Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country (55248 Views)

Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country / Atiku Is A Case Study On Corruption In USA By Homeland Security. Pics / "I'm Not Graduating Like Melaye" Omokri Says As He Visits Harvard University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by adegeye38(m): 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
1stola:
All thanks to our leaders

Ibb
Obj
Gej
Buhari etc

Miserable people.
all thanks to 180 million Nigerian people, the leaders we get are a reflection of what our society is
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
Topmaike007:
1)he is saying the truth,because majority of what he pin point is what is happening in our society, is it the ritual killing? Or is it about someone that does manual work and want to drive buggati or is it those internet fraudster in our society today,or we the citizen that usually extort money from our fellow brethren illegally?

2)he is not doom,because the Bible says, say the truth and it shall set you free. Is people that knows the truth and refuse to say it are the people that are doomed.

3)I am well myself because I know that he is saying the truth...

Advice: pls dear don't use foul word on people, it does not speak good about you,thank you.

my dear,the citizens has. Done nothing,it was. The wrong governance of ur leaders that wrecked our country since the 2nd republic........if d country economy is good,people will not initite aall kinds of ill atitude. Get ur PVC and vote,Buhari out in 2019
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by nothernstar: 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
The major reason why Nigeria failed is cos of religious bigotry. A country where leaders focused more on religion than industry. Yet they are all thieves. Govt sponsoring religious activities. What a shame. More than 40yrs was wasted by a group who so much believe in religion than education. Indeed there was a country. In fact the failure started the day we are forced to be one. It's bound to happen. Ppl of different believe, culture, orientation etc forced to be one. For all these years, more efforts and resources were used to preach for peace and tolerance. Unless we go our separate ways, the story will never change cos nobody believe in this project called Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Topmaike007(m): 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
Lilisticlili:
my dear,the citizens has. Done nothing,it was. The wrong governance of ur leaders that wrecked our country since the 2nd republic........if d country economy is good,people will not initite aall kinds of ill atitude. Get ur PVC and vote,Buhari out in 2019
smiley now you are talking with your brain switch on not before that you switch it off grin , I will go and collect it as you instruct..

Sowore 2019
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by James4424: 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
iamJ:
nigeria is a failed country not because of our leaders, its because of us, we are all self centered lazy ungrateful, hypocrites that want free thing without working, u think that am lying?

go to aba and see fake drugs

go to lagos and see fake products

go to any business owned by a nigerian and see how he will charge u unnecessarily for no reason

we like to lie to ourselves and deceive ourselves, when ur pastor says God will visit boko haram and destroy it and u say amen, sit down and ask urself how? the same prayers up and down and ur life never improve, ask urself na?

buhari didnt lie, we are lazy

person go church and say amen to buy car and build house and the person sells onion, how na?

person carry him family do juju to get money

scams, land sales, car sales, mmm and the other ones

buhari might be blunt and harsh but in our hearts we know that what he said is true

Lol. You are being full of yourself.
All these you mention does not show laziness, though they maybe illegal but it takes hard work and practice to even be a criminal.
Your point is absolutely invalid concerning Nigerian youths being lazy

1 Like

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
excellenceetim:
NIGERIA SHOULD GET COPY OF THIS RESEARCH

The facts being outline in the research work is clear and is very deserving of Nigeria. Between 1960-1999 Nigeria has nothing to show of her oil revenue when some countries like China and India remains on growth line. Read the last few lines you observe a reverse in the statement with 'striving private sector'. The research will give overview whether Nigeria is in line or offline in growing economies or whether we are just deceiving ourselves. The indices are to look upon

Brother, thanks for your observation & incisive comments.

Standard of education has fallen seriously ever since the introduction of NECO. Anybody that has done academic research or project before will realise there is no abusive or debasing report against Nigeria in the research topic. The problem is the quality of graduates or undergraduate or the readership public making comments. The outcome of the research from from students is what is of utmost importance. There are lot of reports already on this topic.

