Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Without Promises... - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Without Promises... (78453 Views)

Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Promises To Make 2023 Eventful / Ana President, Camillus Ukah Promises To Consolidate On Achievements / Osun 2018: HDP Candidate Wole Adedoyin, Promises Quality Education In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
Funny and interesting updates. Keep it up. Thanks a lot.
Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update. God bless
Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
Babe you're good! I want more.
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
"we would be back" the officers thundered as they stormed out before we followed suit. I could bet the fool would be somewhere under his bed praying for his life yet he couldn't spare us a shelter over our head..

We had gone back to the station to drop the Officers after which Frank was like "Nnem,we would be heading home now". My heart sank, "shebi is that ritual house" I thought to myself without knowing Lizzy had already given a blunt reply. All I heard was "sir".

I looked at her in askance and she shook her head, I swallowed hard then told Frank I was Soo exhausted to start going to Agulu by that time of the day. "Baby let's lodge nah" I said as I stroke his beads lightly. "Your friend don talk say she no go go my house nah" he said as he eyed her slightly but I was not moved, I rather sleep on the streets than spend a night in his house.

He didn't make a fuss again but from his looks I could sense he was not really happy. If he had a choice he could have sent us out of his car. He might have to pay for our hotel bills which he wasn't comfortable with as a renowned stingy man but he was sure he would also have me for the night too so he willingly did the transaction and booked two rooms, one for Lizzy and the other for us.

I got into the room and it was too local, nothing suitable for a rich man that he was. "Baby gush are we really sleeping here" I lamented, Faith's house might have been nothing nice but having to pay to lodge in such a room for the night was misery. He nodded and started taking off his clothes like it didn't matter while comfortably sitting on the bed that has an I was white bedsheet and a duvet that looked worn out with age.

"Baby on the fan for me please" he said as he lay on the bed with just boxers on,I felt soo irritated but anything silly from me could make him back down on my revenge, so I got up turned the bloody fan on but it was blowing like a tortoise climbing the hills of Kilimanjaro. Not only was it slow even at the highest, it made screeching noises that could be needed at a morgue,maybe it could wake the dead.

I was Soo angry, but he fought hard not to laugh at me, "Olam come to daddy" he said while petting and rubbing my back but I swiftly pushed it away. I wanted to scream so loud but I just couldn't help it. "Frank why are you punishing me like this nah?"I asked after a long tamed silence to avoid using vogue words on him.

"Nne ehhh ejighim ego manage what I can afford (Nne ehh, I don't have money)" he said bluntly and turned over like he was pissed. I wasn't buying that but I had to keep pestering in the softest of my tune. "What special adviser to the Governor comes in this kind of place?" I asked hoping pride would at least make him change his mind but Frank's stinginess was inbuilt, I was just blabbing to him.

He got up, kissed me forcefully while trying to at least act romantic by playing with my nipple. My guards were let down, I slowly gave into the bed that irritated me and soon spread my legs for him to have me. Not long as he was pounding me in the missionary position, we decided to change styles to doggy. As I turned my back for him, I heard kind of an exclamation for him, I turned around to know what it was and he's screamed yet again "Okwanu Obara o!!! (This is really blood)" he tapped me as he got up immediately "Nne ehh period gi ebidola o, Okwa Obara (nne ehh your period has started, this is blood)"

Tbc

7 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update, God bless
Re: Without Promises... by YINKS89(m): 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
U don't spoil frank juju... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by sekundosekundo: 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
oyinella:
Ehem, the love come dey fear me oh

Oyi...How are you doing?.

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for the update. Keep it up. God bless.
Re: Without Promises... by pweetygiftofGod(f): 7:03am On Jun 11, 2018
LOL... jazz haf spoil grin grin

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 9:51am On Jun 11, 2018
Frank juju yaff scatter cheesy :

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Kaycee9242(m): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2018
Lol op is really funny, u really portrayed anambra xter here, keep it up dear
Re: Without Promises... by Pinkfeet: 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
interesting .
keep it up
Re: Without Promises... by queenitee(f): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2018
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Without Promises... by stevodot22(m): 11:43am On Jun 14, 2018
This Frank of a guy is too local for my liking! Wehdone ma.
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
Chapter Nine.

The officers believed I had a miscarriage after the trauma. Who wouldn't believe when my period stood as an evidence. The landlord was arrested and given a 50k bail charge, I had my pound of flesh but yet I was not happy after all.

