Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,161 members, 7,829,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character (67792 Views)

How Yahaya’s Appointment Questions Buhari’s Commitment To Federal Character / James Kolo Is Dead! Kwara Federal Character Commission Nominee Dies / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by dadark: 10:24pm On May 24, 2018
Elliot2:
Rather you should stop feeling like some emperor cos u had the upper hand in some unfortunate war. This is the 21st century and not some medieval era when savage people like u take pride in wars they won,and subjugate their enemies to slavery. We should be talking and debating which ethnic group or state has the most technology breakthrough, which state has the most modern facilities and infrastructures, and all that. Every now and then u yorubas antagonise the igbos for wanting out of the savage country. Look out dah window of this slow train and see how others are over taking us. You yorubas are the problem of this country,not even the northerners sef. afonjastic set of pipo. Disgusting.

biafra will not work too.....it will be a desaster for the entire black race.....

you are not united...just facts.....deny as you like....we dont care...nigeria is not going to risk it....
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by delpee(f): 10:28pm On May 24, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
The rate at which tribalism has eaten up this forum that we cant have sensible discuss before so.me doors here reduce it to dick measurement.

Let's talk about quota system and how it hinders national development not this Yoruba vs Igbo nonsense here

You're right! The days of intelligent debates on Nairaland are far gone. All that we have now is people twisting stories to serve their religous, tribal/nepotic interests. Considering that this forum is patronised by people from different parts of the world, it's such a big shame. I don't believe that a majority of our people are so dumb and unreasonable yet that's the image that we project. sad

4 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by King44(m): 10:36pm On May 24, 2018
ariesbull:

Why the cowardice...why are you afraid to stand on your feet ?
sorry, I'm not understanding, I believe in unity, good leadership, population, accountability and progress you, you believe in disintegration and your view about the future matters that would arise as a result is so myopic and it's not even sure it's the answer to eastern problems I am very sure there would also be even more complain and politically problems when we all succeed though some parts go suffer pass some parts Sha o, u are the coward here, moreover when disintegration occurs and problems start arising I am very sure ugh not even be among those who would suffer because u might be in other European country enjoying ur life while passing comments as a spectator the pple who would suffer are the generation of the poor ignorant ones who are on the street instead of working they are busy clamoring for what they are not sure of
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:41pm On May 24, 2018
dadark:

biafra will not work too.....it will be a desaster for the entire black race.....

you are not united...just facts.....deny as you like....we dont care...nigeria is not going to risk it....

why havig sleepless night about people who are not united? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 10:45pm On May 24, 2018
Fuckster565:
Lol, keep claiming betrayal. Just like my like my igbo landlord who always wake up to curse Nigeria and it's citizens.
u can see that his curse is working now.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 10:46pm On May 24, 2018
dadark:

Is nigeria working now?

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 10:50pm On May 24, 2018
King44:
sorry, I'm not understanding, I believe in unity, good leadership, population, accountability and progress you, you believe in disintegration and your view about the future matters that would arise as a result is so myopic and it's not even sure it's the answer to eastern problems I am very sure there would also be even more complain and politically problems when we all succeed though some parts go suffer pass some parts Sha o, u are the coward here, moreover when disintegration occurs and problems start arising I am very sure ugh not even be among those who would suffer because u might be in other European country enjoying ur life while passing comments as a spectator the pple who would suffer are the generation of the poor ignorant ones who are on the street instead of working they are busy clamoring for what they are not sure of
I am very sure that left for u n ur ilk, colonial masters would still be here. And again,left for u n ur ilk, any crazy pale whited man can come recolonised u again without any resistance. Do u have any worth you could die for?
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Fatherofdragons: 10:51pm On May 24, 2018
dadark:

lol the same way u Yorubas are not also united

Yoruba Muslims and Christians can never be on the same page.

it even boils down to clans, most of u Yorubas hate ijebu ppl cause they're greedy and selfish.

3 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by NairaMaster1(m): 10:53pm On May 24, 2018
wisino1:
Alaafin this table you shaking many people are standing on top oh

Where is the MURIC PROFESSOR?
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 10:55pm On May 24, 2018
Sarkin:

Shut up!
We yorubas are one, we don't look at at crap.
You can your likes can keep drowning in your hate!!
At what point did you guys stop being afonjas among yourselves?
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 10:58pm On May 24, 2018
justtoodark:

go were exactly....??imagine somebody enter your house and declare a part of your house as his property....he dont want to pay rent no more,dont want to respect you and even threaten to kill you....

this is how i see the biafra situation....
which part of ur land have they taken?
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 11:00pm On May 24, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

Isn't ironic that the decree that subsumed all of Nigeria's regions under a unitary system of governance was promulgated by an Igbo man, because it was expedient for the achievement of their tribal objectictives at the time.

