Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (136538 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
2prexios:

This further proves that you are not Yoruba. However you want to hide by bringing me to insulting you.

I have left that level of conversation. It's should be your strength for lack of home training. Nkiise omo irankiran. Baaba ka eru, inu eru a baje.

Who cares where you learn methodology from fella? Use the process to solve problem, nna. If you like, learn it from Cambridge, better insight await man from least expected people and places than what you know. grin grin

I've told you before that your education made you push value around rather than create value. We're not talking about process, but application of process for results. Leave the hide and seek game unless you can't.

I've told you to tell us what you mean by Green Sahara, you are no longer talking about that. So kiddish. Soon you bring that up again as though it's something. I don't blame you, I get your time na im cos.

This doesn't interpret the antique word "Eletu Iwase" or "nigba Iwase". Does it? We are tired of your grammar, exploit methodology and let's see how you use the process on the simple historical words.

That it's costing you this stress implies that you have no idea. Tell us something. Talk is cheap.

Bro, I am Yoruba. Bomode o batan, onilati ba arobba. Aroba ni baba itan. Omode gbon Agba gbon lafi dale'fe Ife. Owo Omode ko to pepe, tagbalagba o wo keregbe.

Elders in Yoruba are people who want to know why an oriki of the great ooni would say omo agbegbede Oyinbo, or that of Eletu Iwase, omo oyinbo f'oju orun s'ona. Olu will equally want to know.

It's not my first encounter with such either, I also have mine that says "mogbo ayato, omo oyinbo aise, omo afija sinu pete erin..." from my maternal grandmother.

Although she's Wae Agonnenu like my paternal grandfather. Her mom was the Scion of Agoro, resident in idojigan quarter of Ado. I dwell on this for a purpose.

At age 9, my family were preparing for "agogbo" meaning great burial feast. I was sick and laying beside my grandma. She was speaking about her mom and said if she knew how to write, she would have written about her mom.

It's at this conversation it occurred to me that people wrote books, I said in my mind, "when I grow up, I will write my book" So, I'm not seeking relevance here, I'm just on my path to greatness.

So, what is constant here is the "Oyinbo" and it's no crime in finding out for more. You have no such experience as mine, I understand your concern, you are a necessary obstacle to become a stepping stone.

You are not capable of thinking out of the box. This imaginary authorities have cowered your ability to be free and formulate your thoughts based on what you can see through tradition.

You can read up on the philosopher called Baruch Espinoza, he was the first to introduce historico-criticism of the Bible. He was excommunicated from the synagogue, but he was fulfilled by the simplicity of his works.

Espinosa teaches that God is not the master puppeteer, but that he lives in us to make the choices we make. We are thus a passing in the rains of time, doing what is in our mature to do.

You are doing what is in your nature to do, being a stumbling block. I am doing what is in my nature to do, using you as a stepping stone. So, we are here helping each other to be fulfilled.

If so, have you found the Niger Congo to be a historical fact that had evolved to become a better fact? When was that discovery? According to Goethe, "a man who cannot draw from 3,000 years is living from hands to mouth."

Okay, so the discovery that came after the observation of the similarities in Sanscrit and European languages explain the origin of Yoruba. An hypothetical classification of language in the same family for linguistic identify became our antiquity.

You are not sick.

Use the same words and their true meaning to burst my ruse. If I say ijebu is double for Jebusite or Jebus as you have it in the Bible, you use the true meaning of Ijebu to expose me.

Just as I am after Hebrew, you are not. "For the product of an action to be in equilibrium, there must be equal and opposite reactions." Says Sir Isaac Newton.

You are equally sick from the opposite direction.

undecided

When you are tired of seeking relevance you will go and seek mental treatment.
You have not yet found what you want from life, this history thing is not your thing at all
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
kayfra:

Egypt o gbe pali ni grin

kíákíá lo fẹ́ gbé Egypt sọnù
Ẹrin fẹ́ẹ́ pa mi grin grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2020
macof:

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
macof:

When you are tired of seeking relevance you will go and seek mental treatment.
You have not yet found what you want from life, this history thing is not your thing at all

Of course, that's the line you draw when overwhelmed. My point is established, you will always run from pillar to post.

Just think the thought, let me deal with it.

When you are tired, you will go back to where you truly belong. As often as you imagine, as often as I will provide you with better understanding.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
2prexios:

Of course, that's the line you draw when overwhelmed. My point is established, you will always run from pillar to post.

Just think the thought, let me deal with it.

When you are tired, you will go back to where you truly belong. As often as you imagine, as often as I will provide you with better understanding.
LOL. Of course overwhelmed with irrelevant nonsense and whining. I'm not interested in your personal philosophy and life's dream and experiences

Please, I'm waiting for the day you will final provide better understanding and not word play
Because so far... All na wash
All this Odiyan na Odion people sef grin grin grin
You are a fraud that's all anyway
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2020
macof:

LOL. Of course overwhelmed with irrelevant nonsense and whining. I'm not interested in your personal philosophy and life's dream and experiences

Please, I'm waiting for the day you will final provide better understanding and not word play
Because so far... All na wash
You are a fraud that's all anyway

What else should I expect you to say?

Already the Niger Congo linguistics is your history, elders and scholars have stamped it, you are to defend the culmination of knowledge with the last blood flowing in your vein.

Every other thing is counterfeit bro.

