Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (26274 Views)

Insurance Services: Get Your Motor Insurance/renewal Within 5mins / Contact Us For Your Motor Spare Parts Such As Toyota,nissan,honda, Etc / How Your Motor Fluids Can Get You Killed... Must Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by jacek: 6:19am On May 07, 2018
Thank you for your reply ...please how do I interpreted the VIN DETAILS from a layman's point of view ....
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by computerglobal(m): 6:29am On May 07, 2018
jacek:
Thank you for your reply ...please how do I interpreted the VIN DETAILS from a layman's point of view ....

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

Buy With Confidence

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:48am On May 07, 2018
jacek:
I think the report is self- explanatory..
Kindly see an attached report of a 2011 Hyundai sonata and tel me what you think of it...

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:14am On May 07, 2018
your inquires here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Ddoy17: 10:03am On May 07, 2018
MotorGuru:
your inquires here
Weldone Sir. Please I want to seek your recommendation as regards an SUV 7-seater (3 rows) toyota brand. My budget is 900k- 1.1m for neatly locally used. Thank you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 07, 2018
MotorGuru:

It can be done( it is possible). But ensure it is done properly and factory spec parts( compressor, evaporator, condenser etc are used, and wiring is done properly for engine to compensate for additional load.

Cons? More engine drag when ac is engaged and incresed fuel consumption. If not done properly, it can stall engine when you operate the ac

I hear some of them come with factory fitted ACs? Is this true? How durable is this car for a first car? the VW 3 I mean. Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by adejide2: 1:42pm On May 08, 2018
MotorGuru:

I would suspect the following:
1. EGR valve
2. Ignition coils, nozzles and plugs
3. MAF sensor.

I would have said scan the car but, oh well grin

the car has been scanned and found out that the injection throttle mouth is faulty. he advised me to buy complete one instead of throttle sensor. I need further advise from you sir on this. also do you know the cost of the complete throttle injector mouth for this car. waiting patiently for your reply. thanks.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:57pm On May 09, 2018
adejide2:

the car has been scanned and found out that the injection throttle mouth is faulty. he advised me to buy complete one instead of throttle sensor. I need further advise from you sir on this. also do you know the cost of the complete throttle injector mouth for this car. waiting patiently for your reply. thanks.

Unfortunately i do not.

cc. Gazzuzz
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by NeyofeedNigEnt: 6:58am On May 11, 2018
Hello Motor Guru.

Please I want to ask a quick question.... Is it advisable to remove engine thermostat in a Mercedes Benz SUV ml320 tokunbo USA spec.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:45am On May 11, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Hello Motor Guru.

Please I want to ask a quick question.... Is it advisable to remove engine thermostat in a Mercedes Benz SUV ml320 tokunbo USA spec.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

pls dont sir.. it will only lead to an early death of your engine.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by NeyofeedNigEnt: 12:32pm On May 11, 2018
MotorGuru:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

pls dont sir.. it will only lead to an early death of your engine.

Thank you so much Sir, what of the radiator fan thermostat?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by jeraw: 2:04pm On May 11, 2018
Hi,

A friend intends to get a naija used SUV (jeep) for his parents with good ground clearance, reliable, easy to maintain and availability of parts. Budget is 1-1.4million. Location is Delta State

Options suggested by a mechanic friend are
1) Volvo Xc90 (2005-2007)
2) Honda Pilot (2004-2006)
3) Ford Explorer (2004-2007)
Please feel free to add your own suggestions.

Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:08pm On May 11, 2018
jeraw:
Hi,

A friend intends to get a naija used SUV (jeep) for his parents with good ground clearance, reliable, easy to maintain and availability of parts. Budget is 1-1.4million. Location is Delta State

Options suggested by a mechanic friend are
1) Volvo Xc90 (2005-2007)
2) Honda Pilot (2004-2006)
3) Ford Explorer (2004-2007)
Please feel free to add your own suggestions.

Thanks
I see your friend is lookig for a large sized suv.
I would choose in the following order:
1. Honda Pilot
2. Volvo Xc90.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Ddoy17: 9:50pm On May 11, 2018
Ddoy17:

Weldone Sir. Please I want to seek your recommendation as regards an SUV 7-seater (3 rows) toyota brand. My budget is 900k- 1.1m for neatly locally used. Thank you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by jacek: 12:12pm On May 12, 2018
Hella bro
Pls kindly give me ur opinion on Honda pilot 2008,as i intend purchasing one,thanks in anticipation of ur replies .
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:41pm On May 12, 2018
jacek:
Hella bro
Pls kindly give me ur opinion on Honda pilot 2008,as i intend purchasing one,thanks in anticipation of ur replies .

very good SUV. Most gremlins fixed by this year. Better looking than the pre-facelift models(2003-05) but be ready to spend more at the pump. Also ensure fluids are as per Honda specifications.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by jeraw: 11:52am On May 14, 2018
MotorGuru:

I see your friend is lookig for a large sized suv.
I would choose in the following order:
1. Honda Pilot
2. Volvo Xc90.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have heard that Honda V6 engines and transmission (on the Pilot for example) are not too reliable and very expensive to replace. so kindly enlighten me on why you picked the Honda Pilot above the Volvo xc90. Also would you consider a Niaja used Mercedes Benz ML350 2003-2005 model a good option?
I was hoping you would also come up with suggestions of your own based on your professional experience.
Thanks for your help.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by J0hnTrevolt(m): 12:01pm On May 14, 2018
@MotorGuru plz help me check if this cars mpg is OK.
From reserve tank at 0 mile. Fuel of 2k(13 litres) was added and from 0 mile it now reads 51 miles.
Car is a 3.0 v6 avalon.
Does it mean car only does 51 miles with 13 litres.
Is the mpg OK?
Drive is without AC
Tnx
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 14, 2018
Dear Motorguru

I just bought a Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2003, I noticed that when I'm driving, I hear a tick-tock sound(like when you turn the indicator light on but in this case, the indicator is not on). The tick-tock sound makes the light on Drive gear on the dashboard, the lights for time and temprature and the lights on the AC console to flicker intermittently. What could be the possible cause?

