Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship (5996 Views)

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Kelvinj(m): 7:32pm On May 28, 2010
OvieE:

Long distance relationship works if you put your mind to it. I have been a happy man since may 24, 2010 after almost five in long distance relationship. I am glad it finally ended and we are doing very well. Trust is the key including communications. Put your mind to it, it will work. I am just happy having my wife with me. We first met in 2005 and 2010 we are finally together in USA.
am happy 4 u lol. am in a ldr & i must tell u it needs TRUST & COMMUNICATION. love knows no boundries
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Newest: 8:14pm On May 28, 2010
Don't like it, don't fink it can work for me, cause i jealous alot
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by taosola(m): 9:13pm On May 28, 2010
Men! It's like hell. I'm in it now and I must confess, it gives headache. I just pray to Allah to make it achievable. She is worth it anyway and I do have some kind of trust in her. I pray she does not betray the trust as I'm not ready to do as well.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by sulad82i(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2010
I've tried it for some years now and all I find is that they only want you for their own hidden agenda. I've picked a date before I found out that my last one was also the same piece of sheet. It kinda make me look @ some 9ja gurls as a big time gold digger. angry angry
At the end I thank God the date came but it never went as planned.
All I can say to those of you who are planning on bringing your spouse to the State or somewhere else,  try telling them you cant bring them and see what the response is, if they will still be willing to stay or tell u off. If the person is just there for the sake of traveling out thru you, then you'll see smth.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by sulad82i(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2010
Looking back at all the things I went thru, I look like a fool in "mens world",,, I was waiting for this gurl for like 3 years without dating someone else. To my utmost surprise, I heard she was pregnant. Omo, since that time my love turn sour. I care less now about being truthful because of some lady.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by fender(m): 12:46am On May 29, 2010
I'm presently in one and it's like we are seeing each other every second of the day. The one is that it's capital intensive though, but if the chic is worth it, then why not??
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by pinklady40: 12:54am On May 29, 2010
it works when it involves 2 mature minded individual i am currently in one at the moment and i must say is one of the best relationship i have ever had.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by fender(m): 1:02am On May 29, 2010
pinklady40:

it works when it involves 2 mature minded individual i am currently in one at the moment and i must say is one of the best relationship i have ever had.

Very true. cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by omayemia: 1:06am On May 29, 2010
I think it is very good cus it brings lot of respect.

Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by msb247(m): 1:32am On May 29, 2010
long relationships? it depends ooo. to an extent, its good in that ull both get 2 knw each other better. on the other hand, its a kind of disadvantage coz u one partner might gradually lose interest/get tired of the other one or even meet a better(prettier or richer) partner.
so i think staying in-between is tha best grin seriously, ull knw each other nd it wont get 2 much(2 much of everythn is bad)
u be d judge!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Nobody: 3:27am On May 29, 2010
ugly Betty:

Long distance relationship can work for some people, it mite not work for some. I have a friend who was invovle with a guy for 2years befoer he left for Uk, they have been communicating but somebody now wants to marry the girl down in Nija. She come tell her supposed Boyfriend, the one in Uk, the Guy told her that she should take the decision her self, that it doesn't concern him. Uptil now, the Guy has not called her. May be the guy was even looking for an escape route and the girl provided it. Who knows.Hmmm.

To me, it is better for married couples, but Girlfriend/Boyfriend, hmmmmm, it is too damn risky. Enough headache, calls, texting, chatting. No be small thing ooo.

You conveniently forgot to mention that your friend was already cheating on her UK-based boyfriend.How can the naija guy propose marriage without having 'tasted'? Those things happen only in Nollywood movies.Her boyfriend did the right thing by keeping mum.

