Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship (6000 Views)

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by harpo(m): 11:58am On May 28, 2010
Personally i was scared of it, but i put my mind to it at one time and i did so for 2 yrs plus and no now we are married with a beautiful daughter, but u have to talk alot, communicate well if she is matured enough and willing but it should not be for long if not you will scarter,
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by trublu1(f): 12:05pm On May 28, 2010
harpo:

Personally i was scared of it, but i put my mind to it at one time and i did so for 2 yrs plus and no now we are married with a beautiful daughter, but u have to talk alot, communicate well if she is matured enough and willing but it should not be for long if not you will scarter,

^^^^
agree, plus it's all about trust. if 2 peeps truly have a common goal and interest, then I think it will work.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Cohomology: 12:09pm On May 28, 2010
LDR is not for the weak-minded, the unstable, the morally-deficient, the narcissist, the borderline bipolar, the irrational, the selfish or the ignorant.

If you have ANY of the above traits, your LDR will fail!
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by ruskiee(m): 12:19pm On May 28, 2010
Long distant relationships- takes a lot of hard work and dedication. A lot!
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Orikinla(m): 12:34pm On May 28, 2010
They met 15 years ago before he left for the U.S.A.
They continued until he returned to wed her last month.

There is no distance too long or too wide in true love.

You are only a heart beat away even though you are miles away.

HOLD ON TO YOUR LOVE.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by SLIGHT(m): 12:45pm On May 28, 2010
Long distance = long distance to the aisle.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by OvieE: 1:11pm On May 28, 2010
Long distance relationship works if you put your mind to it. I have been a happy man since may 24, 2010 after almost five in long distance relationship. I am glad it finally ended and we are doing very well. Trust is the key including communications. Put your mind to it, it will work. I am just happy having my wife with me. We first met in 2005 and 2010 we are finally together in USA.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Dereformer(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2010
Avoiding LDR is avoiding unnecessary expenses
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by ud4u: 1:43pm On May 28, 2010
It do work for some people but to some reverse is always the case. Personally it did not work for me
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by adaraungwa(m): 1:49pm On May 28, 2010
If u haven't started walk far away from it, cos e-no-easy my guy. but if u are into it all u need to do is to keep away from the honey-com for sometime b4 you leek. cos d more u leek the less attractive she become and the less attractive she become the less affection u become. YOU CANT FINISH D REST.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by motunrayo2: 2:07pm On May 28, 2010
it depend on individual cos it really worked for me myself and my husband (Boyfriend then) dated each other for 6 good years and we got married in 2004 and i can tell you am happily married with children, my marriage 'll be 6 years next month, THE INGREDIENTS THAT YOU NEED ARE THE FOLLOWING, PRAYER, UNDERSTANDING, PATIENCE, TRUST AND LOVE

God bless you
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by zap2(m): 2:30pm On May 28, 2010
Never imagined myself in a LDR. I may love her and circumstances may make us stay apart. Thats quite different. But to open my two eyes in broad daylight and start dating from afar?! NEVER!!!
Pls dont blame me o. Trust is rare these days
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by mikelangs(m): 2:42pm On May 28, 2010
It all depends on two two tins1. it is not good if you intend to marry the lady becos, u both are not physically 2geda to understand one another and so many faults would be hidden and attitude will be kept in pretense.

2. It is good for those who are cheating their ways out and thats why they will not worry.

Long distance relationship is not good for anyones health. courrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by simplicit(m): 2:49pm On May 28, 2010
Yep it works, and still working, though doesn't work for some but it works for me and we are still rocking. what matters is communication
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by tekma: 3:10pm On May 28, 2010
@poster

can you use naija money to service Ghana or Cameroon
yOU GO WOUND OO.

I try it on few occasion and they failed, the only one that works, we were not dating for the past 8years except for this year.

We actually would have been getting MARRIED soon ,but she said I am only 2 days older than her as much as she LOVES me it is not going to work, even when her mother told her that the age difference does not matter.
BE WARNED
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by silami(m): 3:16pm On May 28, 2010
It hardly works dont go into it if u have not!
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 28, 2010
Depends how much each person in the relationship wants it to happen, If its a lot, then both parties put
in enough effort for it to work, if not much it probably wont work.

