Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” (39587 Views)

‘headies Is Yoruba Award, No Igbo Artist Performed Or Won An... / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by tishbite41(m): 10:38am On May 08, 2018
Omololu2121:
What a stupid idiot.

Majority of the artist that performed during the BBN show are Yoruba's, is BBN also a Yoruba program?

Tell me an Igbo female musician that is as good as Simisola or tiwa savage.

Olamide is presently better than phyno,tekno has nothing on davido
even davido is grateful to tekno for his current run of hits.

4 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Afam4eva(m): 10:39am On May 08, 2018
Biodun1929:
Apart from P Square, Tekno, and Phyno, can he list 5 A list igbo musicians? The thing is, Yoruba people are more into music than people of any other tribe, so it is only natural that they would dominate the awards. When P Square were in their prime, they were winning multiple awards at the Headies, but their split gave room to guys like Davido and Wizkid to totally dominate. Let's not always make everything about tribe.
Flavour, Runtown, Patoranking etc? Are you this blind?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Debazent1: 10:39am On May 08, 2018
Hmmm,you are def right
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:39am On May 08, 2018
99miles:
Afonjas and tribalism are like nija turtles and pizzas.
A shitty drummer won the award in a category that had a whole flavour nabania.

They don't even know how to be tribalistic with sense.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Navalsadiq(m): 10:39am On May 08, 2018
madridguy:
grin grin grin grin ayam tired of this people. Anything that favors Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani always give them headache. I tire for una ooooo
they are very jealous and Bittered people

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Jimmy231: 10:39am On May 08, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Marginalising Igbos in awards again, are you mentally okay?

Stop talking nonsense. Which useless war? Have your fathers ever won a single war since the entire history of your tribe?

Last time they went to war, you were beaten like drums.
bigger for nothing abi waiting be your name you lack common sense mention how many artist in eastern part If not Lagos you want fight war you go ask ogukwu your grand father where is Nnamdi Kanu coward igbo always like to start what they can not finish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Thatitan234(m): 10:39am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

It is not a one -off something.

It is a consistent show of bigotry so people are right to complain.

if the organisers explain that the headies award is an egbe omo -oduduwa wankfestt, then it would be stupid of me to complain.

You can't call it a Nigerian musical award and you expect me not to complain when ngbatii -ngbatii nonetities are honoured instead of better content.

Phyno outshined the vulgar reminisce this year in terms of high quality hits. Guess who won the best rap?

And it is not just a one -off aberration . The controversy is yearly.

MI won best rap single and lyricist.
Reminisce won best Rap album.
Phyno released his last album in 2016. And won an award same year.

So whachu saying??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by sokera: 10:39am On May 08, 2018
This is one thing I hate about Igbo people , they are the problem of this country , they are quick to cry and see what others are not even thinking about ... igbos dominates Nigeria football teams and no tribe as ever shout foul or argue about that ... the whole Nigeria love the fact that Igbo dominate our football team and they are doing us proud , we love them ... why igbos not not just accept that Yoruba dominates music industry, your song can’t be 100 percent hit without putting one or two Yoruba language or Yoruba slags ... that is because Yoruba are natural musicain in nature ... Yoruba language blend well in music and yoruba do more of parties and merry ..... Igbo will be shouting marginalized like other tribe are not suffering what they are suffering... igbos need to let that their greed stop at eastern part of nigeria , they should not spread that bad habit all of over nigeria ...

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Niyinficient(m): 10:40am On May 08, 2018
Wow.

I believes its because the entertainment hub of the nation is in Yorubaland and again Yorubas aint doing bad musically. Artistes currently on top of their games are mostly Yorubas. Personally, i think Johny Drille should have won the award Simi won. Someone talked about Reminisce and Phyno...guy, it the year under review, Alaga has done well than Phyno...i like Phyno to the bone but my guy was a bit relaxed last year.

OP only gave his opinion and he even shaded Igbos more...i dont see why pple are abusing the guy.

Yes....the National Team is dominated by Igbos for years now and we wont complain cos in Sports we are united...so why cant be united in the Entertainment world?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by koladebrainiac(m): 10:40am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

Delusion must be the trait of your family line.
lol I am not.it's you guys that are suffering from inferiority complex now.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by proxillin(m): 10:40am On May 08, 2018
2Face is from Benue state. Not Igbo. Thanks. Dont claim him.

