Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities (54778 Views)

Your Education Policy Wicked, Against Nigerian Youth - ASUU Slams Buhari / Racial Bias Against Nigerian Causes Protest At Yale University. / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by MxFactor: 10:35am On May 27, 2018
Why can't the church open its universities to the poor and the rich without collecting fees?

Run the schools from the money, donations collected on sundays, wednesday services, special sundays.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by AlphaMajestic: 10:36am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

We are simply asking many of these entitled folks to tell us where you got your ideas of an utopia where church uni run without charging fees. Yale, Princeton, Harvard came into the argument because they were founded by churches of their clergies. But if you think that is too hard to process then tell us how Yonsei, regeant, pepperdine, Oral Roberts uni, biola uni, Loyola Marymount uni, oakwood uni, villanova uni, leeward, Georgetown uni, St Andrews uni all founded and in many cases still run by churches charge millions of naira that dwarf the tuition of Nigerian church unis.
Why are people in those countries not screaming like many of the idiots in Nigeria. Maybe it's because they understand a thing or two about what it cost to run a university.

Why are their poor not screaming blue murder against the church for allowing their unis charge them thousands of dollars in fees which results in ppl taking back breaking loans to pay. Their poor also pay tithe and offerings, not to talk of the huge financial aid their govt still gives to private universities. Catholic uni of Notre dame collected millions of USD from US every year yet the school fees is 45,000USD.

The best private uni in Africa is American Univ of Cairo which charges 14,000USD while Covenant is the second and charges about 3,000USD. Let that sink in.

DrayZee CodeTemplar made important point on the so called call for industries. And let me reiterate that many universities funded by churches even have more employees than some industries. But be rest assured that when churches go into industries you would hear demonic things like "how can church build an auto industry when members can't afford the cars they make." That's the insanity of the Nigerian populace they deliberately forget the churches to employ ppl through universities and draw out the fact that poor people can't attend. Covenant for instance has over 2000 families feeding from it. But no let's forget that and focus on the 850,000 fees that the poor cannot pay.

nigga I think ur a pastor with d way ur defending dis churches..its very stupid of u not to see DAT these churches operate in a way that they care only abt profit making...and the part about 50/100 naira offering..are u Anazzhole...hw dare u speak of hw much offering ppl gve to Churches...if wat u see in ur offering boxes dnt satisfy u...then ur a greedy thief..join politics Nd stop deceiving ppl wid ur confident and eloquential lies

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by userplainly(m): 10:36am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

You ask why churches build universities? That I'm sorry to say is very funny. The churches build universities to be able to pass the Christian ordinance into a youthful population. Having the opportunity to teach students the ways of God under the platform of secular education is too great an opportunity to pass by. To correct ills of the society by taking folks at their formative stage and serving as an incubation for their developments into morally equipped individuals with reverence and knowledge of God.

Now churches have been building universities even before the person who named Nigeria was born and even preceded the US government and European nations to establish them. The Harvard's, Yale, Notre dame, yonsei would never have existed without the church.

As per industry the church has no mandate in it. Why should the church build industries? To create wealth - it is not the role of the church to create wealth, To provide jobs - It is not the role of the church to provide jobs. Unlike Universities, industries don't serve any relevance to the mandate of the church or her gospel. Let Kings remain kings and priest remain priest.

The church continues to have a mandate in creating schools(especially primary and secondary), Orphanages, Rehabs and Hospitals. Skill acquisitions for members is ok, building income generating companies is taking it too far.

No church university in Nigeria today is for profit making. The most expensive one, Babcock is subsidized by 2% of her total budget by the adventist church. Apostolic church gives Crawford 350 million subsidy every year, CU gets above 2 billion grants from winners every year. Landmark has gotten 6 billion in the past few years(I can go on!)

Are Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Yonsei, Notre dame affordable to the poor? Shouldn't they have been created(by the church) because the poor couldn't afford them? Do you even know the purpose of creating universities. You think it is to share admission for people.

