Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1653166 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) ... (4149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2020
SonofLincoln:
If you devote this much time to the woes you face in Nigeria, your life will be much better.
You are not worth the stress, You are of no use to me

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Kopfschmerzenmd: 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2020
SonofLincoln:
Mostly gym with a lot of Whiteys in Surburban Chicago but in fairness they have MSNBC And CNN on too. Just looking at the pain in the faces of my white working out partners is worth the price of admission.

LOL!!! Spending my greens in black thingy now. I go do extra miles in buying every gaddem thingy in black owned businesses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PremierGuy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 11, 2020
feedthenation:
https://amp.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article226975319.html#click=https:///bW0IAuHHgN

Big-dollar donors, including Donald Trump, fueled Kamala Harris’ political rise in California

Earlier this decade, however, the two weren’t on such combative terms. In 2011 and again in 2013, Trump donated a total of $6,000 to Harris’ campaign for California attorney general. His daughter, Ivanka, also gave Harris $2,000 in 2014.

The first donation from Trump, for $5,000 in September 2011, came months after he had begun popping up on cable news promoting a conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama was born in Kenya, not the United States, something that’s been widely condemned as racist.

Harris campaign spokesman Ian Sams told McClatchy that Harris donated the $6,000 Trump had contributed to a non-profit that advocates for civil and human rights for Central Americans. But that donation wasn’t made until 2015, a year after she won her reelection for attorney general and as she was launching her run for the Senate.

Kamala, Biden can use this caption:

"The Trump's believe in Kamala Harris so much, they've contributed to her campaign in the past"

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2020
Kopfschmerzenmd:

LOL!!! Spending my greens in black thingy now. I go do extra miles in buying every gaddem thingy in black owned businesses.
I support that too. My wife is heavy on that but my girls are indifferent about that. I guess we still have our work cut out for us.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PremierGuy(m): 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bluebyrd:
Kamala Harris is a descendant of a slave owner, I'd like to know what BLM thinks about that since they want to cancel every thing related to slavery

Your argument is very lame, study up to bring something meaty to the table. If Biden had chosen a white female as VP candidate, you would have come out to say Biden doesn't have a black agenda

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bluebyrd:

You are not worth the stress, You are of no use to me
You are of very good use to me in your village. Bye Felicia.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 11:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
PremierGuy:

Your argument is very lame, study up to bring something meaty to the table. If Biden had chosen a white female as VP candidate, you would have come out to say Biden doesn't have a black agenda
Lay it on that clueless clown waiting for manna that ain't coming from Trump after almost 4 years of destroying America.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 11:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
SonofLincoln:
You are of very good use to me in your village. Bye Felicia.
You are still not worth the stress, you were never worth the stress and you will never be worth the stress.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 11:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
Just checking Trump tweeter page now and he's having an interview with his Joseph Goebbels also known as Sean Hannity. Scary time for Trump and his propaganda hate filled henchmen. Nov 3rd on my mind.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
President Trump on Kamala Harris: "She was my number one pick...I was a little surprised that he picked her...She was extraordinarily nasty to Judge Kavanaugh...she did very poorly in the primaries."

From Trump WH press meeting

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 11:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
PremierGuy:

But it isn't lame when BLM are campaigning to cancel everything that's connected to slavery? It's their campaign not mine, they should cancel her too

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:58pm On Aug 11, 2020
basilico:

Politics is about perceptions. Creating an illusion a larger than life outlook.
I see why the illusion of conspiracys seem larger than life to your outlook. I wonder if you know you are saying politics is about what you are made to perceive and not about reality.

Tagged: rats talk jo!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Bluebyrd: 12:02am On Aug 12, 2020
Kamala Harris Co-Sponsored Bill that would force schools to let male athletes compete in girl's sports

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 12:14am On Aug 12, 2020
SonofLincoln:
Just checking Trump tweeter page now and he's having an interview with his Joseph Goebbels also known as Sean Hannity. Scary time for Trump and his propaganda hate filled henchmen. Nov 3rd on my mind.

Word on the street is that Trump will select a new VP candidate, guess who, Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the UN to replace Mike Pence grin Trump doesn't want to be outdone by Biden
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Qstorm: 12:17am On Aug 12, 2020
Old Joe O'Dementia just chose kamalsutra as his VP pick. You see in Cali she's called kamalsutra cos every one knows her as ol Willie Brown's bitch. She worked her way up in Cali politics on her knees sucking Willie's dick. Wouldn't be surprised if she extended the favor to old Joe O'Dementia

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Qstorm: 12:18am On Aug 12, 2020
feedthenation:

Word on the street is that Trump will select a new VP candidate, guess who, Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the UN to replace Mike Pence grin Trump doesn't want to be outdone by Biden
fake news

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 12:20am On Aug 12, 2020
Qstorm:

fake news

My friend, of course i'm only joking some people can't take a bit of political satire
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 12:25am On Aug 12, 2020
feedthenation:

feedthenation, you might be right. Something like that has been going on for a while. A desperate man will do anything. Look at his tweeter page and see how Americans are unleashing on him. Trump is going on Scorched earth policies now because he knows in his guts that his regime of hate and division is coming to an inglorious end.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:29am On Aug 12, 2020
Trumptards will have a very hard time trying to decampaign Harris.

