Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,647 members, 7,851,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:50 PM

'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character (67945 Views)

How Yahaya’s Appointment Questions Buhari’s Commitment To Federal Character / James Kolo Is Dead! Kwara Federal Character Commission Nominee Dies / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:29am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

there is a reason why you people are conferred with the title of "Afonja". know ye well

emir of iwo grin
ibo came up with the title afonja a refrence to afonja of ilorin who betray his fellow Yoruba. In Nigeria politics that aboki are know for they are well know there by betraying every single person. U had a love affair with the ibo at the beginning of the country independence u betray them. Hausa betray their own ethnic Hausa leaders by collaborating with Fulani to overthrow them. I wonder why Hausa betrayal are not spoken on more coz no tribe has betray his own tribe more than Hausa. Till today in Hausa land in the north a Fulani is the ruler so don’t be too quick to shout “afonja”

2 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by King44(m): 11:29am On May 25, 2018
ariesbull:

Oga why do you yoruba so scared if standing on your own..must you learn and lean on others ...unity isn't by force and that is what you don't get and that's why patriotism is tooo low here
Yorrubas are not scared of u see any Yoruba clamoring for secession they are doing it for self benefit, the Yorrubas are positive, smart and impartial that is why they are always stubborn to take sides I'm some things that does not look promising
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:30am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

there is a reason why you people are conferred with the title of "Afonja". know ye well

emir of iwo grin

Your foolishness is being displayed by each post, typical of an abokii. Ilorin issue is beyond your brain capacity. If emir means king or leader, emir of Iwo, Lagos, ibadan....... Is just an arabic interpretation of an oba. So I don't see any issue about it just like saying king of Iwo, Lagos, ibadan..... That's just the English interpretation. But I don't expect an abokii to know.

I'm done bringing myself to your level.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Thanks for generalizing. you are very intelligent.
not generalizing if it’s the truth millions of aboki needs help. Little innocent kid are born daily that will soon grow up to be menance and jihadist to society my hearts bleed for them seriously.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
ibo came up with the title afonja a refrence to afonja of ilorin who betray his fellow Yoruba. In Nigeria politics that aboki are know for they are well know there by betraying every single person. U had a love affair with the ibo at the beginning of the country independence u betray them. Hausa betray their own ethnic Hausa leaders by collaborating with Fulani to overthrow them. I wonder why Hausa betrayal are not spoken on more coz no tribe has betray his own tribe more than Hausa. Till today in Hausa land in the north a Fulani is the ruler so don’t be too quick to shout “afonja”

you are contradicting yourself here. you just said that we betray everyone. if such is so then how is it that we are ruled by fulani?

wasnt it dan fodio the one that betrayed Sarkin Yunfa?
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by bigfish3k: 11:33am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
my guy u are not deceiving anybody except urself. Any Yoruba that believes that takes anything an Ibo man say is worse than any “caliphate worshipping slave” coz nothin will delight them more like this current one am quoting that a war should happen between Yoruba Muslim/Christian which will be practically impossible since most Yoruba have brothers, sisters, wife’s, sons and daughters that adhere to both a religion. I know u won’t take my advice but ur attempt to cause division is doa

hope u have heard or read about a place in yorubaland that are protesting that their oba title should be changed to that of an emir because they are majorly muslims. that means they want to be a muslim before being a Yoruba. I regard that as an insult on your tribe and tradition.
it smacks of inferiority. imagine, a sophisticated tribe

2 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:33am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

Your foolishness is being displayed by each post, typical of an abokii. Ilorin issue is beyond your brain capacity. If emir means king or leader, emir of Iwo, Lagos, ibadan....... Is just an arabic interpretation of an oba. So I don't see any issue about it just like saying king of Iwo, Lagos, ibadan..... That's just the English interpretation. But I don't expect an abokii to know.

the emir of iwo saga has been resolved with the idiot denying it. No bigger betrayer than Hausa in this world who with their own hand overthrow all their leader in favor of cattle herder called Fulani
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:34am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

have you ever heard of a Hausa Sarki or Fula emir call himself Oba of so and so place or igwe or whatever. clearly shows who is the slave.

the slavery also reflects in your given names. ive seen Yorubas with our names but you will never find a Hausa or Fulani with Yoruba first names. only slaves keep the names of their masters.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:36am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
not generalizing if it’s the truth millions of aboki needs help. Little innocent kid are born daily that will soon grow up to be menance and jihadist to society my hearts bleed for them seriously.

