Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,922 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities (54779 Views)

Your Education Policy Wicked, Against Nigerian Youth - ASUU Slams Buhari / Racial Bias Against Nigerian Causes Protest At Yale University. / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by aspiring44: 10:53am On May 27, 2018
@wiseandtrue.

very intelligent of you.

The point is that the early church centered on welfarism.,but what we have today or practicing today is simply capitalism. The government is equally on capitalism hence the church follows .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 10:53am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

So is he wrong? If you had an answer, you wouldn't care about that now would you?
Shuoo... You don't think well bro.. That's just the honest truth.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Westbestside: 10:54am On May 27, 2018
izzou:

Pick up one or two responsibilities of the government? Mtcheeew

The number of students admitted into Ife,Ibadan and Unizik and Unilag in a year is more than what all the private universities in Nigeria take a year

Today is Sunday. Go to your church. Some members have no jobs and some are hungry. It's the job of the government to take care of them, but you could kindly ask your pastor to help, instead of adding more universities to the already choked system.

I love you bro
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:54am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

Can they come together to build universities that are affordable to the poor? Think before you answer, I repeat think before you answer!
So, would you prefer a sub-standar but cheap, free-for-all university? Tell me.
University with no light, unqualified personnel, dirty environment and no equipment, just so that the poor can say "my pikin dey school".
Well, there's no need for the church to do that na. The FG already has those on ground grin
But if that's what will make you happy, I can help you send a report Oyedepo saying, "this is what the people want". grin
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:54am On May 27, 2018
izzou:
grin

[b]First of all, I do not support Falz in anyway. So don't quote me if you don't understand my points. Thank you.

My question is? What is the aim of building the University in the first place? Is it to provide quality education, or to make profit?

If it's to provide quality education, then who are the targets? The rich or the poor? Because I'm sure no poor man can afford a private university.

Take a look at this country. The churches have made a mockery of the whole education sector. Every church wants to have a university. And you want to tell me it's not for profits? undecided Even the church that will reign tomorrow are already looking for a parcel of land for their proposed university. Don't we have enough already?

Why can't these churches build industries? Why can't two or three of these churches come together and create wealth if not for anyone, at least for their members?

Instead, they create more and more divisions among themselves. This founder will boast to his students that his school is the best amongst others, and how God gave him the vision to revive the educational sector. Rubbish undecided

I need not type more so you don't think I actually support Falz. Falz should have just kept quiet. It would have been better[/b]

There is no proof that the Church make profit from running universities. What they do, at most, is break even.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:55am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

Shuoo... You don't think well bro.. That's just the honest truth.
Abeg, if you know sey you no get answer, no dey quote me.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by fruqy(m): 10:55am On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
So let us reason it further brethren.
A man earn #50,000 and can't afford to pay #600, 000 as fee per annum, he pays his tithe of #5,000 in accordance with the covenant and now wants the church to flip his average annual tithe of #60,000(#5000/month) into #600,000 in form of subsidized education.
It takes a level of dead conscience for such a thought to flow through a sane mans mind.

You're really daft.
Go and read and compare equality to equity. Mumu
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by hotdealz(m): 10:58am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

Lol don't talk about an issue you know nothing of. NUC license more universities because there is shortage of universities. Nearly a million Nigerian youths are denied spaces every year in unis due to unavailable spaces.
This is an outright lie.
There is no shortage of universities in nigeria. Almost everybody wants to attend the likes of unilag, uniben, oau etc while most universities are begging for people to attend.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 10:58am On May 27, 2018
CoolAmbience:

I see nothing wrong with them investing in industries, like FMCGs, agriculture and minning. I mean of what use is enhancing quality education in an environment of rapidly diminishing job opportunities?

While I commend your articulate and sensible defence of the Church in some areas, I still think that there are certain 'indefencibles' which even you should acknowledge, just as this one.

If you have mandate to build schools for improved learning you should also have mandate to support in creating good jobs for some of these quality human products that you have generated.

That is simply rational.

If their Mission for building "Universities that the poor can't attend" is to change the society... It's been years now, what has changed People supporting this are simply Wicked, evil and satanic.. ���

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by leofab(f): 10:59am On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Tithe is voluntary unlike tax. If pastors are to provide a working society for members don't you think Muslims and nonbelievers are being left out?

Let FG relinquish 5 or 10 juicy oil wells to the church and we will see church providing cheap populated schools like UNIZIK and UNILAG.
then they should stop the pretense as let us know they are basically a profit making private enterprise...

