Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,066 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Tales Of Abigail - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Abigail (68467 Views)

Tales Of An ASHEWO (18+) / Tales Of A Keke Napep Driver / Tales Of A College Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Donyai: 8:30am On May 09, 2018
Hmm crazy mehn lets continue Asap

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by labelle123(f): 9:22am On May 09, 2018
I no trust this Andrew

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2018
Chapter Thirteen

"Damn it. " James slammed his right arm against the wall, boiling madly. The fact that Abigail escaped in his presence, with his own very gun made him feel like a failure. She would relocate to a faraway land with his gold. A gold artifact which his parents claimed to be the gods of twins (ere ibeji). It was said the artifact was invoked by the late king from the spiritual ream and presented it to his grandchildren being the first twins in the royal family. The artifact has the image of human, male and female about one feet tall. The first and the last of it's kind.

A lot of white men tried to purchase it with millions of dollars during the twins festival that always hold every end of the year at the king's palace. The last time before John's murder, it was priced for a hundred million dollars, but his twin brother refused to sell,  rather, he was  Worshiping it.

James directed his gaze toward the door as it was slowly opened, staring at Spenky as he walked in.

"We've checked her apartment," Spenky said. "There was no traces of her."

"Where is silva? "

"He would be here any moment."

James nodded. "How about Dan? "

"Still receiving treatment, the bullet had cost a lot of damages to his knee."

James walked toward his chair. "Tell all the guys to get ready we need to find her before she run away with my gold. "

"Yes sir."

James was reaching for a pack of cigarette on his desk when a knock caught his attention.  "Come in."

Silva, a computer genius, walked in. "I can't believe she escaped, how manage? "

"It was my mistake. "

"It a shame, James." Silva took a step forward. "I hate being put on the same job twice, I'm supposed to be in Abuja by now."

James fixed his eyes on his for few seconds, then light up his cigarette. "Sit down."

Silva settled in a chair and dropped the laptop he held on James's desk. "Hope she hasn't left the city." He flipped the laptop opened.

"That's why we need to act fast." James brought the cigarette to his mouth, inhaled deeply and met Spenky's gaze. "You can leave."

Spenky nodded and left the office.

Silva's face was on the computer Monitor. "We'll have to wait till she make or receive a call, only then we would be able to track her location."

James tapped the ash of his burning cigarette into a ash tray that was on his table. "Waiting is a risk, she could move faraway from the city. Can't there other ways to track her?"

Silva glanced at him. "That would be your fault, James. And there's no other way except through her phone call."

James inhaled his cigarette and leaned back in his chair.

Few minutes later, Silva leaned toward his computer. "Got her, 145 Akowonjo road."

James leaned forward. "Where is Akowonjo?"

"Close to Dopemu, about fifteen minutes drive from here."

James quickly picked his phone and pushed in a number. "Get all the guys ready." He said into the phone and ended the call, getting to his feet.

Silva closed his laptop and they both walked out of the house into the compound. Two other guys joined them as they got into a black Lexus jeep and drove off.

Lola rolled her car to a stop behind a knot of cars along the road. She glanced at her wristwatch, then picked her bag from the back seat and got out of the car. In thirty minutes time, she would be on air to present a program, making her appointment with Jessica very quick was her aim, to avoid query from her boss.

She hurried toward the entrance of the hospital and pushed the door opened, then met a nurse at her table. "Good afternoon."

The nurse, a very pretty lady with J Lawrence on her name tag, stared at Lola with a polite smile. "You're welcome madam."

"May I see the doctor, please."

"She's in the emergency room, you could wait for her."

Lola looked at her watch. "Okay, I'll wait but I don't have much time to spend, please inform her that Lola is here to see her."

The nurse replied with a nod, and walked out of the waiting room.

Lola sat beside an old man who was engrossed in his newspaper, then stared at a wall frame that described all parts of the body. She let her eyes settled on it for a moment before pulling her gaze to the television that was hung on the wall. The TV flashed a photo of a lost person, a seventeen years old girl. No one in there seemed to be paying much attention to the broadcast. Most were sited with worried look on their faces.

"Hi," Jessica emerged. "Sorry I kept you waiting, I should have call you to delay your coming but I was too busy to make a call."

