Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character (67825 Views)

How Yahaya’s Appointment Questions Buhari’s Commitment To Federal Character / James Kolo Is Dead! Kwara Federal Character Commission Nominee Dies / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 8:49am On May 25, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

The southwest is done with Nigeria. It's the northerners who are scared of leaving the union and are always ready to shed blood to be able to continue enjoying the oil money.

That being said, the majority of you Igbos are so greedy that you never learn from your mistakes circa 1966 and you refuse to properly examine the cost-implications of your Biafra agitation. Mind you, if you had Biafra tomorrow, count the oil producing communities out of it because they are definitely aware of your selfish motives by now grin
What are you saying na? It wasn't as if the igbos had a choice when they were cornered and marked for total extinction after the 1966 coup. I don't know why some of you intentionally distort history whenever the igbos are concerned. Igbos were killed in their numbers in 1947 or so and 1956 or so,too, for no provocation from them. In fact,one of those mass killings of mostly the igbos in the north was as a result of a meeting held in Lagos State in the built up to independence, when the northern elites felt insulted by their south-west counterparts. I understand those occurrences might have triggered the igbo populace to celebrate the 1966 coup, even though the plotters may have not done it in their regard. (We all know that the attendant lack of national unity due to the constant striving between the political parties,esp. northern NPC and AG parties, and the resultant breakdown of law and order, could have prompted the coup). So, in fact,the present hate for the igbos should stop now if we must agree that Delta State and indeed the south south is not part of Biafra, since the state of the leader of the coup has been zoned into south south--now Delta State. Every honest historian must make amend that notion of Igbo coup to reflect present reality. It should now be known as a south south coup; but well,if you still want to be bias,u can always point to the number of the coup plotters who answered Igbotic names. But again, subsequent coup were not given an ethnic coloration. It is your bias if you are one of them. To buttress my point,it has been said that the rampaging herdsmen are a fragment of the Bororo people of the fulanis,and therefore argued that they are not a representation of every law abiding fulani people; and we have all agreed on the rationale of the submission. But,we every now and then we fail to agree same with the coup of 1966.
Talking about the present agitations for Biafra, you will agree with me that those things(injustices) that caused the Civil War are very much alive, therefore you don't expect them to keep quiet. If the Yorubas could agitate for separation even at that early stage of independence,and likewise the Niger-Deltans,for purely resources control--how much more reasons do the igbos need to agitate when their lives are constantly threatened, their rights are suppressed,and all that shit? #ps. I am not Igbo.

6 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by diplomat058(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2018
Simbrixton:

Do all igbos talk and think like you it says a lot about you if so. First of all we yorubas fear no one we have been fighting the fulanis when you guys where enjoying your ofe nsala and palm wine in the 1870s, the psychology of fear only came about when the whites added you guys to our problem and gave us Nigeria yorubas survived when other great tribes like the nupe and benin empire died today we are more in population than the benin our equals previously and important cousins
2)this is the first time yoruba would ally with fulanis tinubu/osinbajo alliance and you igbos are already fighting to take that position hence the 2023 campaign
3)no one prays for division of Nigeria more than me and my leader but you igbos are our biggest problem in 1998 when my group was still young a lot of igbos where actually pushing Abacha to hit the yoruba race hard so we would be forced into a civil war i believe the motivation was revenge
4) our leader said something then igbos dont want biafra if they do they would still hate the fulanis most igbo hate is transferred on yorubas but are afraid of fulani that was when i realised ndigbo has given up on biafra
5)i am a Conservative yoruba we don't believe in Nigeria and we want secession look i don't care if you igbos hate me i just want liberal yorubas to believe in oduduwa Republic its better we rule ourselves we may not be wealthier but i promise you in the long run you wont regret fighting for yoruba freedom
Madridguy na you i dey find and otger yorubas that believe in this failed country
Finally, here is someone, a Yoruba who shares the same nationalistic orientation with me. I like you bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by CSTR1003: 9:03am On May 25, 2018
Where is QuotaSystem and the rest of his abokii hordes?

Of course, they won't say anything.

The SE/SS don't like the north, so the abokiis here know they have no card to play by pitting one against the other.
More like between the devil and the deep blue sea.