Please who in the whole Igbo musicians is as popular or productive as Wizkid?

Badbelle bigoted tribe feeling inferior

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:41am On May 08, 2018
Afam4eva:
No ,reminisce ,simi and aramude are better than them.
The guts on these Yoruba people.

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by koolbe(m): 10:41am On May 08, 2018
Why bring tribe into this? Lagos is d entertainment capital of Africa. Lagos is Yoruba land. We have more Yoruba artists!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Jimmy231: 10:41am On May 08, 2018
Afam4eva:

shey patoranky no win next rated tribalism abeg make I ask where is Nnamdi kanu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Enemyofpeace: 10:41am On May 08, 2018
See him teeth like Chelsea goal post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by EarthXmetahuman: 10:42am On May 08, 2018
[s]
CSTR1003:

Are you high?

Have igbos dominated the BBN yearly? Is the ethnic dominance consistent?

And who even told you that your people didn't complain. You must have been blind not to see your fellow afonja empty heads complaining like idiots.

Even the number of housemates this year had far more yorubas who all fell along the way.

Besides, how can you compare BBN to a music Award?

It sucks to be Yoruba. It sucks to be you.
[/s]bbn started last year.. Akuri

Igbos have been dominating Nigeria football since 1994, no one complained. Despite you Igbos rubbing it in our faces.

Are you saying those who won the award don't deserve it? We shouldn't give award to those who deserve it again cos they are Yoruba?

You must be very mad.

When the like of tecno or phyno won it last year, what did they do?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Thewesterner(m): 10:42am On May 08, 2018
From their comments

Foolishness just like Peak it in them

Why is it all those artists will have to relocate to LAGOS the moment they start making headway? Why not Onitsha? Or Warri?

Why do they always try to inculcate yoruba words and slang in their songs?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:42am On May 08, 2018
proxillin:
2Face is from Benue state. Not Igbo. Thanks. Dont claim him.

Please who in the whole Igbo musicians is as popular or productive as Wizkid?

Badbelle bigoted tribe feeling inferior
Please tell me one wizkid song in the year in review that was as productive ,ingenious and widespread as runtown mad over you.

6 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by BiggerbossAmani(m): 10:43am On May 08, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Marginalising Igbos in awards again, are you mentally okay?

Stop talking nonsense. Which useless war? Have your fathers ever won a single war since the entire history of your tribe?

Last time they went to war, you were beaten like drums.
that's why am try to warn you guys to stop this TRIBALISM, because when it will lead to war I doubt if you guys yoruba hausa will survive what will befall on your tribes.

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 10:43am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:
And yet it has significant views on YouTube.
Are you tired of wishing igbos dead, you poisonous hermaphrodite.
whose wishing you people dead?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by vickydevoka(m): 10:43am On May 08, 2018
I no be igbo. but if ma song of year. I swear an MAD OVER YOU. no doubt

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Enemyofpeace: 10:44am On May 08, 2018
sokera:
This is one thing I hate about Igbo people , they are the problem of this country , they are quick to cry and see what others are not even thinking about ... igbos dominates Nigeria football teams and no tribe as ever shout foul or argue about that ... the whole Nigeria love the fact that Igbo dominate our football team and they are doing us proud , we love them ... why igbos not not just accept that Yoruba dominates music industry, your song can’t be 100 percent hit without putting one or two Yoruba language or Yoruba slags ... that is because Yoruba are natural musicain in nature ... Yoruba language blend well in music and yoruba do more of parties and merry ..... Igbo will be shouting marginalized like other tribe are not suffering what they are suffering... igbos need to let that their greed stop at eastern part of nigeria , they should not spread that bad habit all of over nigeria ...
God bless you jare

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by sokera: 10:44am On May 08, 2018
Niyinficient:
Wow.

I believes its because the entertainment hub of the nation is in Yorubaland and again Yorubas aint doing bad musically. Artistes currently on top of their games are mostly Yorubas. Personally, i think Johny Drille should have won the award Simi won. Someone talked about Reminisce and Phyno...guy, it the year under review, Alaga has done well than Phyno...i like Phyno to the bone but my guy was a bit relaxed last year.

