Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character (67828 Views)

How Yahaya’s Appointment Questions Buhari’s Commitment To Federal Character / James Kolo Is Dead! Kwara Federal Character Commission Nominee Dies / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 10:46am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

except maybe that shitty emir of iwo

There is no emir of Iwo. Maybe in your dream.

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:47am On May 25, 2018
The VERY sad part is some conflate Hausa/Fulani culture with the Arabs they want to be,
They have willingly submitted the custodianship of the religion to the Northerners.
A people who have to score less than you to compete academically is in charge of them spiritually!
It would have been funny if it wan't so close to home.

bigfish3k:

most of them have been ceded to the fulanis bc of same religion. they are no longer yorubas in their hearts. they are now muslims before yorubas, they know this in their hearts. they are only yorubas when they want to share booties. they are best useful to their religious lords than their Yoruba tribe; they are suspected to perform espionage activities against their tribe for their lords in the north. Yoruba Christians should open their eyes, these people are deceits. once again KUDOS to the alafin for speaking up the truth as against the political oba in lagos ass licking his Fulani masters
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:48am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

A monarch practices all religions in the land. He's king over every adherent of different faith. However, he has his own religion. Alaafin is a Muslim while Ooni is a Christian.

Bullshyt. They are both Traditionalists first. the very fact that they worship Gods makes them redundant abrahamists ,heretics and apostates.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:48am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

There is no emir of Iwo. Maybe in your dream.

shut up. you are irritating af.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 10:51am On May 25, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Akintola is already bringing the muslim/christian paradigm to Ekiti State.
You might call him misguided but he represents the biggest muslim group in Nigeria
I am Yoruba 1st then a Nigerian. But some are Muslims 1st then Nigerian 2nd and then Yoruba.
They even deemed it fit to change their Yoruba names that have glorious meanings
REAL Yoruba's are waking up and asking why it is only in Yoruba muslim areas that Fulani are kings and kingmakers
Even the so called 'Imam Yoruba' said the exact same thing! He mentioned lack of representation from muslim Yoruba states which he belongs to (you should listen to him)
The Kurds bear Kurdish names, the Arab bears Arabic names, the Iranians bear their names but Yoruba muslims wants to be Arab in name, language and sometimes in dressing, but in their ignorance they equate Hausa/Fulani culture as Arabic grin grin Even though the bible and koran talks about Tribes from begining to the end,
I was speaking to a Muslim who happens to be Yoruba about Ilorin and he emphatically claimed he would join the muslims if a territorial war breaks out with Oodua, and I never doubted him, after all he is the son of his fathers in Ilorin and Kwara

From your first comment I quoted, I knew you are just a brainless dolt. You take the words of Akintola to represent all the Muslims in the sw, but see the words of the Alaafin as that of an individual. Which of them carries more weight?

You misguided kids are playing into hands of iboes who are trying to divide yoruba into Muslims and Christians without minding the osu and freeborn dichotomy in their midst, not even the real and fake Igbo issue.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 10:53am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

shut up. you are irritating af.

Lol. I just hit a nerve.

When are you going to talk about the osu and freeborn dichotomy in your rank? What about the real igbos and the Wawa igbos?
Keep having headache over yoruba matter that doesn't concern you.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2018
bigfish3k:

most of them have been ceded to the fulanis bc of same religion. they are no longer yorubas in their hearts. they are now muslims before yorubas, they know this in their hearts. they are only yorubas when they want to share booties. they are best useful to their religious lords than their Yoruba tribe; they are suspected to perform espionage activities against their tribe for their lords in the north. Yoruba Christians should open their eyes, these people are deceits. once again KUDOS to the alafin for speaking up the truth as against the political oba in lagos ass licking his Fulani masters
my guy u are not deceiving anybody except urself. Any Yoruba that believes that takes anything an Ibo man say is worse than any “caliphate worshipping slave” coz nothin will delight them more like this current one am quoting that a war should happen between Yoruba Muslim/Christian which will be practically impossible since most Yoruba have brothers, sisters, wife’s, sons and daughters that adhere to both a religion. I know u won’t take my advice but ur attempt to cause division is doa
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 10:55am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Bullshyt. They are both Traditionalists first. the very fact that they worship Gods makes them redundant abrahamists ,heretics and apostates.