I'm a Pagan Traditionalist. I don't need to worry about my kids growing up as jihadis or bullshyts.

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:36am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
the emir of iwo saga has been resolved with the idiot denying it. No bigger betrayer than Hausa in this world who with their own hand overthrow all their leader in favor of cattle herder called Fulani

I told the abokii already that there's no emir of Iwo but he kept repeating himself as if emir is a fulani word. Emri is an arabic word and even if there's an emir of Iwo I don't see how it concerns an abokii.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2018
bigfish3k:

hope u have heard or read about a place in yorubaland that are protesting that their oba title should be changed to that of an emir because they are majorly muslims. that means they want to be a muslim before being a Yoruba. I regard that as an insult on your tribe and tradition.
my guy have u heard of a place in ibo land where the traditional ruler there converted to Islam and change is name to Muslim name. A ibo man being Muslim is the same as Hausa being Christian a betrayer to their tribe imagine a whole chest beating so called the most intelligent tribe in the world tolerating their traditional leader being Muslim a religion despise by ibo so much. I thinks it reeks of inferiority complex soon he will want a caliphate in his land.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:40am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

have you ever heard of a Hausa Sarki or Fula emir call himself Oba of so and so place or igwe or whatever. clearly shows who is the slave.

the slavery also reflects in your given names. ive seen Yorubas with our names but you will never find a Hausa or Fulani with Yoruba first names. only slaves keep the names of their masters.

Do you have names? When did Islamic/Arabic names become fulani? Or Islam is now a fulani origin? So emir is now a fulani origin. United Arab Emirates must be slaves to fulani then. Can you mention hausa/fulani names that Yorubas bear?

You see why you don't have a brain? An average hausa/fulani is a cow.

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2018
You have to understand the problem here.
After Awolowo there has been a slew of Muslim 'leaders' in the SW
NONE has put the interest of the region 1st. They are either fighting for Arabic in schools or crap like that
Lets put Yoruba 1st

Firstpage:

But you started with the insult. Forgot so soon?

The point I'm making is Akintola is a misguided extremist just like some misguided Christians like ffk who are ready to sell the SW to the ibos. But you can't just represent the whole faith with some handful of misguided individuals. There will always be a Judas in every twelve. I have even called for the arrest of Akintola in one of my posts here.

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:42am On May 25, 2018
bigfish3k:

Please where is that place in Yoruba land and give me the link to the news.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

lol ur name show me one Yoruba with Hausa name. I hope u are not calling Islamic ur name now coz I have actually seen some deluded northerners who believe the Islamic name are their traditional name. There is no emir of iwo. His title according to him remains the oluwo of iwo oba akanbi. He said he can be called igwe by ibo if they want or emir by Muslim if the want as an “Islamic leader”
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:43am On May 25, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
NONE has put the interest of the region 1st. They are either fighting for Arabic in schools or crap like that
Lets put Yoruba 1st

who are this leaders
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:43am On May 25, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Lets put Yoruba 1st

Can you name these 'leaders'? Because I don't know any Yoruba leader except Awolowo.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:44am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

Do you have names? When did Islamic/Arabic names become fulani? Or Islam is now a fulani origin? So emir is now a fulani origin. United Arab Emirates must be slaves to fulani then. Can you mention hausa/fulani names that Yorubas bear?

was surprised too “our name”
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:44am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

even the islamic names you keep are Fulani versions of it. not arabic ones

and one more thing...go check out the attire of the imams in your local mosque. you will see these full blooded Yorubas wearing our Hausa attire.no where in the quran it says to wear Hausa attire but you do it. you wont find Yoruba imams wearing their traditional cloth for prayers. which shows who the real slaves are! grin
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:46am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

you are contradicting yourself here. you just said that we betray everyone. if such is so then how is it that we are ruled by fulani?