Mockery? You sir are beginning to spout nonsense. The church universities which have run uninterrupted academic calendars, housed students like actual human beings, provided amenities the govt can't provide are suddenly the ones who are making a mockery of education. To take it further you are quite confused also. You just accused the church of profit mongering after slandering them for not investing in industries which are huge money spinners. It is safe to assume you would end up accusing the church of anything your imagination can create if they actually go into building industries. I know your type sir you would also accuse the church of building car industries with money of the poor while the poor can't afford it. Abi what are we supposed to do when we build cars that the poor can't afford. We should share the cars for free abi. After all with una thinking the church receives tithe and should be able to share free cars it produces

You are strange oga!... you compare Yale and Harvard when public tuitions are almost free in the west! ...... Yale n Harvard also scout the best students in different secondary Education and give them scholarships..... so ur points r meaningless..... the early missionary education r free paid by the church!... Falz n the man u quoted was freaking RIGHT..... the Church in Nigeria is a scam!.. Oyedepo is a greedy thief, he's building a stadium like auditorium for what? he has the biggest Church in the world, ok if he can do that why didn't he convert his attention to whole class stadium so we can tink of hosting world cup... the will boast of helping a few people wit money, oga money is never enough! that guy said they should build industries especially tins that matter like food.... workers will gladly work for less so long they r told its for the greater good!.... oga quote me ma school u!....

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by iwriterng(m): 10:36am On May 27, 2018
This doesn't make sense.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by CoolAmbience(m): 10:37am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:
These people asking the church for industries, please just name some of the "industries" that would be appropriate to be built by a church.
Should the church begin to manufacture steel? Or assemble cars? Or sell cement?
Really, what do you people want? Or is it that you people just feel like typing?

I see nothing wrong with them investing in industries, like FMCGs, agriculture and minning. I mean of what use is enhancing quality education in an environment of rapidly diminishing job opportunities?

While I commend your articulate and sensible defence of the Church in some areas, I still think that there are certain 'indefencibles' which even you should acknowledge, just as this one.

If you have mandate to build schools for improved learning you should also have mandate to support in creating good jobs for some of these quality human products that you have generated.

That is simply rational.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Nobody: 10:38am On May 27, 2018
Omg
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by slydog(m): 10:38am On May 27, 2018
izzou:

We are talking about Falz and his opinion. You should know Falz was talking our Nigerian pastors and not Harvard or Yale. I don't know why you keep bringing Harvard into this. Or you want to compare Harvard to mediocre universities like Madonna or Redeemers that still charge millions of naira for nothing?

And you guys feel it's not the church's responsibility to create jobs. I totally agree. But it's the church's responsibility to take almost a million from me a session, because they want to impact godly principles into me? Wonderful.

I wish I had time to reply your mentions. I want to hit the road soon. Falz is wrong because it's not his business, just as it isn't mine. But the springing up of universities everywhere by churches shows its not longer an issue of godly principles. It's about the money

Dude, can you do us all a favour and attend a govt funded university?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by oke48(m): 10:41am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

So because of "controversy" created by a few people who simply hate the church, then they should stop building universities offering quality education.
Wait, scratch that, how come most of you arguing here are still talking about scholarship schemes. Virtually all those universities have scholarship schemes for their church members.

So because of "controversy" created by a few people who simply hate the church. I never mentioned anyone hating the church. Like I mentioned, they should set their priorities straight. It is true they have scholarships schemes because I have heard a few but the question is "are these schemes transparent enough to favour those who truly deserve it?". May God help us.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kmaster007: 10:41am On May 27, 2018
com again
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 10:41am On May 27, 2018
nowpresence:

I wonder why the focus is on the church. What about other religion. when it comes to Christianity people always want to flex muscle.