Today, you Igbo people scream Biafra and insult everybody up and down.
Is it not an irony that the north and south west who were against it initially are the ones who are ready to kill and die for it?
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Olatunji1929: 11:02pm On May 24, 2018
johnmartus:
Same alafin don't call for regionalism during Jonathan administration. Well tomorrow the headlines will be southwest vs northern.
shut up!! Northerner slave
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 11:04pm On May 24, 2018
africanusvu:
This disagreement be Igbo's and Yoruba's is the strength of the Hausa/Fulani's in Nig.if only Igbo's and Yoruba's can genuinely come together. Wat a lovely nation we will have.but till then.let the north enjoy while it lasts.enwero ice neme
As far as the igbos r held down,the yorubas r happy with whatever the leadership of the north brings. Can u imagine such decayed mentality?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 11:06pm On May 24, 2018
stanluiz:
Only se,ss and sw can unite.
ss,se,sw,mb n north can united if the yorubas stop giving the south as some won trophy to the north.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 11:06pm On May 24, 2018
stanluiz:
ss,se,sw,mb n north can united if the yorubas stop giving the south as some won trophy of the north.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 11:07pm On May 24, 2018
stanluiz:
ss,se,sw,mb n north can united if the Yoruba stop giving the south as some burnt offering to the north.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 11:12pm On May 24, 2018
stanluiz:
The day the yorubas agree with the rest of the south that our existence as one nigeria is negotiable,and that her oneness must be based on equity,fairness and justice, only then will the north come down from their high heels. The north can be tamed if the south is ready.

2 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Sarkin: 11:30pm On May 24, 2018
Elliot2:
At what point did you guys stop being afonjas among yourselves?
uhn?
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 24, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
just checked your profile, l was not disappointed. Yoruba muslim. You think the christians in Yoruba land dont know why you support Hausa fuulani even against your own Yoruuba bc they are Christians. You dont think like that but youu are cheating your own brother
idiot, you know nothing about me. It is you fools on nairaland that to segregate yoruba Muslims from Christians. Ask any Yoruba you know if there is any "Yoruba Muslims" or "Christians" you're talking about. We live together, eat together, work together, in fact yoruba Christians and Muslims are forming partnership in business. Unlike you tribalistic idiots who don't trust each other talkless of trusting people from other tribes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Atlantaburger1(m): 11:41pm On May 24, 2018
Good morning Oba as you are just waking up from your slumber. We have been awake since
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 11:44pm On May 24, 2018
Sarkin:
uhn?
I meant to ask at what point afonjasm stopped and unity started in the yorubaland? cos History is filled with stories of savage yoruba clans betraying and killing one another until the white man came,and have continued in diverse ways up till now. So,i don't get where u get this flimsy notion of yoruba unity from.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 11:53pm On May 24, 2018
Simbrixton:

Regionalism was yoruba golden age that was when Awolowo built three universities and gave free education to yorubas

Even if the igbos lie all the time the first slaves of the fulanis where the igbos nnamdi azikiwe and tafawa balewa formed the federal government and Awolowo and yorubas where in opposition and in 1963 Awolowo was imprisoned for trying to secede yorubas out of Nigeria igbos online just lie they don't know true history they where the first to ally with the north
lol. I can imagine how you yorubas n ur AG envied the alliance between the NPC n NCNC. It must have threatened ur existence so much so that u would have peed on urselves if it had continued a little longer. Ño wonder you guys can not stop sucking the balls of the north for fear of loosing this ur position of sufferstication; as long as the igbos r held down,u guys will remain willing slaves.

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 11:56pm On May 24, 2018
justtoodark:

you went to war and lost...buhuhu....facts.....
u can't go to war.. bhuahaaaaa
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2018
Fuckster565:
you're just a dumb as fool, come to Yoruba land and come see by yourself. We don't think like rats, cos we believe in unity. Unlike you lazy idiots clamouring for biafra, believing Nigeria won't survive without your oil that will soon become useless.

I swear, igbos are just to self_centred \nd greedy. When cocoa was the major export of Nigeria, how many Yorubas did you see clamouring for independence. All these are happening because we Yorubas are highly tolerant to each other and to people from other tribes including hausas and igbo.
unity indeed. d story of afonja is not told for nothing. It took the presence of the white man to stop u savages from wiping off one another from the surface of the earth.