Plus, what oils do I need to change on the vehicle as a new owner?

Thank you Sire.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:29pm On May 16, 2018
J0hnTrevolt:
@MotorGuru plz help me check if this cars mpg is OK.
From reserve tank at 0 mile. Fuel of 2k(13 litres) was added and from 0 mile it now reads 51 miles.
Car is a 3.0 v6 avalon.
Does it mean car only does 51 miles with 13 litres.
Is the mpg OK?
Drive is without AC
Tnx

51 Miles on 13 litres gives 14.85 miles per gallon.

I want to believe that this is city movement. Well although it is well below the standard (18 mpg city for your car) and ac was not used, i think your car might need a tuneup. have your car been scanned to ensure your oxygen sensors are working? when last did you change your air filter? what is the mileage of your car? has the spark pluges ever been changed to OEM recommended? how about tire pressure?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:33pm On May 16, 2018
tolusan:
Dear Motorguru

I just bought a Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2003, I noticed that when I'm driving, I hear a tick-tock sound(like when you turn the indicator light on but in this case, the indicator is not on). The tick-tock sound makes the light on Drive gear on the dashboard, the lights for time and temprature and the lights on the AC console to flicker intermittently. What could be the possible cause?

Plus, what oils do I need to change on the vehicle as a new owner?

Thank you Sire.

You may need to resolve some electrical issues on your car.

as per the oil, find out what the previus owner was using. if he used, the recommended oil weight( 5w30) then you can continue using that. if not, then use 20w 50.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:35pm On May 16, 2018
jeraw:

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have heard that Honda V6 engines and transmission (on the Pilot for example) are not too reliable and very expensive to replace. so kindly enlighten me on why you picked the Honda Pilot above the Volvo xc90. Also would you consider a Niaja used Mercedes Benz ML350 2003-2005 model a good option?
I was hoping you would also come up with suggestions of your own based on your professional experience.
Thanks for your help.

An alternative would be the 2003-08 Toyota 4 runner.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Samony: 2:52pm On May 16, 2018
Well-done Motor Guru..

Please there is something I started noticing in my car. Sometimes when i engage my gear, especially on reverse, the car won't move. then if I throttle slowly, it still don't move until after some seconds before it picks. I took it to my mechanic, he change the gear oil and wash the filter. after a while it started again. pls what could be the problem?

thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:03pm On May 16, 2018
Samony:
Well-done Motor Guru..

Please there is something I started noticing in my car. Sometimes when i engage my gear, especially on reverse, the car won't move. then if I throttle slowly, it still don't move until after some seconds before it picks. I took it to my mechanic, he change the gear oil and wash the filter. after a while it started again. pls what could be the problem?

thanks
Pls which are are you talking about sir?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by PearlHarbour: 7:30pm On May 16, 2018
MotorGuru:

Thank you sir for your kind words.

First question do you know the history of the vehicle ? Have you performed a Vin check to be sure the car was not flooded at at time?
This issue goes beyond just plugging a scanner to the OBD port and reading codes. There needs to be more in depth analysis and diagnosis of the the powertrain control system. For example, the fuel trim needs to be checked to ensure that the car is not running too rich or too lean ( fuel trim should not be more than +- 10% by my standards.
Have you checked the fuel filter( the one inside the car tank) if it is clogged, it can give similar issues. How about your air filter? The condition of the spark plugs? Are you sure there is no vacuum leak? In short have you performed a tune up since you have bought the car?

Have you checked the condition of your gear oil?( your gear is equipped with a dipstick). If it is burnt, it can also give similar symptoms. Your gear oil should be replaced with geniune Honda Genuine DW1
Finally try and locate a reputable mechanic for your car. In you are in Lagos you can check out the moniker Gazzuzz.

Thanks My Guru,
i will look for the Monkey Gazzer you advice me to see.
much respect.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2018
PearlHarbour:

Thanks My Guru,
i will look for the Monkey Gazzer you advice me to see.
much respect.

bia nwokem you have to be kiaful

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Samony: 7:33am On May 17, 2018
MotorGuru:

Pls which are are you talking about sir?

Ok sir. It is 2003 Toyota corolla
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:50am On May 17, 2018
Samony:

Ok sir. It is 2003 Toyota corolla

Change oil again. But this time replace the oil filter with a new one.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Samony: 8:53am On May 17, 2018
MotorGuru:

Change oil again. But this time replace the oil filter with a new one.

Tanx so much. God bless u
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:09am On May 17, 2018
Samony:

Tanx so much. God bless u
Thank you sir
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 5:12pm On May 17, 2018
here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

2012 Mercedez Benz F700 / I Need A Full Option! 2006 Toyota Camry or 2005 Toyota Avalon / Get Your Cars From Cotonou Port With Ease: Low Milage ,clean And Good Price !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.