Greet your father for me.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
Olu317:
macof, I have answered many questions through my paleography knowledge and the transliteration . But your uncultured vulgar words pisses one off because, you are contesting what you don't have knowledge, which is highly shocking. Therefore, if you want intellectual juxtaposition, then rebrand yourself and I will teach you more on Classic Hebrew's language. In fact,the comparison between the Hebrew block letters that came into use after the Babylonian captivity (that commenced about 586 BC), the proposed original alphabet of "Proto-Hebrew" and the Egyptian Hieroglyphs may have been the basis for many of the letters. (from Douglas Petrovich)

Additionally, the discovery of many other alphabetic inscriptions in the Canaan area dated to the period from 1200-1050 BC helped facilitate the understanding of This lettering and its migration which was also found in Egypt.

Mind you, I am from an ancestor whose is from ‘Oru', which imminent in my general oriki. And it is of good note that,Oru/Or, are true cognate with same in meaning.

Hello, it's been a while. Hope you good?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2020
macof:

Even the Hebrew you claim to know we haven't seen the result of this master fluency in classical Hebrew in your attempt to link it to Yoruba

We have dealt with this, I specifically opened a thread for you to go wild with your knowledge only for you to make more ludicrous baseless claims and turning the whole thread into a shit show
Knowledge can be verified, this your own knowledge na only your imagination e dey cheesy
Just to save face,you keep drifting from one angle to another grin. Well done. Mind you, if it was my imagination, then researchers with names won't pass any comment as the following :

1. According to Johnson (1921:146), the iron studs are suggestive to represent Hebrew letter Resh and Yod

2. Fatunbi, commenting on the Oranmiyan obelisk writes, “There is the image of a trident made iron spikes on the obelisk,” but Williams and their 1998 article do not pay much attention to the nail design on the obelisk, they just write one side of the staff are some faded carving in explicably there are some nails driven into it and it is glaring that there are discrepancies in observations of Dennett and Johnson Oranmiyan obelisk. The total numbers of nails seen on Oranmiyan obelisk by both of them do not tally apart from fact that where Dennett sees “horn and Johnson sees “ancient characters”- Resh Yod. The fact that one sees horn and axe the other sees “ancient characters” does mean that the characters engraved on the Opa Oranmiyan are not hieroglyphs – but Resh and Yod.
The written character on the staff actually gave us a clue to the fact that Yoruba at a point in history had developed some forms of ancient writing that is evident in Ifaodu corpus (signatures) in walls of Oluorogbo, Akire and Obalejugbe Shrines in Ile-Ife.

3. Wi Lizzie and others, in a 2008 article express view that “The meaning of these is unknow the interpretation of Johnson in connection the design is that:

“… the 61 nails in midline represent the number of years Oranyan lived, and that the 31 years either side indicates that he was 31 when he began to reign, and he reigned 31 years, that he began to reign being counted twice as manner of the Yorubas;”

It is not appropriate to interpret the arrangement of the nails as the numbers of years Oranmiyan lived and reigned. In the first place, if the ca on the obelisk are not regarded as “horn and axe but ancient characters – hieroglyphics definitely means the artists that designe obelisk was not a stranger to the writing cult Egypt. The Egyptians did not just write alone, they also wrote numbers because hieroglyphs accommodated both the writing of words and large numbers.

4.. Slideboom in 2011 says, ‘The significance of the arrangement of the nails can on comprehended if it is viewed from a perspective as a ‘t' trident. Among the Yoruba, it was connected with Poseidon of the Greece, by  Professor Leo Frobenious, a German School Newafrican (2010) writes “This was definitely a mistake, but the artwork in the city Ile-Ife was so sophisticated that it was easy to mistake it to that of Greek culture.

5. Fatunbi, commenting on the Oranmiyan obelisk writes, “There is the image of a trident made iron spikes on the obelisk,” but Williams and their 1998 article do not pay much attention to the nail design on the obelisk, they just write one side of the staff are some faded carving in explicably there are some nails driven into it and it is glaring that there are discrepancies in observations of Dennett and Johnson Oranmiyan obelisk. The total numbers of nails seen on Oranmiyan obelisk by both of them do not tally apart from fact that where Dennett sees “horn and Johnson sees “ancient characters”- Resh Yod. The fact that one sees horn and axe the other sees “ancient characters” does mean that the characters engraved on the Opa Oranmiyan are not hieroglyphs – but Resh and Yod.

Commenting on one of the characteristics of hieroglyph writings Siculus writes:
From this explanation, it is clear that Dennet sees the shape of the letters in animal and implied forms while Johnson sees the letter per se as ancient form does in any way justify the differences they in the area of the number of nails on the obelisk. The discrepancies in their observation  not withstanding, the two of them still present design of the nails on the obelisk to be of t formation. This unique design -the t arrangement of the nails – is more than embellishment; it has symbolic meanings.