2 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Elliot2(m): 12:06am On May 25, 2018
King44:
North are industrious but the quota system has made North not to b productive enough, during the early regional govt they were Giants when it comes to the next and the South west was known for cocoa as well as the east but now SW agriculture close to zero, East I no no watin them dey produce North produce consumer goods cause the east and west are ready to consume less attention is being paid to cash crops and export we are always consuming like termites
North would have been great with their hard work if the yorubas had not handed Nigeria and her oil to them,therefore corrupting their elites. The average northerner has got nothing to do with the state of Nigeria; na d yoruba subservient attitude.

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Firstpage: 12:06am On May 25, 2018
KazeemIbrahim1:

Are ye not slaves to the caliphate?

Are you not a conquered iboe slave?

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:08am On May 25, 2018
Fuckster565:
idiot, you know nothing about me. It is you fools on nairaland that to segregate yoruba Muslims from Christians. Ask any Yoruba you know if there is any "Yoruba Muslims" or "Christians" you're talking about. We live together, eat together, work together, in fact yoruba Christians and Muslims are forming partnership in business. Unlike you tribalistic idiots who don't trust each other talkless of trusting people from other tribes.
typical Yoruba muslims. Its unfair, you know the truth thats why you are angry. Check how many Comissioners are Christians in Lagos. My Yoruiba christian friend told me that its very easy to get a job in Lagos civil sevice if you are muslim.

3 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Simbrixton(m): 12:35am On May 25, 2018
Elliot2:
lol. I can imagine how you yorubas n ur AP envied the alliance between the NPC n NCNC. It must have threatened ur existence so much so that u would have peed on urselves if it had continued a little longer. Ño wonder you guys can not stop sucking the balls of the north for fear of loosing this ur position of sufferstication; as long as the igbos r held down,u guys will remain willing slaves.

Do all igbos talk and think like you it says a lot about you if so. First of all we yorubas fear no one we have been fighting the fulanis when you guys where enjoying your ofe nsala and palm wine in the 1870s, the psychology of fear only came about when the whites added you guys to our problem and gave us Nigeria yorubas survived when other great tribes like the nupe and benin empire died today we are more in population than the benin our equals previously and important cousins
2)this is the first time yoruba would ally with fulanis tinubu/osinbajo alliance and you igbos are already fighting to take that position hence the 2023 campaign
3)no one prays for division of Nigeria more than me and my leader but you igbos are our biggest problem in 1998 when my group was still young a lot of igbos where actually pushing Abacha to hit the yoruba race hard so we would be forced into a civil war i believe the motivation was revenge
4) our leader said something then igbos dont want biafra if they do they would still hate the fulanis most igbo hate is transferred on yorubas but are afraid of fulani that was when i realised ndigbo has given up on biafra
5)i am a Conservative yoruba we don't believe in Nigeria and we want secession look i don't care if you igbos hate me i just want liberal yorubas to believe in oduduwa Republic its better we rule ourselves we may not be wealthier but i promise you in the long run you wont regret fighting for yoruba freedom
Madridguy na you i dey find and otger yorubas that believe in this failed country

2 Likes

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Nobody: 12:39am On May 25, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
typical Yoruba muslims. Its unfair, you know the truth thats why you are angry. Check how many Comissioners are Christians in Lagos. My Yoruiba christian friend told me that its very easy to get a job in Lagos civil sevice if you are muslim.

lol, your friend told you grin. I won't argue with you again. Anyway, your friend has just told you a bloody lie cos I stay in Lagos and Ibadan and there is nothing of such.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by naijaking1: 12:59am On May 25, 2018
What's going on?
First Illorin Imam wants Oba of Illorin, now the Alaafin speaks up against federal quote system?
Maybe they're Biafrans and just don't know it yet.
Re: 'Enough Is Enough' — Alaafin Of Oyo 'demands' End To Federal Character by Sarkin: 1:15am On May 25, 2018
Elliot2:
I meant to ask at what point afonjasm stopped and unity started in the yorubaland? cos History is filled with stories of savage yoruba clans betraying and killing one another until the white man came,and have continued in diverse ways up till now. So,i don't get where u get this flimsy notion of yoruba unity from.

We are very united. And forever will we be united. We won't listen to anyone encouraging us to hate each other.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Can’t Disclose Buhari’s Health Status – Osinbajo / Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria / Miriam Kene-Kachikwu, Wife Of NNPC Boss, Ibe Kachikwu (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.