Not sorry for them at all grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 12:30am On Aug 12, 2020
Wall Street executives are glad Joe Biden picked Kamala Harris to be his VP running mate

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/11/joe-biden-vp-pick-wall-street-executives-are-happy-about-kamala-harris.html

Wall Street leaders on Tuesday cheered Joe Biden's selection of Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate in the presidential election.

Finance executives, confident the ticket has what it takes to topple President Donald Trump, raved about her experience in government, as well as her fundraising prowess.

"I think it's great," said Marc Lasry, the CEO of investment firm Avenue Capital Group. "She's going to help Joe immensely. He picked the perfect partner." Lasry is also a part owner of the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:30am On Aug 12, 2020
feedthenation:

He says Pence will remain his pick.

Clueless man.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 12:31am On Aug 12, 2020
Every American knows that College Sports as in Basketball and Football is big in America. The Big 10 and The Big East are pulling out of College Football this year because of Trumpvirus. Meanwhile, over 167.000 dead Americans and 30 million Americans unemployed. For the lovers of the fat smelly Orange Pig, numbers like that do not win reelection in America.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:31am On Aug 12, 2020
They are trying so hard to decampaign Harris on twitter.
Trumptards are so delusional.
Kpele grin grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 12:40am On Aug 12, 2020
Fat orange turd called Trump will eventually end up in jail.

I am so happy for Kamala, her family, all Indians/Jamaicans and other minority races in the US. She is set to make history.

We Canadians are with Biden/Harris all the way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by feedthenation(m): 12:54am On Aug 12, 2020
Fox News political commentator:
Doug Schoen: Kamala Harris as VP pick was smart move by Biden

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/kamala-harris-vp-biden-doug-schoen

Today, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden, announced that his vice-presidential pick is Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.

To be sure, it is clear that Harris was Biden’s only logical choice.

In order to build the general election coalition necessary to win, Biden needed to choose a running mate who meets three critical criteria.

First, and foremost, Biden’s selection needed to be someone who has the ability, experience and stature to assume the presidency at any moment, given Biden’s age and questions surrounding his mental acuity. This is in many ways was the most important quality for Biden’s running mate, given that the Trump campaign has made Biden’s age and mental fitness a centerpiece of their attacks against him.

Second, given that the Democratic party has moved further to the left — and the progressive movement is clearly on the march — Biden’s vice president needed to be somewhat of a unifying figure for progressives and centrists, as well as Independents.

Third, Biden’s candidacy is facing a clear enthusiasm deficit among Democrats. Indeed, Democratic voters are less motivated by genuine enthusiasm for Biden, and more by their dislike of Trump. Accordingly, Biden’s ideal vice president needed to be someone who can excite two critical voting blocs in the Democratic base — Non-White voters and young voters — and drive these voters to actually turn out on election day.

To be sure, Harris was the only viable contender who fit this role.

Harris possesses the experience, qualifications and stature that are essential for the position, given her record as an experienced prosecutor, former state attorney general and current senator with national recognition.

This is from Fox News, not Fake News

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PremierGuy(m): 12:57am On Aug 12, 2020
salford1:

I am so happy for Kamala, her family, all Indians/Jamaicans and other minority races in the US. She is set to make history.

Even the British are not left out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53739323

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 1:00am On Aug 12, 2020
PremierGuy:

Even the British are not left out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53739323

Most of Europe want the inept orange buffooon out of the Oval Office. What's he good for, absolutely nothing. I remember that song very well.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SonofLincoln: 1:02am On Aug 12, 2020
salford1:

I was having that discussion with my brother couple days ago. No one hates Trump more than I do but I do not want him in jail after he lost in November. I just want the mentally ill 74 year old Racist to go away from our National discuss.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 1:13am On Aug 12, 2020
Bluebyrd:
Kamala Harris is a far-left radical,

Kamala Harris' positions:

– banning fracking

– banning plastic straws

– using executive orders to ban "assault weapons"

– phasing out private healthcare insurance;

– nearly-complete restriction of religious freedom to the private sphere.

She's an extreme leftist wacko!
All these stuffs you listed are good things. Nothing far left about it, but how would you know when you have never left your village. You are just posting junks off white supremacists websites grin

As an example: I work in the energy industry and I support banning fracking. I am far from being far left. I see myself as central left.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 1:14am On Aug 12, 2020
SonofLincoln:
I was having that discussion with my brother couple days ago. No one hates Trump more than I do but I do not want him in jail after he lost in November. I just want the mentally ill 74 year old Racist to go away from our National discuss.
You just want him to dissapear grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by donjazet(m): 1:16am On Aug 12, 2020
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by salford1: 1:17am On Aug 12, 2020
AmazonTopaz:
They are trying so hard to decampaign Harris on twitter.
Trumptards are so delusional.
Kpele grin grin
I would spend my night on twitter with a glass of wine grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) ... (4149) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.