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 10:59am On May 27, 2018
oke48:

So because of "controversy" created by a few people who simply hate the church. I never mentioned anyone hating the church. Like I mentioned, they should set their priorities straight. It is true they have scholarships schemes because I have heard a few but the question is "are these schemes transparent enough to favour those who truly deserve it?". May God help us.

Those who truly deserve it are those, who are, not only from the church, but smart enough to pass the exams as well as imbibe the rules of the university they are going to. Don't you think so?
What would be the point of receiving a scholarship if all you'll do is be a nuisance to other students and get expelled in less than a year?
The scheme is transparent enough, if your church owns a university you want to go to, you read your books, pass the exam well, and you're in.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by luckyogor(m): 10:59am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:
It is sad that once again a Nigerian who ought to be a responsible mentor for Nigerian youths has towed the unfortunate path of Ignorance. In his recent music video, Fahlz called out Nigerian Churches for building universities with money of the poor yet made it unavailable for the poor due to "expensive" tuition.

This is one of the numerous emotional blackmail that churches in Nigeria are being subjected to. It is sad because one wonders if much of these accusers even realise what it takes to fund a mediocre university not to talk of a good one. In much of these debates and attacks against churches, most seem to abandon the facts rather they go feed on the lies and propaganda against the church which is an easy target because most churches rightly do not have PR teams or many individuals knowledgeable enough to defend them.

How Much Does It Cost To Run A Nigerian University
We would be using federal and state universities as a guide here due to the unavailability of data from mission universities.
In their underfunded states, the University of Ibadan's annual wage bill stands at 800 million naira/month translating to 10 billion naira/annum. Capital allocation to the university also stands at 1 billion naira/annum. While Tetfund's annual allocation stands at 2 billion naira per annum. Therefore all FG induced funding stands at 13 billion naira for a total number of 29,783 students which put total FG subsidy of UI at N437,000.00 per annum. This is excluding the IGR made by the university.
State universities on the other hand have a typical wage bill profile of about 5 billion a year. Example would be the likes of Lautech and EkSu with 390> million naira and 450 million naira as wage bill respectively.

If Governments are finding it hard to fund universities how would fahlz expect churches to do so exclusively?
Until recently Lautech was enmeshed in a serie of Industrial actions which was a result of the two owner state's inability to pay subvention for the university. Adekunle Ajasin on the other hand witnessed an internal crisis when state government had to hike the fees students where paying. All these are testament to the fact that university education is severely expensive to fund. So the intelligent questions that Fahlz should be asking is how state governments funded with Oil revenue, Compulsory Tax and a predictable income regime are finding it nearly impossible to properly fund single universities across their various states. Not why should churches who are funded by Voluntary donations and a nonconsistent income regime must fund free education.

There Are No Free Church Universities Anywhere In The World.
While most of the advocates of free church university education are quick to cite old missionaries as the reason why today's church must give free education it is curious as to why they refuse to cite free church universities in adavanced nations of the world today which currently practices free education. They cunningly make it sound as though tuition fees was invented by Nigerian pastors. But it is indeed far from the truth. The fact is that majority of the conventional churches across the globe funded or founded by churches charge way higher than their counterparts in Nigerian universities. Exceptions would be made of university cum seminaries which are usually also funded by churches.

"Church Universities Are Funded By The Poor" - A lie invented by Mischievous individuals
Half truths are equal to lies, to say that church universities are funded by the poor is to insinuate that they are exclusively funded by them. But that would be a lie because the obvious truth is that they are equally funded by the rich and middle class who in some cases don't even bother applying. Much of these self appointed advocates of the poor are in the reality hypocrites using poor people as a pawn in a dirty war game against the church.
University education is expensive everywhere and where it is free someone must be paying for it. Many of the hyocritic advocates of the poor make it seem as though poor people sell off their inheritances to gift to churches so as to build schools "that are for the rich". But in reality what most church members give to churches or university donations are negligible funds such as 50 - 500 naira. How many 50/100 naira notes are you going to pull together to replace one 800,000 required to educate one kid?

Nigerian Churches Should Continue Their Good works In The Higher Education Sector And Ignore Detractors.
The fact of the matter is that Nigerian churches provided over 30 universities which has given thousands of Nigerian youths the opportunity to study in a country with one of the lowest university per populations in the world. They've done that and have equally saved Nigeria millions in foreign exchange which erstwhile was lost to education tourism. They've funded researches in millions, owned research institutes which helped in curbing infectious disease and now even one now has a startup laboratory.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=228551741245276&id=226796954754088

My dear"Christian" fellow,say and write what u know about the kingdom of christ and leave everyone to their opinions. But i will tell you this,never ever condenm a person dropping hundred naira or fifty naira as offering or church donation,go back and erase that nonsense from your write-up and secondly the church of Christ exist to give succour to the poor,sick and helpless,so if the church does deem it fit to erect a university, they should have it in mind to target such class of people.

