Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (998832 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bizguru000: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
wisdom77:
Hello Seniors,
Can one used and expired passport to write IELTS since the new one isn't ready?

Bros, your moniker Na wisdom Na..

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by deTimo: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
[quote author=christokers post=69197533] pls how do ijoin the group, we are in Abuja ,I won't be able to do the program since its in lagos , but I can get my wife to relocate to lagos and stay with her sister provided the programme won't last for more Dan six months as long as one is sure the program will receive a positive evaluation from wes quote]

http://hrdc.unilag.edu.ng/progcontent.php?programmeID=35

https:///7tDZa1iyfItFQLrymAeQpe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by safex(m): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
henryuzor:

Guys how about ICAN...does it get good evaluation from WES
Not sure. It's usually evaluated as 'not equivalent to a Canadian degree'. But if you have ATS, it's better.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by aworldcitizen: 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
That's me! I have been so happy since last week. I feel it. I claim it! My PPR is here. Thank you Lord!

smslive2:
Somebody will get his/her ppr in the new week... I dont know who it is yet but if you believe its your turn... Claim it now!

Another Nairalander will get a massive good news regarding this Canada movement within 3 days from now... If you are expentatnt, put on your dancing shoes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
exquisef:
like i said waka pass is an option to my question if u can't help you're stating the obvious and I already know that.. if I found it on naira land I won't bother asking the one located was for SWOP you don't have to respond abeg cc justwise or any one else really is there any thread specific for pr spouse sponsorship pls lead me there..

https://www.nairaland.com/2271485/canada-spouse-open-work-permit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
Buahahahahaha
bizguru000:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mosbiod(m): 9:28pm On Jul 08, 2018

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
safex:

Not sure. It's usually evaluated as 'not equivalent to a Canadian degree'. But if you have ATS, it's better.
Sb here said his ATS was ignored!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by skylar2020(f): 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
bizguru000:

shocked grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wisdom77: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
Bros, if you are as smart as you think you are, you will understand that passport booklet has been scarce. I am asking anyone that has this experience if you don't just move along.

bizguru000:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2018
extraterestrial:
hey teecann..finally submitted on Thursday...AOR came in yesterday..now on the queue of PPR hopefuls...it must end in praises lol...how is yours going?

Nice one....delaying medicals till next week. Every other thing is set. Will be submitting a day after medicals.

It will end in praise IJN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2018
mosbiod:
Update, I've spoken to CIC and they have extended the passport submission by another 1 month.

Nice! Congrats.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by efueh: 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2018
wisdom77:

Bros, if you are as smart as you think you are, you will understand that passport booklet has been scarce. I am asking anyone that has this experience if you don't just move along.

Instead of casting aspersions on him, rather route your question to the organizers of IELTS here in Nigeria; BC or MOD. As they are in better position to give you the correct response you need. 2-5mins call to them tomorrow will do it for you.
Enjoy.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ademo1: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
o2:
while there is another thread on PNP let me justsay having a family outside Winnipeg gives u 50 extra marks but 572 is a very good mark. I an sure you will be given LAA soon. I got nominated with 565 and my family was in Winnipeg so it does not reduce your chances since you have already clinched a high mark already. That being said start getting your docs ready.

Thank you bro. Congrats on ur LAA.

Are you in Winnipeg now or in the process? but whichever way, I will need ur advice as time goes on. Please, reply my question. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by deTimo: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
babs4090:
How can I be part of the group? I have also been looking out for the shortest possible programme that can help max our CRS.

http://hrdc.unilag.edu.ng/progcontent.php?programmeID=35

https:///7tDZa1iyfItFQLrymAeQpe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wisdom77: 10:46pm On Jul 08, 2018
I am casting aspersions on him, people should learn to genuinely help others even if you feel the question might be irrelevant to you, nobody is an island.

Thanks for you suggestion I will do just that.

efueh:

Instead of casting aspersions on him, rather route your question to the organizers of IELTS here in Nigeria; BC or MOD. As they are in better position to give you the correct response you need. 2-5mins call to them tomorrow will do it for you.
Enjoy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Compu001: 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
Like seriously you are always on point. Besides they can try Cima

Elfmannisback:

No clue.. All don cast.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sunvick(m): 11:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
Mr wisdom.... You wants used expired passport.
During yourbielts registration, it mentioned "valid ID". So expired one is invalid

wisdom77:
I am casting aspersions on him, people should learn to genuinely help others even if you feel the question might be irrelevant to you, nobody is an island.

Thanks for you suggestion I will do just that.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Eddy4400: 12:44am On Jul 09, 2018
aTo the best of my knowledge, if it's 1. After graduation
2. You are paid for the trainee job
3. It must not be less than 30 hours a week.

So see if you meet the conditions.

I'm in the same boat, my head aches from reading over 200 pages at a go. Pls anyone at all with info shd give me hope @justwise @glitteringstar @newmum @canadianfly Thanks

I have 3+ years work experience as a Graduate Trainee (GT) with a break after the first 18 months during which I resigned to pursue my Masters Degree. Both GT positions (before and after Masters) are in the same company and same NOC. I'm currently on the 2nd GT now which is full time paid job/40hours per week (same with the first).