I don't even know where you are driving at. You are lost in your thought. Give it up already.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 10:56am On May 25, 2018
comos:

please tell us why your Igbo people killed other regional leaders and left their own to live
I wouldn't know for sure why they left the igbo regional leaders. But,you will agree with me that the prevalent political instability in the country as at the time, was mainly caused by the Northern NPC party and the South-west AG party ( between the Balewa's and Awolowo's) which were battling for political dominance. Over an estimated 2000 persons lost their lives in the ensuing chaos around 1965 or so,before,during and after the elections. So, it is only commonsense to insinuate that that could have informed the coup plotters actions and their selective focus. But again,I have no authority to deny that there was a political undertone,since basically every region at the time was ethnic driven,and therefore no nationalism. My concern now is the constant hate on the Igbos since we have agreed that the leader of the 1966 coup is a Niger-Deltan (Delta State) by virtue of the present structure, therefore,the Igbos must be absolved of any wrong done; esp. since subsequent coups where not given ethnic coloration. And again,since a lot of us get angry at any insinuation to generalise any crime committed by a few persons of any ethnic group, e.g the few Bororo militia men(herdsmen) as reported in some news,or the Niger-Deltan militancy, then we should desist from calling the 1966 coup an Igbo coup. Criminal elements should be tagged by what they are and not by their ethnicity or religion,since they are only a minimal fraction of the larger citizenry, who are law abiding.#thankruss.

3 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:56am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

Lol. I just hit a nerve.

When are you going to talk about the osu and freeborn dichotomy in your rank? What about the real igbos and the Wawa igbos?
Keep having headache over yoruba matter that doesn't concern you.

You are crazy. I am your father and master , a Hausaman.

wetin consign me for una matter .. idgaf abt Igbos
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:00am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
my guy u are not deceiving anybody except urself. Any Yoruba that believes that takes anything an Ibo man say is worse than any “caliphate worshipping slave” coz nothin will delight them more like this current one am quoting that a war should happen between Yoruba Muslim/Christian which will be practically impossible since most Yoruba have brothers, sisters, wife’s, sons and daughters that adhere to both a religion. I know u won’t take my advice but ur attempt to cause division is doa

Thank God you can see their antics. Only fools will fall into their trap. They envy the peace in the SW and will do anything to bring division.

Ibos should worry about osu and freeborn issue and abakaliki fake ibos versus anambra superior ibos.

All these Yoruba Muslims being inferior to fulani Muslims is in your imagination. Yoruba Muslims are the best Muslim scholars in Nigeria. Their calendar is even different from that of northerners, reason there's different dates for Muslim festivities. Only a fool will think Yoruba will play second fiddle to anyone in Nigeria. Aji se bi Oyo lanri........
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:02am On May 25, 2018
Stop with the insults on a faceless forum it makes you seem like a child
Who cares about the Igbos? If you think Igbo's are united then you are the misguided kid here
Yoruba is not a some super power, Islam does erode cultures we are witnessing it in real life.
Keep pretending Akintola doesn't have like minded people to your own detriment.

Firstpage:

From your first comment I quoted, I knew you are just a brainless dolt. You take the words of Akintola to represent all the Muslims in the sw, but see the words of the Alaafin as that of an individual. Which of them carries more weight?

You misguided kids are playing into hands of iboes who are trying to divide yoruba into Muslims and Christians without minding the osu and freeborn dichotomy in their midst, not even the real and fake Igbo issue.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:02am On May 25, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
The VERY sad part is some conflate Hausa/Fulani culture with the Arabs they want to be,
They have willingly submitted the custodianship of the religion to the Northerners.
A people who have to score less than you to compete academically is in charge of them spiritually!
It would have been funny if it wan't so close to home.

u bring up some point but I want u to see the guy u are quoting if u indeed claim to be Yoruba.
StaffofOrayan:
Akintola is already bringing the muslim/christian paradigm to Ekiti State.
You might call him misguided but he represents the biggest muslim group in Nigeria
I am Yoruba 1st then a Nigerian. But some are Muslims 1st then Nigerian 2nd and then Yoruba.
They even deemed it fit to change their Yoruba names that have glorious meanings
REAL Yoruba's are waking up and asking why it is only in Yoruba muslim areas that Fulani are kings and kingmakers
Even the so called 'Imam Yoruba' said the exact same thing! He mentioned lack of representation from muslim Yoruba states which he belongs to (you should listen to him)
The Kurds bear Kurdish names, the Arab bears Arabic names, the Iranians bear their names but Yoruba muslims wants to be Arab in name, language and sometimes in dressing, but in their ignorance they equate Hausa/Fulani culture as Arabic grin grin Even though the bible and koran talks about Tribes from begining to the end,
I was speaking to a Muslim who happens to be Yoruba about Ilorin and he emphatically claimed he would join the muslims if a territorial war breaks out with Oodua, and I never doubted him, after all he is the son of his fathers in Ilorin and Kwara

