Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? (52439 Views)

Abia Government Uncovers ‘japa’ Doctors Still Collecting Salaries / Governor Otti: Japa Doctors Still Recieving Salaries In Abia State / Doctors STILL Can’t Treat 2-week-old Baby With A Never-before-seen Brain Tumor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by chukzyfcbb: 9:42pm On May 12, 2018
If you are a doctor and you are still in naija, you are a goat! How much is the useless salary you are paid?

You don't even have any social benefit, what exactly do you gain for being a Dr here.

Baba enter USA go touch money.

If you are a practicing doctor in USA Baba you will be made for life!!!

6figures straight. The money you will make as a Dr in 5yrs in USA, your peers here cannot make it in 20-30years.

The other time it was Canadian doctors complaining that they at OVER PAID, you heard me right "OVER PAID"!!!

And you are here going on strike for useless maybe 200,000naira/month

Like I said, if you are a doctor and still see Naija as hope for your medicinal pursuit. YOU ARE A GOAT!

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Davosukar(m): 9:43pm On May 12, 2018
Delivar:
Those countries Nigerian doctors run to can't accommodate an infinite number of doctors continuously pouring in from Nigeria. When it gets to saturation point Nigerian doctors will find something doing in Nigeria by force.

I laugh at your ignorance bro, can we ever saturate the countries? By the time we have very few doctors in this country thats when ur government would go and import doctors and pay them in dollars.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by HaneefahRN(f): 9:43pm On May 12, 2018
And the thread as degenerated to interprofessional bashings.
The Nigerian situation is very pathetic, the patient -Dr ratio is on the high side. Every professional is understaffed, overworked without commensurate pay.
I read and watch and follow several foreign health professionals' pages and apparently this isn't only in Nigeria. We just have it worse.

As things get worse, Nigeria will continue suffering from brain drain cos not only Drs are leaving other health professionals are too, nurses especially.
And our Minister for State of health is in support of quackery anyway so the Nigerian citizens will be at the mercy of the growing population of quacks

7 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by obstead200(m): 9:45pm On May 12, 2018
Babybush:

Piss of sh!ts
nonsense!!!
I agree that the pay RELATIVITY in the medical sector should remain, with doctors earning more pay and privileges.
But I frown at the fact that doctors want to be treated as God. Not all of them are so good anyway. Why the pride and noise making? See this OP telling doctors to leave Nigeria. That must be the most stupid statement I have read this year. Does he imagine that the UK/us/Canada labor market will absorb all the doctors from Nigeria?
Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by DALE917(f): 9:45pm On May 12, 2018
MrBigiman:

When I we needed to get into school. We were 5 friends. For reasons best known to God I was quite brighter, but we all wanted to do medicine. 2 went on to to Zoology, 1 ended up in Nursing after jonsing in his pre-degree course and another did Lab science, yours faithfully was close to 1st 50 in that program of nearly a thousand and became a doctor. I switch on to Facebook and I see this dude getting nurse leadership award and ranting about health awareness everywhere, he also talks about equity and justice, and I wonder where the problem comes from. U where too dumb to pass pre-degree and now u are smart enuf to ask for equal pay? Judgement day is coming and no Johesu member will be spared.

You said you were friends
And you bashed your friend that way
He was too dumb! Really?

All this bitterness is too much for one person

Life is really easy, you don't need all of that

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by osazsky(m): 9:46pm On May 12, 2018
africanusvu:
Don't only think of wat wid av hapend to u if so and so doctor wasn't there.think also of wat wld av hapend to u if d pharmacist had not produced d drugs u took.the lab technologists had not dictected ur case.the mech Engr had not manufactured the vehicle that rushed u to the hospital.the electrician had not powered the oxygen u took.the caterer had not made d food u ate .the builder had not built the hospital. The electronic had not given u the system u used in posting this trash.the pastor had not interceded for u.I don't know why u doctors ar fucking arrogant and over hyped
medicine shld be left for d best, I wanted to study medicine but couldn't, switched on time to accounting ,now I work as an accountant in a university, we all need each other in terms of profession even d vc of Uniben needs a cleaner,, to clean his office,so were are u coming from pls b logical and make this ur aguement relative ,I know u wanted to study medicine but couldn't meet the requirement hence u were shipped to a nursing school,pls attend a university then sit for MBBS before claiming bragging rights, there is no way my salary now can be d same as lecturers, all I do is sit in my chair and work on files,ask me how many reaserch i have done since i stated work 4years ago none. my friend this is a lost battle, no work no pay,nursing sch is 3 years medicine is, 7,there are no shot cut to riches grow up

