Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? (11226 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Dear Girls, Never Miss A Boy With This 8 Following Qualities. / Toast A Girl/boy In 10 Words. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by FactorChic(f): 8:09pm On May 24, 2007
what's so special about dreads?

if its neat. then its whatever!
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by mekoyo(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2007
You mean the artificial dreads we carry about.

It's not going to be permanent so what's the stress?

what's so special about dreads?

I wonder o
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Banderas(m): 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2007
Generally, naija babes don't do guys with dreads. It's the same old story - How can I present a man with dreads to my dad?

I've got shoulder length locs. They are clean, and I get them re-twisted every month. I also wash them every blessed day. Yet, a lot of my naija friends still call me immature for having locs.

Personally, I don't give a hoot what you look like or how you wear your hair. I'm strongly attracted to women with long flowing locs.
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2007
@banderas

just had to check your profile

your dreads are nice even from the side view

now when you said they were shoulderlength do you mean 1 loc from the front is long enoguh to touch your shoulder undecided

@topic

I like dreads , i like hair for guys generally. But dreads for men look better when they are neat, clean and short

i know a number of men who after the first time of locking never touched their head again now it looks horrible, matted and stringy. Definitely not attractive
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by nuttyproff(m): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2007
wtas a gal withlocs supposed to do? shave and go bald? i dont mind so long as she's fine
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by nuttyproff(m): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2007
and yeah banderas; not bad for a guy, though i wouldnt do it myself, i'm an afro person
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Mandora(f): 10:19am On Jul 18, 2007
It's easy 2 say dat it doesn't matter but I wonder if such a person went 4 a serious job interview if he'll be refused on account of his locks. So it gets me believing dat society may not totally accept dis person as a responsible person and I wouldn'y like dat
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 18, 2007
@mandora

Not everyone is under 'formal' employment many are self employed so all this talk about interviews is being myopic

IT for instance has nothing to do with your appearance its your skill

ADVERTISING is a lucrative industry too and most likely dreads would give the impression that you're creative

MEDIA in all its facets nko dreadlocks will not prevent you from being employed

TELECOMMUNICATIONS- i know at least two girls with dreads and they work in that corporate environment and they were INTERVIEWED
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2007
I would date a girl with any sort of hair - afro, relaxed, plaited or dredlocked. I honestly can't see what difference it makes to a person. undecided
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by trendy(f): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2007
the differnnce is that those dreadlock guys look like arm robbers
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2007
trendy:

the differnnce is that those dreadlock guys look like arm robbers

Trendy, you would not believe how much that made me laugh! So funny. grin
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by moondust(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2007
wats the bigdeal? I've got dreads meself and I don't c wy I cant date someone wit dreads. its not d hair, its the person, so if u like grow dreads down ur pubics, if i like u i  like u.
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by trendy(f): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2007
so you have dread, i go see you run o!, just joking
abeg shave am, go barb am
most times when lasts (not all ) sees a guy on dread they think he is very bad
for me i wont date a guy on dread
i need my man, clean and well shaved, u get?

i have male acquittance that dread their hair
but that's how far i can go
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by trendy(f): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2007
what type of dread are we talking about anyway
if u mean those short ones that looks like rough curls i can do with that

if the thing come long like *DaDa* no be me and the guy,
he go find girl go front, or if am already dating him and he dread his hair against my will
i go give am Samson and Delilah style
i go use scissors finish am for night grin
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by joeb1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2007
Come on guys dread loc or not it is love that matters if you love a guy with dread loc why not date him stop talking like babies.it is LOVE that matters.
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by trendy(f): 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2007
joe b, how ur dreadlock now, u sound like u have got it grin

love matters, that's why i will even stress myself to talk about his hair sef
if not, wetin concern agbero with overload

Same way a guy can tell a girl to stop somethings
like my man says i should stop wearing mini skirts embarassed
cos i wear them too short embarassed
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by joshjosh(m): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2008
a carebean girl married a Ghanain freind some 10 years ago.  she had to cut the thing off because she knew the boys family  would never have allowed it.  she was supposed to grow it back after the marraige but she left it becaue it would affect the kids seeing the extended family.