Note:
From the above commentators, how is it my imagination of the ancestors of the dynasty founders of Yoruba people to be from west Africa? What does the trident (pitchfork )mean in Classic Hebrew or Yoruba's writing culture or west African culture ? Why does subsahara not anything like the obelisk in their culture ? Why are Yoruba work compared with western culture and not Africans of subsahara groups ? Perhaps, you will explain it to us,since you have more advance Yoruba knowledge than many of us cheesy .
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
2prexios:

Hello, it's been a while. Hope you good?
I am good and you? Thanks brother.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 1:06am On Mar 03, 2020
Olu317:
Just to save face,you keep drifting from one angle to another grin. Well done. Mind you, if it was my imagination, then researchers with names won't pass any comment as the following :

1. According to Johnson (1921:146), the iron studs are suggestive to represent Hebrew letter Resh and Yod

2. Fatunbi, commenting on the Oranmiyan obelisk writes, “There is the image of a trident made iron spikes on the obelisk,” but Williams and their 1998 article do not pay much attention to the nail design on the obelisk, they just write one side of the staff are some faded carving in explicably there are some nails driven into it and it is glaring that there are discrepancies in observations of Dennett and Johnson Oranmiyan obelisk. The total numbers of nails seen on Oranmiyan obelisk by both of them do not tally apart from fact that where Dennett sees “horn and Johnson sees “ancient characters”- Resh Yod. The fact that one sees horn and axe the other sees “ancient characters” does mean that the characters engraved on the Opa Oranmiyan are not hieroglyphs – but Resh and Yod.
The written character on the staff actually gave us a clue to the fact that Yoruba at a point in history had developed some forms of ancient writing that is evident in Ifaodu corpus (signatures) in walls of Oluorogbo, Akire and Obalejugbe Shrines in Ile-Ife.

3. Wi Lizzie and others, in a 2008 article express view that “The meaning of these is unknow the interpretation of Johnson in connection the design is that:

“… the 61 nails in midline represent the number of years Oranyan lived, and that the 31 years either side indicates that he was 31 when he began to reign, and he reigned 31 years, that he began to reign being counted twice as manner of the Yorubas;”

It is not appropriate to interpret the arrangement of the nails as the numbers of years Oranmiyan lived and reigned. In the first place, if the ca on the obelisk are not regarded as “horn and axe but ancient characters – hieroglyphics definitely means the artists that designe obelisk was not a stranger to the writing cult Egypt. The Egyptians did not just write alone, they also wrote numbers because hieroglyphs accommodated both the writing of words and large numbers.

4.. Slideboom in 2011 says, ‘The significance of the arrangement of the nails can on comprehended if it is viewed from a perspective as a ‘t' trident. Among the Yoruba, it was connected with Poseidon of the Greece, by  Professor Leo Frobenious, a German School Newafrican (2010) writes “This was definitely a mistake, but the artwork in the city Ile-Ife was so sophisticated that it was easy to mistake it to that of Greek culture.

5. Fatunbi, commenting on the Oranmiyan obelisk writes, “There is the image of a trident made iron spikes on the obelisk,” but Williams and their 1998 article do not pay much attention to the nail design on the obelisk, they just write one side of the staff are some faded carving in explicably there are some nails driven into it and it is glaring that there are discrepancies in observations of Dennett and Johnson Oranmiyan obelisk. The total numbers of nails seen on Oranmiyan obelisk by both of them do not tally apart from fact that where Dennett sees “horn and Johnson sees “ancient characters”- Resh Yod. The fact that one sees horn and axe the other sees “ancient characters” does mean that the characters engraved on the Opa Oranmiyan are not hieroglyphs – but Resh and Yod.

Commenting on one of the characteristics of hieroglyph writings Siculus writes:
From this explanation, it is clear that Dennet sees the shape of the letters in animal and implied forms while Johnson sees the letter per se as ancient form does in any way justify the differences they in the area of the number of nails on the obelisk. The discrepancies in their observation  not withstanding, the two of them still present design of the nails on the obelisk to be of t formation. This unique design -the t arrangement of the nails – is more than embellishment; it has symbolic meanings.

Note:
From the above commentators, how is it my imagination of the ancestors of the dynasty founders of Yoruba people to be from west Africa? What does the trident (pitchfork )mean in Classic Hebrew or Yoruba's writing culture or west African culture ? Why does subsahara not anything like the obelisk in their culture ? Why are Yoruba work compared with western culture and not Africans of subsahara groups ? Perhaps, you will explain it to us,since you have more advance Yoruba knowledge than many of us cheesy .

The 5 points you have made here actually contradict themselves in several places.
First you quote Johnson, then quote Fatunbi who draws a critic on everything people think they see on the obelisk, then in 3 you quote someone who interpretes the studs as lifespan and length of reign of Oranmiyan only to say the person is wrong, if you knew the person is wrong, why quote them
then in 4 , the person you quote says the studs are shaped into a 't' trident- just wtf is a t trident
and in 5 you repeat your point 2.

so what exactly have you achieved with this post? is this not irrelevant as you are known for?

Here is the picture of the studs on the Opa Oranyan and tell me where you see a Resh and Yod ( ר י)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-YR6-_sUE-z4/WtiE5pBZNGI/AAAAAAAAw4Y/GpjE6nJQTOoQANrYp4oA6vQRNr3Zpw1KQCEwYBhgL/s1600/Oranm.jpeg[/img]

Here is an article by Claudia Zaslavsky the author of "Africa counts", here she references johnson respecfully and uses the reviews of William Fagg and Frank Willet to set things straight

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 1:18am On Mar 03, 2020
2prexios:

What else should I expect you to say?

Already the Niger Congo linguistics is your history, elders and scholars have stamped it, you are to defend the culmination of knowledge with the last blood flowing in your vein.

Every other thing is counterfeit bro.

Greet your father for me.
All this Odiyan na Odion people sef cheesy tongue
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 6:33am On Mar 03, 2020
macof:

Okobo 'o bimo sitosi!

The impotent man don't have his children nearby. This is the way Yoruba salute people who "says" excess when they were meant to "do" little.

You could have used your brain to express your thoughts in Yoruba when you said "I'm more Yoruba than your father". That's too much for too little.

Your precision machine could help you interpret this English thought to Yoruba, but cannot break antique word when it needs to.

