Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” (39595 Views)

‘headies Is Yoruba Award, No Igbo Artist Performed Or Won An... / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by egorov(m): 11:00am On May 08, 2018
Nigeria, igbo fighting other tribes, Hausa fighting themselves, Yorubas looking on. Igbos clamouring for dominance, Hausas clamouring for power, Yorubas clamouring to be godfathers. I don't see a country moving forward Without unity. If I were to be the boss of that OAP, i would have fired him for that hate speech.
This is one of the dilemma being described by Adebayo Faleke; Tribalism, chauvinism and bigotry. May God help us.

Blacks dominate the music industry in the USA, whites dominate politics, sports. No one is complaining, everyone doing their thing and the country is progressing, but in my country, everything is related to tribalism..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by hotwax: 11:01am On May 08, 2018
kendrick93:
Mad over u was the biggest hit over any of davido's...
I'm still shocked that song didn't receive any award

Biggest hit really. If I tell say I hate you ooo...my gun na for your head...30 cutlass for your chest ooo.

Now I believe music is not Igbo calling. Leave music to Yorubas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by vickydevoka(m): 11:02am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

More people and relevant stakeholders are beginning to see the bigotry in that awards programme, and its relevance will keep dropping.

I give 5 years at most. It would become an egbe omo oduduwa show ignored by sensible people.
throughout last year in JOS na MAD over YOU.

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 11:02am On May 08, 2018
agadez007:
What is this one talking about,what yoruba slangs,are Sean tizzle,skibii, not Yorubas,why have they not blown yet with all their yoruba slangs?

Mumu logic
He is telling you that the song has to have Yoruba elements to win the headies and yet some people are still arguing that the award is not bigoted.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by frankIzuchukwu(m): 11:02am On May 08, 2018
agadez007:
Tekno has been releasing hits back to back but hr never got nominated for anything at all
Even Flavour who is great in Stage performance was robbed as the award was given to Yemi Alade
What do I know self?

That particular award really scare me,since Is not on voting category
Yemi ahead of flavour on stage performance
alright there is God ooo

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by agadez007(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2018
Biodun1929:

Insult as usual. I didn't expect anything less.

You listed just three, that's cool, but can you compare that to the dozens of Yoruba musicians that are popping right now? Yoruba people dominate the music industry in Nigeria right now; that's a fact. I ain't saying this cos I am Yoruba, it is a fact. I won't go and say Yoruba dominate Nollywood when I know Igbos dominate in that industry... but you don't see me shouting marginalization. Some people are just better at some things than others. But it seems you guys have a superiority complex.

Below are the hottest musicians in Nigeria right now...

*Davido
*Wizkid
*Tekno
*Tiwa Savage
*Olamide
*Phyno
Kiss Daniel
*Simi
*Yemi Alade
*Small Doctor

How many of them are igbo, and how many are popping right now? What are the hottest songs in the country right now? Who sang them?
the way you guys hype small doctor eh,one would think he is that good
I only knew him when I got to Lagos, dude is a Fuji singer but using Afrobeat

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by vickydevoka(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2018
After all de rubbish way him write de only truth na song of the year. #MAD OVER YOU

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 11:04am On May 08, 2018
vickydevoka:
throughout last year in JOS na MAD over YOU.
Everywhere in Africa and Europe and the Caribbean.
Mad over you was rocking and the views are still increasing.
If not that davido was too hot, the runtown nigga deserves artist of the year.
But the fact that he could not even win one single category is just sick.

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by agadez007(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2018
frankIzuchukwu:

That particular award really scare me,since Is not on voting category
Yemi ahead of flavour on stage performance
alright there is God ooo
have you seen Flavour perform on stage?

No Nigerian can Ever beat him in that but no Yemi alade that has nothing to offer at all won it
These people should at least fear God

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kenex4ever(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2018
sod09:
when tecno was nominated for next rated he had no album
up till now i dont think he still have one, the criteria for next rated is for upcoming or fast rising who dont have album yet
when did dbanj have his first album? Some artists don't do album early in their career.

Dbanj was among d top 3 artists in Nigeria without an album.

If na so them for give all these upcoming artist in Nigeria with 10 albums and no hit.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nowenuse: 11:06am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

Are you high?

Have igbos dominated the BBN yearly? Is the ethnic dominance consistent?

And who even told you that your people didn't complain. You must have been blind not to see your fellow afonja empty heads complaining like idiots.

Even the number of housemates this year had far more yorubas who all fell along the way.

Besides, how can you compare BBN to a music Award?

It sucks to be Yoruba. It sucks to be you.

Why did you not talk about Nollywood and the Nigerian football team that has always been dominated by igbos and nobody complains?

Mind you I'm from the middlebelt, but this attitude you Igbos sometimes exhibit is really sickening.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kendrick93(m): 11:07am On May 08, 2018
hotwax:

Biggest hit really. If I tell say I hate you ooo...my gun na for your head...30 cutlass for your chest ooo.

Now I believe music is not Igbo calling. Leave music to Yorubas.
shut up u big fool..
mad over had more downloads,had more YouTube views, played across all radio stations in Africa(if u have have travelled outside u will know this)...
run town mad over has the highest views on YouTube ever by a Nigerian alongside psquare's personally...
u telling me that song didn't deserve an award?

5 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by frankIzuchukwu(m): 11:07am On May 08, 2018
Biodun1929:

Insult as usual. I didn't expect anything less.

You listed just three, that's cool, but can you compare that to the dozens of Yoruba musicians that are popping right now? Yoruba people dominate the music industry in Nigeria right now; that's a fact. I ain't saying this cos I am Yoruba, it is a fact. I won't go and say Yoruba dominate Nollywood when I know Igbos dominate in that industry... but you don't see me shouting marginalization. Some people are just better at some things than others. But it seems you guys have a superiority complex.