If this was an igbo monarch, the abokiis on nairaland would have started insulting the igbo people and appeal to Yoruba selfish sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 9:04am On May 25, 2018
Sarkin:

We are very united. And forever will we be united. We won't listen to anyone encouraging us to hate each other.
Ok. Good luck. just
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 9:04am On May 25, 2018
Sarkin:

We are very united. And forever will we be united. We won't listen to anyone encouraging us to hate each other.
Ok. Good luck. j
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by harjorlarh(m): 9:06am On May 25, 2018
PapalsBull:

True

A Yoruba Man would prefer working in the bank or in office rather than tending to cows

A
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2018
Simbrixton:

Do all igbos talk and think like you it says a lot about you if so. First of all we yorubas fear no one we have been fighting the fulanis when you guys where enjoying your ofe nsala and palm wine in the 1870s, the psychology of fear only came about when the whites added you guys to our problem and gave us Nigeria yorubas survived when other great tribes like the nupe and benin empire died today we are more in population than the benin our equals previously and important cousins
2)this is the first time yoruba would ally with fulanis tinubu/osinbajo alliance and you igbos are already fighting to take that position hence the 2023 campaign
3)no one prays for division of Nigeria more than me and my leader but you igbos are our biggest problem in 1998 when my group was still young a lot of igbos where actually pushing Abacha to hit the yoruba race hard so we would be forced into a civil war i believe the motivation was revenge
4) our leader said something then igbos dont want biafra if they do they would still hate the fulanis most igbo hate is transferred on yorubas but are afraid of fulani that was when i realised ndigbo has given up on biafra
5)i am a Conservative yoruba we don't believe in Nigeria and we want secession look i don't care if you igbos hate me i just want liberal yorubas to believe in oduduwa Republic its better we rule ourselves we may not be wealthier but i promise you in the long run you wont regret fighting for yoruba freedom
Madridguy na you i dey find and otger yorubas that believe in this failed country
ok.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Simbrixton(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2018
diplomat058:
Finally, here is someone, a Yoruba who shares the same nationalistic orientation with me. I like you bro

Thanks a lot my friend
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2018
Mccullum:

It seems you fail to understand that majority of Yorubas are Muslims while the minority are Christians, even most of Yoruba Christians converted from Islam to Christianity.
Yorubas maturity allow freedom of religion in her region.
I checked your comments and profile, not disappoited. You are a yoruba muslim grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Simbrixton(m): 9:11am On May 25, 2018
Elliot2:
What are you saying na? It wasn't as if the igbos had a choice when they were cornered and marked for total extinction after the 1966 coup. I don't know why some of you intentionally distort history whenever the igbos are concerned. Igbos were killed in their numbers in 1947 or so and 1956 or so,too, for no provocation from them. In fact,one of those mass killings of mostly the igbos in the north was as a result of a meeting held in Lagos State in the built up to independence, when the northern elites felt insulted by their south-west counterparts. I understand those occurrences might have triggered the igbo populace to celebrate the 1966 coup, even though the plotters may have not done it in their regard. (We all know that the attendant lack of national unity due to the constant striving between the political parties,esp. northern NPC and AG parties, and the resultant breakdown of law and order, could have prompted the coup). So, in fact,the present hate for the igbos should stop now if we must agree that Delta State and indeed the south south is not part of Biafra, since the state of the leader of the coup has been zoned into south south--now Delta State. Every honest historian must make amend that notion of Igbo coup to reflect present reality. It should now be known as a south south coup; but well,if you still want to be bias,u can always point to the number of the coup plotters who answered Igbotic names. But again, subsequent coup were not given an ethnic coloration. It is your bias if you are one of them. To buttress my point,it has been said that the rampaging herdsmen are a fragment of the Bororo people of the fulanis,and therefore argued that they are not a representation of every law abiding fulani people; and we have all agreed on the rationale of the submission. But,we every now and then we fail to agree same with the coup of 1966.
Talking about the present agitations for Biafra, you will agree with me that those things(injustices) that caused the Civil War are very much alive, therefore you don't expect them to keep quiet. If the Yorubas could agitate for separation even at that early stage of independence,and likewise the Niger-Deltans,for purely resources control--how much more reasons do the igbos need to agitate when their lives are constantly threatened, their rights are suppressed,and all that shit? #ps. I am not Igbo.