Then again you could use the machine, why not on the post that question your Origin? You know you won't escape scrutiny if the harmony is broken.

It reminds me of olaochi who could write Yoruba with all the diacritics in place but failed to solve a simple question, interpret.

macof:
How to spot a fraud

You are the fraud here bro. To a fraud, every thing fails, only the fraudulent remains.

A fraud never gives anyone benefits of the doubt because fraud lack the attributes of sincerity in its core. So he never take chances.

Fraud will pretend to be who he's not. I am not claiming to be an Israeli national, but rather that the ancient Yoruba migrated from the Levant. That's a research thesis, or observation, not fraud.

You are no Yoruba pretending to be one. That's fraud. You are an imposter.

macof:
All this Odiyan na Odion people sef cheesy tongue
grin grin grin grin grin

Hmm, again, you have just failed to see the confirmation of that connection in the oriki because I didn't break it down.

Kai! You are smart but unintelligent.

That you miss this, claiming the oriki implies that the family came from bini shows you are trailing my steps and couldn't find it out yourself.

It's the last straw that breaks the camel. f you are Yoruba, translate what you said about your laughing back to English word for word.

undecided
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 7:02am On Mar 03, 2020
Olu317:
I am good and you? Thanks brother.

I'd miss some of your input.

We might not agree on some issues, it's not hard feeling. We are humans working with ancient tradition, there's room for differences because we are not an artificial intelligence machine.

We are not also thinking from the same brain as we are capable of coming out with a divergent view that is connected in the core. The core being future discoveries.

The Egyptian connection to this work is very fact. The Egyptians control the Levant at the time of the patriarchs no doubt. They disdain the bedoins as sanddwellers.

The armana letters shows where the power house was at the time, and the letters confirmed the Bible as a carefully writing historical source for the time.

Adonizedek was complaining bitterly about the Invaders. He was really sick of them. You know that's the name of the king of Jerusalem killed by Joshua?

That validate the Bible character from another source back in the remotest time.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by gregyboy(m): 10:29am On Mar 03, 2020
lawani:
I am surprised you don't know the Yoruba we speak is over 50% kemitic Egyptian by vocabulary. What I call kemitic Egyptian is what olu317 calls ancient Hebrew.

Trace your language to edo state.... Not far away egypt
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2020
macof:

The 5 points you have made here actually contradict themselves in several places.
First you quote Johnson, then quote Fatunbi who draws a critic on everything people think they see on the obelisk, then in 3 you quote someone who interpretes the studs as lifespan and length of reign of Oranmiyan only to say the person is wrong, if you knew the person is wrong, why quote them
then in 4 , the person you quote says the studs are shaped into a 't' trident- just wtf is a t trident
and in 5 you repeat your point 2.

so what exactly have you achieved with this post? is this not irrelevant as you are known for?

Here is the picture of the studs on the Opa Oranyan and tell me where you see a Resh and Yod ( ר י)
[img]https://1.bp..com/-YR6-_sUE-z4/WtiE5pBZNGI/AAAAAAAAw4Y/GpjE6nJQTOoQANrYp4oA6vQRNr3Zpw1KQCEwYBhgL/s1600/Oranm.jpeg[/img]

Here is an article by Claudia Zaslavsky the author of "Africa counts", here she references johnson respecfully and uses the reviews of William Fagg and Frank Willet to set things straight

The major problem you have is inability to carefully comprehend things to be objective ,instead you are quick to post information that the writers hardly understood the language except through transliteration and translation from Classic Hebrew, Aramiac, Greek to English language.

From the above, let me correct you with the fact that in all the postulation of these researchers, it was either agreed that the name oranyan is not Hieroglyph of Egypt but Hebrew origin which is resh and Yod. Unfortunately for you, it seems, you're desperate to counter what you don't have knowledge on because what you posted ,by the so called Resh and Yod ( ר י) isn't correct . Here are the following Classic Hebrew for reish/resh and Yod/Yud

Reish: ר [ ɣ ] רֵישׁ

The Reish is represented by letter ‘r '.The Reish is pronounced as Yoruba's risha (while æ is pronunced with nasal tone) ,and at times, it is also pronunced as rii,which is the letter ‘r' to mean Ori(head) in Yoruba. While, it is represented by a picture of a man's head.

Furthermore,the word you copied and posted
as (ר י) simply transliterate as riy, which is in many quarters is defined as, to see,vision, visual organ etc. Do I need explain to you how it came about? Perhaps, once you're willing to pay for my service, then I will teach you.

Yod/Yud: י[i] יוֹד

Yod/Yud : yod ; which is created by yod+waw+ dalet. This is represented by letter y or i and represented by picture of a ‘peg '.

These were what they called Reish and Yod that's strictly Classic Hebrew in origin. Either Claudia Zaslavsky respect Ayo Ogun or not, the fact is that Ayo Ogun didn't know the meaning of the inscription on Opa Oranmiyan because it is agreed, it is ‘Trident'. And the Trident is seen in many culture of the world as associated to different things.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
2prexios:

Okobo 'o bimo sitosi!

The impotent man don't have his children nearby. This is the way Yoruba salute people who "says" excess when they were meant to "do" little.

You could have used your brain to express your thoughts in Yoruba when you said "I'm more Yoruba than your father". That's too much for too little.

Your precision machine could help you interpret this English thought to Yoruba, but cannot break antique word when it needs to.

Then again you could use the machine, why not on the post that question your Origin? You know you won't escape scrutiny if the harmony is broken.

