Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,144 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' (7940 Views)

Obasanjo Supports Buhari, Warns Against Coup / Nigerians Being Scorned And Mocked In Malawi / If Obasanjo Supports Atiku For 2011, Yaradua Is A Goner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 6:57pm On May 26, 2010
LOL, Mon africains sans emploi sont à nouveau qu'il

Obasanjo no get work. I thought he was in bible college or something. Anyways this is what you would get fro backward thinking people with brains in a vat.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Katsumoto: 7:02pm On May 26, 2010
OAM4J:

saga & Katsumoto

Conservative or not, filter liberalism or not, no guy will ever hold my yansh. embarassed sad angry  I dont mind finding out what it will feel like lying with 2 or more girls tho, cheesy grin cos that is not un-african. grin

Pally,

Do you know any ex-gay guys? That is, guys that used to take it in the a.r.s.e but don't anymore? The minute you let anyone, women included, put anything in your anal rectum, you are gay. There is nothing you can do about it. The thing must be sweet in a perverted sense. So proceed at your own risk. grin
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Katsumoto: 7:05pm On May 26, 2010
Sagamite:

Don't be surprised.

Gay rights is supreme in the UK.

It even surpasses child rights if the 2 conflicts. Talkless of African rights.

Useless country in moral meltdown.

I know; I was being sarcastic. Some do-gooders are probably planning a protest at Blair the next time he is in the UK.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by OAM4J: 7:07pm On May 26, 2010
Katsumoto:

Pally,

Do you know any ex-gay guys? That is, guys that used to take it in the a.r.s.e but don't anymore? The minute you let anyone, women included, put anything in your anal rectum, you are gay. There is nothing you can do about it. The thing must be sweet in a perverted sense. So proceed at your own risk.  grin

^^^eewo! kamari! (taboo) no guy or girl dey put anything for my yansh. na me go put for dem toto
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 7:07pm On May 26, 2010
Katsumoto:

Pally,

Do you know any ex-gay guys? That is, guys that used to take it in the a.r.s.e but don't anymore? The minute you let anyone, women included, put anything in your anal rectum, you are gay. There is nothing you can do about it. The thing must be sweet in a perverted sense. So proceed at your own risk.  grin

No a.na.l sex is not fun, I can assure you so I doubt gay people do it for fun lolz. You would be surprised that some gay people dont actually like a.n.al sex.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Sagamite(m): 7:09pm On May 26, 2010
OAM4J:

I still wonder why a lot of you people will not give obj benefit of doubts that he slept with his son's wife.

The only evidence you all have is that his' son who had a grouse with him and a love lost situation with his wife said so.

I dont know why obj will do that, for all he worths in naija, the guy can line up 100 ladies for himself daily, why would he pick his sons's wife?

Exactly, I am open minded about the accusation.

My opinion is: Which ever of the father or son is guilty (i.e. psuedo-incest or lying about incest) is very very sick.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 7:10pm On May 26, 2010
intimacy is adventurous.If a woman is is going to whack your yansh for fun,it is not a bad adventure.Doing the same thing could be dead boring sometimes
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 7:15pm On May 26, 2010
The only thing sacred and dignifying about man is true love,unconditional love.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by OAM4J: 7:16pm On May 26, 2010
FL Gators:

So what if he supports it? Who cares?

What baffles me is why ppl are still seeing this old bag as an important public figure.

Moving on. . . . now what does Goodluck Jonathan thinks about this?

off topic!
like your new signature. wish i can see you shake them. cheesy Intel tells me you've got big ones.

Now back to the topic!
like or hate it, obj will always be an important public figure. i dont know whether its God or destiny that made it so.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by redsun(m): 7:18pm On May 26, 2010
Obasanjo can only matter to those who doesn't know otherwise,the down trodden.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2010
Intel tells me you've got big ones.

CIA, NSA, FBI- which one grin?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by OAM4J: 7:37pm On May 26, 2010
^^^ na you sabi. why I go tell you? may be na SSS or Nigeria Police, wetin concern you grin
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Katsumoto: 7:38pm On May 26, 2010
OAM4J:

off topic!
like your new signature. wish i can see you shake them. cheesy Intel tells me you've got big ones.

