Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband (1555 Views)

My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. / How Do U Handle A Disrespectful Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
Being in love shouldn’t stop you from being rational.

In the spirit of rationality, look out that you don’t end up with a disrespectful husband. Many others have been blinded by love to marry someone who does not respect their values or appreciate them as an individual.
These signs should be deal-breakers.

1. He neither listens nor talks to you
If he doesn’t have the patience to listen to you rant about mundane things that bother you or would rather ‘lock up’ than share his day/major projects he is embarking on then you should beware.

2. He relegates to you to a cook and cleaner
If he always assumes that when you are in his house, you should get set to work without even helping out then he might have a warped idea of what marriage is.

3. He demands sex
A man who places sex above a strong, deep relationship with you won’t see you as good for anything than sex. This is why you shouldn’t be intimate until you have your foundation right.

4. He puts you down
It may come in offhand comments or ‘jokes’ but if you feel sore afterward (and he does not even notice that) then he is disrespectful. Also, if he does not compliment you or make you feel worthless without him, aunty get out of there!

5. He does not support your dreams
If he ridicules them or finds a way to make you put them off for him or some silly reasons then he is not rooting for you.

6. He hits you
It is unfortunate that I even have to mention this but some men hit you and make it seem like it is okay. Listen, it is never okay, so please, leave while you still can.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by Holymann(m): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
How does demanding for sex translate into being disrespectful

I finally got my FTC sha
Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
as much as you made a lot of sense, the below issues are funny, to say the least...

MetalJigsaw:

3. He demands sex
A man who places sex above a strong, deep relationship with you won’t see you as good for anything than sex. This is why you shouldn’t be intimate until you have your foundation right.

having a sexual connection, and being sexually compatible is part of ANY strong foundation in relationship.... if you dont have that then you certainly CANNOT have any future together. sexual compatibility is as important as character and physical attraction. men and women dont view sex the same way, the minute you understand that, is the minute you will have a chance to understand men/

If he ridicules them or finds a way to make you put them off for him or some silly reasons then he is not rooting for you.

not ALL dreams should be supported, as people should instead be realistic. if a woman wants to be pilot while she doesnt even know how to drive a bike, let alone a car, then sit her down and make her understand that she is indeed "dreaming"...same as all the deluded woman who want to open a business yet have no fukcing clue what it takes to manage and run a succesful biz. let her focus on priorities of life.

when men hear some of these dreams, they should just say "ok whatever" and basta, and certainly NOT support them if they are silly. instead you should be HONEST to that woman by telling her the truth about her foolish "dream"...or sit her down and have her explain how she intend to achieve such dream (and let her bring some concrete valid points to the table before supporting her)
Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by Mandrake007(m): 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
No husband is disrespectful it's simply alpha characteristics it shouldn't be misinterpreted as disrespectful,it all depends on the woman who must be submissive to her husband without any indiscretions.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by prechbills1(m): 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Being in love shouldn’t stop you from being rational.

In the spirit of rationality, look out that you don’t end up with a disrespectful husband. Many others have been blinded by love to marry someone who does not respect their values or appreciate them as an individual.
These signs should be deal-breakers.

1. He neither listens nor talks to you
If he doesn’t have the patience to listen to you rant about mundane things that bother you or would rather ‘lock up’ than share his day/major projects he is embarking on then you should beware.

2. He relegates to you to a cook and cleaner
If he always assumes that when you are in his house, you should get set to work without even helping out then he might have a warped idea of what marriage is.

3. He demands sex

4. He puts you down
It may come in offhand comments or ‘jokes’ but if you feel sore afterward (and he does not even notice that) then he is disrespectful. Also, if he does not compliment you or make you feel worthless without him, aunty get out of there!

6. He hits you
It is unfortunate that I even have to mention this but some men hit you and make it seem like it is okay. Listen, it is never okay, so please, leave while you still can.

A lady who places money above a strong, deep relationship with you won’t see you as good for anything than money. This is why you shouldn’t be giving any lady your money until you have your foundation right.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by ImaIma1(f): 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
Mandrake007:
No husband is disrespectful it's simply alpha characteristics it shouldn't be misinterpreted as disrespectful,it all depends on the woman who must be submissive to her husband without any indiscretions.

So you mean the woman should not mind being seen as a cook, cleaner or not being listened to. Her dreams should take a back seat too? All in the name of submission.

It actually does not work that way especially because the woman doesn't just come into the man's house as a sex doll or someone without a mind of her own

I don't believe submission means that she should totally lose herself because her man wants to be alpha.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by Mandrake007(m): 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
ImaIma1:

So you mean the woman should not mind being seen as a cook, cleaner or not being listened to. Her dreams should take a back seat too? All in the name of submission.

It actually does not work that way especially because the woman doesn't just come into the man's house as a sex doll or someone without a mind of her own

I don't believe submission means that she should totally lose herself because her man wants to be alpha.
submission doesn't exactly mean losing yourself or being a slave,that's a farfetched misconception,submission is basically about a woman knowing her place,knowing the limit she can take things and realizing her husband is in charge and if responsibilities are shared,like if the man works then the woman should take care of the domestic responsibilities you mentioned above.

