Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1636599 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (4144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
fieryy:

The youth have given up on the country. Nigeria is continously losing its best resources (intelligent young people) to foreign countries
That's so sad. Not all the youths are going to leave Nigeria for abroad. The old guards are regurgitating themselves and at the expense of the youths. The other day I saw some people on nairaland urging people to support Tinubu in 2023. How daft can some people be. What's Tinubu going to do but to steal Nigeria blind as he did in Lagos State. Nigeria can't keep on going like that without a massive bloodshed like we are witnessing in America now. You push people to the wall, they will fight back.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
Abbeybailey:
When The Nazis and Klans apply to Police academy, they hide their identity because that's what they are told to do. A lot of these racist police officers are being heavily protected by The Fraternal order of police which is their local union and the politicians are very scared of them. No politician wants to be brushed with the tag of being soft on crime in America because that will be like comiting a political suicide. That's the bane of the problems. All politicians are guilty of that regardless of party but at least the Democrats are coming out denying the systematic racism in America while very few republicans agree that there's systematic racism.
Then, "soft on racism" needs to be made as big an issue as "soft on crime" so "no politician wants to be brushed with the tag of being soft on" it!

Hence the riots. They should be protests though, but I guess that's easy for me to say living in a more civilised country where no one messes with this black person. As for those who aren't 'black person' like I am, well, we riot too, and it seems to have been effective since it did bring on change, somewhat.

I think Colin Kaepernick kneels would have been more effective, but not everyone can be sensible like him or be willing to sacrifice their career for the improvement of their race like he did.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2020
budaatum:

Then, "soft on racism" needs to be made as big an issue as "soft on crime" so "no politician wants to be brushed with the tag of being soft on" it!

Hence the riots. They should be protests though, but I guess that's easy for me to say living in a more civilised country where no one messes with this black person. As for those who aren't 'black person' like I am, well, we riot too, and it seems to have been effective since it did bring on change, somewhat.

I think Colin Kaepernick kneels would have been more effective, but not everyone can be sensible like him or be willing to sacrifice their career for the improvement of their race like he did.
100% in agreement with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
latests trends

#BUNKERTRUMP

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
feedthenation:
latests trends

#BUNKERTRUMP
President Bunker Trump indeed. MAGA with over 104.000+ dead Americans. Over 42million Americans lost their jobs. 20% unemployment rate and counting. $25 Trillion America's debt. Chaos and Mourning all over America. Trump is indeed MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kopfschmerzens: 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
Abbeybailey:
When The Nazis and Klans apply to Police academy, they hide their identity because that's what they are told to do. A lot of these racist police officers are being heavily protected by The Fraternal order of police which is their local union and the politicians are very scared of them. No politician wants to be brushed with the tag of being soft on crime in America because that will be like comiting a political suicide. That's the bane of the problems. All politicians are guilty of that regardless of party but at least the Democrats are coming out denying the systematic racism in America while very few republicans agree that there's systematic racism.

If you followed the Bill Clinton and Bush Snr presidential contest, the GOP main campaign was about soft on crime and even used a murderer and rapist Willie Horton as the face of the DNC soft on crime. They overplayed that line that at a point it was turning BS. The reaction to that dirty and callous presidential campaign made the dems go apeshit with the 94 crime bill. So that soft on crime is a age long GOP playbook strategy man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
Kopfschmerzens:

If you followed the Bill Clinton and Bush Snr presidential contest, the GOP main campaign was about soft on crime and even used a murderer and rapist Willie Horton as the face of the DNC soft on crime. They overplayed that line that at a point it was turning BS. The reaction to that dirty and callous presidential campaign made the dems go apeshit with the 94 crime bill. So that soft on crime is a age long GOP playbook strategy man.
Exactly. Willie Horton was the guy released by the Former Gov of Massachusetts released by Gov Dukakis. It ruined Dukakis shot of besting George Snr. It didnt work when they plan to play the same game with Bill Clinton and thats why George Bush Snr lost his reelection to Clinton.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PremierGuy(m): 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
budaatum:

This was him. Now he is hiding in the bunkerdon and being responsible for nothing!