wasnt it dan fodio the one that betrayed Saekin Rumfa?
dan fodio Fulani betrayed rumba, the rest of ur people made it possible and joined dan fodio in overthrowing all other Hausa leaders so Fulani and Hausa are both betrayer.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:46am On May 25, 2018
bigfish3k:

I'm still waiting for the link to the news. I know many of you brainless ibos pull news out of your anus. Give me the link to the news where yoruba Muslims protested to change their oba to emir or ogun strike you down.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:46am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
lol ur name show me one Yoruba with Hausa name. I hope u are not calling Islamic ur name now coz I have actually seen some deluded northerners who believe the Islamic name are their traditional name. There is no emir of iwo. His title according to him remains the oluwo of iwo oba akanbi. He said he can be called igwe by ibo if they want or emir by Muslim if the want as an “Islamic leader”

hahaha ofcourse after facing so much shame and backlash he had to backtrack.

oh and dont worry about me. i have pure Hausa names . as for the islamic names i habe explained them above. they are hausaized versions you use.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:48am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

I'm still waiting for the link to the news. I know many of you brainless ibos pull news out of your anus. Give me the link to the news where yoruba Muslims protested to change their oba to emir or ogun strike you down.

Google the news! the muslims of iwo themselves led protest to call him the new Emir!

if i had the patience id search it myself. it was even on Nairaland fp. this shows the level of afonja slavery
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Ofemannnu: 11:48am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

Are you not a conquered iboe slave?
grin
Conquered slaves is an understatement.Igbos have been slaves from time immemorial.Even small Ijaw minority tribe took them as slaves.Slavery is imbedded in their DNA.Even there is a Yoruba group in Igboland who had become Igbos because of assimilation,the real Igbos are true to type,slaves under them till today.Slavish things wanting companions grin
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:49am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

even the islamic names you keep are Fulani versions of it. not arabic ones

and one more thing...go check out the attire of the imams in your local mosque. you will see these full blooded Yorubas wearing our Hausa attire.no where in the quran it says to wear Hausa attire but you do it. you wont find Yoruba imams wearing their traditional cloth for prayers. which shows who the real slaves are! grin

Just blabbing. Gibee the names or STFU. I knew this won't end well, conversing with an hausaman. No reasonable thing will come out of it. Hausa version of Arabic names. Lol.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:49am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Google the news! the muslims of iwo themselves led protest to call him the new Emir!

if i had the patience id search it myself. it was even on Nairaland fp. this shows the level of afonja slavery

Ignored.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:51am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
dan fodio Fulani betrayed rumba, the rest of ur people made it possible and joined dan fodio in overthrowing all other Hausa leaders so Fulani and Hausa are both betrayer.

Sarkin Yunfa. typo.

NONSENSE! We Hausa Maguzawa fought back but lost. there is a difference!
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:52am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

hahaha ofcourse after facing so much shame and backlash he had to backtrack.

oh and dont worry about me. i have pure Hausa names . as for the islamic names i habe explained them above. they are hausaized versions you use.
but he did backtrack. What do u mean Hausanized. Bukhari is now buhari without the k but it’s still pronounce Bukhari by Islamic people. Ketu is written as ketou in Benin republic Yoruba but still pronounce Ketu. Nothin called Hausanized in a name that’s understood everywhere in the Islamic world. U are just embarrassing urself. Hausa doesn’t have name anymore but Arabic name. Yoruba bears Moshood Olamide even if it’s Islamic first and last name a Yoruba name will still be there but Hausa all Islamic name u bear and u can’t claim it.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Sarkin Yunfa. typo.

NONSENSE! We Hausa Maguzawa fought back but lost. there is a difference!
u lost coz of ur internal betrayal or u want to lie that dan fodio didn’t have Hausa soldiers and till today no Hausa is doing anything to reclaim their land
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:59am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

Ignored.
u should ignored even if they did they were probably paid people to show support to the bastard akanbi after attack on him nearly crippled him. This is to show that even the Yoruba Muslim they ibo are know to shout doesn’t even agree with him. According to akanbi himself he said and I quote i remain oluwo of iwo telu Oba Akanbi.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by bigfish3k: 12:04pm On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

About 42,600 results (0.50 seconds)
Search Results
CONTROVERSY: Yoruba Oba drops title, becomes Emir - Vanguard ...
https://www.vanguardngr.com › News