There is a major salient topic - the Obasanjo legacy. How Obj came into power in 1999 when oil was $9 /barel, the foreign reserve was $5.5 billion with debt burden & economy in comatose. I remember in 1998 & early 1999 Tin Can port was virtually empty with most ports semi - dead. In fact, at Tincan port, people play football on empty ground, the trailer park was empty. By this time, there was a NPA staff quarters beside Nigerdock gate. More than a year into Objs government, both Apapa & Tincan ports became inadequate to handle containers, all terminals that were inactive for years became active. Trailer park & NPA housing estate were demolished for Tincan port expansion, Licenses were issued to bonded warehouse operators.

The Obj legacy report should cover various sectors. The regime negotiated debt cancellation when oil was $45/barel. The regime left approximately $45 billion in reserve.

3 Likes

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
1stola:
All thanks to our leaders

Ibb
Obj
Gej
Buhari etc

Miserable people.
and you are a saint abi. It's not your fault for looking while the ran the country into the ground
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
iamJ:
nigeria is a failed country not because of our leaders, its because of us, we are all self centered lazy ungrateful, hypocrites that want free thing without working, u think that am lying?

And you keep using

And you keep buying

go to any business owned by a nigerian and see how he will charge u unnecessarily for no reason

He put his hand in your pocket and took the money by force abi

we like to lie to ourselves and deceive ourselves, when ur pastor says God will visit boko haram and destroy it and u say amen, sit down and ask urself how? the same prayers up and down and ur life never improve, ask urself na?

person go church and say amen to buy car and build house and the person sells onion, how na?
Heinz sell tomato to billions

If e easy why you no do am

Shebi na you de find Awoof

buhari might be blunt and harsh but in our hearts we know that what he said is true
you de mind Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by zoedew: 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
Letenwam:
Nigeria has yet again been 'disgraced' internationally, following an assignment Harvard University gave to its students in which Nigeria was used as a case study of a failed African country.

The question Harvard University gave its students reads;

Africa is growing. Seven of the the ten fastest growing economies in the world are in Africa, and the continent's largest economies are becoming less dependent on extractive commodities. The continent's rising middle class has demonstrated a taste for consumer goods and technological innovation, and Africa's population-currently more than a billion people- is booming and overwhelmingly young at a time when populations in other regions are shrinking and aging.

Nigeria, sub-saharan Africa's largest economy, epitomizes both the promise and the problems the continent faces in the 21st century. The contry had failed to thrive for its first thirty years as an independent nation, despite having a developmental head start relative to countries like China and India, as well as hundreds of billions of dollars in oil revenue.. Now, after pathbreaking reforms followed by signs of retrenchment, Nigeria's new President faced both vast opportunity and grave challenges. Would the country flourish or founder in this new era? We will analyze key reforms in Nigeria's economy, significant political developments, and the choices facing the country's fast-growing private sector.

Why did Nigeria fail to thrive between 1960 and 1999, particularly relative to China and India?

How would you characterize former President Obasanjo's legacy?

Are you bullish or bearish on the next fifteen years for Nigeria? What would make you change your mind? What opportunities do you see? What are the challenges (and risks)

https://lailasnews.com/harvard-university-uses-nigeria-as-a-case-study-of-a-failed-african-country/

Lalasticlala

Only one answer = Corruption!
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
Topmaike007:
smiley now you are talking with your brain switch on not before that you switch it off grin , I will go and collect it as you instruct..

Sowore 2019
Sowore? God help him. I will fufil all righteousness by geting a pvc nd vote,but those demons can even rig the devil out of hell. The devil is even amazed at d system they use to rig and connive electionsm
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by slimdamatrix1(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
anath:
Why will dy do that, we will sue them.... this is rubbish!

Sue who? Lmao!
Stop making a fool of yourself if you can’t see reality in this.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by James4424: 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
nothernstar:
The major reason why Nigeria failed is cos of religious bigotry. A country where leaders focused more on religion than industry. Yet they are all thieves. Govt sponsoring religious activities. What a shame. More than 40yrs was wasted by a group who so much believe in religion than education. Indeed there was a country.