apart from ilorin which we all know the history of what happened there name one place in Yoruba land where Fulani are king and kingmakers. Second who are the most pro Yoruba people in all of SW if not oyo people and Ibadan to be specific, Ibadan are majorly Muslim. Akintola is indeed a one man extremist Or can u name other Yoruba extremist other than him. I don’t know or care if u are Yoruba or not but it’s obvious u lack some knowledge on what u are talking about.

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:04am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

You are crazy. I am your father and master , a Hausaman.

wetin consign me for una matter .. idgaf abt Igbos

If truly you are an hausaman, then I just bring myself so low to talk to an abokii. An abokii is a lesser animal where I come from. You are my slave that tend to my errands. How can an hausaman talk to me face to face if not for social media? I can tolerate iboes even though they are senseless, but an abokii is a no no. Please stop quoting me with your leprous fingers.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by KazeemIbrahim1: 11:05am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

I can see. That's why you are not proud of being ibo. You had to disguise as an abokii. I know, it's sucks to be ibo.
I'm displaying your terrible name combination.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:06am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
u bring up some point but I want u to see the guy u are quoting if u indeed claim to be Yoruba. apart from ilorin which we all know the history of what happened there name one place in Yoruba land where Fulani are king and kingmakers. Second who are the most pro Yoruba people in all of SW if not oyo people and Ibadan to be specific, Ibadan are majorly Muslim. Akintola is indeed a one man extremist Or can u name other Yoruba extremist other than him. I don’t know or care if u are Yoruba or not but it’s obvious u lack some knowledge on what u are talking about.

The guy is senseless. I have tried to talk sense to his block head to no avail. He uses Akintola to represent all Yorubas in SW. The most pro Yorubas are even Muslims. The Alaafin himself is a Muslim.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:07am On May 25, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Who cares about the Igbos? If you think Igbo's are united then you are the misguided kid here
Yoruba is not a some super power, Islam does erode cultures we are witnessing it in real life.

islam does erode culture but be true to urself people like akintola are incredibly low in fact to the stage it’s an anecdotal evidence not the norm in Yoruba land. People like Gani Adams one of the people who has been forever pro Yoruba in everything he does are in the absolute majority in Yoruba land.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:08am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

If truly you are an hausaman, then I just bring myself so low to talk to an abokii. An abokii is a lesser animal where I come from. You are my slave that tend to my errands. How can an hausaman talk to me face to face if not for social media? I can tolerate iboes even though they are senseless, but an abokii is a no no. Please stop quoting me with your leprous fingers.

we know who is the slave to whom. everyone knows it. loser
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:11am On May 25, 2018
StaffofOrayan:

But you started with the insult. Forgot so soon?

The point I'm making is Akintola is a misguided extremist just like some misguided Christians like ffk who are ready to sell the SW to the ibos. But you can't just represent the whole faith with some handful of misguided individuals. There will always be a Judas in every twelve. I have even called for the arrest of Akintola in one of my posts here.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:13am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

The guy is senseless. I have tried to talk sense to his block head to no avail. He uses Akintola to represent all Yorubas in SW. The most pro Yorubas are even Muslims. The Alaafin himself is a Muslim.
people like akintola are anecdotal evidence not the norm that’s why he surprise a lot of Yoruba people coz it’s very unusual only fools will try to use him as a refrence. Gani Adams a Muslim is at the forefront of Yoruba militia defending our culture and land that’s the real Yoruba. Am a Christian my parents are but my grandparents some cousin and nephews are Muslim. We celebrate both Christmas and other Muslim festival together hell am even fasting one or two days with them during this Ramadan so as for me that’s the Yoruba Muslim I know and any disruptor like akintola if it’s up to us should be punished coz he is a big traitor.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by bigfish3k: 11:15am On May 25, 2018
comos:

please tell us why your Igbo people killed other regional leaders and left their own to live

according to ur position. is chukwuma nzeogwu Igbo?
if u agree he is Igbo, then ur question can be answered

because u cant be calling them igbos when it appears they did wrong, and be calling them south south when it comes to Biafra issues
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:15am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Lol. Slave in your dreams. You are taking the banters here serious. How can I be a slave to my gateman, my shoe shiner, my maikaya....... If you have a brain, you will know that SW is gradually becoming another country inside Nigeria.

