Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country (55249 Views)

Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country / Atiku Is A Case Study On Corruption In USA By Homeland Security. Pics / "I'm Not Graduating Like Melaye" Omokri Says As He Visits Harvard University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by 7lives: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
superemmy:

Part of the problem lies with people like this fellow
YINMU
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Xander85: 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
CSTR1003:

If I tell you what is on my mind I will get banned.

They ask your president a simple question of how should Nigeria be helped.

Your president then abandon the question and went around to demarket what should be the strongest selling point of the country.
What else is buhari doing in London? Is he marketing our world class power , infrastructure, tourism ,or what?
What else does Nigeria have as its advantage if not the enormous youths that buhari has just rubbished.

Your president is without doubt the worse leader in the world.

Don't mind the guy.

What he mentioned are just symptoms of the problem and not the problem itself. The main problem of Nigeria is and always has been the core muslim north that don't want the status-quo changed because it would mean the end to their leeching and hegemony. Buhari is their current point-man, and he's doing exactly what they want. Him blaming everyone else but himself and his northern brothers is just a convenient way of deflecting the blame on someone else.

All other problems in Nigeria today are as a consequence of this main problem (the Hausa/Fulani hegemony). We can pretend all we like, but this is the painful truth!
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by toolovely(m): 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
iamJ:
nigeria is a failed country not because of our leaders, its because of us, we are all self centered lazy ungrateful, hypocrites that want free thing without working, u think that am lying?

go to aba and see fake drugs

go to lagos and see fake products

go to any business owned by a nigerian and see how he will charge u unnecessarily for no reason

we like to lie to ourselves and deceive ourselves, when ur pastor says God will visit boko haram and destroy it and u say amen, sit down and ask urself how? the same prayers up and down and ur life never improve, ask urself na?

buhari didnt lie, we are lazy

person go church and say amen to buy car and build house and the person sells onion, how na?

person carry him family do juju to get money

scams, land sales, car sales, mmm and the other ones

buhari might be blunt and harsh but in our hearts we know that what he said is true

And you think you made sense in that you wrote there?
If the leaders had put a working institution, would those fake products you mentioned be? It's the citizens that makes economic policies for the country? The same problem we face was same India, China and the rest had, but their leader had policies that changed their countries for good.
How much have been invested in the power sector between 1999 till date? Do you still hear Americans using road construction or rehabilitation as a political tool? Do you see police officers taking bribes on a broad daylight and nothing is done about it?
The leadership failed woefully
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by demitola(m): 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pepsi101:

Are you trying to make a conversation or you don't know the meaning of his choice of words about Nigerian youths?
You know i asked coz im sure you arent a lazy person. You are educated and you dont sit back at home waiting for any goddamn govt to provide your daily needs. So i think you arent in the class he was referring to.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Annie939(f): 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
Tunks2017:

IBB, GEJ, PMB & the Commitee of vultures in Abuja angry
you garrit
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
Rosskii:

Those represent the MAJORITY nations on earth. They are DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. That is what you term them. You claim to have gone to school yet you and your ilk still reason like illiterates. You are not supposed to look down on those countries. You are supposed to learn from them, because similar issues affecting them affect your country.

What is in Mexico and India? There are parts of those two countries that they will take you to and you will wonder if you are in the 21st century or the 12th. India has millions of dirt poor people, mass illiteracy, and is struggling with power cuts, poor public services, corruption, and social ills like terrorism, rap.e, and is in fact known as the ra.pe capital of the world. Mexico is a crime haven filled with drug dens and drug lords, and massive corruption. Of course, like everywhere else, they have their good sides, their nice neighbourhoods, and growing industries. But why overlook their ills and overblow their achievements? And then you overblow Nigeria's ills, and downplay her achievements. Question is, why do you hate yourself and your country?

You have NOT been to ''most of the countries'' on earth, so stop lying.

Where and where did you go to in India? Did you visit the hinterland, the rural areas, or the poorer states like Jakharnd and Manipur, and Chattisgaar? How long were you there?

If India is such a great place, why is America, England etc filled with Indians, even more so than Africans?

Why does research show that India is POORER THAN AFRICA?

http://www.primepost.in/more-poor-in-india-than-africa/

You are talking RUBBISH, and this symbolises your wretched level of self hatred and inferiority complex. Iraq by all indices and measurements is a a DISASTER ZONE, A WARTORN NATION with malnutrition, broken infrastructure and services, bombed out buildings everywhere you look, and widespread terrorism. YET to you it is a place to be admired, while Nigeria is a place to be condemned. Why don't you go and live in Iraq, so we can know that it is Eldorado? Is it only to type rubbish on nairaland?