Mar 31, 2018 - The Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi yesterday made history when he dropped the the title of Oba and declared his ...
Missing: kogi
Wading into the Oba-Emir debate, By Raheem Oluwafunminiyi ...
www.newsexpressngr.com › News › Opinion

1 day ago - First, it is important to state here that the writer has no cause whatsoever to defend ... While the religious demography may have changed a bit in Iwo today, ... neither does it de-emphasise the Oba title common among Yoruba ... Rights group queries IGP Ibrahim Idris' certificate · Kogi commences payment ...
Rise and fall of Iwo Emirate - The Sun
sunnewsonline.com/rise-and-fall-of-iwo-emirate/

Apr 19, 2018 - The Iwo Emirate created by the Oluwo of Iwo, Osun State, Oba ... Emir is a kingship title that is peculiar to the northern monarchs, while Oba is exclusive to Yoruba in South West, a large part of Kwara State as well parts of Kogi, Delta and Edo states. ... I rise to say that he is not speaking for Iwo people.
Iwo monarch clears controversy over 'Emir of Yorubaland' title ...
https://www.onlinenigeria.com/.../latestnews/24837-iwo-monarch-clears-controversy-ov...
Apr 1, 2018 - The Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has ... The monarch had reportedly said he adopted the Emir title, which is peculiar to the North in place of Oba, a title connected with the south, because northern Emirs “do not ... He asked if he could stop people from addressing him as Emir if ...
Oluwo of Iwo: I haven't adopted the title of an emir | TODAY.NG
https://www.today.ng › Culture

Apr 1, 2018 - The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi, has denied adopting ... and Delta states, that he had no such powers to confer an Islamic title, ...
Yoruba Youths Knock Oluwo For Adopting Emir Title, Turban ...
https://newspapers.naijamotherland.com/.../yoruba-youths-knock-oluwo-for-adopting...

Apr 2, 2018 - Will he be allowed to change the title to that of evangelist or what or will he be ... Wearing a turban is like importing the culture of some other people into Yorubaland. ... However, the Oluwo has denied adopting the title of an Emir contrary to .... Sunday, April 1, 2018 - the oluwo of iwoland in osun state, oba ...
Yoruba youths attack Oba Akanbi for dressing like Emir, adopting title
nigeria.shafaqna.com/EN/NG/5281944

Apr 3, 2018 - Yoruba youths attack Oba Akanbi for dressing like Emir, adopting title. ... Oba Adewale Akanbi, condemning his alleged adoption of the title of an Emir. ... FIFA to trial yellow cards for coaches, changes to goal-kick and subs laws. - nigerianeye. Russia Accuses Britain, United States Amid Spy Poisoning Row.
Nupe people - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nupe_people

The Nupe, traditionally called the Tapa by the neighbouring Yoruba, are an ethnic group located primarily in the Middle Belt and northern Nigeria, and are the dominant group in Niger State, an important minority in Kwara State and present in Kogi State as well. ... It is said that the famous Yoruba oba or king, Shango (also known as Jakuta) ...
Subjects stage protest in support of Oluwo of Iwo as Emir of Yoruba ...
Video for people protesting in kogi state for their oba title to be changed to that of an emir
▶ 1:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVIHM__zLx0
Apr 15, 2018 - Uploaded by Uncensored
The solidarity rally was in support of Oluwo, Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi as the Emir of Yoruba land ...
Page 432 – Punch Newspapers
punchng.com/page/432/?from_index=341&author=Olabisi-Deji-Folutile...

The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi, has denied adopting the title of an emir, ... Edo and Delta states, that he had no such powers to confer an Islamic title, which ... The statement read, “Oluwo has never adopted the Emir title; he only said he could ..... APC UK changes national pledge, says, 'We pledge to Buhari' ...
please check these titles before ogun strike u

2 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:06pm On May 25, 2018
The Adedibu's, Akala's, Tinubu's and company

Firstpage:

Can you name these 'leaders'? Because I don't know any Yoruba leader except Awolowo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Tinubu's Achievements As Lagos Governor / Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% / Viral Video Of Seven Policemen Escorting Man With Cow, Force PRO Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.