It reminds me of olaochi who could write Yoruba with all the diacritics in place but failed to solve a simple question, interpret.

You are the fraud here bro. To a fraud, every thing fails, only the fraudulent remains.

A fraud never gives anyone benefits of the doubt because fraud lack the attributes of sincerity in its core. So he never take chances.

Fraud will pretend to be who he's not. I am not claiming to be an Israeli national, but rather that the ancient Yoruba migrated from the Levant. That's a research thesis, or observation, not fraud.

You are no Yoruba pretending to be one. That's fraud. You are an imposter.

Hmm, again, you have just failed to see the confirmation of that connection in the oriki because I didn't break it down.

Kai! You are smart but unintelligent.

That you miss this, claiming the oriki implies that the family came from bini shows you are trailing my steps and couldn't find it out yourself.

It's the last straw that breaks the camel. f you are Yoruba, translate what you said about your laughing back to English word for word.

undecided

grin this guy is sick. So much whining
Jeez, get help
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
2prexios:

I'd miss some of your input.

We might not agree on some issues, it's not hard feeling. We are humans working with ancient tradition, there's room for differences because we are not an artificial intelligence machine.

We are not also thinking from the same brain as we are capable of coming out with a divergent view that is connected in the core. The core being future discoveries.

The Egyptian connection to this work is very fact. The Egyptians control the Levant at the time of the patriarchs no doubt. They disdain the bedoins as sanddwellers.

The armana letters shows where the power house was at the time, and the letters confirmed the Bible as a carefully writing historical source for the time.

Adonizedek was complaining bitterly about the Invaders. He was really sick of them. You know that's the name of the king of Jerusalem killed by Joshua?

That validate the Bible character from another source back in the remotest time.

Pardon me bro. I have been a bit here and there. And thank you for your compliment. Sometimes, I away from online commentary out of weariness. So accept my apology.

Besides, I have not seen much from you lately and some other guys who are actually doing justice to mysterious identity of the Yorubas, either via internal influence or external influence which some of us are opening the eyes of other people who underestimated Yorubas footprint in their original abode to migrants status across the globe.

On the Armana pictographs, of the Egyptian control over Israel after the fall to Babylonia is likened to present day Nigeria, when Britain is partially controlling and influencing Yoruba Nation at the detriment of rightful people to the throne and posts across board.Although Yoruba religion support divine authority to any position which has made Yoruba people persevere in whatever position one find himself or herself.

On the account of Joshua's biblical history,the man was actually half caste,like many other Classic Hebrews because his mother was actually called a black woman from Ethiopia/Kush linked. And, the man was actually spiritual and physically strong,which account for his great exploit and killing of Adonisedeq,who was the Canaanite king at that time.

On the divergency, I guess it is normal for us to share different view because as you had opined,that I agreed that even identical twin don't share same view often. Although, I posit my view based on my palaeography knowledge of mine and knowledge of Yoruba oral history, inscriptions,panegyric, which is what remain the basis for my work,which I intend working on to justify my book,that I intend to publish in some years to come.

Cheers for now
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
Olu317:

The major problem you have is inability to carefully comprehend things to be objective ,instead you are quick to post information that the writers hardly understood the language except through transliteration and translation from Classic Hebrew, Aramiac, Greek to English language.

From the above, let me correct you with the fact that in all the postulation of these researchers, it was either agreed that the name oranyan is not Hieroglyph of Egypt but Hebrew origin which is resh and Yod. Unfortunately for you, it seems, you're desperate to counter what you don't have knowledge on because what you posted ,by the so called Resh and Yod ( ר י) isn't correct . Here are the following Classic Hebrew for reish/resh and Yod/Yud

Reish: ר [ ɣ ] רֵישׁ

The Reish is represented by letter ‘r '.The Reish is pronounced as Yoruba's risha (while æ is pronunced with nasal tone) ,and at times, it is also pronunced as rii,which is the letter ‘r' to mean Ori(head) in Yoruba. While, it is represented by a picture of a man's head.

Furthermore,the word you copied and posted
as (ר י) simply transliterate as riy, which is in many quarters is defined as, to see,vision, visual organ etc. Do I need explain to you how it came about? Perhaps, once you're willing to pay for my service, then I will teach you.

Yod/Yud: י[i] יוֹד

Yod/Yud : yod ; which is created by yod+waw+ dalet. This is represented by letter y or i and represented by picture of a ‘peg '.

These were what they called Reish and Yod that's strictly Classic Hebrew in origin. Either Claudia Zaslavsky respect Ayo Ogun or not, the fact is that Ayo Ogun didn't know the meaning of the inscription on Opa Oranmiyan because it is agreed, it is ‘Trident'. And the Trident is seen in many culture of the world as associated to different things.

Most of this doesn't even address the post you quoted.

I don't see how Yod and Resh are represented in the obelisk... That is what you should have addressed

And from your quotes as well as my picture, it is clear that nobody has an accurate interpretation of the studs. Reason more research needs to be conducted... It's ok to declare a topic inconclusive and work towards gaining further insight rather than jumping to conclusions

The Reish is pronounced as Yoruba's risha (while æ is pronunced with nasal tone) ,and at times, it is also pronunced as rii,which is the letter ‘r' to mean Ori(head) in Yoruba. While, it is represented by a picture of a man's head.

First of all Resh is not pronounced as "Risha" but simply as "Resh"
Secondly, the Hebrew term for head is not Rii but "Rash" (רֹאשׁ) from where the name for the first alphabet in the word finds its source, reason the alphabet is represented by a head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnCPYRGc5MA

So if you are to teach me something, teach it right
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
macof:

Most of this doesn't even address the post you quoted.

