Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” (39593 Views)

‘headies Is Yoruba Award, No Igbo Artist Performed Or Won An... / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Ellabae(f): 10:46am On May 08, 2018
Thatitan234:

Please don't think anything.
Igbos are known to play vivtim and cry foul everytime.
In 2016, 4 Igbo artists won 5 awards. Patoranking Illbliss Harrisong and phyno. Them no see that one.

Mad over you was hotter than FIA but no be today headies dey Rob person of award.
So it is anything but tribalism.

Meanwhile, Lagos is the center of entertainment. If you can't hit well in Lagos, you never hit.
They be shouting Zoro Zoro everywhere. How many people sabi Zoro for Lagos. E neva blow reach Maleek talkless Mayorkun. Shioor.

Igbos should just organize their own Music award and give people like Zoro Artist of the year.
Lol bros calm down
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:47am On May 08, 2018
vickydevoka:
I no be igbo. but if ma song of year. I swear an MAD OVER YOU. no doubt

More people and relevant stakeholders are beginning to see the bigotry in that awards programme, and its relevance will keep dropping.

I give 5 years at most. It would become an egbe omo oduduwa show ignored by sensible people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by NORSIYK(m): 10:47am On May 08, 2018
The guy is 100% correct only a fool will dispute his analysis.
I think Igbo artists and musicians should be boycotting the useless headies awards.
Imagine song of the year was IF by Davido and not the highly successful hit MAD OVER YOU by Runtown, as if that was not enough then producer of song of the year wasn't awarded the producer of the year what an irony.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by 9gerian: 10:47am On May 08, 2018
Thanks for this succinct comparison.

EarthXmetahuman:
[s][/s]I'm still waiting for the day you will make sense on this forum..

So those who won the awards don't deserve it right? They should make is a quota system to satisfy you bigoted flat heads. But when igbo s dominated bbn final, the organizers of bbn are not igbos.
Or we should not consider making our national team (a national team)

I don't even know who do you people like this.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by vickydevoka(m): 10:47am On May 08, 2018
Okoyeebos:
Yorubas have won 13 Grammys, Igbos don't have a single nomination not to talk of winning a single Grammys. Does it make the Grammys a Yoruba award?

Igbos are suffering from an extreme case of inferiority complex. It is evident from the way they analyse issues and events.

It is quite unfortunate that this is the object of ridicule and illogicality that Igbos have been reduced to.
dis is not a case of inferiority complex. its a case of unfairness not injustice.

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by hotwax: 10:47am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

Please tell me one wizkid song in the year in review that was as productive ,ingenious and widespread as runtown mad over you.

WizKid - Come Closer ft. Drake. Far far superior. I guess you Igbo have poor taste of music. Thats why foreigners dont recognize you.

Let Runtown try same.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:48am On May 08, 2018
Ellabae:
Ok guess we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Have you checked her post history?

You are taking to someone that pathologically hates igbo people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:49am On May 08, 2018
Ellabae:
Ok guess we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Have you checked his post history?

You are talking to someone that pathologically hates igbo people.

2 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kenex4ever(m): 10:49am On May 08, 2018
sod09:
attention seeker
mi is yoruba
bovi is yoruba
last time phyno was given the award he ridiculed it, teckno also blasted the award.
better to give those who appreciate it than those proud guys
if they give adekunle gold or Burnaby next rated at this stage will he accept it?

Check when wizkid n davido won their next rated, they were upcoming arts and they decided to give tecno when he has already gone global. You too reason am.
That's an insult not award.

Headies should be regarded as south west award and not nigerian. Whether wizkid sing or not them go find one award give Am to make him relevant.

No wonder Sola Fapson shout ojoro.

Other zones should b organizing awards for their people just as headies does n quit complaining.

4 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by vickydevoka(m): 10:50am On May 08, 2018
koladebrainiac:
Igbo get problems. anything they are not involved with they tag its marginalization.
They dominate Nollywood o, nobody complains anytime they are sharing their awards. they are all in National Football team, nobody shout marginalization. in fact, we are happy for them. now Yoruba are doing great in music they are shouting marginalization. no wonder Hausas decided to sack u guys from the north.

Yoruba has been the founding father of Nigeria music. we have the likes of Fela and Femi Kuti and many iconic yoruba artist who has helped lots of their fellow men. and this one is saying trash.
in de case of nation football team. I think its pure meritocracy cus a white man is involve

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Niyinficient(m): 10:50am On May 08, 2018
sokera:
we can’t be united in anything that igbos are not dominating...we are only united in sport because other tribes accept the fact that Igbos are doing us proud in that aspect, but once anything does not goes Igbo ways it’s called marginalized... igbos like wahala too much ...