Lola got up with a smile. "It's Okay."

"I won't be able to attend to you right now, as you can see I'm still busy, but I would upload the video and send it to your email box." Jessica said.

"No problem," Lola picked her handbag from the chair. "I will be expecting it."

Jessica smiled. "Alright, and remember what I told you, I do not want my name in any of it."

"I will do as I've promised." Lola ended with a soft smile.

"Good. I will send it as soon as I'm through with the patient I'm attending to." Jessica turned and left.

Lola hurried out toward her car. She checked her time again, fifteen minutes left for her to be in office. She opened the driver door, then paused as a black jeep pulled to a stop beside her car, blocking her way out. The tinted window prevented her from seeing the driver.

Two armed police men got down from the vehicle. "Madam you're under arrest." One them said.

Lola frowned. "Under arrest? For what?"

"You will know when you get to the station. Please come with us."

Lola was so surprised. "Can you please tell what is going on?"

"There's no time for explanation, kindly respect yourself and follow us."

Lola still don't know what to make of the situation. "Which of the police station?"

"Ogba police station."

Lola opened her mouth to speak then her ringing phone caught her attention. Her cellphone screen displayed the name of her boss. "Hello."

"Where are you, you're supposed to here by now."

"I've been arrested by some police officers." Lola said into the phone.

"For what?"

"I don't know, they said until I get to the police station."

"Which of the police station?"

"They said Area Ogba police station."

"Okay, I'll be there right away."

Lola ended the call. "Let's go." She told the police men and opened the door to her car.

"You've to come with us in our car."

Lola stared at them with a frown. "What do you mean? I should leave my car here?"

"You can come back for it later."

What is going on? "Can you please tell what is going on? I need to call my lawyer." She held up her phone.

"You're waisting our time madam." One of them said and held her hand. "Get inside the vehicle."

"Let me call my lawyer." Lola protested.

They forced her into the black jeep. There were two other men inside the vehicle, the driver and a guy in black suit beside him at the front seat. The police officers got into the car and they drove away.

As the car diverted to another road, Lola leaned forward. "Where are you taking me to? Is this the road to Ogba?"

"Keep quiet." The one at her right yelled.

"What do you mean?" Lola said in annoyance. "Is this the way to Ogba?"

"If I here anything from you again I will throw you from this moving vehicle."

She narrowed her eyes. "What?"

The driver stared at her through the review mirror and speed up, making Lola to panic.

"Just in case you don't know," the driver said. "You've been kidnapped. So behave yourself."

Lola widened her eyes in disbelief. She had been deceived. Despite the fact that the car air condition was on, Lola was sweating all over her body, her legs began to shake. "Please what have I done, I will give you anything you want, right here, right now, just let me go please." She pleaded.

The vehicle pulled to a stop after about thirty minutes drive. The area was undeveloped and there were only few uncompleted buildings around. Lola shivered in fear pleading for her release with any amount they would demand.

They all got down from the vehicle, at the front of a ten storey building. Lola was shivering in fear as she was been lead into the uncompleted building. She wanted to scream but too scared to open her mouth. They lead her through the staircase to the very last floor of the building, the tenth floor.

What are they going to do to her? They deceived her with the police uniform. What would she do? They do not accept the offer she was trying to offer. Five million, ten million, but rather, she was forced toward one of the windows of a very large hall.

The two men in police uniform held Lola and lifted her up from the floor. Lola widened her eyes full of tears, she was looking at the face of death. There going to throw her down. She was going to die. Insane with panic, she began to scream.

"Put me down, please I beg you!" Lola cried.

Without delay, those that held her up, threw Lola down through the window, from the tenth floor.

©Harry Enomamien..2018

All rights reserved.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 09, 2018
I pray nothing happens to Lola. Harry, you want to give me high blood pressure this night abi...

4 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by aprilwise(m): 10:04pm On May 09, 2018
What is Lola offense?

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:20am On May 10, 2018
chivera018:
I pray nothing happens to Lola.
Harry, you want to give me high blood pressure this night abi...
grin
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2018
Donyai:
Hmm crazy mehn lets continue Asap
smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2018
labelle123:
I no trust this Andrew
Abi..
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 8:53am On May 10, 2018
Chapter Fourteen

Abigail blinked her eyes opened as the sound came to her ears. She shifted in her position, glanced at the wall clock then closed her eyes again, feeling sleepy and weak. The sound came again, a knock on the door, she forced herself up and walked toward the door. It was the hotel room attendant holding a tray of food.