5 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by AlphaMajestic: 11:00am On May 27, 2018
Junior66:

As an educated person you should know that the missionary schools were not free in the sense you are making it. Those schools were paid for by the mother churches of the missionaries abroad. Oyibo people paid for us to be given free education so it was not free.

ur one the people DATs always displaying foolishness anywhr dy like...oyibo Pple paid for the same oyibo Pple to teach u...so wat is not free about it ..if government pay teachers for government school to be free..is it not free then...is it until buhari comes to d class wid Cain Nd chalk DAT u will knw wat free is..mugu

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by jbtobsyn(m): 11:00am On May 27, 2018
izzou:

[b]It may please you to know that I am a product of a private university(church owned) in this country

Saying that no church built it's university for profit making is a lie. It's either you are ignorant, or you just want to lie. Ask those who have been there. I'll rest my case on this point. Make we no too talk am cool

Now, you say the church doesn't have the mandate to build industries. Fine. I agree. So how did they get the mandate to build schools?
Note that I'm not against churches building universities . I'm just against the fact that every church now builds it's own universities. Our purpose of getting education is to have a positive impact in the society, while we make a living. There is no platform for us to make a living. There are no jobs, and no structures on ground to create one. Instead of using this loophole to impact godly principles into people, we still create more problems

Look at Nigeria. Every state has its own university, polytechnic and other tertiary institutions. Coupled with the ones of the Federal government and you still see sense in adding more.

Talking about godly principles, what class of Nigerians are they targeting? The rich or the poor? Because a middle class Nigerian will not find paying 500k a semester easy, not to talk of the poor.

Be it known to thee that there are other super mega churches outside Nigeria and Africa. If the aim was to impact godly principles, they should have littered their countries with universities too.

[/b]
Oga I can see that you are confused.You said church build school for profit making and it is still the same you who ask them to build industries.Building industries is mainly for profit making.How can you accuse someone of something and still ask the person to still do what you are accusing him/her of doing?

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:01am On May 27, 2018
hotdealz:
This is an outright lie.
There is no shortage of universities in nigeria. Almost everybody wants to attend the likes of unilag, uniben, oau etc while most universities are begging for people to attend.
True, he should've said a shortage of desirable universities.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:01am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

University with no light, unqualified personnel, dirty environment and no equipment, just so that the poor can say "my pikin dey school".
Well, there's no need for the church to do that na. The FG already has those on ground grin
But if that's what will make you happy, I can help you send a report Oyedepo saying, "this is what the people want". grin
Now, you just confirmed my hypothesis... Please receive sense.. Please
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 11:01am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

Erm you too consider the church. The early christians sold off inheritances for the church yet they never got free education nor free healthcare.
They did wealth redistribution but that was because the church got the all of members. You can't be giving 50-150 naira a Sunday and expect to get free everything.
The early churches didnt have their pastors using their money to buy the jets, build in thrir names to be inherited by their family and living in maximium opulence so the motivation to give was there because the collected money was used for the poor and most needy.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Nobody: 11:02am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:
It is sad that once again a Nigerian who ought to be a responsible mentor for Nigerian youths has towed the unfortunate path of Ignorance. In his recent music video, Fahlz called out Nigerian Churches for building universities with money of the poor yet made it unavailable for the poor due to "expensive" tuition.

This is one of the numerous emotional blackmail that churches in Nigeria are being subjected to. It is sad because one wonders if much of these accusers even realise what it takes to fund a mediocre university not to talk of a good one. In much of these debates and attacks against churches, most seem to abandon the facts rather they go feed on the lies and propaganda against the church which is an easy target because most churches rightly do not have PR teams or many individuals knowledgeable enough to defend them.

How Much Does It Cost To Run A Nigerian University
We would be using federal and state universities as a guide here due to the unavailability of data from mission universities.
In their underfunded states, the University of Ibadan's annual wage bill stands at 800 million naira/month translating to 10 billion naira/annum. Capital allocation to the university also stands at 1 billion naira/annum. While Tetfund's annual allocation stands at 2 billion naira per annum. Therefore all FG induced funding stands at 13 billion naira for a total number of 29,783 students which put total FG subsidy of UI at N437,000.00 per annum. This is excluding the IGR made by the university.
State universities on the other hand have a typical wage bill profile of about 5 billion a year. Example would be the likes of Lautech and EkSu with 390> million naira and 450 million naira as wage bill respectively.