I don't see how Yod and Resh are represented in the obelisk... That is what you should have addressed

And from your quotes as well as my picture, it is clear that nobody has an accurate interpretation of the studs. Reason more research needs to be conducted... It's ok to declare a topic inconclusive and work towards gaining further insight rather than jumping to conclusions

First of all Resh is not pronounced as "Risha" but simply as "Resh"
Secondly, the Hebrew term for head is not Rii but "Rash" (רֹאשׁ) from where the name for the first alphabet in the word finds its source, reason the alphabet is represented by a head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnCPYRGc5MA

So if you are to teach me something, teach it right
The quotes basically testified to that fact that the written inscriptions on the obelisk is not of Africa's pride empire called Egypt because it has been established that the Yoruba ancestors produced machinery tools as well as simple tools such as nails, armour headgear,weaopons etc assumably around 100BC for the use .If you consider the inscriptions, weight of the obelisks, the orderly inserting the nails laboriously to make a meaning and erecting it upwardly, then you know such fit can never be done by amateurs. Having affirmed this,is the reason that made all the interpreters of the obelisk to agree that the inscriptions definitely isn't Hieroglyphs but Semitic group which is said to be Resh and Yod. The idea of it. being Trident or Classic Hebrew signature became the ideal view of these interpreters.

Permit to infer here that even these people can't understand the meaning because the inscription you posted has not been interpreted by anyone which I can successfully do the interpretation because I know what it means. Even Yoruba scholar, or anyone can easily know what it means if you can understand Classic Hebrew. But what do I need gain if I exposed what had been coded 1000+ years years ago and I do such interpretation in a forum as this? Never will I do so ,except when my book is ready .Therefore there is no hassle on me from that part.

On the resh you issue, don't get too in rush to establish something you see online as the basis for your justification. Besides, the pictographs or inscription or ideograms are transliterated and translated using English alphabets. The question is : Is the English language the Classic Hebrew ? No, the English language isnt Classic Hebrew. Although let's use your understanding of English language to do the translation and transliteration.

Classic Hebrew: רֵישׁ

Transliteration: re'sh

Translation: raysh

On Yoruba alphabets: The ways Yoruba alphabets being used to form words do have slight problem because of some errors. For example:

English (i) (IPA): /aɪ/
(IPA): /aɪ/

Yoruba(e) (IPA): /eɪ/
(IPA): /æɪ/
(IPA): /æ/ is replaced with( i ) when writing but not when pronunciation takes place.

Therefore,Resh is pronounced as rish(rêsh-a),which I posted. Apart from the pronunciation, the reconstruction of Classic Hebrew is spoken language is what western researchers are doing which is thw reason, in the scholarly world, the classic Hebrew is wrongfully pronounced dead,which I intend to proof as false claim.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
Olu317:
Pardon me bro. I have been a bit here and there. And thank you for your compliment. Sometimes, I away from online commentary out of weariness. So accept my apology.

Besides, I have not seen much from you lately and some other guys who are actually doing justice to mysterious identity of the Yorubas, either via internal influence or external influence which some of us are opening the eyes of other people who underestimated Yorubas footprint in their original abode to migrants status across the globe.

On the Armana pictographs, of the Egyptian control over Israel after the fall to Babylonia is likened to present day Nigeria, when Britain is partially controlling and influencing Yoruba Nation at the detriment of rightful people to the throne and posts across board.Although Yoruba religion support divine authority to any position which has made Yoruba people persevere in whatever position one find himself or herself.

On the account of Joshua's biblical history,the man was actually half caste,like many other Classic Hebrews because his mother was actually called a black woman from Ethiopia/Kush linked. And, the man was actually spiritual and physically strong,which account for his great exploit and killing of Adonisedeq,who was the Canaanite king at that time.

On the divergency, I guess it is normal for us to share different view because as you had opined,that I agreed that even identical twin don't share same view often. Although, I posit my view based on my palaeography knowledge of mine and knowledge of Yoruba oral history, inscriptions,panegyric, which is what remain the basis for my work,which I intend working on to justify my book,that I intend to publish in some years to come.

Cheers for now

Very insightful post. I love that you mentioned weariness. Juggling life and other stuffs and doing this on the internet. I must tell you we are mistaken making post upon post out here.

My wife always have issues with me doing this. She asked if it's some kind of cultism discussion going on. And why the negative words.
.What are we doing here bro? We are not different from the prodigal son, with generational blessings, he think of nothing else to do but squandered all. And for what end exactly?

For Yoruba? Really?

Is this the Yoruba we were sent to? Is this the avenue to reach them? We are dining with swine's here bro. I realized that of late. God planted the swines here to push us to the true task he formed us for.

I agree with you that it's time to stop dining with swine and do the needful. You bring the best in you here and offer it, macof brings nothing but destroy whatever you bring. The Pearl and the swine, how do they connect?

He's smart, he brings nothing to the discussion table. As such, he has nothing to lose, but you know what? You and I have everything we have to lose. Time, confidence, convenience and possibly convictions.

Has he ever offer you a piece of material that forms his believe or principles? You're dealing with an original agent of Satan. A man without valid integrity. The best is to resist the devil, not to contend with it.

He's subtle and you can never win him in his game. You are not playing the game he's playing, neither am I. So I go with your offer to stop squandering the insights we have received so far. It's already been tested.