"I brought your order."

"Thank you." Abigail collected the food from him, then closed the door and placed the food on the table. She settled in the chair feeling pains all over her body.

She had planed going to the police station earlier before she fell asleep. The thought of Lola came to her mind, she must have got the video by now, she leaned forward to pick her phone from the table, and pushed in Lola's number. Abigail let out a soft breath, leaning her head against the chair as she was been told by the network provider that the number was not reachable.

She reach for the television remote and flicked on the TV, pulling her gaze to the door as another knock came in, but she silently remained in her chair.

The gentle knock came again. "Abigail open up, it's me."

It was Andrew. She pulled herself up, walked toward the door and pulled it opened.

"How are you feeling?" Andrew walked in.

She closed the door lazily and turned to face him. "I've been sleeping, so weak."

Andrew was holding a small blue polythene bag, he dropped it on the table. "You didn't go for treatment."

She shook her head, sat on the bed and met his eyes. "I'm too weak to go out, I'm feeling pains all over me."

"Sorry, I bought you some drugs." He handed the very small nylon bag to her.

"Thanks," she collected it and pulled herself up. "I need to take a shower."

"You need it." Andrew learned forward, picked a TV remote from the center table, and flicked through the channels, then settled with a news channel. He brought up the volume as the television flashed scenes of a community attacked by herdsmen.

Some minutes later, Abigail walked into the room, dressed but her hair still wet. She walked toward the refrigerator, pulled it opened, then brought out a bottle of water and a glass cup.

"Have you told the police about James?" Andrew stared at her.
She met his gaze. "That would be the first thing I will do tomorrow morning. I will hire a lawyer and file a case against him." The low tone from the TV caught her attention.

".....a popular radio presenter Lola Daniels, was found dead in an uncompleted building..."

Abigail took a step forward. Certain, she didn't hear what she'd thought she had. She stared at Andrew who also stare back in return, her eyes reverted to the television screen as it flashed Lola's photo.

".....her body was discovered earlier this afternoon by the owner of the property who called police to the scene. Lola was a respected figure and a beloved radio personality. This AIT news half hour, stay turned as we go for a commercial break."

The glass cup slipped from Abigail's arm and shattered on the floor. "No, this can't be true."

Andrew quickly got up, held her and slowly sit her down. "Take it easy."

Abigail sobbed before letting the tears flow. "How...could this have happened.." She wept.

"I'm sorry," Andrew sat beside her. "I don't know if Lola's death is connected to the investigation, but if it was, I think you're the next target. I would advice you to leave the city right away."

Abigail shook her head tears. "No, she can't die. She told me she was going to get the video from Jessica, how could...she die.."

"Abigail listen to me.."

"Leave me alone," Abigail snapped and got to her full. "If her death is connected to the investigation, how come the killer knows about it? No one knows about it except the four of us."

Andrew pulled himself up.

Abigail pointed an accusing finger at him. "Don't tell me you don't know something about this, you.?"

Andrew was more than surprised at her reactions. "Abigail?"

"Don't call me," she took a step back. "Please leave this place, now."

"You're mistaking, Abigail."

"Just get out of here," she yelled at him. "Get out."

Andrew stared at her for few seconds, then picked his suit from the chair and walked out of the room.

Abigail went down to the floor, and cried. How come this have happened? She pulled herself up and reached for her ringing phone, her hands were shaking
"Hello."

"Am I speaking with Abigail? This is Jessica."

"Yes, Jessica have you heard the news?"

"I just heard it, that's why I called." Jessica's said from the other end. "I don't know if this have something to do with the video of murder that is with me, I'm really scared. But she told me the investigation had been secret, how many people are involved?"

"Just me, Lola and John's friend, Andrew. Lola told me she was coming to get the video from you."

"She came, but I was busy when she arrived and I promised to send it to her email box and she left."

"I wonder how the killer knows about our plan," Abigail said. "I'm suspecting Andrew, he was with me when Lola told me she was coming to get the video."

"Really? You need to be careful, where are you?"

