Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Tales Of Abigail - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Abigail (68597 Views)

Tales Of An ASHEWO (18+) / Tales Of A Keke Napep Driver / Tales Of A College Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Cindymorgan(f): 6:06pm On May 05, 2018
Intresting Story,am Following Till The End.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 6:19pm On May 05, 2018
daviesblaze:
6 updates left undecided grin grin
grin grin
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 6:21pm On May 05, 2018
Cindymorgan:
Intresting Story,am Following Till The End.
Thanks dearie.

Enjoy reading...
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 6:24pm On May 05, 2018
chris2face:
Abeg am enjoying it
Thanks for reading.

Enjoy smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 6:26pm On May 05, 2018
ndy87:
More food. I am hungry o. Harrystories.
grin grin
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 6:37pm On May 05, 2018
chivera018:
Keep up the good work Mr. Harry potter
Harry potter? Amen.....

Thanks for the blesses. smiley

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by chris2face(m): 6:38pm On May 05, 2018
harrystories:
Thanks for reading.
Enjoy smiley
when are updating again

2 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Babyurgly1(f): 9:19pm On May 05, 2018
We are waiting for more updates.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2018
Ann2012:
Interesting story, I dey follow till the end. Kudos Bro cool
Thanks for reading. smiley

Enjoy.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 11:13pm On May 05, 2018
chris2face:

when are updating again
Tomorrow smiley

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 11:15pm On May 05, 2018
Babyurgly1:
We are waiting for more updates.
Yes ma. smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 5:46pm On May 06, 2018
Chapter Nine

Juliet widened her eyes in disbelief, finding herself in a very dark forest. All she could hear was the night bird chirping. She raised up her head and surprised to see Abigail, she was tied to a tree. "Abigail? What are you doing here?"

"Go away." Abigail yelled. "They're going to kill you."

"No I won't leave you here," Juliet advanced toward her. "Everyone is out there looking for you."

"It's too late," Abigail's voice sounded like many voices. "Just get out of here, they would kill you."

Juliet got to her side, trying to loose the rope around Abigail. At once, she was dragging Abigail's hand to pull her from the tree, but something else was also dragging Abigail in the opposite direction. She held Abigail with all her strength, but the power competing with her was overpowering her.

Slowly, Abigail was dragged away by the force that held her, dragging her into darkness.

"No!!" Juliet cried out from her sleep.

Her husband, Segun, jecked up from sleep. "Juliet? What happened?"

Juliet stared around the bedroom and let out a long hard breath. She had been dreaming.

"Juliet?"

She Segun's gaze. "I had a terrible nightmare."

Segun let out an explosive breath. "God..you scared me."

"Abigail.." Juliet whispered the word thoughtfully and pulled herself from bed, helding toward the sitting room.

"Juliet?" Segun stared at the wall clock, it was few minutes pass midnight. He got out of bed and followed her. "Where are you going?"

"Abigail is in danger," she said and picked up her cell phone from where she left it in the sitting room before going to bed. 

"Abigail?"

She quickly dialed Abigail's number, ignoring Segun's question. "Hello."

"Juliet," Abigail said from the other end of the cell phone.

"I had a terrible nightmare about you," She said. "Please listen to me, you have to give this up."

"Take it easy, Juliet." Abigail's voice sound so weak.

"I don't want to loose you," Juliet said. "You have to give it up now before it's too late."

Silence fell at the other end of the cell phone. "Alright I'll see you during the day."

Without anymore words, Juliet ended the call and stared at Sugun who was standing with his hands folded over his chest. 

"What is going on?" Segun asked.

"Abigail is investigating John's murder." Juliet went slowly into the chair. 

Segun felt his eyes narrowed. "Investigating what? How on earth would she do that? And why didn't you tell me all those while?"

Juliet stared at him silently and leaned her head against the chair as the image of her dream flashed through her mind.

Through the opened window above the dressing table, Abigail watched the last of the day's sunlight slipped through the horizon. Her mind was many miles away from reality, giving up on the investigation was something she couldn't do, and she always fail each time she disregard Juliet's advice, she had got to know that a long time ago. She let out a long hard breath and moved toward the bed, sitting on the edge.