Nice one Elliott you spoke well

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 9:40am On May 25, 2018
Simbrixton:

Nice one Elliott you spoke well
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Nobody: 9:54am On May 25, 2018
Simbrixton:

Bros am a Christian dont mind the fool there is nothing like yoruba moslem or yoruba Christian we are forever ONE, the cockroaches are too small to divide us and one day we would destroy them
Cockroaches grin

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by 9jakool: 9:56am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Alafin is a traditionalist first and foremost!

Don't mind that fool. I've never seen a muslim who oversees festivals of sango, ogun, egungun (you name it) in his palace. Yoruba rulers are adherent in foreign religions on the surface or in name only.

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by comos: 9:56am On May 25, 2018
Odingo1:

what you heard or is it what happened.

Kaduna Nzeogwu from Delta state kill those he feel is the enemy of Nigeria, he is not Igbo,he is a Niger Deltan from Delta state.

it is like saying that a man from kwara state or an Okun man from kogi is not yoruba.

Kaduna Nzeogwu is an Igbo from delta state, he speaks and bear Igbo names, what else are you trying to say.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:58am On May 25, 2018
I said muslims groups!!

Simbrixton:

Alaafin is a muslim
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by QuotaSystem: 9:58am On May 25, 2018
CSTR1003:
Where is QuotaSystem and the rest of his abokii hordes?

Of course, they won't say anything.

The SE/SS don't like the north, so the abokiis here know they have no card to play by pitting one against the other.
More like between the devil and the deep blue sea.

If this was an igbo monarch, the abokiis on nairaland would have started insulting the igbo people and appeal to Yoruba selfish sentiments.

Osu try to keep quiet when those that matter are speaking. The Alaafin is entitled to air his opinion.

So you want to compare the Alaafin to your fake purchased 'monarchs' that even you their subjects scorn because "Ibo enwe eze"?

If you hiss at your monarchs, don't be surprised when others spit on them.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:59am On May 25, 2018
Is the country this hard that you are crying on everypage?
Need a job? PM me

Firstpage:

Oponu. Just STFU if you don't have a brain.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by comos: 10:00am On May 25, 2018
Elliot2:

please tell us why your Igbo people killed other regional leaders and left their own to live
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 10:03am On May 25, 2018
KazeemIbrahim1:

Conquered? Nigeria had all the armoury and external help yet e couldn't annihilate Igbos in three years? Innovative and industrous, they manufactured their own weapons..
Are Igbos not great?
Don't they make you shiver?
Don't they make your knees knock in fear? grin
Igbos!!
Afonja's and Aboki's worst nightmare since 1960

I can see. That's why you are not proud of being ibo. You had to disguise as an abokii. I know, it's sucks to be ibo.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 10:06am On May 25, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Is the country this hard that you are crying on everypage?
Need a job? PM me

You are taking me as someone else. I only pointed to you how brainless you are. Too many impostors these days claiming what they are not. A true Yoruba man wouldn't be caught in Yoruba Christian and Muslim foolish talk. The Alaafin is a Muslim individual while Akintola is a misguided individual. A smart person would not generalise based on individuals.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Nobody: 10:07am On May 25, 2018
KEVIND:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/05/24/enough-enough-%E2%80%94-alaafin-oyo-demands-end-federal-character

Yoruba n Hausa started this evil quota system after 1970.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 10:09am On May 25, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
I said muslims groups!!

Can you mention those groups?

Don't tell me Akintola's one man Muric group.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by ChilledPill: 10:16am On May 25, 2018
AntiWailer:

When you pull data from ur a$$ it is worrisome.
Antiwailer you still dey? lol you no dey support bubu again?
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by comos: 10:18am On May 25, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Yoruba n Hausa started this evil quota system after 1970.

Igbo-military officers destroyed the regional system left by the British
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by CSTR1003: 10:22am On May 25, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Osu try to keep quiet when those that matter are speaking. The Alaafin is entitled to air his opinion.

So you want to compare the Alaafin to your fake purchased 'monarchs' that even you their subjects scorn because "Ibo enwe eze"?

If you hiss at your monarchs, don't be surprised when others spit on them.
So you have nothing to say even when the alafin called your people a bunch of unproductive parasites dragging everybody backward. ?

lol.

Abokii.
We are talking about an ethnically charged opinion from a leader of thought , and this mofo is talking about monarchy.
How has monarchy developed the northern people beyond the standard of cave men?