"I'm in a hotel room."

"We need to see, come over and let's watch the video together to see if it was him."

Abigail check her time, it was 7:38pm. "Tonight?"

"Yes if you could make it. I think it would be better tonight so you can get him arrested tomorrow morning before he plan something harmful against you."

"Where shall we meet?"

"Toyin street, Ikeja. Call me when you get there."

"Okay." She ended the call.

Abigail quickly put on her shoe, carried her bag and left the hotel room. She got to where her car was packed and got inside. As she wanted to turn on the ignition, she saw the unexpected, a Lexus jeep rolling to a stop beside her car.

Her eyes got wide as she saw James and his men coming out of it, but luckily they didn't notice her. She watched them walking into the hotel. Abigail was more than surprised. How did they know where she was? This must be the work of Andrew, she thought. She put on the ignition, driving out of the premises.

James and his men hurried out of the hotel and sighted her car. "Don't let her escape." James screamed.

They quickly got into their vehicle and chased after her in full speed.
Abigail stared at her inner mirror and sighted their vehicle. Fear gripped her. She increased the speed, they must not get to her. Driving straight to the nearest police station was on her mind. Jessica could wait, escaping James and his men was important. She glanced at the mirror again, and drove fast in an unsafe speed.

The roads were fairly clear but there were still plenty of cars for Abigail to weave through. She diverted onto another road and met a traffic. Quickly, she put the car in a reverse but four cars had been behind her. She stared through the side mirror, James and his men were out of the jeep in an instant and approaching.
Their car was about seven cars behind her. She pulled the door opened, got out of it, unable to decide on which way to turn.....

©Harry Enomamien... 2018

All rights reserved.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 8:55am On May 10, 2018
aprilwise:
What is Lola offense?
Keep reading smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 9:18am On May 10, 2018
Harry, i am officially filing a lawsuit against you, for conspiracy and murder of Lola Daniels with your associates.

4 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by ebonyfaf(f): 11:25am On May 10, 2018
Lola cannot die like that oooo. Meanwhile, Andrew is a traitor...
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 11:55am On May 10, 2018
Thumbs up. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by izaray(f): 2:01pm On May 10, 2018
God bless you for this update. Still waiting patiently for the rest sha

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by rukidanty: 2:43pm On May 10, 2018
e Don turn action film o.. I must confess that ur writing skills is really superb... keep it up and more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 4:37pm On May 11, 2018
Chapter Fifteen

Abigail breathed heavily as she ran into a dark street, hoping to find people around to save her from James, but unfortunately the street was quiet with no one. She pulled her gaze around looking for where to hide. Quickly, she ran toward the front of a duplex, and hide herself inside the flowers at the front of the building.

James and his men hurried into the street, their eyes were everywhere, searching every corner. The street has no light but the light of the moon was bright enough for them to see. They scattered themselves along the street searching for her. Abigail remained silent shivering in fear. What would be of her if James laid his hand on her? Feeling very scared.

James and his men moved forward in desperate search. As they got to where Abigail was hiding, a security guard came out of the house. "What do you people want?" He challenged them.

James stared at him with a frown. "We're looking for a lady, she's hiding somewhere around here."

"There's no one around here, please leave before I order you all arrested." The security guard warned.

James stared at him in anger, having no choice but to order his men to come over, while the young security guard watched them leave before returning to his post and closed the gate behind him.

Abigail raised her head a little to have a better view, they've gone out of the street, but she remained there for few minutes just in case.

Her phone rang and she quickly picked the call to silence it. "Hello, Jessica."

"Are you no longer coming?"

"Some guys are after me," Abigail's voice was very low. "I'm hiding somewhere."

"What? Oh my God," Jessica said from the other end. "They've got to you?"

"It James, John's twin brother."

"James? Why would he be doing that?"

"He thought I murdered his brother."

Silence fell at the other end. "Where are you?"

"Somewhere close to Adeniyi Jones."

"Okay, stay right there, I will be there in ten minutes."

"Please hurry."

Abigail ended the call and came out of the flowers. She slowly walked through the dark side of the street, trying without success to remain calm. She got the road and moved faster staring left and right, to make sure they weren't coming after her. A car speed passed her and she jumped in fear, staring behind her, and she started running forward.