"Olaedochukwu" I heard as I alighted from Frank's car in front of a Delight supermarket. Who knows me here I thought as my eyes rolled all-over. . "Omg it's really her!" I heard as someone approached me quickly. My eyes widened as I screamed "Esomchi!!!".

We had been good friends back in secondary school, my best friend and gist partner, she was more like a sister to me. "What are you doing here?" She asked while scrutinizing me. We had always been in competition between ourselves but now it seemed that I had beat her on this one.

"Well, am now a happily married woman and the young man in there" I said while pointing to him through the window "is the angel God sent to wipe my tears away". "Eiya" she said and continued "Nah now I go call you Britney with confidence, Nne u too package!" She said with a voice of happiness tinged with envy for me.

We exchanged contacts immediately cause I didn't want any interruption from Frank once he got down from the car and I needed to know what she was doing in Awka, when she left the village and if possible get to know if she had news about my parents. I had been avoiding going home till I was successful in the city, it doesn't matter how long I stayed but I needed to hit it big and make my family proud before going home.

Just then, Frank alighted and walked towards us, he had his sunshades on and omg he was looking Soo cute! Just as I wanted him to be before my friend. "Sweetie meet my friend Cleo" I said while eyeing her to buy the name "Cleo the man of my dreams Frank". All the while I was doing an intro, Frank had his gaze on his phone like he wanted to send an urgent text to someone.

"Asa kedu?" Frank said as he offered his hands for a handshake while taking off his glasses with the other. "Frank Lawson!" Esomchi said as she withdrew her hands and looked at me deeply, "You both know each other?" I said as I stared at the both of them. "You know what, just call me on the phone Britney" she said as she walked out on us.

I was floored, just a while ago my shoulders were raised Soo high that it could poke the skies and just in a matter of seconds,my inflated balloons where pricked so bad that everything crumbled to Zero. Frank really has alot of explanation to do. He didn't look bothered, maybe cause he felt he owed me no explanation. "Nne are we still or ichoro kam duna gi uno? (Do you want me to take you home?). "Bastard" I muttered under my breathe as I walked inside the supermarket while he followed suit.

Tbc

6 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
Keep the update coming dear
Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
Uno go leave Frank abi..

OP tanks for the update. Been a while. Hope all is well
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2018
skubido:
Uno go leave Frank abi..

OP tanks for the update. Been a while. Hope all is well
Tryna smile..
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:54am On Jun 23, 2018
"So you ain't saying anything?" I found myself asking while fuming with rage after a long silent drive between us. "And u would let all this small small girls deceive you abi? I thought you are a big girl Britney!" He hissed as he alighted from the car and banged the door with me still inside

I narrowed my eyes as I watched him enter the house, "so this mumu can even speak correct English in anger" I thought to myself as my lips parted slightly in a quick smile. "Why am I even Jealous sef" I spat as I got down from the car and noticed he had left his small Nokia phone where I was sitting.

Frank could be the man who gives me butterflies in my stomach but he was also too stingy for my liking. I had dropped other guys just for him alone while hoping he would become more light fisted but for where. Dropping other guys was a big mistake for a hustler like me, I couldn't believe I was becoming more jealous and over protective for a man who barely spends on me.

I picked up the phone just to hand it over to him but busybody won't let me. "Checking a text or two won't hurt" I said as I scrolled down to his message box. "Baby, and are you not mine?" Was the first text I saw he sent to someone. That was the only message on his phone, he must have deleted every other ones and mistakenly left the latter.

I quickly took the recipient's number and walked in with smiles like nothing happened. "You left this in the car" I said as I threw his phone close to where he lay on the bed and started undressing myself like I cared less. His eyes widened, he looked me in the face with suspicions but was kind of confident he must have cleared his shit.

"Olaedo daddy" he started after a quick glance on the phone, I was laying in bed with him but I pretended to be Soo glued to my phone chatting with imaginary people. I had checked out the number on Whatsapp but the biitch was local enough not have a Whatsapp messenger. "Nne am talking to you" he continued when he noticed I was not giving in to his gibberish.

"You are talking to me" I said lifting an eyebrow while concentrating more on my phone. "You know am a very popular person in this Awka, that girl must have said that to poison your mind about me nah" he explained while pulling me closer to himself.

Esomchi would never do that not when we haven't met in a long while. He was obviously lying but on another thought, what if it was true. "I have heard you Frank" I replied rather too coldly as I remembered the message on his phone. This was no longer about his business whatever with Esomchi, he had another woman in his life while making me believe it was just me in his life which was why I gave up my old ways.

