Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Autos (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (26288 Views)

Insurance Services: Get Your Motor Insurance/renewal Within 5mins / Contact Us For Your Motor Spare Parts Such As Toyota,nissan,honda, Etc / How Your Motor Fluids Can Get You Killed... Must Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2018
b0y:
Good day,

What could cause a car to intermittently engage (sort of) the brakes on its own will on low/moderately high speed? I use an acura tsx and ive practically checked everything with a mechanic to no avail.

When you mean brake do you mean with the engine still running or does the engine shut off when this happens? Or do you mean the brakes(ABS) kicking in own its own?
You may need to clarify sir.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by b0y(m): 6:07am On Dec 24, 2018
MotorGuru:

When you mean brake do you mean with the engine still running or does the engine shut off when this happens? Or do you mean the brakes(ABS) kicking in own its own?
You may need to clarify sir.

Thanks sir, I meant the latter - ABS kicking in on its own. It will occur whenever I'm in motion at any speed.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:14am On Dec 24, 2018
b0y:

Thanks sir, I meant the latter - ABS kicking in on its own. It will occur whenever I'm in motion at any speed.
Kindly check if the ABS sensors are all installed properly. Did you do any work on your hubs recently ? Or better still look for anyone that has a scanner that can scan ABS systems and post codes here.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by b0y(m): 6:18am On Dec 24, 2018
MotorGuru:

Kindly check if the ABS sensors are all installed properly. Did you do any work on your hubs recently ? Or better still look for anyone that has a scanner that can scan ABS systems and post codes here.

Okay sir. Thanks for this and I will surely get back to you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:34am On Dec 24, 2018
b0y:

Okay sir. Thanks for this and I will surely get back to you.

The pleasure is all mine.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:34am On Dec 24, 2018
here for your concerns!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2018
your inquiries
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2018
Here for you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2018
Your inquires
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
Unbiased reviews
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:44am On Dec 25, 2018
Merry christmas!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2018
Your inquires here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2018
Available for you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2018
MotorGuru:
Available for you
sir, please what is your take on the rav4(08) MODEL in tearms of fuel economy, ruggedness on the road and general usage . I just sold my camry muscle and this is my next choice of car.

Or would you advise a better option to the rav4?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 12:22am On Dec 26, 2018
ilobasama:
sir, please what is your take on the rav4(08) MODEL in tearms of fuel economy, ruggedness on the road and general usage . I just sold my camry muscle and this is my next choice of car.

Or would you advise a better option to the rav4?

Thanks for your response sir.

The 2008 Toyota Rav4 is pretty reliable, coming in 2 variants: a 2gr-fe v6 engine and 2Az-fe 4 cylinder engine. If going for the 4 cylinder, you need to be wary of the problem of excessive oil consumption in higher mileage ones. The v6 ones are very reliable.
Weak suspension is another weak point on the vehicle . Another concern might be the AC compressor failing ( variable displacement compressor fitted to the 4 cylinder variants) at higher mileages.

Notable good alternatives are:
2008 Honda crv
2008 Mitsubishi outlander. (V6 version)
2008 ford escape( not too sure of this one)
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 26, 2018
Many thanks sir. When you say higher milage, can you quote some numbers?? Do you mean 150k and above or??
MotorGuru:

Thanks for your response sir.

The 2008 Toyota Rav4 is pretty reliable, coming in 2 variants: a 2gr-fe v6 engine and 2Az-fe 4 cylinder engine. If going for the 4 cylinder, you need to be wary of the problem of excessive oil consumption in higher mileage ones. The v6 ones are very reliable.
Weak suspension is another weak point on the vehicle . Another concern might be the AC compressor failing ( variable displacement compressor fitted to the 4 cylinder variants) at higher mileages.

