Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. (898 Views)

Is This Feminism Or Witchcraft? / Is This Feminism Or Stupidity? / Men Touching Women Boobs In Public Bus Must Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Konigsegg: 11:10am On May 27, 2018
This whole matter of feminism and equal rights for women has become such a misguided mission in the sense that women now use it as a means to be lazy and escape every form of responsibility.
We are africans first and foremost if we are going to copy european and western way of life then copy it to the fullest. But don't copy one part that favors you and ignore the other.
You see a nigerian family giving their daughter out in marriage, they'll give you such an exorbitant list telling you all that they need. We understand that's custom and as the man we have to pay dowry and perform other traditional rites.
You cannot then observe a traditional marriage and have a man pay money over a woman's head and then still claim to want to practice western way of life in running the home.
There are men who put their wives through hell with chores and all that but majority of educated nigerian men like myself are willing to help our wives every now and then with basic things like cooking and all. When a wife isn't doing the washing or ironing because there is a machine or clothes are being taken to the cleaners what then is there to do. The problem is when these women try to make things complicated by exclusively saying a man must share the cooking responsibility with the wife. That's wrong and if you're going to marry using the African system you can't come and demand a european home system . That's simply double standards. It's becoming obvious that women claim feminism when it favors them and are not really practicing true feminism. Wanting to share their own responsibilities but not so willing to share responsibilities normally meant for the man.
The other day Chimamanda Adichie went out attacking Hillary Clinton for using the title Wife first in her twitter bio. We africans are the problems of ourselves. We know nothing and we act like we know something. U dey go correct white woman for her own country
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Nobody: 11:47am On May 27, 2018
U lot dont even know what feminism means. The average nigerian man is insecure grin. That is why most would not marry ladies in thier office doing well and getting promoted. They prefer Amara wey dey 400l or about to go for NYSC because they can control her without objection grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Jentle244: 11:51am On May 27, 2018
All these ladies that claim to be feminists oya come and defend yourselves
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Dami12345: 12:06pm On May 27, 2018
yeyerolling:
U lot dont even know what feminism means. The average nigerian man is insecure grin. That is why most would not marry ladies in thier office doing well and getting promoted. They prefer Amara wey dey 400l or about to go for NYSC because they can control her without objection grin

And what would you prefer, would you prefer the babe that gives you rest of mind or the office ashawo?? undecided
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 27, 2018
Mumu! See your mentality. grin So just because the woman is white, someone can't correct her in her home country? Inferiority complex!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by kazyhm(m): 1:10pm On May 27, 2018
yeyerolling:

lol.......those that keeps you wondering how they get unmerited stuff in the office ?
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by ImaIma1(f): 5:06pm On May 27, 2018
Dami12345:

And what would you prefer, would you prefer the babe that gives you rest of mind or the office ashawo?? undecided

Why do people always conclude on stuffs like this. "Office ashawo". It is very common. Just like i heard the rumour then that i was sleeping with my BM. From that day, i stopped listening to stupid rumours and assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Dami12345: 5:20pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

Why do people always conclude on stuffs like this. "Office ashawo". It is very common. Just like i heard the rumour then that i was sleeping with my BM. From that day, i stopped listening to stupid rumours and assumptions.

No offense lady, most girls in any business are like that, you might just be the exception rather than the rule.
Hence the generalization.
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by ImaIma1(f): 5:35pm On May 27, 2018
Dami12345:

No offense lady, most girls in any business are like that, you might just be the exception rather than the rule.
Hence the generalization.

There are so many exceptions. In fact the ones who sleep around in the office are fewer than the ones who don't.

It is not always what it seems. Just because my BM used to drop me at my bus stop, they assumed since i was entering his car, i was going home with him. Married man for that matter.

And when he had a accident and the shock made him unable to drive, i used to drop him off too. People just like to see things in a twisted manner.

When i heard the rumour, i didn't even bother to shut it down. I just allowed them to keep it alive.
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Dami12345: 5:37pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

There are so many exceptions. In fact the ones who sleep around in the office are fewer than the ones who don't.