This clearly showed there is a leadership vacuum right now in the WH.

Someone should have the balls to activate the 25th amendment now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2020
PremierGuy:

Spot on. There can't be a leadership when the leader of the Free world is hiding in the Bunker under the East Wing.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
PremierGuy:

That should have been done a long time since a lot of people know that Trump is in mid stage dementia that killed his Father Fred and his Grandfather.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kopfschmerzens: 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
Abbeybailey:
Exactly. Willie Horton was the guy released by the Former Gov of Massachusetts released by Gov Dukakis. It ruined Dukakis shot of besting George Snr. It didnt work when they plan to play the same game with Bill Clinton and thats why George Bush Snr lost his reelection to Clinton.

Spot on man!! Folks have to understand the historical perspective of this issue.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
feedthenation:

This runs deeper than one major political party, just shows how the mindset is still the same regardless of political ideology (conservative, liberal independent, or quakers (it's not easy to change over 400 years habit of slavery, which the white folks have enjoyed. This has now graduated to a more refined-type of racism. I think there is a name for that 'institutional racism' - this will take a long time to be eradicated.
This is precisely what I thought. And the solution ought to be a reform of the institutions.

As Abbey said, "Fraternal order" and "local union". UK solved this issue by banning cops from joining such orders and by not allowing unions to exclude by race. Even white folks can join black people unions here as it's illegal to discriminate against race and colour.

But I guess US has all sorts of Amendments that make UK solutions inappropriate. We don't even have one for freedom of speech. If your speech promotes hatred you're not free to say it here. Call me the n-word on the street and Fela's 'Gba mi leti kin doolowo' applies. Basically, slap me, or insult me in this case, and make me rich when I sue your racist ass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkgRXM8s1Sw

You all should come learn how its done. It's not for nothing a Punjabi Indian-East African holds our second highest political office and a British Pakistani is Mayor of our wealthiest city.

I'd have loved to say an African held the highest office in America, but I'm afraid to say they made sure his black was only on the outside.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Kopfschmerzens:

Spot on man!! Folks have to understand the historical perspective of this issue.
The coons and Trump loving trolls will never know that unless they Google it from the Right wing hate blogs they love. Imagine a coon posing junk on nairaland from Breibart or John Birch Society. How brain dead an African can be to use that on nairaland. Really sick people indeed.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Abbeybailey:

@Abbeybailey.
My goodness, you know your political history very well.
Yet some Kindergarten (creche) like-minded folks will be debating with you blindingly.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Joe Biden, like any seasoned politician is using every available opportunity for political leverage during this election year.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
feedthenation:

@Abbeybailey.
My goodness, you know your political history very well.
Yet some Kindergarten (creche) like-minded folks will be debating with you blindingly.
That's why I lose my cool sometimes but I feel bad about that because that's how I grew up. I will not be alive today if I am not aggressive in Uptown section of Chicago. Google Uptown Chicago and you will see that it's like living in war zone then and it's much better now. That's what make me lose my mind sometimes because I talk out of experience of seeing the damages of racism and the Trump supporters here don't have that experience but they will argue with you like they went through the life of being called names and abused just because of your skin color.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2020
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PremierGuy(m): 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
ijedeikorodu:
FBI Agent of South Sudan heritage being racially profiled by the police

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267423405273473026

Those county police officers would be praying for the ground to swallow them up. Racial profiling and handcuffing without warrant a FBI agent.

Is like Amotekun arresting a Nigerian Army officer.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MaziAlaye(m): 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
ijedeikorodu:

Compare BunkerTrump to this with Joe Biden
Rest, Buhari used sachet Milo and milk to make tea before he became president
Aisha fried akara on the roadside to appease us. Forget all these gimmicks, they're outta date. Ask your Sleepy Joe what he did to curb police brutality against blacks when he was in power. Instead he was busy dropping bombs all over the middle East, killing innocent children.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
MaziAlaye:

Rest, Buhari used sachet Milo and milk to make tea before he became president
Aisha fried akara on the roadside to appease us. Forget all these gimmicks, they're outta date. Ask your Sleepy Joe what he did to curb police brutality against blacks when he was in power. Instead he was busy dropping bombs all over the middle East, killing innocent children.