This is not an outstanding reason for our failure
If the leaders loved religion as much, then I believe churches and mosques will have uninterrupted power supply.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by thunderbabs: 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
Yes, Nigeria is a case in YabaLeft undecided
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Elliot2(m): 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
iamJ:

Spot on,bro!
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Topmaike007(m): 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Lilisticlili:
Sowore? God help him. I will fufil all righteousness by geting a pvc nd vote,but those demons can even rig the devil out of hell. The devil is even amazed at d system they use to rig and connive electionsm
pls vote for sowore ooo

1 Like

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by nduchucks: 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2018
DerideGull:
Even dumbass fool knows that the shithole called Nigeria is a failed state. It made the rank not because of the similar conditions of failed state but for the fact that Nigeria had enormous wealth yet failed woefully.

The above can be described as 'Lamentations of a lazy youth' who would rather yell from afar that his country of birth is a failed state, instead of admitting his own contribution to the said failure.

Martians will not fly down and build your country of birth for you. The founding fathers of the countries you admire did not build those countries from diaspora.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by brojoshua: 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
If we are engulfed in darkness in Nigeria and can't see the truth nor even know the truth about ourselves or if we will not admit the truth about ourselves, then some people will speak somewhere whether we like it or not.
Our corruption has punctured our glory in Nigeria. Truly a corrupt people is an accursed people and a corrupt country is an accursed country. We must do something about our corruption in Nigeria for almost all of us are wickedly corrupt

1 Like

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by sayisayi(m): 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
Oye0404:
Must they always use Nigeria as a bad example? We're really in a deep mess.....

Soon, dem go use our LGA... grin grin grin
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by anath(m): 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
guru90:

please, is not rubbish........

okay.... what will you say about what Our yeye president said about Nigeria Youth?

NIGERIA is a fail country!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bros this is rubbish na,we need to invite international body on this.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Rosskii: 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
bioye:
It's either everyone that has posted so far did not read the original post or most Nigerians are truly brainless. The article says though Nigeria didn't thrive for the first 30 years, it is thriving now. It went ahead to praise the path-breaking reforms of our leaders since return to democracy in 1999. Nowhere did the article say Nigeria is currently a failed state!

Honestly, my brother, something is seriously wrong with our people.

I was thinking the exact same thing as you. NOWHERE DID THE ARTICLE EVEN REMOTELY IMPLY THAT NIGERIA WAS A ''FAILED STATE''.

It was our self hating, inferiority complex filled low lifes here who call themselves Nigerians that somehow found a way to twist that article into something that casts Nigeria in the worst possible light.

Some of you ignorant fools who think Nigeria is a ''failed state'' need to really travel around and see what a ''failed state'' really looks like. Stupid imbeciles. If they send any of you LOW LIFES to an actual failed state, like Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria or Yemen, YOU WILL BEG FOR YOUR MUMMY AND DADDY TO TAKE YOU BACK TO NIGERIA IMMEDIATELY.

WORTHLESS, USELESS, SELF-HATING FOOLS.

Was that not how some of you MORONS started crossing desert into Libya, where they captured you and sold you into slavery??

I'm sure before you left Nigeria you were thinking you were passing through heaven into paradise. Since everywhere outside Nigeria - including Libya - is heaven in your dumb, illiterate mentality.

Was it not some of the Libyan returness, who came back and on national TV warned Nigerians against hating their country to the extent of wanting to leave at all costs? After his Libyan experience, where they were treated worse than dogs, he said, ''Now I know the value of the great Nigeria, my country, and my fatherland. If I had known, I would have remained home and continued in my business.''.

How I wish some of you ignorant, moronic dolts would go through his experience so you will learn to value what you have.

