Upstairs" Lizzy replied shakily.

Like soldiers ready for battle with their opponents,they marched confidently upstairs and knocked on his door like they contributed a bag of cement for him during the construction of the building. Truly the walls had ears, eyes and of course nostrils to perceive even the tiniest danger.

The landlady with shaky hands had opened the door and stood defenseless as she watched me, Lizzy and Frank stand behind the Officers. She quickly knelt down and started apologizing "Bikonu, my husband didn't mean to hurt her" she started, "ask her, I gave her rob for the injury"

Truly she gave me balm for my injury but the balm didn't tend to my wounded heart and pride which was crushed that day. This what what I was fighting to gain back, to hell with her balm. "You bin think say she no get person abi" Frank roared "she is my wife! I just let her stay here just cause she stubbornly wouldn't stay in our duplex alone while I was out for a conference in Abuja" he continued.

"Pray she don't lose her child! I will destroy your husband and your entire family, see the nonsense mmadu kpuru ulo, ebe ana akpa okuku (person call house, where they rear fowls)" he continued. For a second, I paused to look at his facial expressions, "was he really genuinely feeling sorry for me?" I thought till I heard " Una must pay me double for all this wahala, our compensation would be the full house rent Faith paid for her stay here".

My heart sank, jeezzzzz Frank was Soo unbelievable, so he was in this just for the money he wanted to make out of it for his pocket, I doubted it was for me. Politicians were big touts too, I thought to myself as I eyed him slightly. "My husband is not around" the Landlady said softly hopefully looking at our faces to buy pity.

Tbc

6 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 10, 2018
grin grin grin , this episodes is so funny.
Nne keep it up.
Dalu.

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 6:51am On Jun 10, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
I taut u hv forsaken us here.nice to hv u bk.
Re: Without Promises... by Ann2012(f): 7:27am On Jun 10, 2018
Interesting updates
Re: Without Promises... by oyinella(f): 7:43am On Jun 10, 2018
Ehem, the love come dey fear me oh
Re: Without Promises... by stevodot22(m): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2018
This Frank is something else, I tot he was trowing those tantrums because of his babe never knew he had ulterior motives. Nice job princex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Fighting Back! / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.