It is not always what it seems. Just because my BM used to drop me at my bus stop, they assumed since i was entering his car, i was going home with him. Married man for that matter.

And when he had a accident and the shock made him unable to drive, i used to drop him off too. People just like to see things in a twisted manner.

When i heard the rumour, i didn't even bother to shut it down. I just allowed them to keep it alive.

Wow, seems like your really the exception.
Kudos to you.
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by iamJ(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2018
I blame u, when u argue feminism with Nairaland girls that haven't bathed

How will u not misunderstand it
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by N0favors: 5:53pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

Ima, how would you know they are few? Have you carried out any research on this? Have you got statistical data to prove this?

My dear you can only speak for you
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 27, 2018
k
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by ImaIma1(f): 6:14pm On May 27, 2018
N0favors:
Ima, how would you know they are few? Have you carried out any research on this? Have you got statistical data to prove this?

My dear you can only speak for you

How do people know that they are many? Have you asked if they have carried the statistics? It is always easier to believe the worst.
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by N0favors: 6:18pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

How do people know that they are many? Have you asked if they have carried the statistics? It is always easier to believe the worst.
I'd have asked op same question. But then, he's a dude, he must have pulled out the conclusion from his experience with females in his place of work.

It's different with you, you're a lady and wouldn't even have a clue if another lady in your place of work is 'h0eing'. Trust me
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by andray12(m): 6:43pm On May 27, 2018
na only for social media i dey see feminist ooh,i never see one for real life na my observation sha

1 Like

Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 27, 2018
andray12:
na only for social media i dey see feminist ooh,i never see one for real life na my observation sha
Offline they are non-existent

1 Like

Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by andray12(m): 6:49pm On May 27, 2018
Asowari:
Offline they are non-existant
God go bless u for dat statement

1 Like

Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 27, 2018
Why am I not bothered abt Feminism as regards to Nigeria context.
Guys, to me there's nothing to worry about here. If I date a lady and finds her perception incompatible with mine, I'd let her go.
However, if I marry a lady and observe her perception, actions and inactions towards Feminism is awful, I'd use a Lawyer.
Finally, if a wife claims she's equal to the Man, I will only take her serious when she picks up the Man's responsibilities and deliver good results. But until then, Let the Feminist shut the Bleep up and be humble, it pays.

1 Like

Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 27, 2018
Lolssss...
OP is it by force?

Don't be deceived by angry ladies with their skewed concept of feminism o, the main idea behind feminism is beautiful but as usual our people (some Nigerian ladies who had heart break) always take a beautiful concept and use it wrongly because of what they went through.

I'm talking about those Nigerian ladies who wants equality without responsibility (they want a guy to foot all bios but also wants to be a co partner).

I used to think that feminism is bad (the unknown factor), I misunderstood it because of how some people have taken it to a very negative angle in Nigeria until I got to know the main idea behind it.

Feminism will even help guys spend less, suffer less and all but we are too in a hurry to know as guys because we feel it is a threat which is not.

If u marry a real feminist, u will enjoy it because she's ready to share responsibilities. No wonder Chimamanda is till in her husband's home today despite her message.

1 Like

Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by muonelo007(m): 12:44am On May 28, 2018
1st of all Men dont pay DOWRY, dowry is what(gift) a woman gives to her new husband or in some custom where women do the marital rights instead of the man(learn this)
Feminism is not all about cooking ans sharing house duties or bride price , feminism deals with; from denying her education cos she female, asking a girl to sleep with u to get a job/scholarship/role etc. Denying her rightful rights' to her properties just because she's now ur wife and the list goes on!
Re: Ladies This Feminism Nonsense Must Stop. by front2line: 6:44am On May 28, 2018
kimbraa:
Mumu! See your mentality. grin So just because the woman is white, someone can't correct her in her home country? Inferiority complex!

Mechonu! What does Adichie as in her head to be correcting someone else ? Bcoz she wrote a fantasy book you Igbos are excited about or what?

(1) (Reply)

Women Are Evil! / God Has Not Reserved A Particular Man For You As Your Husband / Nigerian Lady Reveals That Her Ex-boyfriend Still Sends Her Monthly Allowance:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.