Archimedes said "give me a place to stand and I will move the world" this is not the place to stand to move the world, it's the idea that you have that must spark and move the whole world. You move the world with your book, not here.

Stop dealing with this unhealthy fellow, sooner or later it will wear you out insulting your dad. He's having the fun of his life and if you continue, you might lose your value. I have stopped on this page dealing with a fellow like that.

I will like to contribute to the making of your book buddy. I will provide you a thousand copy of 100 pages for free if you can make it happen. That should get you busy and out of here till December.

I know it's a hard habit to break, hence I rather use my wife's fone. Put your efforts in your own works, it will speak in the future, not here and now.

Allow macof to teach the Yoruba what they are supposed to know.

Read more, improve on your content presentation, trim off the clutters and you are good. You are versed enough sir. Most of all, drop the "Oduduwa hegemony" to allow even flow of ideas into your plot.

Do we have a deal?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 2prexios: 12:30am On Mar 04, 2020
To build a thing is hard, to destroy it is easy. It's foolishness to continue building for a destroyer to do his job and claim the glory.

The best thing to do is leave the building to the destroyer,, he can build nothing with his bulldozer tools. He will be all about searching for what else to destroy.

A destroyer can never be called a builder.

It's unwise of a builder to get entangled with a destroyer. The two never work together.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by nlPoster: 12:44am On Mar 04, 2020

Are you referring to nairaland?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 2:14am On Mar 04, 2020
2prexios:

Very insightful post. I love that you mentioned weariness. Juggling life and other stuffs and doing this on the internet. I must tell you we are mistaken making post upon post out here.

My wife always have issues with me doing this. She asked if it's some kind of cultism discussion going on. And why the negative words.
.What are we doing here bro? We are not different from the prodigal son, with generational blessings, he think of nothing else to do but squandered all. And for what end exactly?

For Yoruba? Really?

Is this the Yoruba we were sent to? Is this the avenue to reach them? We are dining with swine's here bro. I realized that of late. God planted the swines here to push us to the true task he formed us for.

I agree with you that it's time to stop dining with swine and do the needful. You bring the best in you here and offer it, macof brings nothing but destroy whatever you bring. The Pearl and the swine, how do they connect?

He's smart, he brings nothing to the discussion table. As such, he has nothing to lose, but you know what? You and I have everything we have to lose. Time, confidence, convenience and possibly convictions.

Has he ever offer you a piece of material that forms his believe or principles? You're dealing with an original agent of Satan. A man without valid integrity. The best is to resist the devil, not to contend with it.

He's subtle and you can never win him in his game. You are not playing the game he's playing, neither am I. So I go with your offer to stop squandering the insights we have received so far. It's already been tested.

Archimedes said "give me a place to stand and I will move the world" this is not the place to stand to move the world, it's the idea that you have that must spark and move the whole world. You move the world with your book, not here.

Stop dealing with this unhealthy fellow, sooner or later it will wear you out insulting your dad. He's having the fun of his life and if you continue, you might lose your value. I have stopped on this page dealing with a fellow like that.

I will like to contribute to the making of your book buddy. I will provide you a thousand copy of 100 pages for free if you can make it happen. That should get you busy and out of here till December.

I know it's a hard habit to break, hence I rather use my wife's fone. Put your efforts in your own works, it will speak in the future, not here and now.

Read more, improve on your content presentation, trim off the clutters and you are good. You are versed enough sir. Most of all, drop the "Oduduwa hegemony" to allow even flow of ideas into your plot.

Do we have a deal?
cheesy what exactly is this mess?
God sent you to Yoruba to declare them Hebrews grin grin
The man on a divine mission to direct Yoruba to a divine people cheesy
Master Hebrews are calling

What an overbloated ego that doesn't check with the reality of your knowledge
This is what happens when you have no substance outside your imagination

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 2:40am On Mar 04, 2020
Olu317:

1. The quotes basically testified to that fact that the written inscriptions on the obelisk is not of Africa's pride empire called Egypt because it has been established that the Yoruba ancestors produced machinery tools as well as simple tools such as nails, armour headgear,weaopons etc assumably around 100BC for the use .If you consider the inscriptions, weight of the obelisks, the orderly inserting the nails laboriously to make a meaning and erecting it upwardly, then you know such fit can never be done by amateurs. Having affirmed this,is the reason that made all the interpreters of the obelisk to agree that the inscriptions definitely isn't Hieroglyphs but Semitic group which is said to be Resh and Yod. The idea of it. being Trident or Classic Hebrew signature became the ideal view of these interpreters.

2. Permit to infer here that even these people can't understand the meaning because the inscription you posted has not been interpreted by anyone which I can successfully do the interpretation because I know what it means. Even Yoruba scholar, or anyone can easily know what it means if you can understand Classic Hebrew. But what do I need gain if I exposed what had been coded 1000+ years years ago and I do such interpretation in a forum as this? Never will I do so ,except when my book is ready .Therefore there is no hassle on me from that part.

3. On the resh you issue, don't get too in rush to establish something you see online as the basis for your justification. Besides, the pictographs or inscription or ideograms are transliterated and translated using English alphabets. The question is : Is the English language the Classic Hebrew ? No, the English language isnt Classic Hebrew. Although let's use your understanding of English language to do the translation and transliteration.