So your point is if other religion are doing it, Christian can too.. Your kinds are dullards. Sorry �

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 10:42am On May 27, 2018
jibsy:
This argument is very simple to me. When you want to build a church, you pass envelops around for people to donate funds, no amount is too small you say. Then you buy the property in the name of one man. You open the church account quite alright but your spiritual head is the sole signatory and his wife or wards as next of kin. For God's sake, these are people's widow's might. You ask people to donate for building a school, no amount is too small you say again. But when the project comes to fruition, you set standards. Yes we know running an institution is no joke financially but when you take gifts from people, they feel entitled especially the poor. Here is my take, these spiritual heads can't tell us that they don't take salaries and payments from these tithes and offerings, so save up your earnings, collect loans from banks, build your university, don't name it after the church. In fact, no one needs to know the owner is a church spiritual head and everybody will be fine. I leave us with a question. How do you even feel comfortable collecting money from say a civil servant paying 850,000 each for three students in your school? A permanent secretary's basic salary is barely 500k per month. And that's the height of civil service work. Corruption smells already. How much do those pastors in your church get as salaries that they can even afford that tuition? Oh! I hear you say those ones are on scholarship. Yes, great one there. Then let all the poor students too from poor parents who gave their widow's might in building both church and school all get these scholarships and I think this case will be closed. Thank you
You dey mind them? Blacks pastors cant even build free primary school for their race people but the blame is white who contributed to build them for blacks back then. Self centered race. I wonder if Harvard is property of the church leader who built it and his siblings. Brain washed lot. Collect church money build university in their name and to be passed to their children while church member who contributed hail away . Selfish pastors and their badly brainwashed fellows

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Westbestside: 10:43am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:
These people asking the church for industries, please just name some of the "industries" that would be appropriate to be built by a church.
Should the church begin to manufacture steel? Or assemble cars? Or sell cement?
Really, what do you people want? Or is it that you people just feel like typing?
Bros, honestly speaking. You are pointless.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 10:43am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

You are wise. That's all I have say.
You are not wise. That's all I have to say. undecided
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by alen4smith(m): 10:44am On May 27, 2018
jonesoibe:
I least expected this from falz. undecided�[b][/b]
Leave the church alone and mind your music career.
is it sufice to say that we should also leave the politicians alone and mind our business?

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:44am On May 27, 2018
CoolAmbience:

I see nothing wrong with them investing in industries, like FMCGs, agriculture and minning. I mean of what use is enhancing quality education in an environment of rapidly diminishing job opportunities?

While I commend your articulate and sensible defence of the Church in some areas, I still think that there are certain 'indefencibles' which even you should acknowledge, just as this one.

If you have mandate to build schools for improved learning you should also have mandate to support in creating good jobs for some of these quality human products that you have generated.

That is simply rational.

So, now that Landmark University is engaging in commercial agriculture, and offering training for their students in agro-based endeavors, what do you now think of the church?
It's not everything done in their universities that they'll expose to the public. I know they can do better, but it's not as if they're doing nothing.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kalu61(m): 10:44am On May 27, 2018
I believe falz is correct in his view as we all are entitled to our opinion. No sane Nigeria can say Falz is absolutely wrong. Those of you defending the church how many thing have you come out with your long write ups to constructively criticize the church or are you saying the church is perfect?
Somebody must talk even when others think order wise and that's exactly Falz has said.
l have not listen to the song yet but the debate of church universities and exorbitant fees is not today's topic.
Stop attaching anybody. Just air your view you. I have followed this trend and am impressed by some people high sense of reasoning, maturity and contributions. Let bring the facts out, compare and contract by so doing learn from each other.
But the few people who exhibit the trait of an average
Nigeria, I say am disappointed.
Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Geist(m): 10:44am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

Erm you too consider the church. The early christians sold off inheritances for the church yet they never got free education nor free healthcare.
They did wealth redistribution but that was because the church got the all of members. You can't be giving 50-150 naira a Sunday and expect to get free everything.
The early church did redistribution while still remaining poor. You even have the ordercity to claim members are not giving their all when the truth is that many of these members would be better off seating at home rather than going to church. Pastors are leaving large but close their eyes to the fact that many of the early church leaders remained poor like Christ advised everyone seeking the kingdom of God. Let these wealth disappear from the church and see how many of your church leaders will remain in service of God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by dermmy(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2018
jurjur:

Pls receive sense cus It is very obvious U have lost your sense of reasoning. If your aim of building those universities is to impact godly knowledge from infancy, y then exclude the poor from being beneficiaries wth your high demands?