If Governments are finding it hard to fund universities how would fahlz expect churches to do so exclusively?
Until recently Lautech was enmeshed in a serie of Industrial actions which was a result of the two owner state's inability to pay subvention for the university. Adekunle Ajasin on the other hand witnessed an internal crisis when state government had to hike the fees students where paying. All these are testament to the fact that university education is severely expensive to fund. So the intelligent questions that Fahlz should be asking is how state governments funded with Oil revenue, Compulsory Tax and a predictable income regime are finding it nearly impossible to properly fund single universities across their various states. Not why should churches who are funded by Voluntary donations and a nonconsistent income regime must fund free education.

There Are No Free Church Universities Anywhere In The World.
While most of the advocates of free church university education are quick to cite old missionaries as the reason why today's church must give free education it is curious as to why they refuse to cite free church universities in adavanced nations of the world today which currently practices free education. They cunningly make it sound as though tuition fees was invented by Nigerian pastors. But it is indeed far from the truth. The fact is that majority of the conventional churches across the globe funded or founded by churches charge way higher than their counterparts in Nigerian universities. Exceptions would be made of university cum seminaries which are usually also funded by churches.

"Church Universities Are Funded By The Poor" - A lie invented by Mischievous individuals
Half truths are equal to lies, to say that church universities are funded by the poor is to insinuate that they are exclusively funded by them. But that would be a lie because the obvious truth is that they are equally funded by the rich and middle class who in some cases don't even bother applying. Much of these self appointed advocates of the poor are in the reality hypocrites using poor people as a pawn in a dirty war game against the church.
University education is expensive everywhere and where it is free someone must be paying for it. Many of the hyocritic advocates of the poor make it seem as though poor people sell off their inheritances to gift to churches so as to build schools "that are for the rich". But in reality what most church members give to churches or university donations are negligible funds such as 50 - 500 naira. How many 50/100 naira notes are you going to pull together to replace one 800,000 required to educate one kid?

Nigerian Churches Should Continue Their Good works In The Higher Education Sector And Ignore Detractors.
The fact of the matter is that Nigerian churches provided over 30 universities which has given thousands of Nigerian youths the opportunity to study in a country with one of the lowest university per populations in the world. They've done that and have equally saved Nigeria millions in foreign exchange which erstwhile was lost to education tourism. They've funded researches in millions, owned research institutes which helped in curbing infectious disease and now even one now has a startup laboratory.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=228551741245276&id=226796954754088

The church has no business building universities. That makes them a business institute.

The church is a source of income,simple.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:02am On May 27, 2018
luckyogor:

My dear"Christian" fellow,say and write what u know about the kingdom of christ and leave everyone to their opinions. But i will tell you this,never ever condenm a person dropping hundred naira or fifty naira as offering or church donation,go back and erase that nonsense from your write-up and secondly the church of Christ exist to give succour to the poor,sick and helpless,so if the church does deem it fit to erect a university, they should have it in mind to target such class of people.

Now this is someone with high IQ.. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:03am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Leave Higher.Ed first. The thing is a bit personal to him.

Now, did the missionaries build universities when they came here? No
Is it cheap to run a university? No
Is there any cheap private university (by your standards) on the surface of the earth? No. Even the ones built by the so called "missionaries" charge up to 7million naira per student.
So tell me, what miracle do you want the churches to perform to make the universities "free"?
Do you expect lecturers to teach and not demand salary? Do you expect cleaners to clean and not demand salary? Do you expect the university to order infrastructure and not pay for it? Do you expect them to receive their 24/7 electricity for free?

Please tell me, what plan do you have that can make a full fledged university free? Tell us this your brilliant idea that no one on earth has ever thought of before.
go and read history then come back to me...Because it appears ur parents /wards/kindred forgive me never went to school or never met them...

Because my own ancestors went to missionary schools and it was free...Even my older siblings some of them did...

It's a bit personal to me that u trying to defend something u are completely ignorant of...U even try to petrify me by saying some missionary schools charge 7m per student...Nice move...But I'm not impressed because from all indications u are either completely mischievous or ignorant or maybe both..

I know alot of people here honestly would have heard of free education during the missionary era.

