Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character (67716 Views)

How Yahaya’s Appointment Questions Buhari’s Commitment To Federal Character / James Kolo Is Dead! Kwara Federal Character Commission Nominee Dies / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by KEVIND: 5:34pm On May 24, 2018
“Today, a Yoruba man will score 240 while a Hausa man will score 120, yet they are both offered admission to study same course in the same university, they created educationally dis-advantaged states to their favour. Enough is enough.”

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, has implored the Federal government to return power to regionals as it was practised before the military coup of 1966, saying the idea of federal character has eroded merit in the country.

Oba Adeyemi made this known at a conference organised by Yoruba KO'YA Movement in Oyo State on Tuesday.

The event, which focused on issue of herdsmen-farmer crisis, had in attendance the Aare Onakakafo of Yoruba Land, Aare Gani Adams; Retired Arch-Bishop of Methodist Church, Ayo Ladigbolu; retired Assistant Inspector General of Police, Tunji Alapini; eminent scholar, Professor Wale Fatunde, media entrepreneur, Otunba ‘Deji Osibogun and a host of other yoruba groups.

The paramount king said: "Regionalism is the way out; the current quasi-federal system of government would continue to promote hunger, ethnic intimidation, religion intolerance, infrastructure decadence. I demand for a return to where we were before 1966.

“Before the military coup of 1966 spearheaded mainly by the northerners, what we had was a regional system of government where every region controls their resources; but after they took over, they moved everything away from the region to the centre, rendering thee region powerless."

The first monarch, who spoke in Yoruba, went through memory lane to remind the Yoruba ethnic group of how they have always been at the fore front of happenings in the country but how everything changed when "the northern soldiers came and destroyed everything; they said no more regionalism, they deceived Nigerians by establishing federal character which schemed out merit, they created Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), which is now causing 'Ijamba' to Nigerians".

Speaking further, he said: “Today, a Yoruba man will score 240 while a Hausa man will score 120, yet they are both offered admission to study same course in the same university, they created educationally dis-advantaged states to their favour. Enough is enough.”

Also speaking at the event, Arch-bishop Ayo Ladigbolu referrred to the Judgement passed by Justice Adewale Thompson in 1969, which declared open field grazing as criminal.

“The Fulani herdsmen did not just start destroying farms today,” he said. “They have been doing that for over 40 decades. In April, 1969 Judge Adewale Thompson at Abeokuta Divisional high court with suit number AB/26/66.

Ladigbolu quoted the judge, saying; "I do not accept of the defendant that a custom exists, which imposes an obligation on the owner of the farm to fence his farm whilst the owner of the cattle allows his cattle to wander like pest and cause danage. Such a custom, if it exists, is unreasonbale and I hold that [it] is repurgenate to natural justice, eguity and good conscience. It is highly unreasonable to place the burden of fencing a farm on the farmer without also corresponding obligation on the cattle owner to fence his cattle. Sequel to that, I ban open grazing for its implications to peace and tranquilty and the cattle owners must fence or ranch their animals for peace to reign."

Also Gani Adams, who was represented by Yinka Ogundimu, said that Yoruba people are ready to defend themselves against the any threats from the fulani herdsmen. He also called on the Yoruba to partake actively in farming.

He said: “We should work hard to secure our land but i want to call on our people to go back to farm. Let’s feed ourselves. We are ready to work with Yoruba KO’YA Movement to salvage Yoruba land. South West feed the North. For instance, 10,000 cows are slaughtered in Yoruba Land every month; N8bn is taken out of the economy of the west to the north every day through cow, onion, pepper, yam, etc. We can produce all these things to render the north useless.

“Netherlands doesn’t have oil but the country makes $100bn every year through agriculture. South west states are lagging behind on agriculture, nearly everything we consume in the south west are either imported or brought from other region. This must stop.”

http://saharareporters.com/2018/05/24/enough-enough-%E2%80%94-alaafin-oyo-demands-end-federal-character

145 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by wisino1(m): 5:38pm On May 24, 2018
Alaafin this table you shaking many people are standing on top oh

439 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by TheKingIsHere: 5:45pm On May 24, 2018
Where is Lalasticlala sef

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by chuksjuve(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2018
Good morning !!!! Kabiyesi ..

E be like una just dey wake up ..

What NK said three years ago is what yo people are now saying ...

373 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Omeokachie: 6:05pm On May 24, 2018
The BMCs will come for Iku baba yeye for telling them to wake up from their slumber and demand for equality in their country.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PapalsBull(m): 6:13pm On May 24, 2018
[s]
obonujoker:
We yoruba muslims disown the Alaafin... Our masters must continue to have federal character and quota system opportunity......

We must destroy all the institutions with quota system and federal character....
[/s]

This is becoming stale and asinine. Just for the "likes" you are gonna get.
You are too old for this, you know grin.

Come up with something reasonable or keep mute if you have nothing to say

344 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PapalsBull(m): 6:15pm On May 24, 2018
[s]
PointZerom:
We Afonja Muzlims disagree with Alaafin, we cannot stand on the way of awa slave masters. Cc justtoodark madridguy buhariguy yyeske yarimo dabulllt Lzza immhotep
[/s]

14 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PapalsBull(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2018
For instance, 10,000 cows are slaughtered in Yoruba Land every month; N8bn is taken out of the economy of the west to the north every day through cow, onion, pepper, yam, etc. We can produce all these things to render the north useless.