I checked the 2013 winning team and Oshaniwa was the only Yoruba player which was used for just few mins in the final. Yet, we Nigerians celebrated the victory and i didnt hear or read any issue about just a single Yoruba player being in the team. I checked the Nigerian Table Tennis and boxing team, dominated by Yorubas, i dont read or hear any tribal jingles. I still dont believe igbos are what people think they are...just because few Igbos are being bigots doesnt make all Igbos bigots...we have bigots everywhere on the Nigerian social-media sphere....Yorubas, Hausas, Igbos, Ijaws, Binis etc

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:50am On May 08, 2018
hotwax:

WizKid - Come Closer ft. Drake. Far far superior. I guess you Igbo have poor taste of music. Thats why foreigners dont recognize you.

Let Runtown try same.
Come closer is more superior. ?

The same shitty come closer that we all know or another one?

Have you checked the difference in YouTube views even with Drake to market it?

Bomb dey your head

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Afam4eva(m): 10:51am On May 08, 2018
NORSIYK:
The guy is 100% correct only a fool will dispute his analysis.
I think Igbo artists and musicians should be boycotting the useless headies awards.
Imagine song of the year was IF by Davido and not the highly successful hit MAD OVER YOU by Runtown, as if that was not enough then producer of song of the year wasn't awarded the producer of the year what an irony.
I would favour IF by Davido for song of the year and not "Mad Over You" because IF was more popular in the year under review. "mad over You" is a bit older and was released in the previous year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by famosh: 10:51am On May 08, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
And they want to bring tribalism to music industry

What is wrong with Igbo people and bigotry ?

Dem use am do these people?

I just tire o! The world has never seen a people as deluded, unintelligent, paranoid & arrogant as those gorilla descendants. Their mumu no be here!
For example, who does this?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by 9gerian: 10:51am On May 08, 2018
Thank you. It's becoming simply neauseating; the unnecessary rants!

jimrog:
The way Igbo dominate the national football team ehn, if it is Yoruba or Hausa that dominates, we no go dey hear word at all. Can't imagine how a set of ppl can be so greedy and self-centered like igbos o..always complaining abt everything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by sokera: 10:53am On May 08, 2018
agadez007:
Tekno has been releasing hits back to back but hr never got nominated for anything at all
Even Flavour who is great in Stage performance was robbed as the award was given to Yemi Alade
What do I know self?
tell them to include more of yoruba words or slags in their next songs and you will see it will be hit ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Ellabae(f): 10:53am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

Have you checked his post history?

You are talking to someone that pathologically hates igbo people.
Ok sir I didn't know that but I jst said my own opinion. Good morning
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 10:54am On May 08, 2018
Jimmy231:
This one na mumu.. Why you go compare mad over you to If or FIA. More so how many igbo they sing. Shey two face no collect award ni.. NA yoruba dominate Nigerian hip hop industry either you like It or not.. Why all of them they run Come Lagos

Mad over you made more hits both in Nigeria and Africa as a whole than fia and if.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Afam4eva(m): 10:54am On May 08, 2018
Niyinficient:

I checked the 2013 winning team and Oshaniwa was the only Yoruba player which was used for just few mins in the final. Yet, we Nigerians celebrated the victory and i didnt hear or read any issue about just a single Yoruba player being in the team. I checked the Nigerian Table Tennis and boxing team, dominated by Yorubas, i dont read or hear any tribal jingles. I still dont believe igbos are what people think they are...just because few Igbos are being bigots doesnt make all Igbos bigots...we have bigots everywhere on the Nigerian social-media sphere....Yorubas, Hausas, Igbos, Ijaws, Binis etc

I think some Igbos only bring in the tribal thing in areas where they think they are doing well and supposed to be recognized. No doubt, Yorubas are dominating the music industry but there's also a handful of Igbos at the top too. It's not like Igbos are not into music at all. It's just like how Igbos are kinda dominating the gospel genre of music even though there are also a handful of other tribes doing gospel.

Another reason why i think some Igbos complain is because the organizers of most of these things are usually not Igbos so they sense some bias.

6 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by hotwax: 10:54am On May 08, 2018
Even Yoruba artists felt cheated about the award.

WO - Olamide didnt win any award.

I have tried many times over to reason with Igbos...but they are the most tribal and hateful tribe in this country. They are not tolerant. They are the reason why people like me voted Buhari. They made Buhari president due to their core tribal attitudes.

You hear them saying Yoruba votes is inconsequential. Only Igbo votes will win the election for Jonathan. ANd you saw how Yorubas moved to support Buhari.

They have still not learnt from their unproductive hateful ways.

The truth is most popular musicians are Yorubas. Yorubas are too many in music. Igbo can't win that battle.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Superkay10(m): 10:54am On May 08, 2018
Imagine wetin dis mumu dey talk, the most foolish person i've ever heard of. She 2Baba(1 award) na yoruba, M.I(2 awards) na yoruba, hun mumu. Praiz na yoruba(1 award), Nasty C na yoruba(1 award), Yemi Alade na yoruba(1 award), Omawumi na yoruba(1 award), chris ubosi wey won 'HALL OF FAME' award na yoruba. Honestly dis guy is a fool, well i can't blame u, na one stupid attention seeker u go be. Inspite of d number of artist wey i don mention dat are not yoruba wey even won numerous awards, u still dey regard d headies award as a yoruba award, na God go punish u and ur entire generation.