2 Likes

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by SirLakes: 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
jeremy042:
Truth be told this post ain't lying
like if yes n share if no
Nonsense, a lazy being looking for cheap likes

Nonsense tongue
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by kennymartinz(m): 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
Correct, there are so many case studies in the country, you only choose one out of the many topics. Do not forget that the youth are also lazy as well too.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
Letenwam:
Nigeria has yet again been 'disgraced' internationally, following an assignment Harvard University gave to its students in which Nigeria was used as a case study of a failed African country.

Africa is growing. Seven of the the ten fastest growing economies in the world are in Africa, and the continent's largest economies are becoming less dependent on extractive commodities. The continent's rising middle class has demonstrated a taste for consumer goods and technological innovation, and Africa's population-currently more than a billion people- is booming and overwhelmingly young at a time when populations in other regions are shrinking and aging.

Nigeria, sub-saharan Africa's largest economy, epitomizes both the promise and the problems the continent faces in the 21st century. The contry had failed to thrive for its first thirty years as an independent nation, despite having a developmental head start relative to countries like China and India, as well as hundreds of billions of dollars in oil revenue.. Now, after pathbreaking reforms followed by signs of retrenchment, Nigeria's new President faced both vast opportunity and grave challenges. Would the country flourish or founder in this new era? We will analyze key reforms in Nigeria's economy, significant political developments, and the choices facing the country's fast-growing private sector.

Why did Nigeria fail to thrive between 1960 and 1999, particularly relative to China and India?

Are you bullish or bearish on the next fifteen years for Nigeria? What would make you change your mind? What opportunities do you see? What are the challenges (and risks)

https://lailasnews.com/harvard-university-uses-nigeria-as-a-case-study-of-a-failed-african-country/

Lalasticlala
Op, you know what. I feel like crying right now. I have been all around the globe and seen the spate of development in those countries. At times, I would be wondering if Nigeria was in a different world. When we are supposed to be celebrating various achievements in Medicine, Science, Agriculture, Arts, etc here we are killing ourselves needlessly. Our military cannot be trusted anymore as they have taken sides with the enemies of progress in Nigeria. Our Police have all turned politicians. Today, a troop would be withdrawn from a checkpoint and tomorrow, boko haram would strike in the area and kill scores who have no sin. We are going backward everyday. Our universities, go on strike and the graduates do not have any hope of securing any job. In a family, there are 4 graduates who have never been employed since they left schools and their parents are civil servants. They still feed these children that are supposed to be paying back after they had invested the substantial part of their life earnings in their education. Our roads kill innocent Nigerians everyday because of its bad state. One billion USD was earmarked for the self-caused war in a region in Nigeria , which could have been used to create jobs, fix roads and bring a new lease of life to Nigerians. I had traveled lenght and breadth of America, both by road and by air. I had traveled all the way from the east coast to the west by the transport operated by a popular US transport firm called Greyhound. I had experienced their smooth roads built by their loyal forefathers. What do we have here? bad roads, the same railtracks constructed by the colonialists, bad infrastructure. I read comments after Buhari called Nigerian youths lazy(thoug not literally) and some gullible people were busy defending him, those who are badly affected by bad leadership. Instead of saying, we have young and energetic nigerians back home who are unemployed and willing to work , please come to Nigeria and invest... rather, he said otherwise. I really pity this country and her posterity. We keep calling God to help us whereas , God had done His part by blessing us with everything we could thrive with. At times, I feel we make God regret ever blessing us so much because we remain ungrateful to Him. There are many countries who do not have fertile land and mineral resources endowment like ours and yet, they are doing much better than. Seriously, something is wrong somewhere. The only paying job here is politics. The government has failed to create an enabling environment for young nigerians to become independent entrepreneurs but they can quickly say our youths are lazy . Ordinary electricity, our government could not fix. GE came to rescue us from perpetual blackout in Nigeria but Nigerian government gig not give them the job they bidded for rather, they shared it amongst themselves. All the DISCOS were shared amongst themselves, those corrupt leaders who do not have an idea of how electricity is being distributed. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Rosskii: 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
awelekiti:
Op, you know what. I feel like crying right now. I have been all around the globe and seen the spate of development in those countries. At times, I would be wondering if Nigeria was in a different world. When we are supposed to be celebrating various achievements in Medicine, Science, Agriculture, Arts, etc here we are killing ourselves needlessly. Our military cannot be trusted anymore as they have taken sides with the enemies of progress in Nigeria. Our Police have all turned politicians. Today, a troop would be withdrawn from a checkpoint and tomorrow, boko haram would strike in the area and kill scores who have no sin. We are going backward everyday. Our universities, go on strike and the graduates do not have any hope of securing any job. In a family, there are 4 graduates who have never been employed since they left schools and their parents are civil servants. They still feed these children that are supposed to be paying back after they had invested the substantial part of their life earnings in their education. Our roads kill innocent Nigerians everyday because of its bad state. One billion USD was earmarked for the self-caused war in a region in Nigeria , which could have been used to create jobs, fix roads and bring a new lease of life to Nigerians. I had traveled lenght and breadth of America, both by road and by air. I had traveled all the way from the east coast to the west by the transport operated by a popular US transport firm called Greyhound. I had experienced their smooth roads built by their loyal forefathers. What do we have here? bad roads, the same railtracks constructed by the colonialists, bad infrastructure. I read comments after Buhari called Nigerian youths lazy(though not literally) and some gullible people were busy defending him, those who are badly affected by bad leadership. Instead of saying, we have young and energetic nigerians back home , please come to Nigeria and invest... rather, he said otherwise. I really pity this country and her posterity. We keep calling God to help us whereas , God had done His part by blessing us with everything we could thrive with. At times, we make God regret ever blessing us so much because we remain ungrateful to Him. There are many countries who do not have fertile land and mineral resources endowment like ours and yet, they are doing much better than. Seriously, something is wrong somewhere.

