Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (996513 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by youngRx(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2018
Ethelia:
Unto Him who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ever dream or wish to ask for!! To Him alone be ALL the praise!!!

My people it is PPR!!!!

I'm coming back to give my detailed application story and testimony but I just had to share this first grin grin grin

when i saw the moniker, i just had to leave whatever it was i was doin to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS.
This news has been much awaited.

cheesycheesycheesy.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Threemg: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Part 5 ke? Our NOC queen must share her PPR testimony in part 4. Go and relax.

No mind him. @Newmum0615, @Happytbaby, @Osaze007 gan and few silent readers still dey to announce theirs for this part he dey shout Part 5. Kiaful o, Bebetolicious sombori grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Aig842: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2018
Another one!! Congratulations
Adlib007:
Big praise to God!!!

Got PPR today

ITA: April 24
AOR: May 4
MEP/IP1: May 11
IP2: June 29
PPR: July 4

I'm the accompanying spouse and our application was pretty straightforward, so we didn't have too many LOEs.

80% of our POF was in Tbills in my name while the rest was in my husband's.

While I didn't need to ask questions, this forum has proved super helpful and I'm grateful for everyone who has taken their time and energy to give of themselves for free.

I wish everyone favour in this journey!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fuzzyman(f): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2018
CIC should do another mass movement to IP2 abeg .
grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by opella(f): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2018
congratulations to all PPR receivers. I pray my own application will be short when I receive ITA. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 11:30am On Jul 04, 2018
exquisef:
Good day every one
Hes suggesting we go ahead without him which would put my scores at 448 or thereabout as if he passes we can only get around 442 which i think is still good enough. Has any one successfully filed for a spouse with PR and it didn't take more than a year? as hes currently even busy in naijja to relocate. sorry for the long post i wanted to be as detailed as i can.

442 is currently okay in my opinion. However it's an internal decision between you two on whether to relocate without him (and sponsor him later). You might want to ask your question about spouse sponsorship on the 'living in canada' thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 04, 2018
exquisef:
Good day every one

Congrats! I will advise that your spouse should retake his IELTS test. The sponsorship route (unaccompanying spouse option) should be the last resort. You can read the following posts.

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/308#68507700

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/309#68508093

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/308#68508147

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 04, 2018
Tojued:

442 is currently okay in my opinion. However it's an internal decision between you two on whether to relocate without him (and sponsor him later). You might want to ask your question about spouse sponsorship on the 'living in canada' thread.
If the husband can't get a lot from his next IELTS test, she should apply unaccompanying. That is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ploff: 11:41am On Jul 04, 2018
Wow wow wow. This kind of news dey sweet person for belle sha. It gives those of us that are still waiting massive hope. Congrats to ethelia, adib007 and Qsola.

Go and prosper.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2018
Congratulations to all those that got PPR, I tap into your joy.

For those asking questions, there's nothing bad in anyone re-directing you to page 0 or read up because, it will be of immense benefit for you. All gurus in the house, lets politely help them in our lil capacity and direct them to page 0 and re-emphasize the need for them to read up.

Lastly, for some of us lurking around 430 and below; while we are praying for back2back2back draws, we should try out other options of increasing our current score if there's still chance...….the draws might not come very low like that of last year because the pool size has doubled and new applicant are coming in with high score. God will help us to get to the glorious destiny place.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2018
It's Elfmanisback o, I have been saying it since, I find it difficult to believe that learning French can be that easy. Anyway, maybe I do not have an ear for languages.

Fuzzyman:

I have been learning French seriously for 2 years now, I can converse with native French speakers and I still don't think I can ace TEF.

All this storyland storyland tales by moonlight posts on this forum ehn.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:43am On Jul 04, 2018
Compu001:
When I saw the pages to catch up with, I was like what happened. But to my surprise, three PPR. Congratulations to Ethelia, QSola and[b] Adlib007[/b]. Newmum, I am waiting to celebrate with you oooo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by skylar2020(f): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2018
Ethelia:

No I did not. He only signed it. I drafted it in a semi-formal manner and not as a deed of gift (thats why I titled it Declaration of gift wink )

Okay.
Ermmmmmm
I'll pm you oo. So you can go through the one I did. Pleaseeeeeeeeee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2018
Elfmannisback:

If the husband can't get a lot from his next IELTS test, she should apply unaccompanying. That is the truth.