9 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by buchai: 9:47pm On May 12, 2018
my own is business, most doctors rushing to Europe and other parts of the world leaving Africa don't know business while Indians Pakistanis and Lebanese are taking over Africa especially southern eastern and northern Africa we take non professional businesses from Nigeria to other African countries and became somebody or make a difference in the families and societies at large, I don't really know how to convey my thoughts in words but all am trying to say is this not only Europeans and Americans needs doctors from Nigeria our neighbours need our services too no wonder our musicians from Nigeria are stealing the shows in Africa our doctors are parking caganeiras and washing Mort corpos in Europe and America.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by chara019: 9:48pm On May 12, 2018
MrBigiman:
grin grin grin

Johesu want the same salary scale with Medical Doctors. It's easy to claim entry point distinguishes them but let's look at exit point. A lab Scientist at 55yrs probably now at the highest grade does nothing but order Juniors around, yet a General Surgeon who has put his life on the line still does rigorous calls and theatre sessions at 58yrs. The stupid, insane and unbelievable new demand means that a lab scientist, Nurse and neurosurgeon at the same grade level should earn the same, despite not having the same responsibility, this is a shame, and the Country will pay for considering these Buffon's and clowns called Johesu. Nowhere in the world is this stupidity condoned. The average hourly work rate of each professional the world over can be browsed, in all cases the doctors' comes top.

My advice for Junior doctors is to run as far as ur legs can take u, this is the best time. Don't look back, doctors are hot cake and don't limit yourself to a shithole country.

Peace

Mr Bigiman.
CRAP
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by osazsky(m): 9:50pm On May 12, 2018
jairusben:
mumu...na only you score 290 for jamb....dude i can tell you ders notin in the medicine...jst d 6years involved
have u ever seen someone who chose nursing as first choice, no then in our time it wasn't even in jamb brochure ,tell us d truth u chose medicine but couldn't pass hence u took d shot cut by writing entrance exam now u are boasting that u can pass MBBS ,,,,Nigerians funny die spits

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by MrBigiman: 9:51pm On May 12, 2018
DALE917:

You said you were friends
And you bashed your friend that way
He was too dumb! Really?

All this bitterness is too much for one person

Life is really easy, you don't need all of that

I said they were my friends. I have no business whatsoever with any of them anymore. They are not in any way my friends and I watch them on Facebook bashing my profession and call us greedy, when they know their story. I have been kind enuf never to write on their pages to ask if they never applied for Medicine. When people can't attain something they bash it. I have seen seen people with lab science and medicine degree, all go on to work as Medical doctors and not the other way round. Same with Nurses. If there's no superiority why don't they continue to work in the Labs or as nurses. Peace to u jare!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by osazsky(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2018
jairusben:
mumu...na only you score 290 for jamb....dude i can tell you ders notin in the medicine...jst d 6years involved
have u ever seen someone who chose nursing as first choice, then in our time it wasn't even in jamb brochure ,tell us d truth u chose medicine but couldn't pass hence u took d shot cut by writing entrance exam now u are boasting that u can pass MBBS ,,,,Nigerians funny die spits
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 9:53pm On May 12, 2018
tete7000:
I don't think the plight of doctors is worse than that of any other professional in Nigeria. I am an Engineer by training, I hold a Master degree and based on personal experience, I can ask the same question: 'What is an Engineer doing in Nigeria?'. The Nigerian problem is not peculiar to only doctors, it affects everyone else. It is a culture that places no emphasis on merit, a culture that doesn't believe in professionalism. A culture where all professionals who spent years in training campaigned vigorously and queued up to vote for a man that couldn't show his senior secondary school certificate. A culture where professionals hailed Tinubu when he said certificate or not certificate, qualified or no qualified, Buhari holds the key to solving Nigerian problem. We all created Nigeria, it is right everyone stay back to enjoy it.