You are a LIAR. You have NOT ''travelled around the globe''. You have only travelled to the developed west, which accounts for 20% of the world.

Get this. 80% of the world comprises DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. ie places like Bangladesh, Honduras, Peru, Togo, Uganda, Yemen, Bolivia, Mexico, India, Pakistan, Djibouti, Zimbabwe, Nepal, Jamaica, Haiti, Burma, and Vietnam among others. YOU KNOW, THOSE COUNTRIES NIGERIANS NEVER VISIT. Because of your colonial history, your ''abroad'' always means UK, Germany or America.

That has brainwashed you into concluding that ''everywhere else'' on earth is a paradise., ''except Nigeria''.

When you and other useless, thoughtless, dumb Nigerians FINALLY start to travel and explore the world, as informed, inquisitive people, not as colonised admirers of whitey, you will learn that MOST COUNTRIES ON EARTH have power cuts, have struggling social systems, struggling economies, poor infrastructure, corruption, etc etc, and that Nigeria is NOT unique in being a DEVELOPING COUNTRY.

For now you are a bunch of colonised, self-hating, lost people who think it is a sign of inferiority to be a developing nation.

That is why you are perennially disgruntled. You are lost to the reality of existence on this earth.

3 Likes

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Follygunners: 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Buhari has finished this country .

Very shameful.

You're part of the problem... na pple like you go dey adulate politicians and rich pple without their income source. angry
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by ozoneboy(m): 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2018
iamJ:

You are just describing your lazy family not mine

1 Like

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by kakaG: 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
Letenwam:

Lalasticlala

Chaaaaiiii
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by GavelSlam: 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
freshdude99:

What buhari said is true no doubt but my problem with his submission is that he doesn't have the moral standing to say such because as a father of the country his children specifically his son isn't working yet driving multi million naira power bike. Even wen he had accident, its still the tax The few hard working youths paid that was used to treat him abroad. So where is the"Morals" in his submission I asked?

If not for the prejudices you harbour you would have asked the simple question "what is the specification of this multi-million Naira bike"

The truth is sacred. Yet I can write anything about you knowing some people would believe it without evidence.

Na who go suffer am?

Buhari?

I pity you lot.