Notable good alternatives are:
2008 Honda crv
2008 Mitsubishi outlander. (V6 version)
2008 ford escape( not too sure of this one)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by JhaayYoung: 6:55am On Dec 26, 2018
Good morning sir,
What is your thought about buying the Toyota Matrix 03-07 as per maintenance and car security in comparison with the corolla, what year or variant would you recommend or should be avoided?
Thanks!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:55am On Dec 26, 2018
JhaayYoung:
Good morning sir,
What is your thought about buying the Toyota Matrix 03-07 as per maintenance and car security in comparison with the corolla, what year or variant would you recommend or should be avoided?
Thanks!
The matrix shares similar components and chasis with the corolla. Maintenance is basically the same, mechanically.
Security? Well it is a Toyota, it is hotcake so, you understand grin
The basic advantage the matrix has over the corrola is the boot capacity since it has a lift back instead of the traditional boot.
Also, some come in 4wd variants and higher ground clearance.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2018
ilobasama:
Many thanks sir. When you say higher milage, can you quote some numbers?? Do you mean 150k and above or??

For the 4cyl variants the issue of oil consumption was recorded as early as 70 thousand miles. If you are buying Toks, your best best is a detailed Vin report that may reveal the history of the vehicle
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 26, 2018
MotorGuru:

For the 4cyl variants the issue of oil consumption was recorded as early as 70 thousand miles. If you are buying Toks, your best best is a detailed Vin report that may reveal the history of the vehicle
thanks alot.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by JhaayYoung: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2018
MotorGuru:

The matrix shares similar components and chasis with the corolla. Maintenance is basically the same, mechanically.
Security? Well it is a Toyota, it is hotcake so, you understand grin
The basic advantage the matrix has over the corrola is the boot capacity since it has a lift back instead of the traditional boot.
Also, some come in 4wd variants and higher ground clearance.

Thanks for the response. I was told the matrix security system isn’t as porous as the corolla (Brainbox theft and complete theft) then I was told the Canadian 4wd isn’t advisable, more like some trims are less prone to defect than the others . I just want to gather all the information I can before taking the decision .
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
JhaayYoung:

Thanks for the response. I was told the matrix security system isn’t as porous as the corolla (Brainbox theft and complete theft) then I was told the Canadian 4wd isn’t advisable, more like some trims are less prone to defect than the others . I just want to gather all the information I can before taking the decision .

The security system you get in the matrix is not too different from what you have in the Corolla. It is just that the Corrolla is more popular, hence susceptible to theft more.
The 4wd is more complicated than the 2wd ( obviously) hence a little more expensive to run and maintain.
Good luck with your purchase sir.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:54am On Dec 27, 2018
your inquires pls
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2018
here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Available for you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:40am On Dec 28, 2018
your best reviews
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by seanfer(m): 10:20am On Dec 28, 2018
Motorguru... Please I’m planing to get Honda Accord 2005/2007 Nigerian Used... But I have read and see so many Honda’s with leg pull Issue... Please what can one do to avoid the embarrassment of leg pull... Which one will you recommend in terms of Engine, Durability, maintenance and security...
Your response would be of great help...
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2018
seanfer:
Motorguru... Please I’m planing to get Honda Accord 2005/2007 Nigerian Used... But I have read and see so many Honda’s with leg pull Issue... Please what can one do to avoid the embarrassment of leg pull... Which one will you recommend in terms of Engine, Durability, maintenance and security...
Your response would be of great help...

The 7th generation accord is a very good and reliable ride. However, addressing your concerns (which by the way is quite common), it is good to ALWAYS use genuine parts (the ball joint) when replacing. This can give you years of trouble free driving.

A dead giveaway(in most cases) to predict the ball joint failure is a creaking sound (like a door having rusted hinges) whenever you turn your steering left or right. Once this is observed, replace immediately! With genuine parts of course.

I will seriously recommend the 2006-07 models of this generation and not the early models (2003-04), due to the risk of having engines with excessive oil consumption(4 cylinder) and gearbox failures(v6 models).
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by double3(m): 2:06am On Dec 29, 2018
Please does ur services include vehicle inspection??
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2018
double3:
Please does ur services include vehicle inspection??

At the moment no sir.
But we can recommend you to reputable monikers here on Nairaland upon request.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by double3(m): 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2018
MotorGuru:

At the moment no sir.
But we can recommend you to reputable monikers here on Nairaland upon request.
Please do;That would be nice
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

2012 Mercedez Benz F700 / I Need A Full Option! 2006 Toyota Camry or 2005 Toyota Avalon / Get Your Cars From Cotonou Port With Ease: Low Milage ,clean And Good Price !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.