She couldn't remember ever been scared like that. What if something happens to her? She stared at her wristwatch, it was getting to 10pm. No one along the road, only moving vehicles. She thought about her car, then wave away the thought, knowing James and his men would hide around knowing she would come back for her car. But she's not a fool, and won't be so foolish to do so. She hurried forward.

At once, a car pulled to a stop beside her, and without thinking Abigail turned toward the next street, running for her life.

The car chased after her. "Abigail wait, it's Jessica."

As the name was mentioned, Abigail stopped at once.

"Come inside, quick." Jessica said while Abigail quickly opened the front door and got in.

"Is James trying to avenge his brother's death or what?" Jessica asked, driving very fast.

"Not really," Abigail stared back throw the back windscreen to see if they're not been followed. "It was the gold the murderer took away after John was murdered. He thought I have it."

"Gold?"

"Yes. I already admitted to him I have it."

"You do, why?"

"It was my only way of escape."

"Have you reported him to the police?" Jessica diverted onto another road, cutting off a bus.

"Everything is happening so fast," Abigail stared back again. "It all started yesterday, and I escaped him this morning with his gun."

Jessica glanced at her. "He has a gun?"

"The guy is dangerous. I was scared he would send his guys after me, that was the reason why I stayed in a hotel. I was so afraid I couldn't get out of there until this evening, but to my very surprise, he was at the hotel with his men to get me."

"You don't mean it? How did he knows you're there?"

"That's what I can't tell." Abigail said. "How he got to know my apartment, my business place, is what I don't know. That's one of the reason why I'm suspecting Andrew, and I have no doubt he could be the one. I was a fool to let him know about the investigation, feeding him with every information."

"Don't worry," Jessica eyes were fixed on the road ahead. "By tomorrow everything would be settled."

"Didn't you recognised him in the video? Haven't you met him before?"

Jessica stared at her side mirror and noticed they're been followed. "They're after us."

Abigail stared back through the windscreen. "Oh my God, fast, fast."

Jessica increased the speed of the car, overtaking a vehicle while Abigail held her phone up to make a call.

"What are you doing?" Jessica asked.

"Calling the police."

"Not yet," Jessica glanced at her. "We need to get the video first before we involve the police."

Abigail stared back again. "What if they get to us?"

Through the side mirror Jessica watched as the car following them coming with speed to catch up with them, but she was a very good driver, diverting from one road to another.

"Go, go, go." Abigail was more than afraid.

Knowing the link roads around the area gave Jessica an advantage, leaving James and his men behind. She came out along Ibadan express road, driving toward Ibadan.

Abigail stared back, and felt relieved as she could no longer see the vehicle chasing them. "Where are we going?"

"There's a small town not faraway from here, we could stay there for a while."

"Okay, that's a good idea."

Jessica slowed down the car and diverted slowly onto another road, passing a sign that reads: Ilapo Town. There were no houses around, only bush, left and right. Jessica wasn't in a hurry anymore, knowing they had escaped. She drove the car slowly and smiled. She never thought things would be that fast, it has save her a lot of time and money. She rolled the car to stop.

Abigail stared at her. "Why do you stop?"

Jessica took her purse and pulled the door opened. "The road ahead is very bad, and I can't risk my car in it. There's a short cut here that lead to the town."

"But it's late and dark out here," Abigail stared at her watch. "It's almost eleven pm. Are you not scared they may be some bad guys around here?"

"We don't have a choice," Jessica got out of the car. "Come let's go."

Abigail got down, feeling scared of the darkness, then followed Jessica who was leading her through a narrow part with the flashlight of her cellphone. All Abigail could hear was the tone of crickets, falling silent as they heard the sounds of footsteps.

After few minutes of walking, Jessica stopped, and turned to face Abigail. "We're finally here."

Abigail narrowed her eyes in surprise, staring around the bush. "Here? You want us to stay in a this bush at this time? But you said there's a small town around here."

Jessica opened her purse. "I'm sorry." She brought out a pistol and pointed it toward Abigail.

Abigail widened her eyes in a dull shook. She was moving back slowly. "Why...are you doing this? Please don't shoot."

"Because you're going to tell the world that I killed John." Jessica took a step forward.