Part of her was losing it. For the first time since she made the decision, she felt like giving up. She only dated John for four mouths, so many things she didn't know about him before he was murdered. Though, she was loved and cared for, but she had paid heavily for it. For all the love she had received, her trip abroad with John, a diamond necklace worth fifteen million naira she received as a gift, were all paid for with many years in jail.

There she was, not in jail, but in her richly furnished apartment, bought for her by Juliet. What else did she want? Her friend had made life worth living for her, giving her a multimillion naira business. Why not give it up and enjoy the wealth around her? Abigail was so confused, a bit scared of what Juliet had told her over the phone. She remembered Andrew's warning about James, the guy could be dangerous. She have no doubt he had murdered his brother, and if he could do that, he might even do worse.

She slowly closed her eyes, letting out a soft breath. Getting to James wasn't going to be easy, if only she could kill him, no, she wouldn't. What if she get caught? She wouldn't want to be back in jail, she thought.

She pulled herself up, glanced at the wall clock, it was getting to 7pm. She was hungry, and needed to go out for dinner.

Minutes later, she rolled her car into the parking space of a fast food restaurant, just few blocks from her apartment. She got out of the car and walked inside, then ordered a takeaway fried rice and chicken. She leaned her elbows on the countertop, waiting for her order.

She deliberately keep her head down as she collected her order, having a strong feeling that the guy at the middle of the restaurant was going to come up to her, because he had been paying close attention. She had managed not to look at him. Though the guy was very handsome, really good looking.

"Hi."

It was a nice voice. She pulled her head and met his gaze, then waited a few seconds before she reply. "Good evening."  

The guy took a step closer with a really nice smile. "My name is Kevin, I've been watching you for few minutes, hope you don't mind me leaving some few words with you."

Abigail met his gaze with a polite hint of a smile. She hadn't thought of starting a relationship with a man, not now that she has a mission to complete. But she couldn't ignored a very good looking man like him. "If you won't take much of my time." She said.

They walked out of the supermarket and make small idle talk as they walked toward Abigail's car.

"I would be happy if you offered me your friendship." The guy said. 

Abigail smiled. "That won't be a problem, but if you're looking for love, I would advice you to look somewhere else."

He pulled out a soft laugh. "What about lunch tomorrow?"

"I have an appointment tomorrow." She lied, lending her back against her car.

The guy nodded. "You don't mind if I call you Abby?"

"Actually, I mind. I would prefer that you call me Abigail."

He laughed politely. "Alright, I really appreciate you giving me some of your time, Abigail."

"You're welcome."

"What about Sunday evening?" He asked.

Abigail gave a small laugh. "Okay, no problem."

His face brighten up with a smile. "Alright then, I will give you a call. Can I have you number, please?"

They exchanged phone numbers and Abigail met his eyes. "I don't entertain night calls."

He nodded. "Thanks."

She just smiled, then entered her car and put on the ignition while he watched her drove away.

He walked toward his car, pulled the front door opened and got inside. He stared at his watch, then picked his phone to make a call. "Got her."

"Great job, Spenky. Make sure she don't escape." James said from the other end of the cell phone.

"She just left." Spenky said.

"What? Why would you let that happened?"

"Plans changed."

"Your plans changed doesn't mean mine have to." James said. "Get her now."

"Not now."

"I don't pay you to be a caward or a consultant. I pay you to execute my order."

"Too risky. Too many people around."

Silence fell at the other end.  "Alright, do what you can to get her here as quick as possible, you would be compensated appropriately."

"Right. We'll speak again in few hours." Spenky ended the call.

©Harry Enomamien... 2018

All rights reserved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 6:25pm On May 06, 2018
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera018 Missmossy izaray rukidanty vabyurgly1 Chris2face Ann2012
Re: Tales Of Abigail by aprilwise(m): 7:11pm On May 06, 2018
Abigail never knew the danger that is ahead of her. I know she will survive.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by labelle123(f): 7:44pm On May 06, 2018
Never tell people your plan instead show them result .Abigail no try at all

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by daviesblaze(m): 7:58pm On May 06, 2018
harrystories:
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera018 Missmossy izaray rukidanty vabyurgly1 Chris2face Ann2012
harry hwva, your update don dey slow na angry

2 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 06, 2018
Abigail has finally dragged herself into trouble.
Harry, thanks for the update.