OP only gave his opinion and he even shaded Igbos more...i dont see why pple are abusing the guy.

Yes....the National Team is dominated by Igbos for years now and we wont complain cos in Sports we are united...so why cant be united in the Entertainment world?
we can’t be united in anything that igbos are not dominating...we are only united in sport because other tribes accept the fact that Igbos are doing us proud in that aspect, but once anything does not goes Igbo ways it’s called marginalized... igbos like wahala too much ...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by 9gerian: 10:45am On May 08, 2018
I guess MOBO awards is also Yoruba. It is bad to clamour for merit but denounce the same when not favored. This is especially so when other independent / international records lend credence to what is being contested.

Be objective always or lose the privilege to be heard. That's the rule for criticism; objectivity!

ZeroLatest:
A Nigerian man naed mc_akonuche Just took to his instagram account to say this, what are your Thoughts??

For d past 6 years iv been on radio iv come to realise DAT there is particularly a special type of segregation bw d Eastern Nigerian musicians n d westerners.. But with critical analysis, I noticed DAT d Easterners contributed so much to dia own problem.. Its very hard for Igbo artistes who has made it to support rising fellow artist .maybe bc d rising artists however don’t also support them.. Look at d sponsor’s of @the_headies ,not even one big man or company from d east,all sponsors r from Yoruba..why won’t d Igbo’s nt be segregated n nt given awards?? We make so much money n all in our mind is only business n nobody is thinking about improving entertainment in east just very few like SIR EMEKA OFFOR had in d past contributed to entertainment.

Look at d #12thheadies last nit..from d red carpet, no Igbo anchor, no Igbo presented an award, except Ebuka who of course is a Yoruba personality, no Igbo artist performed n no Igbo artist won an award in all categories. Even SONG OF D YEAR DAT was supposed to go to MAD OVER U BY @runtown was given to a Yoruba Artist.. I work on d radio n I call tell u DAT MAD OVER U received high air play from December 2016 wen it dropped till mid 2017 wen IF by DAVIDO came out..
But wot do I know? I’m just an ordinary OAP

With dis analysis, I’m finding it difficult to accept DAT #Headies is a Nigerian award..I feel its more of a YORUBA AWARD even though d Igbo’s contributed as d architect of their own problem n therefore I’m calling out d whole Igbo Artist to come out n support their up rising artists just like @davidoofficial is doing n let our rich Igbo men try n support entertainment… If u attack me on MY wall,be rest assured DAT u will be BLOCKED.. I JUST SAID MY MIND.. HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

Source: https://forum.zerolatest.com/threads/the-headies-is-a-yoruba-award-they-didnt-give-award-to-one-single-igbo-person-nigerian-man-akonuche.24/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Enemyofpeace: 10:45am On May 08, 2018
Lloydfolarin:

What a worthless thing

If i were Igbo, i ll kill my father from bringing me to this world as an Ibo child.

What a useless tribe
Omo you dey vex o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by package7(m): 10:45am On May 08, 2018
MC A. You are a typical igbo man that started Biafra war... You don't reason with your brain any longer,,but through your anu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by agadez007(m): 10:45am On May 08, 2018
Tekno has been releasing hits back to back but hr never got nominated for anything at all
Even Flavour who is great in Stage performance was robbed as the award was given to Yemi Alade
What do I know self?

4 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by SoNature(m): 10:45am On May 08, 2018
Trustworthiness:

The number one problem of this country called Nigeria are the South east people. They always attribute everything to tribalism when things did not go thier way. The main headache of the nation called Nigeria. Bunch of greedy, proud and egoistic, self centered, and all negative attitudes infected people. Hypocrites.

Shvt your trap, brat.

And when you see them protesting for secession you want Buhari to use the military and shell them all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Ellabae(f): 10:46am On May 08, 2018
Drchristian:

i'm not Yoruba too and I don't know any Igbo artist. come to south south, we play Yoruba artist and south south artist more than igbo.

I think d west are doing better in the entertainment industry.
Ok guess we are all entitled to our own opinion.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.