Abigail's eyes got wide the more. "You? killed John?"

"I've not been able to sleep since the day I discovered you're investigating John's murder," Jessica purse fell to the ground and she pointed gun toward Abigail with her two hands. "The day Lola came to my office, I knew that someday you would find out. So I took my chance to save myself."

"You..killed Lola?" Abigail took a step back.

"I was having no choice."

"Why did you kill John?" Abigail's voice was shacking. "Be..because of the gold."

"Because he broke my heart." Jessica took few steps forward while Abigail was moving back. "I did everything to show him I care and loved him. I was expecting him to date me after breaking up with Lola, but instead, he went after you. I was in his apartment on my birthday when he called you to come over, that was the day I got to know he was dating someone else. I couldn't stand it."

"Is that a enough reason to kill a man you claimed you loved?"

"He deserved to die."

"And...the gold?"

"What do you expect? It worth millions of dollars."

Abigail shivered in fear. She thought of running but she knew Jessica would shoot her even before she make two steps. She closed her eyes painfully, she's going to die. Tears welled in her eyes. "Please don't kill me, I promise I won't tell anybody, please I beg you."

"That's a risk I can't take." Jessica placed her finger on the trigger.

"Please don't.." Abigail wept, pleading for her life.

Jessica took a step forward, she was having to time to waste. Suddenly she felt something hit her very hard from behind, her gun fell from her, and slowly she collapsed on the ground.

Abigail widened her eyes toward James and his men. She was more dead than alive, and she wept like a baby.

James pointed his touch toward her and stared at her for few seconds. He held all what Jessica had said and felt pity for Abigail. He pulled his gaze toward Jessica who was struggling on the ground. "Take her away."

Two of his men pulled Jessica up, dragging her out of the bush.

James stared at Abigail again and shook his head. "Do you want to remain here?"

Abigail cried.....

©Harry Enomamien..2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 4:39pm On May 11, 2018
chivera018:
Harry, i am officially filing a lawsuit against you, for conspiracy and murder of Lola Daniels with your associates.
grin grin Funny you.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 4:41pm On May 11, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Thumbs up. Thanks for the update.
You're welcome..

Thanks for reading.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 4:42pm On May 11, 2018
izaray:
God bless you for this update. Still waiting patiently for the rest sha
Amen...

Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 4:44pm On May 11, 2018
rukidanty:
e Don turn action film o.. I must confess that ur writing skills is really superb... keep it up and more ink to ur pen
Thanks dearie.

God bless you smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 11, 2018
Wow ! See the way you proved all of us wrong, no one even suspected Jessica. Harry you deserve an award.

Am not filing lawsuit against you again.
Well done Mr. Harry the writer.

4 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 11, 2018
Harrystories u got us real good.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Ann2012(f): 7:52pm On May 11, 2018
Thank God Abigail is safe

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by aprilwise(m): 8:57pm On May 11, 2018
the story has a lot of twist. I was thinking Andrew was the killer of John. thanks for sharing this masterpiece with us.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by labelle123(f): 9:25pm On May 11, 2018
chai see construction following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by mikelife15(m): 12:26am On May 12, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]mr harry u are really good. GOD BLESS for this story

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 12, 2018
Harrystories how far Na??

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 8:16pm On May 12, 2018
chivera018:
Wow ! See the way you proved all of us wrong, no one even suspected Jessica. Harry you deserve an award.

Am not filing lawsuit against you again.
Well done Mr. Harry the writer.
grin Thanks dearie.

Cheers!
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2018
ndy87:
Harrystories how far Na??
My next uprate will be on Monday.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 9:53pm On May 12, 2018
mikelife15:
[color=#006600][/color]mr harry u are really good. GOD BLESS for this story
Amen and you too...

Thanks for reading.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 12, 2018
harrystories:
My next uprate will be on Monday.

Nawa o. Diaris God o.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2018
Chapter Sixteen

Jessica woke up in a darkroom and tried to pulled herself up and realised her hand had been tied to the other. Not only her hands, her legs were also tied with a strong wire. She wriggle like a worm on a hook, searching for weakness in the links, a gap that would allow her to slip her bonds. She remain still as the door was slowly opened.