Monarchy is useless .That is a fact, which is not the point being discussed.

My point is that the alafin took your people to the cleaners and more -or less called you savages which you truly are.

And you can't say shitt because you know you have no other friends in the south to pit against them.

3 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by writeprof(m): 10:31am On May 25, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
Yoruba Christians are carrying bible, opening churches everywhere while the muslims
Are taking over the state resources.
Lagos State civil servants are made up of 80% muslims
Federal civil service 90% yoruba muuslims
House of assembly 90%muslims
Same in all oil companies.

I pity the yoruba Christians. The muslims will tell you we are Yorubas before religion but thats a typical lie.

Wake up.

And they have been able to achieve this and still going on because Christians are their worst enemies fighting over denominations and doctrines.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:35am On May 25, 2018
Akintola is already bringing the muslim/christian paradigm to Ekiti State.
You might call him misguided but he represents the biggest muslim group in Nigeria
I am Yoruba 1st then a Nigerian. But some are Muslims 1st then Nigerian 2nd and then Yoruba.
They even deemed it fit to change their Yoruba names that have glorious meanings
REAL Yoruba's are waking up and asking why it is only in Yoruba muslim areas that Fulani are kings and kingmakers
Even the so called 'Imam Yoruba' said the exact same thing! He mentioned lack of representation from muslim Yoruba states which he belongs to (you should listen to him)
The Kurds bear Kurdish names, the Arab bears Arabic names, the Iranians bear their names but Yoruba muslims wants to be Arab in name, language and sometimes in dressing, but in their ignorance they equate Hausa/Fulani culture as Arabic grin grin Even though the bible and koran talks about Tribes from begining to the end,
I was speaking to a Muslim who happens to be Yoruba about Ilorin and he emphatically claimed he would join the muslims if a territorial war breaks out with Oodua, and I never doubted him, after all he is the son of his fathers in Ilorin and Kwara

Firstpage:

You are taking me as someone else. I only pointed to you how brainless you are. Too many impostors these days claiming what they are not. A true Yoruba man wouldn't be caught in Yoruba Christian and Muslim foolish talk. The Alaafin is a Muslim individual while Akintola is a misguided individual. A smart person would not generalise based on individuals.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by bigfish3k: 10:36am On May 25, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
I noticed muslim Oodua groups always seem to be absent in Yoruba discuss, quite troubling

most of them have been ceded to the fulanis bc of same religion. they are no longer yorubas in their hearts. they are now muslims before yorubas, they know this in their hearts. they are only yorubas when they want to share booties. they are best useful to their religious lords than their Yoruba tribe; they are suspected to perform espionage activities against their tribe for their lords in the north. Yoruba Christians should open their eyes, these people are deceits. once again KUDOS to the alafin for speaking up the truth as against the political oba in lagos ass licking his Fulani masters
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:37am On May 25, 2018
9jakool:

Don't mind that fool. I've never seen a muslim who oversees festivals of sango, ogun, egungun (you name it) in his palace. Yoruba rulers are adherent in foreign religions on the surface or in name only.

except maybe that shitty emir of iwo

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:40am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

a muslim who worships Orisha. what a joke!

https://www.google.com/amp/punchng.com/christianity-islam-erode-yoruba-culture-alaafin/amp/

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by popizaino(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
Yoruba Christians are carrying bible, opening churches everywhere while the muslims
Are taking over the state resources.
Lagos State civil servants are made up of 80% muslims
Federal civil service 90% yoruba muuslims
House of assembly 90%muslims
Same in all oil companies.

I pity the yoruba Christians. The muslims will tell you we are Yorubas before religion but thats a typical lie.

Wake up.
mumu

Trying to create division where there is absolutely none.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 10:46am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

a muslim who worships Orisha. what a joke!

https://www.google.com/amp/punchng.com/christianity-islam-erode-yoruba-culture-alaafin/amp/

A monarch practices all religions in the land. He's king over every adherent of different faith. However, he has his own religion. Alaafin is a Muslim while Ooni is a Christian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Adewale Oyekan Sentenced To Death / Aso Villa Shut Down As Kyari Tests Positive, Shehu, Others Self-Isolate / Sanai Agunbiade: I Wanted To Share Looted Palliatives On My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.