Preach!!!!

Yet he's still defended by the same humans.

Talk about juju being real. shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by ghuzy01: 9:53pm On May 12, 2018
MrBigiman:

I still wonder too why doctors who are extremely smart remain in this shithole. Someone said most politicians running to the UK get there and end up seeing the same Nigerian GP they are running away from. But this time they pay heavily to access them. To young doctors, run away from this shit hole. Consultancy has been approved for Pharmacist, and the question is after heavy, tasking, excruciating residency with a lost social life and and injure psychology, one profession think getting to a certain level in Civil service gives them the right to become consultant and earn the same pay with those who have laid down their lives, youth and pleasure so others can be safe.
You really have a lot of psychological issues you need to atttend to.all your post indicates something...insecurity, you sound so insecure biko go wherever you want to go and practice your medicine and let us rest.nobody dey hold you

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by MrBigiman: 9:53pm On May 12, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
If you are a doctor and you are still in naija, you are a goat! How much is the useless salary you are paid?

You don't even have any social benefit, what exactly do you gain for being a Dr here.

Baba enter USA go touch money.

If you are a practicing doctor in USA Baba you will be made for life!!!

6figures straight. The money you will make as a Dr in 5yrs in USA, your peers here cannot make it in 20-30years.

The other time it was Canadian doctors complaining that they at OVER PAID, you heard me right "OVER PAID"!!!

And you are here going on strike for useless maybe 200,000naira/month

Like I said, if you are a doctor and still see Naija as hope for your medicinal pursuit. YOU ARE A GOAT!

Ring it baba. God will never allow me work in a Nigerian teaching hospital. I never applied for Job there, except internship, and after then I abandoned that side like a bad habit. Today many of my colleagues doing residency have resigned and moved on.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Fearcom(m): 9:55pm On May 12, 2018
osazsky:
with all these ur reasoning am a non academic staff and should earn same as a professor, make una go sleep hunger never beat una. be waiting for salaries.

Hey, Idiota.

Many doctors are yet to receive salary because their salaries weren't prepared by the accountants, turning them and their CMDs/MDs to beggars when the threats didn't work. Too many health workers have alternative sources of income. So if you think this strike is like the ones that have happened before, when it ends I will call you out and gave you an e-flogging.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by MrBigiman: 9:56pm On May 12, 2018
ghuzy01:

You really have a lot of psychological issues you need to atttend to.all your post indicates something...insecurity, you sound so insecure biko go wherever you want to go and practice your medicine and let us rest.nobody dey hold you

Check up words before using them. Just like joehatesu, claiming it's equity instead of equality. Words they are too unintelligent to define. A shit hole we are really.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by chara019: 9:56pm On May 12, 2018
Nairalandmentor:
Doctors deserve to be treated well. Nigeria is just not ready to do anything worthwhile. Our health care system is Ill structured.

Check my signature if you need a clean website design with no advanced payment
doctors deserve to be treated well...no arguments, and so nurses,pharmacists,med scientists should be treated less?
The Nigerian mentality is that doctors are superior aye? reason I don't blame peeps like you, nurses,pharmacists and other health workers dont joke either,common, we have our spheres of specialization and so we are interconnected,doctors need nurses,doctors need the physiotherapist, doctors need med scientists..an elevation in payment is what johesu is fighting for,we can't continue working out butts off still being underpaid.

If doctors seem more superior,I guess there shouldn't be a break in transmission in the health sector,even at this ongoing johesu strike.
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Leopantro: 9:56pm On May 12, 2018
Those talking about the writeup being crap and sponsored fail to realise the dept of the problem. In January this year Saudi Arabia came to Nigeria and took over 100 Consultants to work in their country.
Imagine 5 of such consultants in each state and the tremendous impart their collective activity and skills would have benefited the Nigerian population. Unfortunately, instead of trying to see that there is a serious problem on ground, people are disregarding the rightup.