USE YOUR BRAIN FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE. UAE has a population under 8 million, and yet its oil and gas reserves are 4 times that of Nigeria, and she exports three times more oil than Nigeria per annum. WHY OH WHY would UAE, Kuwait etc not be places where everyone is materially content? Nigeria has 200 million people, and you are expecting Nigeria to be like UAE and Kuwait, or Qatar? Tiny nations with massive oil and gas resources? I mean, what was the point of your education if you still reason like a dunce? Nigeria's path forward is through diversification, not dependence on oil and gas.

Pakistan suffers from daily power cuts:

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/pakistan/pm-abbasi-convenes-special-meeting-as-karachis-power-crisis-deepens/

Pakistan suffers from infrastructural deficiencies, mass poverty, corruption, illiteracy, and terrorism.

That you went to Pakistan and 'enjoyed' yourself is as irrelevant as somebody coming to Nigeria and stopping over in Abuja, then Victoria Island Lagos, before departing with praise and loud admiration for how 'advanced and developed' Nigeria is.

Stop mentioning the few Asian tigers. They were heavily supported by the west in the post WW2 era, with transfer of technology, finance, and the opening of western markets to their manufactured goods. The west did this in order to checkmate the advance of communism in the Asia-Pacific. Without that western intervention, places like Malaysia would be no different from Burma or Cambodia. Are those not their neighbours and brothers?

Where and where did you go in Ghana? Did you enter their villages and small towns, where power is non existent, and schools are run down?. Every Nigerian fool goes and spends two nights in Accra, and suddenly Ghana is Japan. Dude, GHANA is a developing country like Nigeria. There is nothing in Ghana by way of development that you will not find ten times more of in Nigeria. And there is no form of underdevelopment in Nigeria that you will not find in Ghana.
Mr. Know all, I hope you're watching Prof Moghalu , one of the presidential aspirants after sowore had spoken on channels TV right now. He's the former CBN Deputy governor. He said and I quote'' Nigeria is the poorest majority in the world and today, Nigeria has overtaken India in terms of poverty'' Since comparing countries in terms of population relative to development, as you mentioned UAE as low in population, failing to pinpoint their per capita income, professor Moghalu said India's population is 6 times that of Nigeria yet, they have less number of poor people compared to what is obtainable in Nigeria. When I mentioned India as more developed than Nigeria and among the BRICS in my earlier posts, what did you do to justify your claims? You only hit me back with your rude and senseless epistle. These are the people who understand us better as a nation. I had said I won't reply you anymore though. Just wanted to stress how backward thinking you are.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by googi: 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2018
Another informative thread.

Nigeria is far from where it should be considering it's high take off after Independence and regional competition in education, industrial and housing estates.

Not to mention hope as a regional power. But to imply or label it a failed state is like talking from the back of the head.

No need to compare Nigeria here, that has been debunked by facts already.

But instead of running it down so much that our youths are running from frying pan to fire instead of fighting back at home; is a deservice to our country and the youths fleeing.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Askali: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2018
I believe this is a mere student assignment let them answer it for their subject.
This is one of the many ways of teaching especially Political science, international relations courses among others.

A student can give convincing answer in support or against and acquire higher grade based on his presentation or eloquence.
It is insignificant to be given any earnest consideration.
And i suspect that the individual who started this topic may Just be looking for the answer from media.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by jeremy042(m): 1:56pm On May 07, 2018
what does dat do for u?set urself aside ohk.
Re: Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country by Thazard(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2020
iamJ:
nigeria is a failed country not because of our leaders, its because of us, we are all self centered lazy ungrateful, hypocrites that want free thing without working, u think that am lying?

go to aba and see fake drugs

go to lagos and see fake products

go to any business owned by a nigerian and see how he will charge u unnecessarily for no reason

we like to lie to ourselves and deceive ourselves, when ur pastor says God will visit boko haram and destroy it and u say amen, sit down and ask urself how? the same prayers up and down and ur life never improve, ask urself na?

buhari didnt lie, we are lazy

person go church and say amen to buy car and build house and the person sells onion, how na?

person carry him family do juju to get money

scams, land sales, car sales, mmm and the other ones

buhari might be blunt and harsh but in our hearts we know that what he said is true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi Rebuffed Governor Makinde’s Offer For Help / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today / Wadume: APC Gave Me N13m For 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.