Below are the hottest musicians in Nigeria right now...

*Davido
*Wizkid
*Tekno
*Tiwa Savage
*Olamide
*Phyno
Kiss Daniel
*Simi
*Yemi Alade
*Small Doctor

How many of them are igbo, and how many are popping right now? What are the hottest songs in the country right now? Who sang them?
No Runtown and pastoran
you day high

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Chiedu4Trump: 11:07am On May 08, 2018
madridguy:
I mention any tribe?

U made reference to these people, and the people in discussion are igbos.

Oh boy go face ya Benue oh, dem wan exterminate una.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by agadez007(m): 11:08am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

He is telling you that the song has to have Yoruba elements to win the headies and yet some people are still arguing that the award is not bigoted.
even their own singers add Igbo to their songs now
Wizkid manya was 70% igbo
Tiwa savage add Igbo to her songs
Davido cant do without Igbo names in his songs,Obianuju,Ada and now chioma

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by sod09(m): 11:10am On May 08, 2018
kenex4ever:
when did dbanj have his first album? Some artists don't do album early in their career.

Dbanj was among d top 3 artists in Nigeria without an album.

If na so them for give all these upcoming artist in Nigeria with 10 albums and no hit.
i just told you what i read about headies next rated criteria

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by DefSimple: 11:10am On May 08, 2018
Hardamz:
Alaye Wetin U Dey Type?
U have a problem understanding simple English.!
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by agadez007(m): 11:10am On May 08, 2018
Last year they said The reason they put Tekno in the Next rated is Because he dosent have an Album yet,pray tell how many Albums does Aramide have

Nonsense and Ingredient

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by hotwax: 11:11am On May 08, 2018
kendrick93:
shut up u big fool..
mad over had more downloads,had more YouTube views, played across all radio stations in Africa(if u have have travelled outside u will know this)...
run town mad over has the highest views on YouTube ever by a Nigerian alongside psquare's personally...
u telling me that song didn't deserve an award?

Your father na fool.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Timhigher(m): 11:11am On May 08, 2018
This OAP is so dwarf Is 2face not from d east Wat of praiz

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Davryme(m): 11:12am On May 08, 2018
Never knew 2baba and MI have turned Yorubas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kenex4ever(m): 11:13am On May 08, 2018
sod09:
i just told you what i read about headies next rated criteria
I read something different

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 11:13am On May 08, 2018
hotwax:

Who is listening to Mad over you? That wack song?
So you thats your best song in your potopoto village.
Your foolishness is funny.
Go and listen to shits like reminisce and mayorkun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kmaster007: 11:15am On May 08, 2018
Dem dey use headies collect money for bank.... Biko say sumtin else. my brother time for business.
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Biodun1929(m): 11:15am On May 08, 2018
Thatitan234:

Please don't think anything.
Igbos are known to play vivtim and cry foul everytime.
In 2016, 4 Igbo artists won 5 awards. Patoranking Illbliss Harrisong and phyno. Them no see that one.

Mad over you was hotter than FIA but no be today headies dey Rob person of award.
So it is anything but tribalism.

Meanwhile, Lagos is the center of entertainment. If you can't hit well in Lagos, you never hit.
They be shouting Zoro Zoro everywhere. How many people sabi Zoro for Lagos. E neva blow reach Maleek talkless Mayorkun. Shioor.

Igbos should just organize their own Music award and give people like Zoro Artist of the year.

lol! Please don't kill me with laugh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 11:16am On May 08, 2018
agadez007:
Last year they said The reason they put Tekno in the Next rated is Because he dosent have an Album yet,pray tell how many Albums does Aramide have

Nonsense and Ingredient
No, she is the drummer for ogun. So she merits a headies.

Funny people.
They think they are smarter than others.

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Biodun1929(m): 11:17am On May 08, 2018
agadez007:
the way you guys hype small doctor eh,one would think he is that good
I only knew him when I got to Lagos, dude is a Fuji singer but using Afrobeat

I'm not hyping him, I don't even listen to him, but his PENALTY song was one of the hottest songs last year... people are still jamming it till now. That is a fact... not personal opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Biodun1929(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2018
frankIzuchukwu:
No Runtown and pastoran you day high
Please name one Runtown hit song that was released this year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by sod09(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2018
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by SirBunky85(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2018
DefSimple:
I pray never to lose Respect the way Headies award has lost it's respect & prestige..
dey lost respect cuz no igbo won an award abi?u guys keep making noise abt davido winning song of d year instead of runtown but una forget say mad over u was there when davidos IF won a mobo award and some other internartionl awards.mtv music africa award would soon come up and davido would still win an award with IF.lets see wat award runtown would win.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by zolacoded(m): 11:21am On May 08, 2018
Drchristian:

i'm not Yoruba too and I don't know any Igbo artist. come to south south, we play Yoruba artist and south south artist more than igbo.

I think d west are doing better in the entertainment industry.
God bless u left, right, front, back, middle & CENTRE.... lool

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by SirBunky85(m): 11:22am On May 08, 2018
DefSimple:
I pray never to lose Respect the way Headies award has lost it's respect & prestige..
dey lost respect cuz no igbo won an award abi?u guys keep making noise abt davido winning song of d year instead of runtown but una forget say mad over u was there when davidos IF won a mobo award and some other internartionl awards.mtv music africa award would soon come up and davido would still win an award with IF.lets see wat award runtown would win.since its a yoruba award,i expected the mumu oap to advise our igbo brothers never to submit dia songs to the headies mgt for nomination.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.