1st question - does this qualify as permanent work experience since both GT offer letter specify that the role is for 2years? Current GT offer expires next year

2nd question - If i decide to use only my payslip in addition to reference letter as proof of employment for 2nd GT, will the "Graduate Trainee" on my payslips imply the role is not permanent, hence ADR?

My projected score is 481 but this is holding me back from kick-starting the EE process.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Dappydappa(m): 1:43am On Jul 09, 2018
@ Love2burn, I am really sorry for not responding early enough. If you are still having difficulties with ielts-mentor, follow the following steps;
1. Log on to the website (ielts-mentor.com)
2. Click of listening sample
3. Go to the bottom of the page and select any sample that you may want to practice with
4. Allow the page to boot completely
5. Immediately where you find the instruction "Listening Sample", click on the play icon (YouTube play icon).

No vex biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Dappydappa(m): 1:45am On Jul 09, 2018
@ Love2born, I am really sorry for not responding early enough. If you are still having difficulties with ielts-mentor, follow the following steps;
1. Log on to the website (ielts-mentor.com)
2. Click of listening sample
3. Go to the bottom of the page and select any sample that you may want to practice with
4. Allow the page to boot completely
5. Immediately where you find the instruction "Listening Sample", click on the play icon (YouTube play icon).

No vex biko

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by safex(m): 1:48am On Jul 09, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Sb here said his ATS was ignored!
Meaning what? Don't conclude yet!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 2:49am On Jul 09, 2018
wisdom77:
Hello Seniors,
Can one used and expired passport to write IELTS since the new one isn't ready?
No an expired passport is invalid and you will not be allowed to sit the test. I did passport for my son in May in Oshogbo and got it the next day. So you might consider other centres apart from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fidelism: 3:15am On Jul 09, 2018
Eddy4400:
aTo the best of my knowledge, if it's 1. After graduation
2. You are paid for the trainee job
3. It must not be less than 30 hours a week.

So see if you meet the conditions.

I'm in the same boat, my head aches from reading over 200 pages at a go. Pls anyone at all with info shd give me hope @justwise @glitteringstar @newmum @canadianfly Thanks

I have 3+ years work experience as a Graduate Trainee (GT) with a break after the first 18 months during which I resigned to pursue my Masters Degree. Both GT positions (before and after Masters) are in the same company and same NOC. I'm currently on the 2nd GT now which is full time paid job/40hours per week (same with the first).

1st question - does this qualify as permanent work experience since both GT offer letter specify that the role is for 2years? Current GT offer expires next year

2nd question - If i decide to use only my payslip in addition to reference letter as proof of employment for 2nd GT, will the "Graduate Trainee" on my payslips imply the role is not permanent, hence ADR?

My projected score is 481 but this is holding me back from kick-starting the EE process.

Don't worry yourself too much, nysc of one year is still considered valid. People have use 6 months experience here in addition to a job of over 1 year. GT doesn't have anything to do with non permanence.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by MeemLowlah: 3:24am On Jul 09, 2018
i already live in Canada and i work part-time in school. I obviously have means of upkeep and never needed to keep 12k in my account. i just decided to give the express entry a try and i got invited. (i used my experience from Nigeria). that is why i mentioned borrowing the funds and returning it.

salford1:

Whatever you decide eventually, please and please land with the required fund stated or at least you have access to such funds. Forget about the "proof" for a minute and think about why cic really stated you must have the funds. You actually need that money as a buffer to survive your 1st to 6th month in Canada atleast till you stabilize. It's an expensive country, so you cannot wing it. If you try to wing it, you might suffer alot and regret coming to Canada. We have seen it happen on the "Living in Canada" sister thread.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by titiclassy: 3:31am On Jul 09, 2018
Tojued:

Deskwork, seated all day... Get home put feet up... Get served with largest portion and biggest meat...

And the "go-and-meet-ur-mim syndrome" can be so annoying.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by titiclassy: 3:40am On Jul 09, 2018
My dear e- family, kindly advise.
Can I enter pool with my current passport carrying my maiden name and about to expire but submit eAPR with a new passport this one will reflect my new name.
I just dont want to miss next ITA because of passport delay.
Must I continue Application with the same passport I use in profile creation.
Hubby feels its better to creat profile with new name rather than raising CSE later
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 4:11am On Jul 09, 2018
Dear all, as I start my Canada PR journey I like to ask one final question...
I am married with 2 kids (boy:4rs and girl:1yr),my wife has a job in an oil firm with good salary and very promising prospects, I am a chartered accountant and work with an audit firm (salary not too OK, hence the Canada PR decision)
The question now is can I do the PR process for the whole family, but I will immigrate alone...we can all go for the first time so we can all get the PR card, then my wife and kids will come back and be coming for visits from time to time
NB
I plan for us to have our 3rd child born in Canada in 2 or 3 yrs time by God's grace

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by phtomay(m): 5:19am On Jul 09, 2018
Yes to all your questions, we sent documents as requested on their website. Thank you.
IFEAGO:

Hello, I didn't use PEBC though. Did she notarise a copy of her int'l passport she sent? And did she send a notarized copy of marriage certificate and evidence of name change? If she didn't, I guess that's why they are asking for birth certificate (this is usually requested for to confirm previous name if name change documents are not sent). Let her notarise the birth certificate issued by a LG and send to them. See screenshot from PEBC website. Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.