James walked in with spenky and put on the light. He stared at Jessica with cold eyes before walking toward her. He pulled her head up with her hair, looking straight in her eyes. "Where is the gold you took after killing my brother?"

Jessica coughed. "I...I.."

"Speak up," James yelled.

"I will explain." Her voice was very weak.

James released her while Jessica raised her head in pain from the floor. Her mouth was too heavy to open.

"Now talk."

Jessica sob some few sob before opening her mouth to speak. "I lost it."

"What?"

"It was stolen from my apartment two days after John was murdered." Jessica managed to speak.

"Don't lie to me." James yelled and kicked her. "If you don't tell me where the gold is, I'm going to kill you, right here, right now."

Jessica struggled in pain. "Please do it."

With annoyance, James hit her face with the back of his hand. "Tell me where the hell you kept my gold?"

She struggled but remained silent. All she wanted was to die. What would be of her if she was handed over to the police? Things would be very ugly. She can't stand the shame and she was wishing to die right there. "Please kill me."

James went down and held her neck tight. "Fine, if that is what you want, your death will be a horrible one because I'm going to cut your body into pieces. But before then, tell where you've kept the gold."

Jessica remained silent.

James stared at Spenky who had been staring silently. "Get me my gun."

Spenky replied with a nod and walked out of the room.

James paced the room silently. If what Jessica had said is true, then he would have no choice but to kill her. He was sad for losing the gold, and blamed his late brother for everything.

He stared at Jessica. "I'm going kill everybody if you refused to produce the gold. All your family would pay for it with there lives. Your kids, your hubby, everyone will die."

Jessica didn't reply. She remained on the floor with her eyes closed. If only she wasn't tired, she would have killed herself. Truly, the gold was stolen from her. Who and how was something she didn't understand.

A police vehicle pulled to a stop at the front James duplex and another white Honda SUV stopped behind it. Four armed police men hurried out of the vehicle while Andrew and Abigail got out of the Honda car.

"This way." Andrew lead the police men toward the gate and knocked.

The gate was opened by a tall muscular man, staring at the police men with a frown. Before he could open his mouth to speak, the police men pushed him out of the way and they all walked into the compound.

"Hurry," Abigail's lead the way toward the front door.

Before they could get to the door, it was opened and Spenky walked out of the house staring with his eyes narrowed.

"Where is James?" Andrew asked.

"James?" Spenky said. "What..."

Before he could finished his words, the policemen walked passed him into the house while Andrew and Abigail quickly followed.

"Wait," Spenky tried to stop them.

James pulled Jessica up from the floor and placed his gun at her forehead. "Tell me where the gold is?" He yelled.

"Shoot..me," Jessica's voice was not more than a whisper.

The policemen hurried into the room. "Enough," the most senior officer said.

James stared at them with cold eyes, surprised to see Andrew and Abigail as they walked into the room.

"Mr James, you can't take the law into your hands." The policeman said and walked toward Jessica. "Mrs Jessica, you're under arrest."

"I won't let you take away," James voice was very loud. "Not until she provide my gold."

Andrew stared at him. "The police will help you get your gold."

"Bullshit." James met Andrew's gaze. "How dare you?"

"I'm sorry, but we need to follow the right procedure."

James stared at Abigail who was standing with her hands crossed over her chest. "And you?"

Abigail pulled her face away from his.

The policemen untied Jessica and pulled her to her feet, taking her out of the room.

"I want my gold," James yelled at them.

"Mr James," the senior officer turned to face him. "It would be better if you let us do our job."

James stared silently in anger.

The police station's premises was crowded with pressmen and women. Vehicles from different TV stations and cars that carried prominent logos of radio stations, all lined at the front of the police station.

Eager faces, microphones, cameras not only invaded the police vehicle space as it pulled to a stop but decimated it. The reporters nearly salivated as they shouted out questions.

"Why did you killed John?"

"What's your relationship with him?"

"Is it true you killed him because of gold?"

Jessica slowly followed the policemen passed the crowd, ignoring the questions of the reporters.

The second Abigail stepped out of the car, a mob of reporters surrounded her on the every side, many shoving cameras in her face. A male reporter started with a round of questions.

Abigail directed her eyes toward the cameras, and gently answered their questions one after the other.

©Harry Enomamien.. 2018

All rigrights reserved.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.