Classic Hebrew: רֵישׁ

Transliteration: re'sh

Translation: raysh

On Yoruba alphabets: The ways Yoruba alphabets being used to form words do have slight problem because of some errors. For example:

English (i) (IPA): /aɪ/
(IPA): /aɪ/

Yoruba(e) (IPA): /eɪ/
(IPA): /æɪ/
(IPA): /æ/ is replaced with( i ) when writing but not when pronunciation takes place.

Therefore,Resh is pronounced as rish(rêsh-a),which I posted. Apart from the pronunciation, the reconstruction of Classic Hebrew is spoken language is what western researchers are doing which is thw reason, in the scholarly world, the classic Hebrew is wrongfully pronounced dead,which I intend to proof as false claim.

1. You really need to get over this colonial mentality implanted in you that Africans are uncivilised and incapable of achieving great things. What Yoruba civilization has done doesn't make them "too good" to be African
That's playing to the anti-African tune of your enemies
Funny enough I don't see any achievements made by the Hebrews outside the spread of elements of their religion (through Christianity and Islam). No great art, no great philosophy, no ingenious use of knowledge, no great empire or especially wealthy Kingdom of Old
So what makes these Hebrews superior to Africans that you think Yoruba civilization is so advanced that it can only be Hebrew

Damned your religion has turned you to a Hebrew slave

2. Very funny, so you knew that nobody except you can interpret the "inscriptions" on the Opa Oranmiyan yet you quoted 5 people trying to connect it to Hebrews? This is what I asked you before when you referenced Johnson's claim that the obelisk has the Hebrew letters Yod and Resh
You are very inconsistent and don't even know what you are getting at
You defended Johnson before, now you say nobody except you or anyone with knowledge of classical Hebrew can know what the obelisk says
Classical Hebrew that you don't even know as much as you claim grin all na wash

3. I posted a video on how the letter "Resh" is pronounced and used in words
You don't know more than that Hebrew teacher in the video
I have bursted much of your so called Hebrew knowledge in the past and that seems to continue

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:28am On Mar 04, 2020
2prexios:

For Yoruba? Really?

Do we have a deal?
I appreciate your understanding and compliment. It is highly noted.

On the Oduduwa's followers hegemony over the so called Obatala followers,which is basically a religious issue before harmonisation in a closely knitted fold. This is because, Oba ti Ala,seemingly reflects white,purity god. While Odu da Iwa is linked to Ela( Orunmiela),who is also light,white ,wisdom of God,creator etc. Therefore, I perceived the arrival of two major pioneers people of spoken Yoruba language were both earlier form Islam and Coptic- Ifaodu Christians.

Obviously, this can never be written off in Yoruba speaking people's history. The reason being a sub clan of IleIfe through Oluigbo always desire to have his own side of this family enthroned as Ooni. Unfortunately, Opa Oranmiyan is owned and erected by Coptic-Ifaodu Priest King of Oshin, Ogun etc group. And if you ask me to drop my ancestral identity, then, you want our faces to be erased from plant earth. Do need I infer that Samuel Ajai Crowther,who once claimed Odudiwa was a female which was wrong ,because he was ignorant of many things from my above information because, Odudawa group are never members of Ogboni, which was formed by Obatala group, originally from inception until some Court became a reformed one before mid 19th century. My late father told me certain information to make us not inline with Obatala group even if there is cohesion. For example, our names are carefully formed within Yoruba classic language.

Plainly, the Oranmiyan obelisks speaks of a coptic - ifaodu group, in wish IwA & Ashe is the basis of it . IwA , is Ela(orunmiela) personality with a perfect, and established characters's signature that has been implanted in Nigeria's IleIfe for 1000+ years.

Note: Do do you think anyone can wake up and chose to break a code that has been written 1000s+ years ago without element of inner Ashe through divinity ? Intellectual prowess can't just break such code easily that is damn paleography. So I thread gently to avoid egocentrism.

Secondly,I may not choose to ignore the hegemony of IWA because it has nothing to do with me but history and the shy away characters of the group that brought this knowledge. So ,respect is reciprocal.

Lastly, we have a deal as you said because, I know ‘ka ri ka po yi yè ni yè èní ' . Although with a condition that will be attached to it in the future.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:37am On Mar 04, 2020
macof,

It is obvious you have no knowledge of accent, so let me live to your mirage until you realise, you and I are distantly apart farther than from Cairo to Katsina. But I have few questions for you to test your Semitic language. Kindly post your own dialect interpretation of these word and phrases :

1.Mercenary
2. he accompanies
3. She accompanies
4. One accompanies
5. Accompany
6.he walks with
7. She walks with
8. One walks with
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
macof Niger Congo bantoid will soon realize all he knows is now obsolete quoting research done by racist white people over 50yrs ago that knows nothing about us , let us write our own history
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
Obalufon:
macof Niger Congo bantoid will soon realize all he knows is now obsolete quoting research done by racist white people over 50yrs ago that knows nothing about us , let us write our own history
this one disturbing me like a rat again grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
macof:
you can say rubbish on line ..no matter how big your head is ,it will enter inside my Ado i swear ..Ori e ti o pe yen awo inu Ado mi
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
macof:
So, you can run and hide. Go to my post and answer the questions posited before you.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
Olu317:
So, you can run and hide. Go to my post and answer the questions posited before you.
your post was utterly irrelevant.
You are quite dull to be expecting me to partake in your quiz. Are you 10 years old or what?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
macof:
your post was utterly irrelevant.
You are quite dull to be expecting me to partake in your quiz. Are you 10 years old or what?
A fool is a fool,no matter the training he passes through. Anyway, I know you're a perpetual liar and a cave man. Enjoy your ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (97) (Reply)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.