Learn to be just and fair..Be spiritual not religious...Being religious is a recipe for deceit and extremism..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by perfectedmee: 11:03am On May 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:

You are the one parading ignorance here.
Let me try tracing it from the church to the poor for you.
The church schools and are established to deliver a certain standard of education which has its own level of required funding. Now let's say that funding translate to # 10, 000 per student per year.

The church can't pay 10,000 for all student so decide to pay for only those they can through à scholarship arrangement that targets a blend of the best and the poor. After covering those within their immediate capacity they open the floor for best(academically) who can afford the whole 10,000 on their own.

This is the reality for most church unis but people don't want to hear that. They think the church is their government. As long as the government receives your tax the government is the sole provider of every other things you share in common with nonbelievers.

If the Church were able to use people Offerings and tithes to build a whole University.

What stops them from still using it to fund the University ?

Cos last time I checked, people are still paying tithes Nd Offerings, in fact, one of the GO's boasted that it has tripled over d year.

D truth is that, these schools were built for profit taking. You can continue wallowing in your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:03am On May 27, 2018
kennypoka2:

Now, you just confirmed my hypothesis... Please receive sense.. Please
The same to you fellow Nigerian that never has an answer to questions.
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Lordkratus(m): 11:03am On May 27, 2018
falz was right these churches are devious. collecting from the poor to establish an institution for self serving purpose. you will see them when they want to collect fund for their building make a special sermon about giving and blessing and how to give to provoke God and all that. the next thing that comes out is their big bowl they use to pack the few finance of the poor and this process continues till the project is completed. next thing set up a high school fees that the poor can't benefit from and tell you the school is expensive to run,and they don't make a profit from it. White lies. if you are using the poor money on your project set up a process in which they can benefit from it. and don't come here quoting havard being a Christian school and it's fees without going to read how it was established. it was not done by the way our crooked pastors do theirs that's why you don't see the while folks revolting like we are doing here.

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by princfred(m): 11:05am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

So if the churches use peoples money to upgrade the existing universities will they faint? Then those jet money can build orphanages, Rehabs, hospitals nationwide that will benefit those who contributed to it better.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by Moinoni123(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2018
They church don't suppose to set such standards. They passing the religion to younger generations with such high cost when Christ gave us this life for free

2 Likes

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by DrayZee: 11:06am On May 27, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
go and read history then come back to me...Because it appears ur parents /wards/kindred forgive me never went to school or never met them...

Because my own ancestors went to missionary schools and it was free...Even my older siblings some of them did...

It's a bit personal to me that u trying to defend something u are completely ignorant of...U even try to petrify me by saying some missionary schools charge 7m per student...Nice move...But I'm not impressed because from all indications u are either completely mischievous or ignorant or maybe both..

I know alot of people here honestly would have heard of free education during the missionary era.

Learn to be just and fair..Be spiritual not religious...Being religious is a recipe for deceit and extremism..
So after all these lines, it appears you didn't barely read my initial statement. You came here with intent to defend yourself by all means.

I did not in any place say that the basic schools the missionaries built in Nigeria were not free.

I asked you, did any missionary build a university in Nogeria? You dodged it.

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by jbtobsyn(m): 11:07am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

We are simply asking many of these entitled folks to tell us where you got your ideas of an utopia where church uni run without charging fees. Yale, Princeton, Harvard came into the argument because they were founded by churches of their clergies. But if you think that is too hard to process then tell us how Yonsei, regeant, pepperdine, Oral Roberts uni, biola uni, Loyola Marymount uni, oakwood uni, villanova uni, leeward, Georgetown uni, St Andrews uni all founded and in many cases still run by churches charge millions of naira that dwarf the tuition of Nigerian church unis.
Why are people in those countries not screaming like many of the idiots in Nigeria. Maybe it's because they understand a thing or two about what it cost to run a university.

Why are their poor not screaming blue murder against the church for allowing their unis charge them thousands of dollars in fees which results in ppl taking back breaking loans to pay. Their poor also pay tithe and offerings, not to talk of the huge financial aid their govt still gives to private universities. Catholic uni of Notre dame collected millions of USD from US every year yet the school fees is 45,000USD.

The best private uni in Africa is American Univ of Cairo which charges 14,000USD while Covenant is the second and charges about 3,000USD. Let that sink in.