When you can't be anything in Nigeria until you come and pay homage to me in the SW. An abokii is not different from a cow in my assessment. You can keep fooling yourself.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:18am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
people like akintola are anecdotal evidence not the norm that’s why he surprise a lot of Yoruba people coz it’s very unusual only fools will try to use him as a refrence. Gani Adams a Muslim is at the forefront of Yoruba militia defending our culture and land that’s the real Yoruba. Am a Christian my parents are but my grandparents some cousin and nephews are Muslim. We celebrate both Christmas and other Muslim festival together hell am even fasting one or two days with them during this Ramadan so as for me that’s the Yoruba Muslim I know and any disruptor like akintola if it’s up to us should be punished coz he is a big traitor.

I'm just tired of schooling them. My dad was a Muslim married to a Christian. I'm Christian myself. Only a fool will take Akintola as a standard in Yoruba land. I have called for his arrest in one of my posts here on nairaland.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:18am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

if u are indeed aboki forget about politics where u shine let me tell u the actual slave in this country are Hausa/fulani. Ur leaders made u slave so that they can rule the country. They don’t want u educated nor successful they want u to keep suffering so that they can use u however they like which is exactly what a slave his. Few elites of Hausa/Fulani enjoy this country but the rest of u masses well my heart bleed for u.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:20am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
if u are indeed aboki forget about politics where u shine let me tell u the actual slave in this country are Hausa/fulani. Ur leaders made u slave so that they can rule the country. They don’t want u educated nor successful they want u to keep suffering so that they can use u however they like which is exactly what a slave his. Few elites of Hausa/Fulani enjoy this country but the rest of u masses well my heart bleed for u.

I am well educated . Thank you for your concerns.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:20am On May 25, 2018
KazeemIbrahim1:

I'm displaying your terrible name combination.

A slave that is not proud of where he comes from. You wish you were an abokii. How terrible.
Btw, are you an osu or freeborn? Real ibo or Wawa?
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:21am On May 25, 2018
Firstpage:

Lol. Slave in your dreams. You are taking the banters here serious. How can I be a slave to my gateman, my shoe shiner, my maikaya....... If you have a brain, you will know that SW is gradually becoming another country inside Nigeria.

When you can't be anything in Nigeria until you come and pay homage to me in the SW. An abokii is not different from a cow in my assessment. You can keep fooling yourself.

there is a reason why you people are conferred with the title of "Afonja". know ye well

emir of iwo grin
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Moneywomen17(m): 11:22am On May 25, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

I am well educated . Thank you for your concerns.
congratulations u are probably part of the people enjoying the spoils on the back of the millions of destitute masses in the north.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:23am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:
congratulations u are probably part of the people enjoying the spoils on the back of the millions of destitute masses in the north.

Thanks for generalizing. you are very intelligent.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 11:25am On May 25, 2018
Moneywomen17:

If not for social media, how will I bring myself so low to even be chatting with an abokii. I've never had anything to do with them in my life. Where I come from, an abokii is not different from an animal. We say two people died and one abokii. That's how terrible it is. That idiot now thinks yoruba is a slave. Lol.

Sometimes I don't even take this northerners dominating politics serious because the 19 northern states are counted as one against the Yoruba. There's no way the hausa/fulani have edge over Yoruba in anything in Nigeria if we do the analysis by tribe.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2018
LOL why do Igbo's pretend to be Yoruba on NL?
True the Gani Adams are sizable in number but a typical muslim would agree to the Islamization of SW without thinking about the consequence.
Mention any Muslim Yoruba leader that loved his people like Awolowo
Their priority is always on the religion not the region. ie Arabic in schools, new mosque projects, Hajj etc
Prove me wrong

Moneywomen17:
islam does erode culture but be true to urself people like akintola are incredibly low in fact to the stage it’s an anecdotal evidence not the norm in Yoruba land. People like Gani Adams one of the people who has been forever pro Yoruba in everything he does are in the absolute majority in Yoruba land.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Youths Storm Hotel To Arrest Imported Thugs Ahead Of Elections. Photos / Ajimobi Buried In Ibadan Amid Tight Security / EFCC Discovers N400Million Hidden In A Shopping Plaza In Lagos (Pics, Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.