4 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by rukidanty: 9:55pm On May 06, 2018
definitely she will survive.. actor nor dey for firm instead she go die, part two go dey... ride on I am enjoying d story so far.. make I chill wait for next update with my Heineken

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:22am On May 07, 2018
Chapter Ten

:A story of Harry Enomamien

Coolface30@gmail.com

Abigail met Lola in her office the following day after receiving a call from her. "Oh sorry I'm late." She said as she entered Lola's office.

Lola stared at her with a smile. "What kept you so long, I'm supposed to be home by now."

Abigail settled down in the chair. "Traffic."

"I thought as much."

"So how far have you gone?" Abigail asked.

Lola leaned back in her chair. "There is only one person on John's friends list whose birthday falls on that date, and her name is Jessica. She's a medica doctor. I knew her."

"Really? Did you contact her?" Abigail asked.

"Yes, but she didn't reply." Lola said. 

"How do we get to her?"

"I don't know her location, so getting to her won't be easy." Lola said. "But I know someone who can lead us to her."

"Who?"

"Her junior sister. Her shop is very close to this place." Lola leaned back in her chair. "Only if she would accept to take us to her sister."

Abigail pulled out a breath. "We will have to find a way to convince her."

"How?"

"Since she's not aware of our plan, you could get a few details about her sister from her." Abigail said. "Maybe where she works."

Lola nodded. "That's a great idea, I could do that in a way that she wouldn't suspect."

"Great."

Lola leaned forward. "How about James? Did you find anything?"

"I found out he had been called back into the family after his brother's death. I'm still trying to get his address, but the one giving me information about him is not making it easy to release his address."

"Who is the person?"

"Andrew, John's friend." Abigail said. "I believe you knows him."

"Andrew? The one working in John's father's company?"

"Exactly."

Lola smiled to the remembrance of Andrew. He was a nice guy to her during her time with John. He was the only one she always met whenever she had issues with John. Andrew was the only one interfered in their relationship. "Aww...it has been long time since I saw him. How is he?"

"He's doing great," Abigail smiled. "He's now the chief accountant of the company."

"Oh that's beautiful." Lola's smile widened. "I'm happy for him. he's sort a hard working guy, one of the reasons that made John liked him."

"He knows about all the investigation from the beginning." Abigail said. "But he's kind of scared of James. He told me to give up on it, that James is too big for me handle."

"Really?"

"Yes, but he has been helping financially since the very start of this investigation."

Lola nodded. "That's good."

"I'm trying to convince him to give me James address, Is James truly that degerous?"

Lola leaned back in her chair. "I knew him as a cultist during my years in school, and he committed a lot of atrocities, but his father always bailed him out."

"I see," Lola nodded. "What do you think we should do about him?"

"We have to do proper investigation before confronting him. And if he's responsible for the murder, then he won't escape it."

"Sure." Lola said picked up her ringing phone from her table. She answered the call, speak with her caller for few seconds before ending it, then met Abigail's eyes. "I will have to be going. I'll try to contact the young lady, I will let you know after doing that."

"Alright," Abigail pulled herself up. "I will let know my next plan on tracking James if I've gotten his address."

They both walked out of Lola's office.

After Abigail left Lola's office, she drove straight down to John's grave. She had planned visiting the place the night before, and there she was, with tears rolling down her cheek, she stood at the front of the grave, with flowers in her arms, staring at John's picture as if he was there with her.

She slowly placed the flower on the grave top, then went down on her kneels, and wiped the tears off her face.

"John?" She said soberly. "John? Answer me. I know you're there. Wake up John, this is not the time to sleep, you have to help me find who murdered you."

Abigail's tears was flowing freely. "Arise and review your murderer, I can't do this alone. You need to come out and avenge your death." She said, weeping. "John? Talk to me. I know you're there, please show me who killed you. I'm doing this for you. John?" Abigail placed her hands on the grave, and wept for a very long moment.

At once the sky became dark and a cold wind went through the environment.

"Abigail?"

Abigail turned toward the voice, shocked to see John smiling at her from afar. She narrowed her eyes in surprise. "John."

"Come." John said.

Without thinking twice, Abigail ran toward him and threw herself into his arms. "John."

