Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (26280 Views)

Insurance Services: Get Your Motor Insurance/renewal Within 5mins / Contact Us For Your Motor Spare Parts Such As Toyota,nissan,honda, Etc / How Your Motor Fluids Can Get You Killed... Must Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 5:03pm On May 18, 2018
available
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by amosfunmi(m): 5:47pm On May 18, 2018
My Camry 2000. Is misbehaving;
I observe the car is hesitating, most especially between 1500 - 2000 RPM.
I have done some few time up hoping to get improvement. I have replaced the following;
1. The spark plugs
2. Change oil and filter( it's due for change)
3. Fuel pump(I bought new one but from testimony I got to know that the tokunbo does better. Though I do not have tools to check pressure to ascertain the new I bought)
4. Have also cleaned the injector nozzles.

What could be wrong and what else can I do to get a better result?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by sylvesu: 8:51pm On May 18, 2018
MotorGuru:

For the gear: what kind of ATF are you using? It must be Toyota Type T-IV I would really doubt the brainbox issue affecting the gear.( This is a 2004 model, so should not have the legendary ECU problem) What should have been done is an ECU reset.

So, are you saying the ECU swap solved the Gear engagement problem and caused another (ac operation)?

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes toyota atf was used. the ecu actually did but the a/c stopped cooling as it was not compatible with the original temostart. temostart was worked up and it started cooling. by the way original ecu still in my custody. tried to reset it but didn't work.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:58am On May 19, 2018
amosfunmi:
My Camry 2000. Is misbehaving;
I observe the car is hesitating, most especially between 1500 - 2000 RPM.
I have done some few time up hoping to get improvement. I have replaced the following;
1. The spark plugs
2. Change oil and filter( it's due for change)
3. Fuel pump(I bought new one but from testimony I got to know that the tokunbo does better. Though I do not have tools to check pressure to ascertain the new I bought)
4. Have also cleaned the injector nozzles.

What could be wrong and what else can I do to get a better result?

I believe your car is OBD 2 compliant. please scan the car and provide trouble codes..

Did you also replace the fuel filter ( the one at the engine bay)?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by BeardedTraveler: 6:44pm On May 19, 2018
Hello sir, what's your advice for someone intending to buy Nissan Altima 1997
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by SteveUg(m): 7:49pm On May 19, 2018
Good evening to u motto guru; a Toyota Siena 2000 or so not to sure on the year of manufacture, suddenly started misbehaving.. I started d car one morning like dat n it worked fine, I parked it and went out . few hours later I can back started d car and d following issues started.
1: The car sounds like crap, the sound was so bad as if dia was leakages on the exhaust, if u attempt raising car rpm u would hear dix kinda sound ( putupuutuupoooom pooom !!!!!!!)
2: once I switch d car dix kinda sound I hear both on idle and wen I depress the gas pedal, I then opened the hood and noticed that dia is a continuously clicking sound from d injectors. I checked the fuses and relays okay, I went ahead and disconnected all the injectors supply feed on the injector connector still yet the injector still keeps clicking even without a getting 12v
3: I checked for a short to ground and , and also tested each injector wt a digital multimeter all seem to have same range of resistance and I back probed it to check for 12v which I got on my DM
3: before this happened the car normally communicate wt my obd scanner but since the problem came up d car hasn't been able to communicate it keeps say obd communication error, verify if key is on n bla bla.
4: called and rewire and he said it was a brainbox issue...
Motor guru and gazzuzz help on dix matter biko nu I just tire
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by amosfunmi(m): 2:36am On May 21, 2018
MotorGuru:

I believe your car is OBD 2 compliant. please scan the car and provide trouble codes..

Did you also replace the fuel filter ( the one at the engine bay)?
I have scan there was no code at all.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:19am On May 21, 2018
SteveUg:
Good evening to u motto guru; a Toyota Siena 2000 or so not to sure on the year of manufacture, suddenly started misbehaving.. I started d car one morning like dat n it worked fine, I parked it and went out . few hours later I can back started d car and d following issues started.
1: The car sounds like crap, the sound was so bad as if dia was leakages on the exhaust, if u attempt raising car rpm u would hear dix kinda sound ( putupuutuupoooom pooom !!!!!!!)
2: once I switch d car dix kinda sound I hear both on idle and wen I depress the gas pedal, I then opened the hood and noticed that dia is a continuously clicking sound from d injectors. I checked the fuses and relays okay, I went ahead and disconnected all the injectors supply feed on the injector connector still yet the injector still keeps clicking even without a getting 12v
3: I checked for a short to ground and , and also tested each injector wt a digital multimeter all seem to have same range of resistance and I back probed it to check for 12v which I got on my DM
3: before this happened the car normally communicate wt my obd scanner but since the problem came up d car hasn't been able to communicate it keeps say obd communication error, verify if key is on n bla bla.
4: called and rewire and he said it was a brainbox issue...
Motor guru and gazzuzz help on dix matter biko nu I just tire

grin

I admire your troubleshooting skills.

A wiring issue is what you have here.Please recheck all wire grounds and check that all wires and connectors are ok. Not an easy task
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 5:48pm On May 21, 2018
amosfunmi:

I have scan there was no code at all.
Have you replaced the fuel filter i earlier described?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by SteveUg(m): 9:16pm On May 21, 2018
MotorGuru:

grin

I admire your troubleshooting skills.