True

197 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 24, 2018
PointZerom:
We Afonja Muzlims disagree with Alaafin, we cannot stand on the way of awa slave masters. Cc justtoodark madridguy buhariguy yyeske yarimo dabulllt Lzza immhotep

PapalsBull is pained by this for some reason.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PapalsBull(m): 6:20pm On May 24, 2018
[s]
immhotep:

PapalsBull is pained by this for some reason.
[/s]

Why should I be pained, does it stop my means of survival?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 24, 2018
justtoodark:

regional is a bad idea....we tried it and moroons in the east declared biafra.....

why risk it again....?

Next thing now you will start complaining about Igbo domination in Lagos. grin

Cc justtoodark madridguy buhariguy yyeske yarimo dabulllt Lzaa shalomc pointzerom

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PointZerom: 6:36pm On May 24, 2018
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]
Why are you pained?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PapalsBull(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2018
[s]
PointZerom:
Why are you pained?
[/s]

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2018
Yoruba Christians are carrying bible, opening churches everywhere while the muslims
Are taking over the state resources.
Lagos State civil servants are made up of 80% muslims
Federal civil service 90% yoruba muuslims
House of assembly 90%muslims
Same in all oil companies.

I pity the yoruba Christians. The muslims will tell you we are Yorubas before religion but thats a typical lie.

Wake up.

207 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Paperwhite(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2018
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by justtoodark: 6:47pm On May 24, 2018
immhotep:

You dont want that your Igbo girlfriend to leave you abi grin grin

Cc madridguy buhariguy yyeske yarimo dabulllt Lzaa immhotep onyeoga pointzerom

which Igbo girlfriend....??...am not toghether with a igbo woman no more...i was even married to a igbo woman....

and sincerely said,i dont miss her.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 24, 2018
justtoodark:

which Igbo girlfriend....??...am not toghether with a igbo woman no more...i was even married to a igbo woman....

Lzaa come and hear oh grin grin

Cc madridguy buhariguy yyeske yarimo dabulllt Lzaa onyeoga pointzerom

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PointZerom: 6:49pm On May 24, 2018
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]
This ur picture resemble that of suicidal Awo. Cc immhotep Lzza justtodark

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by stonemasonn: 6:49pm On May 24, 2018
justtoodark:

regional is a bad idea....we tried it and moroons in the east declared biafra.....

why risk it again....?

Haba! biafra did not start during Regional government nah. I thought Gowon was the military head of state.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by achi4u(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2018
Can his subject listen to him? Northerners are using Yorubas to score cheap goals. I support the monarch.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by justtoodark: 6:49pm On May 24, 2018
immhotep:

Lzaa come and hear oh grin grin

hear,hear....you people are sooo disrespectful....i only get an headache listening to una......

and i dont like headaches.....

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by justtoodark: 6:51pm On May 24, 2018
stonemasonn:
Haba! biafra did not start during Regional government nah. I thought Gowon was the military head of state.

nigeria was regional before the civil war....go get your facts right before arguing online....
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 24, 2018
justtoodark:

hear,hear....you people are sooo disrespectful....i only get an headache listening to una......

and i dont like headaches.....
Ah, but hearing is not a crime na

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PointZerom: 6:52pm On May 24, 2018
justtoodark:

Thank God she ran away if not, her skull for hear am.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Paperwhite(m): 6:56pm On May 24, 2018
“Today, a Yoruba/(Ibo) man will score 240 while a Hausa man will score 120, yet they are both offered admission to study same course in the same university, they created educationally dis-advantaged states to their favour. Enough is enough.......................saying the idea of federal character has eroded merit in the country.

"Regionalism is the way out; the current quasi-federal system of government would continue to promote hunger, ethnic intimidation, religion intolerance, infrastructure decadence.

“Before the military coup of 1966 spearheaded mainly by the northerners, what we had was a regional system of government where every region controls their resources; but after they took over, they moved everything away from the region to the centre, rendering thee region powerless."

Words on marble.Guess the oba is an "IPOB youth" The earlier Yorubas like Tinubu sacrifice his greed to allow true emancipation of the region & Nigeria from the skewed domination of hausa-fulanis the better for us all.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by justtoodark: 6:56pm On May 24, 2018
PointZerom:
Thank God she ran away if not, her skull for hear am.

what...??...what i wan do with her skull...??....she was already useless alive,wetin concern me with her skull....

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PointZerom: 6:58pm On May 24, 2018
justtoodark:

what...??...what i wan do with her skull...??....she was already useless alive,wetin concern me with her skull....
Awa Emir of Iwo must hear this.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Donald Trump And Osinbajo Laughing At G7 Summit (Photos) / 'We Flogged Them', Governor Ahmadu Fintiri Says As He Congratulates Atiku (Vid) / Accountant-General, Ahmed Idris Marries Hussain, 16-Year-Old Girl. Family Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.