"Maybe he was actually doing the spending for the other girl and I was taking the fvcking" I thought as I hissed loudly and walked out on him to the sitting room. Truly we ladies ain't good at bottling our emotions.

Tbc

7 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
My mind kept roaming at alot of things, the biitch's number had been switched off for over 3hours and Frank had driven out of the house without saying a word to me, not like I cared. He didn't even drop a penny for me incase I decided to go out. "Fool!!" I screamed feeling very frustrated.

I remembered I haven't heard from Esomchi, I needed to hear what she had to say and know who the liar is. "Frank had better be saying the truth" I muttered as I dialed her number. "Hello Britney what's up with you?" She started and I felt relieved she didn't start with spiting me. "Trying to be good" I replied then started almost immediately "what was that with you did at the super market today?".

I could hear her talk with a lady from the background and she was like "Bae you can't believe it when I tell you my friend is married to that loser of a man Frank". The other Lady laughed so loud and I felt Soo crushed. "Hello you are there?" I continued while trying to bury the tears that was forming in my eyes and my voice.

"Britney, I don't mean to hurt you but are you truly married to that man?" She asked again and I replied a faint "Yes" I was Soo sure I was going to end up with him after all. "Bae, you have to be careful, that man loves everything that parades in a skirt" she said rather coldly and continued "it may interest you to know that he promised me marriage and at the same time made me have countless abortions for him".

"Haaaaaa" I screamed as I let the tears flow, was that what Frank was taking so lightly about. "Thank God I survived the trauma and doing good for myself now, I really wish you well Nne but if you know una never wed hmmm you had better Lea....." "Enough Esomchi enough!" I yelled as I dropped the phone. That was just too much.

I cried my eyes out, what would have been my fate too if I happened to be pregnant for him. He despises condoms yet he can't zip up for just me. The good old days were about crumbling right under my feets, what's the point being here? Where do I go to? I thought to myself as I packed my bags.

"Would Esomchi accommodate me" I thought to myself as I wiped the tears in my face, while sitting at the bed looking at my luggages. "No" I shook my head, it would be very embarrassing. Just then, I remembered he had an elder brother who was a Priest. Yes, the best place I could seek comfort now was the house of God, I needed to go talk with his brother at St. Anthony's church. Maybe, just maybe he would talk sense into his brother and make him love me for me.

As I set out to leave, I got a call from my phone, it was the biitch number. How did she get my line? I thought to myself. Maybe a call I put through might have gone without my notice. "Hello Biitch" she started and my heart skipped, please Lord I can't stand this, I thought to myself while I listened to hear more. "You can do all you want now, there is no hidding anymore and nothing to lose, its me Lizzy"

Tbc

6 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by pweetygiftofGod(f): 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
When it comes to bottling emotions after seeing stuffs like she just did, I have PhD

You won't even know I discovered anything, and my revenge happens weeks after, i'l be doing my underground research and live my normal life with the guy until my suspicions are true and then I strike. I hate myself for that, for not letting go without revenge. God help me! embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by pweetygiftofGod(f): 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for the update wink
Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for the update mama Zizi. Well done

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by obyikye(f): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
Thanks so much for the updates, keep it coming babe.
Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
Thanks for updating
Re: Without Promises... by stephmiracle: 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nice update. Keep it coming dear
Re: Without Promises... by obyikye(f): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2018
Mama Kilode?? No updates after a week now, Just hope all is well??

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by rosalieene(f): 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
suspense filled.
please more update oo
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 7:06am On Jul 06, 2018
Hello everybody... So sorry I haven't updated in a long while. me too dey vex for myself tongue

Maybe it's writers block or probably my personal emotional and physical problems... Make I no promise wetin I no go fit do cuz I don't want to keep giving update and run series. I will be fully back next week hopefully and won't take a break till we reach the promised land kiss

Thanks you all for understanding

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 8:01am On Jul 06, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Hello everybody... So sorry I haven't updated in a long while. me too dey vex for myself tongue

Maybe it's writers block or probably my personal emotional and physical problems... Make I no promise wetin I no go fit do cuz I don't want to keep giving update and run series. I will be fully back next week hopefully and won't take a break till we reach the promised land kiss

Grab
Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 9:51am On Jul 06, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:

No qualms, we dey ur bag like school bag. Trust you're good?
Re: Without Promises... by queenitee(f): 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
It's okay ma'm

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Fighting Back! / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.