May our ears never hear of our death.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Quelme: 9:58pm On May 12, 2018
osazsky:
medicine shld be left for d best, I wanted to study medicine but couldn't, switched on time to accounting ,now I work as an accountant in a university, we all need each other in terms of profession even d vc of Uniben needs a cleaner,, to clean his office,so were are u coming from pls b logical and make this ur aguement relative ,I know u wanted to study medicine but couldn't meet the requirement hence u were shipped to a nursing school,pls attend a university then sit for MBBS before claiming bragging rights, there is no way my salary now can be d same as lecturers, all I do is sit in my chair and work on files,ask me how many reaserch i have done since i stated work 4years ago none. my friend this is a lost battle, no work no pay,nursing sch is 3 years medicine is, 7,there are no shot cut to riches grow up
flawed logic. Who even told you medicine is 7 years?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Mobsync(m): 9:58pm On May 12, 2018
MrBigiman:
U say the truth bro. If HND are required to do an upgrade course the world over to make them at par with BSC, why then should Nigeria put them at the same level. We continuously celebrate and condone mediocrity and cripple innovation in this clime.

Do not try using the B.Sc/HND disparity to promote your greed and forward your agenda. The fellow in the quote below has given you a very good reply. Read and digest it.

One candle does not burn off by lighting another candle.

You should not suppress JOHESU just because of your own greed. If you feel you are earning lower than you should, move abroad if that is what suits you.

Why wait until you finished enjoying our cheap medical schools before complaining?

Why didn't you go to medical school abroad and pay through your nose?

Do you even realize that a good chunk of these foreign trained doctors in the "advanced" countries you are hyping, repay their medical school debts during most of their working lives?

You Nigerian doctors stopping JOHESU from getting better wages are greedy satanists. You are cruel, self-centered and outrightly evil-hearted bastards.

Mires:
The post is a big trash like someone pointed out.

I will keep saying it that Nigerian medical Doctors are too self-centered.

How much to start with do they pay as sch fee to receive their training in Nigeria such that they will be comparing their salary with that of more qualified Drs at Canada who spend fortune to be trained.

They are happy to see CNO of over 25 years earning less than a fresh Dr who's Junior registrar and goes home with about #400,000 - #450,000 monthly.

So it is easy to be absorbed in developed countries, and they are still here.

A big trash that is not sellable.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by osazsky(m): 10:00pm On May 12, 2018
Fearcom:

Hey, Idiota.

Many doctors are yet to receive salary because their salaries weren't prepared by the accountants, turning them and their CMDs/MDs to beggars when the threats didn't work. Too many health workers have alternative sources of income. So if you think this strike is like the ones that have happened before, when it ends I will call you out and gave you an e-flogging.
its a lost battle even if they increase ur salaries doctors will demand for higher pay, even in us ,Canada, a surgeon earns more than a errand nurse who all he or she does is to hold a plate containing scissors while d operation is on,nig shldnt b an exemption. if u want to be a doctor go to s university study medicine den pass ur mbbs

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by chara019: 10:00pm On May 12, 2018
osazsky:
gbam, u can't study nursing for 3years without passing jamb and expect to earn same amt as someone who scored 290 in jamb, spent 7 years in sch, passes MBBS, truth must b told its a lost battle these people foolish sha when hunger hit them without salaries for months dem go use shame resume work,,,,
so for your mind now you think nurses only go through 3 years school of nursing program and end it there? no progress? better go get updated.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by osazsky(m): 10:02pm On May 12, 2018
chara019:
so for your mind now you think nurses only go through 3 years school of nursing program and end it there? no progress? better go get updated.
and u think medicine ends after 7years ,do u know what it takes to b a consultant get updated
Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Quelme: 10:03pm On May 12, 2018
osazsky:
have u ever seen someone who chose nursing as first choice, no then in our time it wasn't even in jamb brochure ,tell us d truth u chose medicine but couldn't pass hence u took d shot cut by writing entrance exam now u are boasting that u can pass MBBS ,,,,Nigerians funny die spits
your level of stupidity nor get rival...... Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Science, B. Nsc all have two professional exams to write before they are licensed to practice...... You are not too smart after all.....

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by LordAdam: 10:04pm On May 12, 2018
MrBigiman:

I still wonder too why doctors who are extremely smart remain in this shithole. Someone said most politicians running to the UK get there and end up seeing the same Nigerian GP they are running away from. But this time they pay heavily to access them. To young doctors, run away from this shit hole. Consultancy has been approved for Pharmacist, and the question is after heavy, tasking, excruciating residency with a lost social life and and injure psychology, one profession think getting to a certain level in Civil service gives them the right to become consultant and earn the same pay with those who have laid down their lives, youth and pleasure so others can be safe.