the things are not cast in stones.

personally i wont date a lady with one. not even in my dreams
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by ifyalways(f): 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2008
i admire and love dreads though am not carrying one myself.
it has so many disadvantages though, esp for guys living in niaja

@ topic i can go out with a guy carrying dreads.
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by uspry1(f): 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2008
I would go for guy with clean groomed dreads like this pictures at below---HOTTEST HUNKY GUY tongue:

[img]http://hotchocolatefinder.files./2007/10/toyce.jpg[/img]

[img]http://hotchocolatefinder.files./2007/10/toyce1.jpg?w=474&h=597[/img]
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Dreloaded(f): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2008
He looks like he sucks on pipes. tongue
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by ifyalways(f): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2008
@uspry 1 nice pics.the dude sure looks great.   wink yet i wud prefer a shorter locks.
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by drealsmile(m): 1:40am On Jan 07, 2008
na me mad woman wan follow walker make ppl of nigeria come look me like mad man 2, prov that say like mad b/friend like mad g/friend
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by ifyalways(f): 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2008
drealsmile:

na me mad woman wan follow walker make people of nigeria come look me like mad man 2, prov that say like mad b/friend like mad g/friend

huh 
cudnt get a word out of the phrase/clause/soliloquy. modify it and write in simpler English.

@topic,yeah i admire neat short locks.
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by africhika(f): 3:13am On Nov 16, 2009
locks enhance some guys.

but now all these ghetto AAs are wearing locks and making it look bad
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Wrex(m): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2010
If she is neat,why not?
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Duniverse(m): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2010
drealsmile:

na me mad woman wan follow walker make ppl of nigeria come look me like mad man 2, prov that say like mad b/friend like mad g/friend

una forget the container look at the content.
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Duniverse(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2010
I dont look colours, political or where she's from. Only physical structure and character is what i put into consideration
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by Gamine(f): 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2010
So surprised i didn't comment on this thread earlier.

I love love love dreadlocks,
I know i've posted this somewhere, but i could date her.lol

[img]http://naturalbelle.tumblr.com/photo/1280/1133786227/1/tumblr_l8v09wXnUY1qd54pt[/img]

Dustin Brown too 'datable!'

[img]http://4.bp..com/_LGX-ae7EQBI/R5Ft1sFyS-I/AAAAAAAAB5k/3sI5d4nw110/s320/DustinBrownHeadShot.bmp[/img]

They can look good too  cheesy

[img]http://www.nzine.co.nz/images/articles/JBT.jpg[/img]
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by LadyLocs(f): 4:39am On Sep 24, 2010
I love my locs and have never had probs in the dating department. I don't get the 'dirty' part, locs, being natural are a wash and go affair. I'm not for fake weaves (most smell) and straightening my hair to look like,  I carry my natural mane with confidence and pride.

Am also in higher management in the corporate sector and my hair's never been a hindrance.
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by InkedNerd(f): 4:52am On Sep 24, 2010
I wouldn't mind dating a guy with locs. As a matter of fact, I've been foolin' around for some time now with a friend of mine. Every time I'm with him, I can't help but play around with his locs. He has these really beautiful brownish golden curly locs, I just love his hair so much. I can't keep my hands out of his hair when I'm with him. I love locs on a man regardless of their ethnicity.
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by bkbabe97y(m): 5:29am On Sep 24, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I wouldn't mind dating a guy with locs. As a matter of fact, I've been foolin' around with for some time now. Every time I'm with him, I can't help but play around with his locs. He has these really beautiful brownish golden curly locs, I just love his hair so much. I can't keep my hands out of his hair when I'm with him. I love locs on a man regardless of their ethnicity.

Ok. . . . I got locks too maybe u should come play with mines too!

Ok, I lied I aint got locks. . . . but still. . . . .!
Re: Would You Date a Girl/Boy With Dreadlocked Hair? by bkbabe97y(m): 5:35am On Sep 24, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

st G** / Why Do Ladies Go Without Panties: ? / Can I Sleep On The Same Bed With My Wife's Sister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.