P.S people who are saying "it doesn't work" have either have a bad one or haven't been in one.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by wazobiang: 3:57pm On May 28, 2010
only to be practiced by the completely trusted and stable people. if its just for the wild thing, its ok. else forget it. whats to be gained by being attached to someone only by gsm and the mind. abeg attachments have to be physical.

some people are quite serious about what they want and will remain faithful to the right person even if the person went to the moon. the thing is, it is like lightning striking twice at the same spot for two people of nowadays to have the qualities that will make a long distance relationship work.

ok, even if lightning strikes twice and two such people meet. wouldn't it rather be a waste of cupids special and rare arrows to have such people apart for one second let alone for indefinite times.

anyway, its life, live it.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Smartrizz: 3:58pm On May 28, 2010
LDR is pain, night mare, headche, heart break is not an easy task. there re times u will need to stay with your lover, he/she will not be there. loneliness comes in. if the parties involve is in the same country is good, but stays in different country my dear na war

LDR is the most difficult among all the relationships, you need to put enough energy for it to work, infact is nt advisable. but for married couples is acceptable as far as there is love, trust and communication, for unmarried is not easyoooooo cos one day u may hear another story that the man is married with 3 kids abroad and you are here waiting for him, he may even come down and marry you without you knowing he has kids and wife abroad

I have a friend that met a guy online since 2007 they have not seen each other face to face, they are still together, thou it wasn't rosy cos they go on and off, the lady is down here playing faithful lady what abt the guy.

Honestly is not easy, before u go into it THINK TWICE.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by zebra543: 4:01pm On May 28, 2010
LDR and 'internet' dating are two completely different things. I also agree one has to be mature and optimistic. remeber tru love doesnt come easy and every relationship will encounter thier challenge. BEing miles apart might be the hardest thing to do, but as long as you remain faithful and communicate as much as possible you should both be fine! ie his words to me yesterday!
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by dremoney(m): 4:23pm On May 28, 2010
well,its a two way thing, if it a brief long distance, fine but if its a long long distance,im sory mate, no hope, which long distance?hisssssssss, lwkmd
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by saemoenl(f): 5:01pm On May 28, 2010
Depends on the person, Anyway, na trust be the KEY
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Smartrizz: 5:54pm On May 28, 2010
@Zebra543 what of his words to me in two weeks or one week etc
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by etaurus(m): 6:08pm On May 28, 2010
Well, it depends on the kinda person you are or the kinda person your partner is.
And as for me I see no problem with LDR though am not in it wink
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by Adechyno(m): 6:21pm On May 28, 2010
Long distance relationship? I run away 4rm such,
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by 190: 6:27pm On May 28, 2010
see dancing fowl

lol~
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by sophy09: 6:44pm On May 28, 2010
Personally I do not like long distant relationship, I tried it once and will never try it again. It depends on the two if they are ready to make it work, but guys can be nonchalant, they never know what the lady is going through. So as i said before it depends on the guy and the lady.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by GboyegaD(m): 6:54pm On May 28, 2010
Distance as far as I am concerned as nothing to do with relationships as relationships are built on love and trust.

For advocates of SDR, have you ever thought of what happens if your partner has to relocate for one reason or the other? Does that end your relationship or marriage if you both are married? Or do U choose to hinder the other parties progress because you cannot withstand a LDR?

As for me, I am into a LDR and it gets better everyday. The only challenge is dat it could be a little expensive because you have to keep in touch with each other often because communication is key in every relationship.

Finally, love and trust surely is not enough to sustain the relationship as both parties need be sincere with themselves what they want to make out of the relationship and this will be their driving force and determinant on how the relationship will go.

Wish you the best.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by uglyBetty1(f): 6:57pm On May 28, 2010
Long distance relationship can work for some people, it mite not work for some. I have a friend who was invovle with a guy for 2years befoer he left for Uk, they have been communicating but somebody now wants to marry the girl down in Nija. She come tell her supposed Boyfriend, the one in Uk, the Guy told her that she should take the decision her self, that it doesn't concern him. Uptil now, the Guy has not called her. May be the guy was even looking for an escape route and the girl provided it. Who knows.Hmmm.

To me, it is better for married couples, but Girlfriend/Boyfriend, hmmmmm, it is too damn risky. Enough headache, calls, texting, chatting. No be small thing ooo.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by unitee(f): 7:00pm On May 28, 2010
nothing
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by jchibueze: 7:06pm On May 28, 2010
Though, I just got married. It's really not easy but with technology its like we are close to each other. We see on skype everyday and we also talk on phone at lenght but meet physically every forth night. You need God to keep a relationship.
Re: What Do You Think Abut Long Distance Reationship by fowler: 7:19pm On May 28, 2010
Why go to Sokoto, when you have it in your So'koto? Word is enough for the wise, Flee from LDRs!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex On A Wedding Night / Rate This Guy From One To Ten / Disturbing Photos Of Dead Bodies In Mortuary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.