Wow. I love this question.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by ikezudon(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2018
hmmm.. i see.. make una sha check the bizarre incidents of the champions league final

https://billzonthestreets.com.ng/see-bizarre-uefa-champions-league-final-happenings/
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2018
ibnchokomah:
To run a school is a costly venture quite alright but it's funny when you force a small parish to pay a given sum to fund the school monthly. I won't call names but I know of a church that tasks parishes 5k monthly for their university. I'm talking of parishes that do not remit up to 30,000 naira monthly. The only equipment they have are old sound systems with a keyboards, with rent of about 60k yearly on their heads too.

One that I know of, it's the pastor that pays the rent and the church doesn't care how they survive. All they want is their remittance and the 5k forwarded for school growth. Oh lest I forget, the pastor is my Father. You sit wherever you are typing trash about how money is needed to run the church but you won't ask yourself how it directly affects the small churches they have. With the story above why won't people say they take from the poor to build schools only the rich can afford?

If there was a good scholarship scheme that takes smart youths from these poor families to these schools, it'll have been better but heck when I wrote a scholarship exam although I had the highest score in my region, and above 85%, all I got was 30k for my 5 years of study. How fair is that?

These schools are built for profit and profit alone. It's not a mission school whatsoever but then Jesus' emphasis was on the poor. Las las what do I know? The church should be bold enough to say that these are profit driven enterprises and hike the price as much as they want, make it as standard as they want but they shouldn't do it at the EXPENSE OF POOR MEMBERS.

There's a welfare offering collected in church and more than 80% is remitted. An offering that doesn't amount to 2000. How on earth do they want member's welfare to be taken care of with just 200 naira. See OP don't make me annoyed this morning.

You talk sense bro
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:45am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

You are not wise. That's all I have to say. undecided
Your opinion though. No wahala.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 10:46am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Your opinion though. No wahala.
Yes. It is... Thank you undecided
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:47am On May 27, 2018
Westbestside:
Bros, honestly speaking. You are pointless.
So this is your answer to the question. I ask which industries? You have nothing to say.
Imagine.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:48am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

Yes. It is... Thank you undecided
You're welcome. Peace.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 10:48am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

But is he wrong? No.
You can't ask a question and still answer it yourself.. So you are not ready for my answer then. Damn you Satan.. Be gone!!
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:48am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

You can't ask a question and still answer it yourself.. So you are not ready for my answer then. Damn you Satan.. Be gone!!
So is he wrong? If you had an answer, you wouldn't care about that now would you?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by slydog(m): 10:48am On May 27, 2018
Falz is simply following the foot step of his talkative father lambasting the schools owned by churches.

OK, Madonna, Covenant, Redeemers and others are schools for the poor, no school fees. All comers affairs, when the standards begin to fall, because it surely will without funding, Falz and his father will still be the one to say churches have no business running schools because they cannot maintain one, they will even say the govt should take it offer.

How do u attract quality lecturers , will they all come to do charity and teach for free??
A Professor in a Federal University is paid between 500-700k depending on the department, and each department has a set number of lecturers that must be in its employ depending on the size of the sch before accreditation by NUC, if you think it is easy, you will wonder why even govt funded universities fail to get accreditation.

All man to his tent, go sch where your pocket reach.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:50am On May 27, 2018
slydog:
Falz is simply following the foot step of his talkative father lambasting the schools owned by churches.

OK, Madonna, Covenant, Redeemers and others are schools for the poor, no school fees. All comers affairs, when the standards begin to fall, because it surely will without funding, Falz and his father will still be the one to say churches have no business running schools because they cannot maintain one, they will even say the govt should take it offer.

How do u attract quality lecturers , will they all come to do charity and teach for free??
A Professor in a Federal University is paid between 500-700k depending on the department, and each department has a set number of lecturers that must be in its employ depending on the size of the sch before accreditation by NUC, if you think it is easy, you will wonder why even govt funded universities fail to get accreditation.

All man to his tent, go sch where your pocket reach.
I don't even know what to say. It will shock you how people will still find fault in what you just typed.

Sha. ThisIsNigeria.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 10:51am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Leave Higher.Ed first. The thing is a bit personal to him.