1 Like

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2018
Rosskii:

Yop are a LIAR. You have NOT ''travelled around the globe''. You have only travelled to the developed west. Get this. i80% of the world comprise DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. ie places like Bangladesh, Honduras, Peru, Uganda, Yemen, Bolivia, Mexico, India, Pakistan, Djibouti, Zimbabwe, Nepal, Burma, and Vietnam among others. YOU KNOW, THOSE COUNTRIES NIGERIANS NEVER VISIT. Becasue of you colonial history, your ''abroad'' means Wstern Europe or America.

That has brainwashed you into concluding that ''everywhere else'' on earth is a paradise., ''except Nigeria''.

When you and other useless Nigerians FINALLY start to travel and explore the world, as informed, inquisitive people, not as colonised admirers of whitey, you will learn that MOST COUNTRIES ON ERATH have power cuts, have struggling social systems, struggling economies, poor infrastructure etc etc, and that Nigeria is NOT unique in being a DEVELOPING COUNTRY.

For now you are a bunch of colonised, self-hating, lost people who think it is a sign of inferiority to be a developing nation.

Useless people.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion and rude comment. I would never join issues with you on that. I guess you are one of those backward-looking Nigerians. Nigeria of today should rather be competing with the likes of the Mexico and India you mentioned wrongly and out of myopic thoughts. Unfortunately, some of them have left us behind. I have been to most of the countries too including the so-called western countries . I have been to India severally, Nepal( in fact have visited the palace of the royal family that was killed in one day in that country), Peru, Mexico, Brazil, including singapore who rose from nothing to become a country to be reckoned with, thanks to Lee Kuan Yew....or are you also telling me iraq is a western country mr know all? It's easier to launch an attack by people like you instead of pondering on the issues bordering on national relevance and do the needful. Is Dubai in UAE also a western colony mr Man? What of Palestine where my friend Imad Melhem hails from? Pakistan was recently invited by Buhari to help train in some areas...what a pity! I have been to Abudabad in pakistan and I challenge you visit there and come back to spew your bunkum and sheer ignorance again. Our muslims are in no way close to them when it comes to practicing Islam. I remember the former Yobe State Governor, Alhaji Bukar Abba now senator, who said in the name of sharia to stone a poor girl to death when he was governor. The same man was caught flirting in a hotel with some girls , the video of which went viral. He simply said he's entitled to his privacy when approached by the media. In those countries I mentioned, he would have been long forgotten by now, somebody who is still living large. As long as people like you refuse to be liberated in Nigeria, we will only find ourselves in same place. Brazil, India, Korea were behind us in development before. If you were born in the 70s, you would probably have grown to see some indians who were employed as teachers by our government in secondary schools. Our currency ranked among the best globally but what do we have now...where is our Nigeria Airways. Qatar is not a western country but they have one of the best airports in the world with hundreds of aircraft in their fleet. Go to Dubai in UAE and see modern infrastructure in place and how things work smoothly. These were the countries who could not near us in the 70s. Malaysia and Indonesia are a good example...or are they also western countries? One of them came to learn about palm oil in Nigeria but now , has become the world leader in palm oil producer...which school did you attend my friend?I urge you go back and learn more because your thinking is so shallow, I am sorry. Have you been to Ghana lately? I pity the way you reason upside down man. Have you ever heard of BRICS( Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa)? Are they western countries? Go to those places and you have a change of your crude orientation. The less said, the better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Tejiriseth(m): 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
I fully agree with you on this one.
iamJ:

iamJ:

iamJ:

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Elaric(m): 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
If you don't value your stuff, pls don't expect others to value it for you...

1 Like

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by hotspec(m): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
iamJ:

Guy, small small now. D kind finishing wey u come kuku give us Don make Buhari a learner. grin Truth is always bitter anyway. Dt MMM own self na another thing on its own. I have friends who stopped working as if MMM is a forever thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi Rebuffed Governor Makinde’s Offer For Help / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today / Wadume: APC Gave Me N13m For 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.