The western world has tried to infiltrate the minds of people with the feminist hogwash to destroy and restructure the marriage institution with exaggerated anti-male ideologies and all that which has broken homes and led women down the wrong path.

i'll emphasize no man is disrespectful but not everyone is the same tho,but every sane husband/man wants to feel like the guardian,the leader,the alpha,wants his ego to be stroked,wants to be appreciated even for the most minute things,you know we live in a world now that places so much attention on women,leaving the men neglected,sometimes people say it's a man's world but I doubt it cos everything revolves around you women,so if submitting your life to making your husband happy you have to do it because he can give his for you,that's why he's Alpha.
Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by Opentokwowledge: 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
The rest except the last point na wash!
Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by ImaIma1(f): 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
Mandrake007:
submission doesn't exactly mean losing yourself or being a slave,that's a farfetched misconception,submission is basically about a woman knowing her place,knowing the limit she can take things and realizing her husband is in charge and if responsibilities are shared,like if the man works then the woman should take care of the domestic responsibilities you mentioned above.

The western world has tried to infiltrate the minds of people with the feminist hogwash to destroy and restructure the marriage institution with exaggerated anti-male ideologies and all that which has broken homes and led women down the wrong path.

i'll emphasize no man is disrespectful but not everyone is the same tho,but every sane husband/man wants to feel like the guardian,the leader,the alpha,wants his ego to be stroked,wants to be appreciated even for the most minute things,you know we live in a world now that places so much attention on women,leaving the men neglected,sometimes people say it's a man's world but I doubt it cos everything revolves around you women,so if submitting your life to making your husband happy you have to do it because he can give his for you,that's why he's Alpha.

Don't you think the western world is also infiltrating the minds of people with this alpha male nonsense making men believe they are always right.

How can you say that no man is disrespectful. A man that hits his wife is disrespectful. A man who is not sensitive to his wife's feelings is disrespectful. A man that speaks in an insulting way to his wife is disrespectful.

Everyone always emphasizes the need for men to be respected. But we fail to also realize that women also need to be respected and not taken for granted.

I believe in doing to others what you can also accept from them. I do not believe in one party being art a disadvantaged position.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by Mandrake007(m): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2018
ImaIma1:

Don't you think the western world is also infiltrating the minds of people with this alpha male nonsense making men believe they are always right.

How can you say that no man is disrespectful. A man that hits his wife is disrespectful. A man who is not sensitive to his wife's feelings is disrespectful. A man that speaks in an insulting way to his wife is disrespectful.

Everyone always emphasizes the need for men to be respected. But we fail to also realize that women also need to be respected and not taken for granted.

I believe in doing to others what you can also accept from them. I do not believe in one party being art a disadvantaged position.
Alpha wasn't invented by the western world,its been there since the onset,being alpha doesn't mean the disrespectful misgonyst,female oppressor the feminazis try to portray us as,the alpha is a leader,fearless,stouthearted,he's also a brother,a father,a son,an uncle.

i'll stick to my opinion,the men are neglected,everything always promotes the women from mainstream media to festive periods even relationships are all about what you do for a woman to impress her etc. we work our asses of most of the time to carter for responsibilities reason why our life expectancy ratio is low,when you mix all that stress,hardwork,brainstorming to provide it results to long term health problems.

I'll still say every woman must submit herself fully cos in the long run if there's anyone that's disadvantaged it is the man,cos we literally give up our lives for our wives and our families,we must get that respect we deserve,our fathers,brothers,uncles need love too.
Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by ImaIma1(f): 9:43am On Apr 24, 2018
Mandrake007:
Alpha wasn't invented by the western world,its been there since the onset,being alpha doesn't mean the disrespectful misgonyst,female oppressor the feminazis try to portray us as,the alpha is a leader,fearless,stouthearted,he's also a brother,a father,a son,an uncle.

i'll stick to my opinion,the men are neglected,everything always promotes the women from mainstream media to festive periods even relationships are all about what you do for a woman to impress her etc. we work our asses of most of the time to carter for responsibilities reason why our life expectancy ratio is low,when you mix all that stress,hardwork,brainstorming to provide it results to long term health problems.

I'll still say every woman must submit herself fully cos in the long run if there's anyone that's disadvantaged it is the man,cos we literally give up our lives for our wives and our families,we must get that respect we deserve,our fathers,brothers,uncles need love too.

Ok.

Alpha male or feminist female...as long as they love and they have consideration for loved ones and their neighbours, then i am all for it.

But if it means playing games or a battle for supremacy of the sexes, then i will pass.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by Mandrake007(m): 11:04am On Apr 24, 2018
ImaIma1:

Ok.

Alpha male or feminist female...as long as they love and they have consideration for loved ones and their neighbours, then i am all for it.

But if it means playing games or a battle for supremacy of the sexes, then i will pass.
yeah that's exactly what the feminazis wanna turn it into,a battle of the sexes,all we need is love and not the triviality of gender supremacy tussle.cheers!

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by 912(m): 11:20am On Apr 24, 2018
Holymann:
How does demanding for sex translate into being disrespectful

I finally got my FTC sha

You shouldn't demand it. She is your partner not your servant. Be romantic and get her in the mood rather than using the archaic method of "I want to do so open ya legs"

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That He’ll Make A Disrespectful Husband by Rockyrascal(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
A man that does point six should arrest that act and learn to stop doing it.

OP @your point 3, this table you are shaking ehn cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Marriage: What Exactly Do You Stand To Gain From It? / Addressing The Issue Of Savage Responses On Nairaland. / Slay Queen Get Dragged Online For Refusing To Pay For The Clothes She Wears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.