It's a bit subjective due to sentimental considerations. Some folks would rather spend 2 years hustling PNP with spouse (or stay together in Nigeria with them) than relocate alone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Eklektoss(f): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2018
I already shared sis, thanks for everything- you are a good soul,you will go far in life.All the best as you move onto the next phase.
Ethelia:

Thanks a lot sis!! Soon we will rejoice when you share your good news!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2018
Fuzzyman:

I have been learning French seriously for 2 years now, I can converse with native French speakers and I still don't think I can ace TEF.

You won't know till you write it smiley. you just may surprise yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2018
Tojued:

It's a bit subjective due to sentimental considerations. Some folks would rather spend 2 years hustling PNP with spouse (or stay together in Nigeria with them) than relocate alone.
Let them decide then.. Especially staying together in 9ja.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ninichinny: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2018
Congratulations Ethelia
Ethelia:
Hmn, where do I even begin from! Initially my husband and I were considering going the Australia route but a friend encouraged us to go with Canada. We were not sure about who would be the PA (I’m younger but only wanted to use NYSC, while he could claim 2 years) so we decided to both take IELTS and let British council decide….

IELTS: Wrote Ielts in December and ont the day it was to be released both our results were withheld for quality checks! After almost 3 weeks the results were released. I became the PA (9,8.5,8,7.5 in LRSW). His was not as good but it was good enough to contribute some points. We studied using Cambridge, Ielts Liz and the free Road to Ielts materials. Advice: Preparation is key!!

ECA: This to me was a no brainer. Since there was a probability I would be the PA I quietly used IQAS while he used MCC. I have previously detailed my experience with both so wont repeat it. Advice: Start this as soon as possible, it can take a lot of time

Work Experience: I used my NYSC experience. I had a 3month extension during my service and was also retained for about 4 months thereafter. I submitted the work reference letter in strict CIC format, Pay slips, resignation letter, my previous business card and the business card of the Managing partner who signed. Advice: Get Your letter as soon as possible. This is because you cannot predict what will happen. I had a lot of back and forth with my former company regarding some of the wordings. Better to know if they will even agree to give the letter in the first place.

POF: 100% from my husband. I submitted my bank reference letters, exchange rate from xe.com and bank statements (which clearly showed the deposit from his account). I also included a declaration of gift from my husband. It’s worth mentioning that we had submitted his work reference letter and additional documents (we already had them, so why not?)

PCC: Inspector Moshood to the rescue grin grin

LOE: I put myself in the place of the Visa officer and tried to explain everything he might have questions about, such as why I wasn’t using my more recent work experience (I just told them it would be hard to get the reference letter and I highlighted the fact that the minimum requirement is 1 year which I have already fulfilled), why I have a different passport number from the one I got ITA with, my Bar Certificate, Schedule A, Travel History Form, my visa refusals, etc. I made it factual and straight to the point.

AOR: March 7

Med Passed: March 14

Ip1: March 15

Ordered 1st GCMS notes: 9th May

Ordered 2nd GCMS Notes: 28th June

Ip2: 1st July (when I noticed)

PPR: Today grin grin

In summary, preparation is key. God cannot bless what you haven't put effort into. Read, read and then research some more. No one can package your application better than yourself. Do NOT cut corners! It will come back to bite. Do all you can and leave the rest to God. I'll give some more info if anyone asks and when I remember grin grin

Thank you all so so much. This show of love is too much cry cry cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 11:52am On Jul 04, 2018
youngRx:

when i saw the moniker, i just had to leave whatever it was i was doin to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS.
This news has been much awaited.

cheesycheesycheesy.

