Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,389 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1699286 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (4179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by hammed71(m): 6:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
What do you guys think about the huge caravan headed for the usa
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2018
Martinez19:
You are a big f00l. I am sure you don't live in America, cret1n. It's you who don't know jacksh1t about the American institution. Trump is not against the 14th amendment, he is actually upholding. Stop watching CNN and being a CNN sheeple. Mr. "I live in America". How can you live in America for years and be this misinformed? or are you in the early stages of dementia? I repeat Trump is actually upholding the 14th amendment and he does not need any executive order. Mtewwww. SMH.
Brainstem, tell me where you live in America and what school you attended. I schooled at Loyola Academy and went to Loyola university in Chicago where I grew up on the lakside. A worthless fool wasting away in no man's land is questioning me. Come over to Harlem/Chicago ave in Oak Park and will show you where I stay but unfortunately you couldn't even obtain a visa under the racist pig.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Martinez19(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
Abbeybailey:
You are the one who said I am in your backwater village. Go argue argue with Speaker Paul Ryan who is 2nd in the line of succession who told the pig he has no authority to use EO on amendment 14. He's a Republican by the way. Answer my question Mr Americanna wannabe big mouth.
tongue

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
The polls show a Dem takeover of the House, and 5-6 tight races for Governor

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Martinez19(m): 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
Abbeybailey:
A foool that my Great Dane and Rotweiller feeds better than. Bye Mr Basura.
cheesy grin grin grin that's if the bricklaying business you've done and will still do can afford a Rotweiller grin grin

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
It's a shame Nigeria is producing all these idiooots that get their priorities mixed up i life.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Martinez19(m): 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2018
PDPGuy:
I remember that the polls indicated Killary Clitoris was going to win by a landslide grin.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
PDPGuy:
Bruce Rauner the Republicon governor in my State is down by about 20 points to Mr Pritzker . Good riddance to a con man.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2018
budaatum:
Seems one has to be careful with you Hillary haters. Please show me how she said "all blacks look alike" !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6U1Wmq-Ems
So you watched that video and you didn't hear her say "I know they all look alike' at around the 1:18 to 1:20 part of that video? One has to be careful with you Trump haters, your dishonesty is pervasive

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Martinez19(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
itchie:

And the brainless cow called lucasbaboon jumped in to support without even watching the video himself, you better go back to twenty years ago and pick up your brain wherever you dropped it cos I'm absolutely sure you haven't made use of it for the past twenty years
He is a cret1n and underachiever who thinks getting a visa to America is the ultimate achievement in life. I blame the poor Internet services in the village he lives in, it's the cause of his poor exposure and dull mentality.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by armyofone(m): 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
They should be sent back. Never allowed in - I really don't see anyone who supported it - be it republican, democrat, independent etc I'm for using the right way to come in not a forceful caravan...

hammed71:
What do you guys think about the huge caravan headed for the usa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2018
itchie:

So you watched that video and you didn't hear her say "I know they all look alike' at around the 1:18 to 1:20 part of that video? One has to be careful with you Trump haters, your dishonesty is pervasive
Trump haters! If Trump had said what H said, we would have burnt the House down by now! I can only say he has form.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 11:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
Martinez19:
tongue
If you want, give him all the facts and quotable quotes, I don't think he gives a damn except only what CNN dishes out that he eats and digests, and then comes here to vomit the nonsense grin grin

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2018
Martinez19:
Eyah! tongue grin due to the fact your village has no Internet services and your dull brain lacks exposure, you think visiting America is an achievement and since you haven't achieved it(which you probably never will), you resort to faking it online and trying, in your shabby attempt, to mesmerise me with names of places in America you learnt from your local village newspaper or successful folks that came back from the States. Being able to go to America is not an achievement, CRETINople.

This is the funniest thing on cyberspace, when Nigeria folks start talking down actual Americans about America. Pdpguy is a qualified US attorney, Paul Ryan is the leader of the house, my humble self have been following American politics and law for over two decades, ditto for brother Lucas. But y'all third worlders are all walking encyclopedia on American politics and law. The joke is on y'all, keep having headache about merica while y'all are the world poverty capital plus the new spate of killing in your corner.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 12:05am On Nov 01, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

This is the funniest thing on cyberspace, when Nigeria folks start talking down actual Americans about America. Pdpguy is a qualified US attorney, Paul Ryan is the leader of the house, my humble self have been following American politics and law for over two decades, ditto for brother Lucas. But y'all third worlders are all walking encyclopedia on American politics and law. The joke is on y'all, keep having headache about merica while y'all are the world poverty capital plus the new spate of killing in your corner.

Still on my way to becoming an attorney though cool

Despite what Trump fans may want to believe, the 14th amendment applies to anyone who is subject to the jurisdiction of the US. Some individuals such as diplomats, aren’t subject to the jurisdiction of the US, hence their kids born in the US aren’t automatically US citizens.