I got similar intel; not sure if its the same intel.  wink
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by zebra543: 7:38pm On May 26, 2010
OBJ has a right to say what he thinks, he just needs to find a wa of being politically correct while saying it. in the case of homosexuality- he cant!  These gentleman were too excited, they decided to breach the law and get married. No matter what people think about rights the law is the law and people should damn well follow it!!! NOBODY even homosexuals are above it!! even though OBJ will not be familiar with that!
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by jumobi1(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2010
idk jor. Leave the homos alone. It isn't criminal at all.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by OAM4J: 7:43pm On May 26, 2010
^^^ I smell a broken a$$ undecided
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 26, 2010
I support baba iyabo on this
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 7:59pm On May 26, 2010

Obasanjo, whose human rights record was questioned during his two separate spells as president of Nigeria, denied that consenting adults have a right to privacy in their own homes. "What is the privacy of your home? Why don't you take an animal and say look, the privacy of your home, you want to make love to a horse? Bestiality. You say that is right? No.

"If the privacy of your home means a socially condemnable act, then you have no privacy. You have done what you should not do and if the law says you should be punished for it, whether you do it in public or the privacy of your home, you have breached the law and you must be punished, according to the law."

Immediately after the interview, Obasanjo could be seen discussing the difference of opinion with Annan. Later, on his way out, Annan smiled and told the Guardian: "I'll work on him."

1. Consenting adults should have a right to privacy in their homes. Its a fundamental human right.
2. See the difference between Annan's opinions and trhat of Obasanjo. Annan is quite an intelligent man, although eh might be corrupt- aint all africans- obasanjo is as ignorant as african statemen go.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by chiketee(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2010
what does obj know about the rule of law. this ota farmer shamelessly broke all d laws in his 8 years of tyranical ruling. HYPOCRISY. pls i cant really wait for jesus to come and do the supposed judging. it will surprise u dat obj and all of the people in this thread, infact 99% of people in the world will find themselves in hell, excluding me of course. we tend to over judge for God. we give no room to really try and understand things that are really strange to us, then again humans aren't as evolved as we think
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Gamesmart: 10:45pm On May 26, 2010
SEFAGO:

1. Consenting adults should have a right to privacy in their homes. Its a fundamental human right.

If it is a fundamental human right, so why is polygamy unlawful in the US even if consenting adults want to engage in it? Why is there a law to block it? Why would the law not recognise it but recognise civil unions?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by snowdrops(m): 11:19pm On May 26, 2010
OBJ is right on this.

But should sleeping with your daughter-in-law not attract similar harsh punishment?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 11:30pm On May 26, 2010
Gamesmart:

If it is a fundamental human right, so why is polygamy unlawful in the US even if consenting adults want to engage in it? Why is there a law to block it? Why would the law not recognise it but recognise civil unions?

LOL  the polygamy law argument. So boring, and trite. Well I got a few minutes to waste. B4 you refer to US law be aware that there in the US there are:
1. Federal law
2. State law

Polygamy is recommended as a felony under the Federal Model penal code- which is a standardized set of laws that the state legislature use as a model to make their laws. However it is not illegal in some states. Moreover, although it might be a felony, it is rarely pursues as such. Especially in the case you have referred to as consenting adults with no formal engagements.

For example, I could have  eight wives  grin, and remain undisturbed. As long as I do not marry them formally (like in court) then I am technically not breaking any laws. However, they could cohabit with me. Then if my jealous neighbor finds out I could maybe taken to court- its 100% likely that the judge would drop the case out of boredom and the stupidity of the case, as long as the eight wives are not being assaulted or anything or there is no child abuse involved. Infact the judge would koboko the neighbor for wasting his time when there are homicides and despoiling going on in an already overstretched and litigious country.

Basically to cut it short, polygamy is not "illegal" in the US in the sense of the true sense. People practise polygamy especially the Mormons. I am sure Utah has very lax laws on polygamy because of the high proportion of Mormons. The only time it becomes a major problem when it involves child abuse, domestic violence and such.

By the way polygamy is not recognized in some states in Nigeria under our legal code, and even in lagos- but polygamy dey go on fine fine.

Moot Argument
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 11:32pm On May 26, 2010
snowdrops:

OBJ is right on this.

But should sleeping with your daughter-in-law not attract similar harsh punishment?

Why though? Did he rape her? Or did she not agree?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by snowdrops(m): 11:34pm On May 26, 2010
You ask as if i was in the bedroom with them during the negotiation tongue
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 11:44pm On May 26, 2010
Errm seems Obasanjo negotiated beautiful, I wonder why all the brouhaha.

All this silly talk with claims to superior morality. Bertolt Brecht comes to mind whenever I discuss with individuals about the difference between right and wrong, his statement "Whats the difference between a jemmy and a share certificate? Whats breaking into a bank compared to founding one", captures human hypocrisy.