@topic

Where there is a will,there is a way,but LDR is not advisable if you have other options
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Dami213: 4:18am On May 29, 2010
trust mii it not really worth it well it depends on who it is tho but good luck tryinq 2 deal wit it wink
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Ayetoro360: 5:10am On May 29, 2010
It depends on the individuals involved, Very risk and requires a lot of sacrifice patience and understanding, wont try it but wont advise against it
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by CHOUPIE2(f): 5:12am On May 29, 2010
i got into a relationship with a nigerian whom i must say i loved to much. it started good the communication was pretty good at the beginning but it eventually got less and less till i felt i was being ignored and unwanted. also i had other friends who was telling me maybe he had other relationships where he was so that added more fuel to the fire but eventually the relationship fell apart. we still chat but as they say it has to be two people who is dedicated to make it work. i wish it would work but he does understand when you are in a long distant relationship communication is a necessity. i think his male pride will not allow him to ask me to help with the financial part.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by negus: 9:41pm On May 29, 2010
only infatuated people engage in such. i can tell you 99% of it don't work
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by earlalright(m): 9:54pm On May 29, 2010
i don not find anything bad nor wrong with it. although it may have its own challenges, i still find it as the best option for me. still finding reasons for why i like it
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Zapence(m): 10:06pm On May 29, 2010
Was in one, with the very first and probably only girl i've been in love with, and it was like Heaven and Hell woven together, meaning it can be super blissfull and sweet, and sometimes, super frustrating because of its peculiar nature. for example you guys have a quarrel (which every relationship gets to experience at one point or another), and you want to talk things out immediately, and maybe one party is so angry and logs off or ends the call, and you are not able to re-connect becos the angr(ier) party (eventhough you both are angry) doesn't want to pick the call or get online again. and you both end up not being able to resolve and bury the issue there and then but end up leaving each othe angry and the issue unsettled. and you know at times and situations like that crazy thoughts about your partner and the relationship can start popping into your head.
what i'm trying to say is, being with each other physically can help reduce or totally avoid situations like the one i just described above.
For me, to survive in a LDR, both parties have to be truly matured (mentally and emotionally), and like most contributors have said, you both really need to trust each other and communicate as often as possibly and try to resolve your differences and issues immediately.
LDR has its advantages, but its disadvantages surpasses its advantages. And i advice you avoid it if you can.
@poster, if you're already into it though, then i wish you the very best, and hope yours be Heaven alone and not have Hell mixed with it (leaving you somewhere in Purgatory).
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by SeanLewis(m): 4:40am On May 30, 2010
suladi:
I've tried it for some years now and all I find is that they only want you for their own hidden agenda. I've picked a date before I found out that my last one was also the same piece of sheet. It kinda make me look @ some 9ja gurls as a big time gold digger. angry angry
At the end I thank God the date came but it never went as planned.
All I can say to those of you who are planning on bringing your spouse to the State or somewhere else,  try telling them you cant bring them and see what the response is, if they will still be willing to stay or tell u off. If the person is just there for the sake of traveling out thru you, then you'll see smth.

i believe ur say
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Tinksh(f): 8:21am On May 30, 2010
I am i one right now and hate it!!! I love my guy but this long distance thing is killing me. If i knew then what i know now i would never of started it but i am stuck now. I have to deal with it cos i love him. But thats just me. It may be perfect for others. Good luck to you poster if you have started one.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by InesQor(m): 2:37pm On May 30, 2010
A Relationship involves hard work. LDRs involve HARDER work.

It may be a necessary evil sometimes. Not advisable, but in some cases unavoidable!
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Dno1gurl(f): 7:06pm On May 30, 2010
I did it, it lasted 4 1 year and a month,
decided 2 call it off because it was 2 stressful embarassed

we are still friends though ,and if we happen 2 see each other again, kiss
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Kunbee: 10:31pm On May 30, 2010
omayemi a:

I think it is very good cus it brings lot of respect.

What is your picture doing there
InesQor:

A Relationship involves hard work. LDRs involve HARDER work.

It may be a necessary evil sometimes. Not advisable, but in some cases unavoidable!

Mr know it all
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by InesQor(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2010
Kunbee:

Mr know it all

@Kunbee: Leff me abeg
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Kunbee: 10:50pm On May 30, 2010
Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Malita156(f): 11:02pm On May 30, 2010
Its stressful.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by sexi: 3:14am On May 31, 2010
it sucks,
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Bibankee: 11:00am On Jun 01, 2010
Eish!!! quite demanding but could be less choking too
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by ronell: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2010
i have been in one for the past 12 years( dated 8 years an now married for 4 years). i must say it is not easy at all. it takes alot to make it work. trust has to come first before any other thing. you have be understanding and very patient. i am currently a father figure and mum for my 2year old. its alot of work i must say.
you should not give room for dought.is he cheating on you? that aspect you should not even bother about(that's where the trust comes in)what you don't know wont kill you. what you know will kill you faster.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Strongfaze(m): 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2010
long distance relationship only helps to discover other beautiful places. but its streesful if you are on xtrahot sorry, i mean extracool.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Strongfaze(m): 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2010
long distance relationship only helps to discover other beautiful places. but its streesful if you are on xtrahot sorry, i mean extracool.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by petebor02(m): 3:29pm On Jun 01, 2010
i will say again, it is so hard,and in other word it all depends on how long u are away from each other.if u keep it long,it might end up taking coal to newcastle
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by tjosh(m): 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2010
[red]Lets hit d fact! Long distance sHiT takes God's grace. Mere brain work doesnt realy mater. . Listen to this track Titled :LONG DISTANCE by mary j blige i guess. Wil come up d downlink latr. .[/red]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oh BOY! Nigerian Student Breaks World Record For Longer Sex Ever" / He Beat Me. Should I Forgive Him And Stay / Re: Jude Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.