6 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:54am On May 08, 2018
kenex4ever:
if they give adekunle gold or Burnaby next rated at this stage will he accept it?

Check when wizkid n davido won their next rated, they were upcoming arts and they decided to give tecno when he has already gone global. You too reason am.

Headies should be regarded as south west award and not nigerian. Whether wizkid sing or not them go find one award give Am to make him relevant.

Other zones should b organizing awards for their people just as headies does n quit complaining.

Thank you very much. Tell us that the headies is for Yorubas and we will be fine.

There is nothing wrong with that.
The Yoruba movie industry have their own awards show and nobody have ever complained because we all know it is for yorubas.

You can't masquerade an ethnic awards programme under national colours and expect people to take it calmly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Josh64(m): 10:55am On May 08, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
you guys are stupid beyond my comprehension.

So igbo musicians doesn't deserve an award in Nigeria.

As for jimmy231 you think lagos is the only place that promote talent or music then you must be crazy.

You guy should stop marginalizing Igbos now is possible before it will lead to war between Nigeria tribes.

That's my advice " he who has ear should hear'

Don't quote me ever again mofo! I have no problem with Ibos having awards at the event if they deserved it. I am just pointing out it is quite obvious this guy is seeking attention as we have aired this same issue and we have all forgotten about it. Besides, only "mad over you" deserve an award in my opinion and I am still baffled how it didnt get any, but we can all understand the organizers preference for Davido to the recently controversial Runtown who is only making the news for very wrong reasons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by hotwax: 10:56am On May 08, 2018
CSTR1003:

Come closer is more superior. ?

The same shitty come closer that we all know or another one?

Have you checked the difference in YouTube views even with Drake to market it?

Bomb dey your head

Who is listening to Mad over you? That wack song?

So you thats your best song in your potopoto village.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by kendrick93(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2018
Mad over u was the biggest hit over any of davido's... I'm still shocked that song didn't receive any award

3 Likes

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Nobody: 10:57am On May 08, 2018
Make Igbos go form their own na. Abi wetin undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by sod09(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2018
kenex4ever:

when tecno was nominated for next rated he had no album
up till now i dont think he still have one, the criteria for next rated is for upcoming or fast rising who dont have album yet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by agadez007(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2018
sokera:
tell them to include more of yoruba words or slags in their next songs and you will see it will be hit ...
What is this one talking about,what yoruba slangs,are Sean tizzle,skibii, not Yorubas,why have they not blown yet with all their yoruba slangs?

Mumu logic

1 Like

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Halexgos3(m): 10:59am On May 08, 2018
Since I noticed this award issue is either Davido or Wizkid or Maryokun. So it not new any way yoruba are more Nigeria than any other tribe, that's y they called it Nigeria Award
Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by CSTR1003: 10:59am On May 08, 2018
Josh64:

Don't quote me ever again mofo! I have no problem with Ibos having awards at the event if they deserved it. I am just pointing out it is quite obvious this guy is seeking attention as we have aired this same issue and we have all forgotten about it. Besides, only "mad over you" deserve an award in my opinion and I am still baffled how it didnt get any, but we can all understand the organizers preference for Davido to the recently controversial Runtown who is only making the news for very wrong reasons.
Run town deserves atleast a headies because davido was very good too.
He would have been my artist of the year but davido was untouchable.

Phyno deserves rap of the year. He blows reminsce out Of the water and it is not even close.

You can't hide your shallowness under Ethnic vulgarity and tell me you are better than phyno.

what the fucck is ponmile?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Akonuche: "Headies Is A Yoruba Award No Award To One Igbo Person” by Biodun1929(m): 11:00am On May 08, 2018
Afam4eva:

Flavour, Runtown, Patoranking etc? Are you this blind?

Insult as usual. I didn't expect anything less.

You listed just three, that's cool, but can you compare that to the dozens of Yoruba musicians that are popping right now? Yoruba people dominate the music industry in Nigeria right now; that's a fact. I ain't saying this cos I am Yoruba, it is a fact. I won't go and say Yoruba dominate Nollywood when I know Igbos dominate in that industry... but you don't see me shouting marginalization. Some people are just better at some things than others. But it seems you guys have a superiority complex.

Below are the hottest musicians in Nigeria right now...

*Davido
*Wizkid
*Tekno
*Tiwa Savage
*Olamide
*Phyno
Kiss Daniel
*Simi
*Yemi Alade
*Small Doctor

How many of them are igbo? What are the hottest songs in the country right now? Who sang them?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Songs That Are Overplayed In A Typical Nigerian Wedding / Download Olamide - Motigbana (instrumental) By Sylaz / "Made For You": Banky W Features Adesua Etomi In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.