John held her tight. "Abigail? I missed you."

"I missed you too," she stared in his eyes. "Where have you been?"

John smiled. "I've been around. How are you?"

"I'm fine, I'm was so worried about you." She said and buried her head in his chest, feeling happy to see him.

"What took you so long?" John asked, his voice was very soft. "You know we're supposed to attend a birthday party."

"I'm sorry I was at the saloon when you called."

"It's okay," he said. "It's good you're here now, it's never too late for anything."

Abigail nodded. "Yes."

"We need to get going," he said. "Jessica won't forgive me if I didn't arrive on time."

Abigail nodded and they both walked toward a white jeep that was parked at the front of the house.

"I forgets something inside," John said. "Could you help me get it?"

"What?"

"My wristwatch." He said. "It's inside the flower pot in my bedroom."

Abigail laughed. "How could you keep a wristwatch in a flower pot?"

"It fell inside, and I let it be." He smiled.

"Okay let me quickly go get it." Abigail said and walked toward the front door.

She pulled the front door opened and went straight to John's bedroom. She opened the bedroom door and stopped, her eyes widened in a big shock. Right in front of her was John, in his pool of blood. "John!!" She screamed.

Abigail's eyes snapped opened at once and quickly pulled herself up. What? She had fallen asleep. How come? She checked her wristwatch, and realised she had fell asleep for almost an hour. She shivered as a harsh cold consumed her body. Abigail widened her eyes toward John's picture in disbelief. She wanted to turn and leave, but her legs were too heavy to move. All she could do was staring at John's picture, apparently caught up in her own thought.

Finally, she let out a long hard breath and walked toward her car, then stopped and turned, stared at John's grave for few seconds before entering the car.

As she was driving home, the memory of her dream at the grave side filled her mind, playing it over and over again, trying to put meaning to it. The dream didn't point out anything significant. A wristwatch in a flower pot? What's that got to do with the investigation? Attending Jessica's party? She let out a soft breath.

Why didn't John just go ahead and tell her the killer? She thought about the dream for a long moment. Maybe John reviewed himself to her just to assure her he's with her. Oh yes, thats it, she thought. No, John mentioned Jessica's birthday party, and that was the day he was murdered. Did Jessica knows something about his death? Or could she be the one that murdered John? A lot went through Abigail's mind on her way home.

She rolled the car into her compound at the front of her apartment, then got out of it. Feeling very tired, she walked toward the front door of her apartment and pulled it opened. Stepping inside her sitting room, her eyes went wide in disbelief, everything in her sitting were scattered. "What..."

Fear gripped her spirit....

©Harry Enomamien ..2018

2 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:24am On May 07, 2018
daviesblaze:
harry hwva, your update don dey slow na angry
grin
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:25am On May 07, 2018
chivera018:
Abigail has finally dragged herself into trouble.

Harry, thanks for the update.
smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:27am On May 07, 2018
aprilwise:
Abigail never knew the danger that is ahead of her. I know she will survive.
smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:28am On May 07, 2018
labelle123:
Never tell people your plan instead show them result .Abigail no try at all
grin Thanks for reading.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by rukidanty: 7:56am On May 07, 2018
thanks for the updates.. really appreciated it.. more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by becca2017(f): 10:11am On May 07, 2018
empress101:
I suspect Andrew...

Seconded..

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by izaray(f): 11:11am On May 07, 2018
I'm enjoying this story like kilode cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Missmossy(f): 11:58am On May 07, 2018
Abigail has to be very careful, it's getting more deadly lipsrsealed keep it coming, more wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by ebonyfaf(f): 3:30pm On May 07, 2018
Danger is looming for Abigail. I hope she realizes quickly and act fast!!!

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 4:39pm On May 07, 2018
rukidanty:
thanks for the updates.. really appreciated it.. more ink to ur pen
Thank you dearie...

God bless you.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 4:42pm On May 07, 2018
izaray:
I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Keep on reading smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 4:44pm On May 07, 2018
izaray:
I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Keep on reading. smiley

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 4:52pm On May 07, 2018
Missmossy:
Abigail has to be very careful, it's getting more deadly lipsrsealed keep it coming, more wisdom.
Amen...

Thanks dearie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.