DrayZee CodeTemplar made important point on the so called call for industries. And let me reiterate that many universities funded by churches even have more employees than some industries. But be rest assured that when churches go into industries you would hear demonic things like "how can church build an auto industry when members can't afford the cars they make." That's the insanity of the Nigerian populace they deliberately forget the churches to employ ppl through universities and draw out the fact that poor people can't attend. Covenant for instance has over 2000 families feeding from it. But no let's forget that and focus on the 850,000 fees that the poor cannot pay.
Sir leave them alone.Most of them are unreasonable fellow without solutions to stuff they blame people on
*I WANT YOU PEOPLE CRITICISING THE CHURCH TO BRING A PROPOSAL ON HOW CHURCH CAN MAKE TUITION FREE SINCE YOU ARE THE KNOW ALL*

1 Like

Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by gregyboy(m): 11:07am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Are you saying Africa is the only place where you see churches running universities?
Try making a search for once, and while at it, check the school fees they charge.
MODIFIED:
That said, I don't really have a problem with his swipe at church funded universities. He, like many other Nigerians simply doesn't know what it costs to run a university.

Something i dont get from peeps like you is comparing nigeria with other country even in terms of wrong doings ...so because almost part of the world churches own universities with high titution so ure now saying is normally to follow it...never forget two wrongs never make a right...nigeria is worse in every sector and within ourselves we promote corruption setback. like ure doing now...if the world are following that part so nigeria shld go along with it same way...hypocrite that ure ..i bet if they make you a pastor u would be the type that would pray for ebola patient afar instead finding cure...
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:07am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

Abeg, if you know sey you no get answer, no dey quote me.

What are your questions? What are your answers? Your foolishness is like peak.. It's in you
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by loswhite(m): 11:08am On May 27, 2018
Every body is talking about free education...lol. what is the relationship between expensive tuition and free education? Of does it mean when something is less expensive it is automatically free?
My question is how was it possible for the missionaries to run standard secondary schools back in the days for free?
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by kennypoka2(m): 11:08am On May 27, 2018
DrayZee:

The same to you fellow Nigerian that never has an answer to questions.
I ask again, what are your questions?? undecided
Re: Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities by frubben(m): 11:09am On May 27, 2018
HigherEd:

You ask why churches build universities? That I'm sorry to say is very funny. The churches build universities to be able to pass the Christian ordinance into a youthful population. Having the opportunity to teach students the ways of God under the platform of secular education is too great an opportunity to pass by. To correct ills of the society by taking folks at their formative stage and serving as an incubation for their developments into morally equipped individuals with reverence and knowledge of God.

Now churches have been building universities even before the person who named Nigeria was born and even preceded the US government and European nations to establish them. The Harvard's, Yale, Notre dame, yonsei would never have existed without the church.

As per industry the church has no mandate in it. Why should the church build industries? To create wealth - it is not the role of the church to create wealth, To provide jobs - It is not the role of the church to provide jobs. Unlike Universities, industries don't serve any relevance to the mandate of the church or her gospel. Let Kings remain kings and priest remain priest.

The church continues to have a mandate in creating schools(especially primary and secondary), Orphanages, Rehabs and Hospitals. Skill acquisitions for members is ok, building income generating companies is taking it too far.

No church university in Nigeria today is for profit making. The most expensive one, Babcock is subsidized by 2% of her total budget by the adventist church. Apostolic church gives Crawford 350 million subsidy every year, CU gets above 2 billion grants from winners every year. Landmark has gotten 6 billion in the past few years(I can go on!)

Are Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Yonsei, Notre dame affordable to the poor? Shouldn't they have been created(by the church) because the poor couldn't afford them? Do you even know the purpose of creating universities. You think it is to share admission for people. Do you know the poor too would benefit most when the universities turn out great research, discoveries and product for the benefit of society?

Mockery? You sir are beginning to spout nonsense. The church universities which have run uninterrupted academic calendars, housed students like actual human beings, provided amenities the govt can't provide are suddenly the ones who are making a mockery of education. To take it further you are quite confused also. You just accused the church of profit mongering after slandering them for not investing in industries which are huge money spinners. It is safe to assume you would end up accusing the church of anything your imagination can create if they actually go into building industries. I know your type sir you would also accuse the church of building car industries with money of the poor while the poor can't afford it. Abi what are we supposed to do when we build cars that the poor can't afford. We should share the cars for free abi. After all with una thinking the church receives tithe and should be able to share free cars it produces

nigga seripusly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

See My Jamb Result (screenshot) / Michael Okpara University (MOUAU) 2014/2015 postume form on sale / UNN Exam Question After 8 Months Of ASUU Strike (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.