You guys should stop this senseless debate.

The average IQ of commenters on this thread is several base points higher than the average Nigerian. Act like it.

There are Consultants in most major health professionals in the UK (Pharmacy, Radiography et cetera). And doctors don't all earn the same salaries. Anesthesiologists earn more than GPs. I don't get this selective importation of UK norms. Like law, medicine in Nigeria is modeled like that in the UK.

You guys complain over everything. You talk about the wage structure abroad, then conveniently ignore the fact that doctors don't run hospitals abroad.

If you want to discuss the merits of a position, do so coherently, as I'm sure you guys are able to do. This cheap nonsense you guys are engaging in is irritating. If you say consultant pharmacists are redundant, then you must explain why, when they certainly have a place in the UK (the UK you guys are falling over yourselves to enter).

If it's by effort, miners would earn more than investment bankers.

-Lord

12 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Deltayankeeboi: 10:04pm On May 12, 2018
osazsky:
leave that kid, he doesn't know it was UME before they changed it to test,den if u scored 220 it would be aired on diff stations ,I remember efe who scored 220 in Edo state not all these 280 they are sharing with computer to kids,utme my assss
you sound frustrated. and you don't sound like one who has an atom idea in the medical field so i guess you have no idea what this thread is all about but emotional adrenaline rush caused by frustration pushed you to make such a foolish comment which should not be coming from a graduate and with all certainty, i guess you are not one. your ignorance is pardoned.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Deltayankeeboi: 10:05pm On May 12, 2018
Quelme:
your level of stupidity nor get rival...... Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Science, B. Nsc all have two professional exams to write before they are licensed to practice...... You are not too smart after all.....
THANK YOU SIR. GOD BLESS YOU. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTICED

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 12, 2018
MrBigiman:

You're running away because it's an insult to you having consultant pharmacists. I can assure you that you'll kill yourself when you get to work with consultant pharmacists in the place you're running to.
I do wonder why these doctors think that specialisation is an exclusive preserve of medical sciences. For those that care to know, there are also many area of speciality in pharmacy practice.

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by osazsky(m): 10:07pm On May 12, 2018
Quelme:
flawed logic. Who even told you medicine is 7 years?
teacher oys teach me,when u did ur IT in lit education, ur six months IT wasn't counted ba

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Filmewell(f): 10:07pm On May 12, 2018
Nigerian doctors should Live and let live.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 10:07pm On May 12, 2018
dominique:
Honestly I ask myself this question whenever I visit my private hospital and see the extremely overworked underpaid doctors looking exhausted most of the time. I ask myself that are these doctors aware that all it takes to get them out of this hellhole is to just take a board exam and apply for visa to a first world country where they will get better pay and less workload? What exactly motivaties them to remain in this country? Docs in the house, let's hear from you.
My friend who was earning peanut as a Doctor in Nigeria, first left to the middle East, he got a job and the starting salary was 1.2million per month which to me was a peanut considering what other doctors are earning, he later wrote some exams, I think it is called Plab or so, as I post this, he got a fantastic offer in England, he is working with a hospital in England and doing very well, when you point out the pitfalls of working in a shithole jungle, they will call you names, if you are a medical doctor and you are still working in Nigeria, Na you sabi sad

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? by Fearcom(m): 10:09pm On May 12, 2018
osazsky:
its a lost battle even if they increase ur salaries doctors will demand for higher pay, even in us ,Canada, a surgeon earns more than a errand nurse who all he or she does is to hold a plate containing scissors while d operation is on,nig shldnt b an exemption. if u want to be a doctor go to s university study medicine den pass ur mbbs

Your stupidity and foolishness is on display for all to see. Anyway, Face your calling which is to save lives What government pays other health workers doesn't concern you. Whether they want consultancy status or not doesn't concern you( Lagos State Government has approved Consultancy status for other health workers and very soon the FG will follow). The power of the circular NMA signed with Government in 2014 has been eroded because NMA isn't a registered union so government won't answer you. Stay there and be ranting

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart / Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.