Thank you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by VFUSION: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2018
Congratulations to all ppr recipients oooo! Una tory don ginger/encourage us....May God grant us all our hearts desires....Amen..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2018
ArabianRose:
Its Testimony time!
UPGRADE!!!!!! W went from 6.5 to 7, new score is 8.5, 8, 7, 8.5 for LRWS respectively, isn't God good?? after 3 tests and 2 remarks!

Help me thank God, its as if i just crossed the red sea! shocked

Congratulations dear, you've crossed the IELTS hurdle
Best wishes ahead.
May ITA fall on you in the next draw.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by exquisef: 11:54am On Jul 04, 2018
O whoa we have same results with idp i just posted mine congrats to you

ArabianRose:
Its Testimony time!

So i remarked my BC results, circled W and S, results came in around first week in June, too 10 weeks exactly, S got increased but not W, i felt so bad but at least i got my 15k back. I became confused and felt i was running in circles, i didn't want to write again, the emotional and psychological effect was hitting me big time, spoke to Newmum(you already know how i feel about you), she asked me to write again, she was even willing to proof read my writing (sweet soul), no one was optimistic about remarking IDP, given their track record, even though i maxed out the other modules (talk about CLB10 grin).
However, I made up my mind i wasn't going to write this exam again, and this was my response to everyone that asked. Secretly, i applied for MOD IDP remark! I couldn't tell a soul (not even @Stillz that was checking on me everyday), was just hoping on God, i really felt i deserved more than i got in W. I followed up with IDP Australia, the remark was done in 2 weeks and on 2/7/18 i got my result, and guess what? UPGRADE!!!!!! W went from 6.5 to 7, new score is 8.5, 8, 7, 8.5 for LRWS respectively, isn't God good?? after 3 tests and 2 remarks!

Help me thank God, its as if i just crossed the red sea! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 11:54am On Jul 04, 2018
Eklektoss:
I already shared sis, thanks for everything- you are a good soul,you will go far in life.All the best as you move onto the next phase.

cheesy cheesy PPR not let me see road clear grin grin

Well good news will not finish in your life! so there will always be something to rejoice with you over grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2018
skylar2020:

Okay.
Ermmmmmm
I'll pm you oo. So you can go through the one I did. Pleaseeeeeeeeee

Lol, no wahala smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2018
Ethelia:

Lol, no wahala smiley

Ethelia we suppose throw party real life grin

This celebration don pass cyber-party

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2018
reavealhidden:
I can't even stop laughing amidst everything ..Finally got my EOR feedback from BC this morning after 8 weeks...My writing remained unchanged but speaking changed from 7 to 8.
Everything is going to be fine I believe!.
PPR go come @ last no matter what!

Congratulations! So sorry the writing wasn't upgraded
But, You really jumped in the S grin
It will be end in praise las las
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Claire40: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2018
it is doable oh, maybe not in 6 months but definitely in one year especially if it is intensive study......
Fuzzyman:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by exquisef: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2018
Yeah thats the plan hes registering for 11 aug mod if he cant do better weve agreed for him to stay off for now while i go with our daughter. thank you

Elfmannisback:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2018
luffyhaki:

Ethelia we suppose throw party real life grin

grin grin We will do the parry in Canada by God's Grace grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by exquisef: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2018
Thank you.. congrats all PPR clinchers

GlitteringStar:

Congrats! I will advise that your spouse should retake his IELTS test. The sponsorship route (unaccompanying spouse option) should be the last resort. You can read the following posts.

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/308#68507700

https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/309#68508093

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/308#68508147

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
Wow! Hope rejuvenation right here. How I wish my spouse and I can sit for IELTS today, get outstanding results tomorrow..lolz, join the pool and get ITA next week grin

Ah han! @ethelia, @adlib007, @Qsola, @Arabianrose et al. announcing one level of progress in this journey. Congrats to you all. May the rest of the journey be smooth.

@Qsola: God compensated your faithfulness to Him with a short timeline. Great decision there.
I have been presented with that option a thousand times but I'd always decline. angry embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2018
A step-by-step look at Biometrics. from CIC

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.