I don't know what kind of brain you have
trump sold Billions of weapons to saudis in your face
trump has done more to give free reins to isis, taliban, white supremacists and kkk than any other president
you check it out..

but Biden is out in the streets while tiny trump hides in a bunker

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
trump has no need to address the nation
and at the same time urging Governors who do not have to listen to him to use military force on protesters..

....while hiding in his bunker at this moment

what a weak man, a weak version of hitler for comedy

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Qstorm: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
ijedeikorodu:

Compare BunkerTrump to this with Joe Biden
People like you are have the sense of two year olds. Why doesn't Joe Biden walk to the epicenter of where the riots are happening. He chooses a very peaceful protest site to stage a photo op and shitty heads like you think it's a big deal cos? Plus, the secret service makes the decisions as regards the president's security and if they deem there is a threat around, they will move him to a safe place as any adult should know by now. Just shows how much ignorant you are about the real world to think Trump decided on his own to move to a bunker.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
Qstorm:

People like you are have the sense of two year olds. Why doesn't Joe Biden walk to the epicenter of where the riots are happening. He chooses a very peaceful protest site to stage a photo of and shitty heads like you think it's a big deal cos? Plus, the secret service makes the decisions as regards the president's security and if they deem there is a threat around, they will move him to a safe place as any adult should know by now. Just shows how much ignorant you are about the real world to think Trump decided on his own to move to a bunker.

the only thing to do hear is laugh...buahhhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MaziAlaye(m): 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
Obrigardo:

I don't know what kind of brain you have
trump sold Billions of weapons to saudis in your face
trump has done more to give free reins to isis, taliban, white supremacists and kkk than any other president
you check it out..

but Biden is out in the streets while tiny trump hides in a bunker

This is Sleepy Joe with the "Grand wizard" of KKK a white supremacists hate group targeted against blacks.

You were saying? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Qstorm: 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Obrigardo:
and at the same time urging Governors who do not have to listen to him to use military force on protesters..

You are a bitch, the president doesn't decide things like this, the secret service makes all decisions regarding the presidents security and if they believe there is a threat, they will move him to a safe place even forcibly if he doesn't cooperate with them. This is not the first time or the last time it will be done. The only thing weak here is your knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
MaziAlaye:

This is Sleepy Joe with the "Grand wizard" of KKK a white supremacists hate group targeted against blacks.

This is trump with world renowned pedophile and rapist jeffery epstein
we are hearing from many people trump got him killed to hide his links with the pedophilia racket

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 5:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Obrigardo:

BunkerTrump will never change

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Qstorm: 5:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Obrigardo:

the only thing to do hear is laugh...buahhhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin
Yes laugh because that's what bitches do when they don't have any facts to show for they argument.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Qstorm: 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
feedthenation:

BunkerTrump will never change
You have a problem with the president telling governors to take back the streets from rioters?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by MaziAlaye(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
Breakdown of law and order? Well for starters look at the FBI and DOJ under Obama, no law and order, look at Obama, allowed to spy, cry, lie, and people turned their backs. Hillary, allowed to lie about Benghazi and no repercussions. This started long ago.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Abbeybailey(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2020
MaziAlaye:

Late Sen Byrd of West Virginia was indeed a Klansman growing up in Appalachia and he really apologized for his involvement with Klans till he breathes his last unlike the proud Nazi Trump who surrounded himself with the Nazi like Stephen Miller and the other purveyor of hate and bigotry in America. Americans will send Trump a big message on n9v 3rd.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kopfschmerzens: 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
MaziAlaye:
Breakdown of law and order? Well for starters look at the FBI and DOJ under Obama, no law and order, look at Obama, allowed to spy, cry, lie, and people turned their backs. Hillary, allowed to lie about Benghazi and no repercussions. This started long ago.

This is crap!!! Remind me how many hearings held by Trey Gowdy and Devin Nunes. Y'all need to do more reading, research and thinking before posting garbage here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (4144) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.