However, children born here, to undocumented immigrants, are US citizens because their parents are also subject to the jurisdiction of the US. The parents could apply for some amnesty or asylum or could be deported from the US.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 12:20am On Nov 01, 2018
PDPGuy:

Still on my way to becoming an attorney though cool

Despite what Trump fans may want to believe, the 14th amendment applies to anyone who is subject to the jurisdiction of the US. Some individuals such as diplomats, aren’t subject to the jurisdiction of the US, hence their kids born in the US aren’t automatically US citizens.

However, children born here, to undocumented immigrants, are US citizens because their parents are also subject to the jurisdiction of the US. The parents could apply for some amnesty or asylum or could be deported from the US.

Thanks for the clarification, but compared to these Joes trying to talk down at ya. It's like the downtown Joe trying to lecture a professor in his field of study. All the Trump fan rhetorics are definitely akin to the 30's Nazi's.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Martinez19(m): 12:23am On Nov 01, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

Lol. When there isn't anything reasonable to bring to the table, insults, condescending remarks, your credentials and the annoying "why do Nigerians care so much about American politics" becomes the anthem.

PDPguy is a qualified US attorney, so? How is that relevant to the discussion? A US attorney that doesn't know the 14th amendment. The Republicans and Democrats can't be right at the same time concerning Trump, one wrong and yet the wrong party lives in America. So, of what relevance is the fact that they live in America is to the argument at hand? Remember, there are attorneys and other sort of professionals on both sides, so what relevance is credentials on this issue?

What's wrong with the left? They can't logical and critically construct an arguments and conclusion.

Did all you say about PDPguy and Paul Ryan change this fact? :

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PDPGuy: 1:03am On Nov 01, 2018
Martinez19:
Lol. When there isn't anything reasonable to bring to the table, insults, condescending remarks, your credentials and the annoying "why do Nigerians care so much about American politics" becomes the anthem.

PDPguy is a qualified US attorney, so? How is that relevant to the discussion? A US attorney that doesn't know the 14th amendment. The Republicans and Democrats can't be right at the same time concerning Trump, one wrong and yet the wrong party lives in America. So, of what relevance is the fact that they America is to the argument at hand? Remember, there are attorneys and other sort of professionals on both sides, so what relevance is credentials on this issue?

What's wrong with the left? They can't logical and critically construct an arguments and conclusion.

Did all you say about PDPguy and Paul Ryan change this fact? :

You are misreading the Senator's statement.

It is true, according to the rules of statutory interpretation, that the intent of framer of a law should be considered when interpreting the said law. The 1800's statement made by the Senator, to the effect that, "This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons." is what is in contention here.

But the bolded part shows that the amendment was intended to exclude ONLY children of accredited diplomats of other sovereign nations. The statement also does not explicitly mention illegal aliens as well. If there was an 'or' between 'aliens' and 'who..' in the Senator's statement, then one could reasonably assume that children born in the US to foreigners do not possess U.S. birthright citizenship.

Moreover, the term “subject to the jurisdiction of the United States” covers all persons in the US, except diplomats of sovereign countries
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Martinez19(m): 1:14am On Nov 01, 2018
PDPGuy:

You are misreading the Senator's statement.

It is true, according to the rules of statutory interpretation, that the intent of framer of a law should be considered when interpreting the said law. The 1800's statement made by the Senator, to the effect that, "This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons." is what is in contention here.

But the bolded part shows that the amendment was intended to exclude ONLY children of accredited diplomats of other sovereign nations. The statement also does not explicitly mention illegal aliens as well. If there was an 'or' between 'aliens' and 'who..' in the Senator's statement, then one could reasonably assume that children born in the US to foreigners do not possess U.S. birthright citizenship.

shocked grin ah!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kophschmerzen: 4:30am On Nov 01, 2018
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 5:33am On Nov 01, 2018
budaatum:

Trump haters! If Trump had said what H said, we would have burnt the House down by now! I can only say he has form.
You know that to be true, All the outrage against Trump is born out of hypocrisy. It's hypocritical to hue and cry when something is done by party A and look the other way when it is done by party B.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 5:35am On Nov 01, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

You worthless tool, seems you can't get it on without mentioning my handle can you please go away like a putrid fart.
You have been mentioned again cheesy, now what will you do about it? NOTHING!!!!!! The worse you can do is knock yourself out in anger cheesy

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 5:45am On Nov 01, 2018
PDPGuy:
The polls also showed Trump losing the 2016 polls. Even in this elections circle, they have been misfiring badly. Andrew Gillum will never have been the democratic party candidate in Florida if the polls were to be believed, they gave him no chance. In fact, they had him winning only 16% of the support in the primaries. Yet miraculously cheesy, he is the candidate of the party. Don't put too much hope on polls, they can be disappointing. The only polls that matter will be held on Tuesday and I assure you, it's gonna be very interesting cheesy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (4179) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.