Abeg Malawi should focus on the massive corruption in their country joor.
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Gamesmart: 12:39am On May 27, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL  the polygamy law argument. So boring, and trite. Well I got a few minutes to waste. B4 you refer to US law be aware that there in the US there are:
1. Federal law
2. State law

Polygamy is recommended as a felony under the Federal Model penal code- which is a standardized set of laws that the state legislature use as a model to make their laws. However it is not illegal in some states. Moreover, although it might be a felony, it is rarely pursues as such. Especially in the case you have referred to as consenting adults with no formal engagements.

For example, I could have  eight wives  grin, and remain undisturbed. As long as I do not marry them formally (like in court) then I am technically not breaking any laws. However, they could cohabit with me. Then if my jealous neighbor finds out I could maybe taken to court- its 100% likely that the judge would drop the case out of boredom and the stupidity of the case, as long as the eight wives are not being assaulted or anything or there is no child abuse involved. Infact the judge would koboko the neighbor for wasting his time when there are homicides and despoiling going on in an already overstretched and litigious country.

Basically to cut it short, polygamy is not "illegal" in the US in the sense of the true sense. People practise polygamy especially the Mormons. I am sure Utah has very lax laws on polygamy because of the high proportion of Mormons. The only time it becomes a major problem when it involves child abuse, domestic violence and such.

By the way polygamy is not recognized in some states in Nigeria under our legal code, and even in lagos- but polygamy dey go on fine fine.

Moot Argument

So to cut it short, you are saying there are laws that ban it, it is not recognise by the federal government as you can not formalise it and people can be charged to court despite being consenting adults?

So it is not a fundamental human right then?

But yet, they are using that argument of consenting adults to tell Africa to legalise homosexuality and allow marriage/civil union?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 12:46am On May 27, 2010
Gamesmart:

So to cut it short, you are saying there are laws that ban it, it is not recognise by the federal government as you can not formalise it and people can be charged to court despite being consenting adults?

So it is not a fundamental human right then?

But yet, they are using that argument of consenting adults to tell Africa to legalise homosexuality and allow marriage/civil union?

It is not banned again lol. You are using the wrong words. Considering the fact that it is law, I got the right to be worried about semantics.

Homosexual cohabitation is not recognized in most parts of the US too. So whats your point?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Gamesmart: 12:50am On May 27, 2010
SEFAGO:

It is not banned again lol. You are using the wrong words. Considering the fact that it is law, I got the right to be worried about semantics.

Homosexual cohabitation is not recognized in most parts of the US too. So whats your point?

My point is that, you were wrong when you said it was a fundamental human right as you proposed. Is that not so?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by SEFAGO(m): 12:54am On May 27, 2010
No, I didnt  wink. You cannot get a warrant from a state defence attorney to break up polygamous relations lol. The US respects the rights of individuals to do what they want in their house lol.

However, they try and prevent somethings with laws. People's fundamental rights are still being protected, just that the Governement does not give them any legal status.

Further, the trouble is not about their homosexuality, but the fact that they "celebrated their engagement" which I do might be contrary to the law of some countries.

Hold on I am missing something here . . .
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Sagamite(m): 1:00am On May 27, 2010
You used this:

SEFAGO:

1. Federal law
2. State law

Moot Argument

To back up this:

SEFAGO:

I must tell you, that is a disgrace to your alma mater. *Shakes head*
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Gamesmart: 1:00am On May 27, 2010
SEFAGO:

No, I didnt  wink. You cannot get a warrant from a state defence attorney to break up polygamous relations lol. The US respects the rights of individuals to do what they want in their house lol.

However, they try and prevent somethings with laws. People's fundamental rights are still being protected, just that the Governement does not give them any legal status

But you are not allowed to express your (so-called) fundamental human rights as you can not formalise it in the eyes of the law? So it is not a fundamental human right then, it is a right you are allowed to have as long as government officials decide to ignore/tolerate it?
Re: Obasanjo Supports Malawi Government: Condemns Homosexuality As An 'abomination' by Beaf: 1:04am On May 27, 2010
Nonsense! Make dem leave our uncle shege jare! The thing that is grinding us right now, is how an ex-gov turned senator has successfully organised an international "marriage" to a 13 year old child. How come there is little noise about this in the West? Is it more acceptable than homophobia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rumor Of Boko Haram Plan To Bomb Lagos – How True? / Quit Notice: Governor Shettima & Arewa Youth Leaders In A Closed Door Meeting / 1966 Coup-igbos Vindicated. ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.