A wiring issue is what you have here.Please recheck all wire grounds and check that all wires and connectors are ok. Not an easy task
Choiiii guru dat na big wrk walai. grin.. I will give it a try by weekend
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:51am On May 22, 2018
yes
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:05am On May 23, 2018
here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by alienvirus: 6:21am On May 24, 2018
Good day Motorguru. What do I need to change in my toyota avalon 2001 Tokunbo. I am aware of the first service. What about the belts, oils etc. How important is to change the timing belt. I inquired from my mechanic (kazeem), he mentioned that it's not necessary to make those changes yet. But I am not convinced. He also said Tokunbo timing belt is better that new one. What are your thoughts and cost implications.

Thanks.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:49am On May 24, 2018
alienvirus:
Good day Motorguru. What do I need to change in my toyota avalon 2001 Tokunbo. I am aware of the first service. What about the belts, oils etc. How important is to change the timing belt. I inquired from my mechanic (kazeem), he mentioned that it's not necessary to make those changes yet. But I am not convinced. He also said Tokunbo timing belt is better that new one. What are your thoughts and cost implications.

Thanks.
Any service history? did you see any stamp on the timing belt cover indicating if the belt was ever changed? Typically these belts should be changed every 60000 miles. and if you do not have any info on the belt change, i would strongly suggest that you change them using ONLY GENUINE timing belt kit, which should come with the timing belt, and tensioner. it may not be a bad idea to change the waterpump too. Kindly contact Gazzuzz on this forum if you are in Lagos for these items or how to get them.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by alienvirus: 12:13pm On May 24, 2018
MotorGuru:

Any service history? did you see any stamp on the timing belt cover indicating if the belt was ever changed? Typically these belts should be changed every 60000 miles. and if you do not have any info on the belt change, i would strongly suggest that you change them using ONLY GENUINE timing belt kit, which should come with the timing belt, and tensioner. it may not be a bad idea to change the waterpump too. Kindly contact Gazzuzz on this forum if you are in Lagos for these items or how to get them.

Thanks. I don't have the service history. Unfortunately, gazzuzz doesn't support this car. Now at a cross road.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 5:24pm On May 24, 2018
your questions here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by nams77: 10:06pm On May 25, 2018
MotorGuru:
your questions here
Good evening boss. What's your take on Peugeot 406? What are the issues to look out for? I kind of believe that the c class w202 is more rugged but I'm captivated by the sleek shape of the 406.
Kindly give honest reviews of both cars. Which will you prefer
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 9:27am On May 26, 2018
MotorGuru:
your questions here
Good morning Sir. What do you think is the average distance a Toyota Camry 2003 should reasonably/ideally cover on a full tank, considering traffic in Lagos using AC all through.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by amosfunmi(m): 5:23pm On May 26, 2018
MotorGuru:

Done that no significant difference. What else can I do pls
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by omoidunnu: 5:41pm On May 26, 2018
[sup][/sup]

What's your take on purchasing a 2007 Infiniti G35? In terms of durability and maintenance?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kakakibuy(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2018
omoidunnu:
[sup][/sup]

What's your take on purchasing a 2007 Infiniti G35? In terms of durability and maintenance?

If you get the green light on the G35, this one here is available in 15 days. You can contact me
https://www.copart.com/lot/34101328

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:52pm On May 28, 2018
nams77:

Good evening boss. What's your take on Peugeot 406? What are the issues to look out for? I kind of believe that the c class w202 is more rugged but I'm captivated by the sleek shape of the 406.
Kindly give honest reviews of both cars. Which will you prefer

Peugeot 406. Nice car with impressive handling... I used to dream having one years ago.
The car is not for the faint hearted when u are to consider its complex electrics.
For me i would rather go for the w202 c class.... a far better engineered vehicle (particularly the faclifted ones)
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:18pm On May 28, 2018
tolusan:

Good morning Sir. What do you think is the average distance a Toyota Camry 2003 should reasonably/ideally cover on a full tank, considering traffic in Lagos using AC all through.

Actually this depends on a lot of factors...Condition of your engine and transmission, quality of fuel, tire pressure, using ac, intercity or highway speeds... but i think some where between 18-22 mpg should be expected.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:44pm On May 30, 2018
here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 6:29am On May 31, 2018
here!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2018
cheesy
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:29pm On Jun 04, 2018
here
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by amosfunmi(m): 3:22am On Jun 08, 2018
MotorGuru:

I changed the filter no difference and the hesitation is more now.
I have to re scan and it's now showing a code P0120. TPS. I have test and confirm it's bad.
Do I just buy another one to replace the bad one, it's programming required after changing it or not. Thanking You in anticipation.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 08, 2018
MotorGuru:
here!
how reliable is mazda 6 2003 model? I want to buy Nigeria used but its very neat
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:18am On Jun 08, 2018
iAudio:
how reliable is mazda 6 2003 model? I want to buy Nigeria used but its very neat
Not a bad car. Terrible turning radius. very good engine. transmission? well regular fluid changes will help.

But for a Nigerian used one you need to be very careful. get a professional tech to assost in the process. This will save you heartbreak in the long run.If you are in lagos you can contact Gazzuzz on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 08, 2018
MotorGuru:

Not a bad car. Terrible turning radius. very good engine. transmission? well regular fluid changes will help.

But for a Nigerian used one you need to be very careful. get a professional tech to assost in the process. This will save you heartbreak in the long run.If you are in lagos you can contact Gazzuzz on this forum.
thanks a lot
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

2012 Mercedez Benz F700 / I Need A Full Option! 2006 Toyota Camry or 2005 Toyota Avalon / Get Your Cars From Cotonou Port With Ease: Low Milage ,clean And Good Price !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.