Now, did the missionaries build universities when they came here? No
Is it cheap to run a university? No
Is there any cheap private university (by your standards) on the surface of the earth? No. Even the ones built by the so called "missionaries" charge up to 7million naira per student.
So tell me, what miracle do you want the churches to perform to make the universities "free"?
Do you expect lecturers to teach and not demand salary? Do you expect cleaners to clean and not demand salary? Do you expect the university to order infrastructure and not pay for it? Do you expect them to receive their 24/7 electricity for free?

Please tell me, what plan do you have that can make a full fledged university free? Tell us this your brilliant idea that no one on earth has ever thought of before.
Can they come together to build universities that are affordable to the poor? Think before you answer, I repeat think before you answer!
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by elly4(f): 10:51am On May 27, 2018
Its non of my business cos naija don tire me. But truly thank you for these points. A bitter truth.

[b]First of all, I do not support Falz in anyway. So don't quote me if you don't understand my points. Thank you.

My question is? What is the aim of building the University in the first place? Is it to provide quality education, or to make profit?

If it's to provide quality education, then who are the targets? The rich or the poor? Because I'm sure no poor man can afford a private university.

Take a look at this country. The churches have made a mockery of the whole education sector. Every church wants to have a university. And you want to tell me it's not for profits? undecided Even the church that will reign tomorrow are already looking for a parcel of land for their proposed university. Don't we have enough already?

Why can't these churches build industries? Why can't two or three of these churches come together and create wealth if not for anyone, at least for their members?

Instead, they create more and more divisions among themselves. This founder will boast to his students that his school is the best amongst others, and how God gave him the vision to revive the educational sector. Rubbish undecided

I need not type more so you don't think I actually support Falz. Falz should have just kept quiet. It would have been better[/b]
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by AlphaMajestic: 10:52am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

"Rich and poor built university and none of them got the services for free"..

look at wat a full grown adult wid thinking ability came to write on a public platform....just read DAT statement again and tell me ur not d anti Christ...r u sure u wia fed wid breast milk...
bros I swear if u wia close to me NW...u wud av collected like four slaps..asin four hot slaps
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by blaze007(m): 10:53am On May 27, 2018
Sum1 give this brother a medal. He's backing up his point with facts....not like others that watch back of tv....
And come here to spit rabbissh....

HigherEd:

We are simply asking many of these entitled folks to tell us where you got your ideas of an utopia where church uni run without charging fees. Yale, Princeton, Harvard came into the argument because they were founded by churches of their clergies. But if you think that is too hard to process then tell us how Yonsei, regeant, pepperdine, Oral Roberts uni, biola uni, Loyola Marymount uni, oakwood uni, villanova uni, leeward, Georgetown uni, St Andrews uni all founded and in many cases still run by churches charge millions of naira that dwarf the tuition of Nigerian church unis.
Why are people in those countries not screaming like many of the idiots in Nigeria. Maybe it's because they understand a thing or two about what it cost to run a university.

Why are their poor not screaming blue murder against the church for allowing their unis charge them thousands of dollars in fees which results in ppl taking back breaking loans to pay. Their poor also pay tithe and offerings, not to talk of the huge financial aid their govt still gives to private universities. Catholic uni of Notre dame collected millions of USD from US every year yet the school fees is 45,000USD.

The best private uni in Africa is American Univ of Cairo which charges 14,000USD while Covenant is the second and charges about 3,000USD. Let that sink in.

DrayZee CodeTemplar made important point on the so called call for industries. And let me reiterate that many universities funded by churches even have more employees than some industries. But be rest assured that when churches go into industries you would hear demonic things like "how can church build an auto industry when members can't afford the cars they make." That's the insanity of the Nigerian populace they deliberately forget the churches to employ ppl through universities and draw out the fact that poor people can't attend. Covenant for instance has over 2000 families feeding from it. But no let's forget that and focus on the 850,000 fees that the poor cannot pay.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

See My Jamb Result (screenshot) / Michael Okpara University (MOUAU) 2014/2015 postume form on sale / UNN Exam Question After 8 Months Of ASUU Strike (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.