Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! - Phones (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! (200432 Views)

Mtn Users Get In / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Youngpo413: 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
yeman1:

D machine still dey oh,,, but the cons of that phone is that d ram and d rom is small... But d phone refused to die. I charged it to 93% and I started using it from 7am till 10pm , the bat3 still has 25% and I didn't allowed d screen to put off.. always on ... I just want to check d durability of d phone.. my brother ,, I just give up,, and I went to my bed jeje. D phone na beast for battery
is it brand new?how much did you buy?
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by yeman1(m): 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
Youngpo413:
is it brand new?how much did you buy?

used one.. 18k
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
Phone Engineers in the house;
My Nokia1 is not switching on. I have taken it to 3 phone engineers who all say nothing could be done and data cannot be recovered.
The phone was working but was tending to overheat, then suddenly stopped charging and switching.
I had just fixed its charging point a week or so earlier after the previous one was damaged by heat from the overheating.
Even fully charged battery can not make the phone switch on.
1. Is it fixable?
2. If not fixable, can my data (contacts, files etc) be recovered?
please give your advice and or tips no matter how Small.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
GenBuhari:
My Nokia1 is not switching on. I have taken it to 3 phone engineers who all say nothing could be done and data cannot be recovered.
The phone was working but was tending to overheat, then suddenly stopped charging and switching.
I had just fixed its charging point a week or so earlier after the previous one was damaged by heat from the overheating.
1. Is it fixable?
Your contacts automatically backs itself up on your Gmail account. Unless you disabled that feature, it's backed up
Same with your pictures and videos. So get another phone, sign in your Gmail account and watch as your files get back.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
Bright12660:

Your contacts automatically backs itself up on your Gmail account. Unless you disabled that feature, it's backed up
Same with your pictures and videos. So get another phone, sign in your Gmail account and watch as your files get back.
Is the phone fixable?
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2020
GenBuhari:
1. Is it fixable?
Please can somebody tell me whether the phone is fixable
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by vhuqnl(m): 8:24am On Jul 11, 2020
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Blunt4: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
That beast is now 38k on Konga.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Blunt4: 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
Can someone confirm this dates on his Nokia x5/5.1 plus

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Maxta001: 12:25am On Jul 13, 2020
rekeson:

My Nokia 6.1 plus global version is now officially a year and 2 days old.

This device has performed optimally for the past 12 months.

The phone is so fast and responsive; all thanks to the 6gb ram.

Not to mention the steady OTA updates of both the OS and security patches.

The charging port did however became slightly loosened and shaky. All I did was pad it a little with paper and boom good as new. Still charges fast at a 70% fast charge rate.

Nokia sure makes durable devices.

Please how did you go about padding Ur Device's charging port, Having similar issue here
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 1:30am On Jul 13, 2020
rekeson:

My Nokia 6.1 plus global version is now officially a year and 2 days old.

This device has performed optimally for the past 12 months.

The phone is so fast and responsive; all thanks to the 6gb ram.

Not to mention the steady OTA updates of both the OS and security patches.

The charging port did however became slightly loosened and shaky. All I did was pad it a little with paper and boom good as new. Still charges fast at a 70% fast charge rate.

Nokia sure makes durable devices.
Please, can you show a picture as example
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Kamaye(m): 6:26am On Jul 13, 2020
Blunt4:
That beast is now 38k on Konga.
which one is the beast?

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2020
Kamaye:
which one is the beast?
Nokia 5.1 plus is
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by rekeson: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
Bright12660:

Please, can you show a picture as example

Sorry the picture quality is very poor because I am using mirror reflection since I don't have any other phone at hand at the moment to take a photo of the padded charging port.

Cut paper tape according to the wideness of ur charging. Cut 4 tapes in total. Make sure they are long enough to go into ur charging port and still be enough to gum to the back of ur device.

Now gum the tapes one after the other to the bottom floor of ur charging port. Gum the 4 tapes one after the other on top of each other.

What this does is to fill up the space in ur charging port which is making the charging cable not to make enough contact with ur charging pins.

5 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Blunt4: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
Who is on Android 10 with Nokia 5.1 plus?
What is your security patch information and so on?
You can screen shot and post it, let understand if Nokia is pushing two different patches to us.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Osasnidas(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Blunt4:
Who is on Android 10 with Nokia 5.1 plus?
What is your security patch information and so on?
You can screen shot and post it, let understand if Nokia is pushing two different patches to us.

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
rekeson:

Sorry the picture quality is very poor because I am using mirror reflection since I don't have any other phone at hand at the moment to take a photo of the padded charging port.

Cut paper tape according to the wideness of ur charging. Cut 4 tapes in total. Make sure they are long enough to go into ur charging port and still be enough to gum to the back of ur device.

Now gum the tapes one after the other to the bottom floor of ur charging port. Gum the 4 tapes one after the other on top of each other.

What this does is to fill up the space in ur charging port which is making the charging cable not to make enough contact with ur charging pins.
Thanks very much for the info. Tried and it's working

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Blunt4: 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2020
Try with this

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mystiq25(m): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2020
Any Nokia C2 user here please? I want a quick review battery and camera before I buy.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by rekeson: 8:15am On Jul 14, 2020
Bright12660:
Thanks very much for the info. Tried and it's working
I am glad I was able to help.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Redpanter(m): 10:09am On Jul 14, 2020
Best price:
Nokia 7.1 4gb 64gb -

Pay on delivery
Fast Express delivery

Contact on WhatsApp: click here or call 2348127838587 to order

kiss kiss
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by eesdee: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2020
Who has Lumia phones for sale ? Contact me on 07086155590
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Redpanter(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
Best price:
Nokia 6.1 plus 4gb 64gb -
With a year warranty

Nokia 5.1 plus -
With 1 year warranty

Pay on delivery
Fast Express delivery

Contact on WhatsApp: click here or call 2348127838587 to order

kiss kiss
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Blunt4: 12:12am On Jul 18, 2020
Is anyone having this Facebook notification problem with his or her Nokia 5.1 plus with Android 10?
Please help is needed cause I can't get notification unless I open Facebook and refresh it.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Osasnidas(m): 6:32am On Jul 18, 2020
Blunt4:
Is anyone having this Facebook notification problem with his or her Nokia 5.1 plus with Android 10?
Please help is needed cause I can't get notification unless I open Facebook and refresh it.
3rd party notification problem seems to be a thing in A10.. I use the lite version, i haven't noticed such.. i hope they fix It their MR patch
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by mofy1(f): 10:54am On Jul 18, 2020
Why can't I save photo on my phone,no gallery. I will have to go through file and even if I check the picture will not be there.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Osasnidas(m): 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
mofy1:
Why can't I save photo on my phone,no gallery. I will have to go through file and even if I check the picture will not be there.
You didn't say your device....
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Blunt4: 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
If you are still finding it hard getting pop notification of 3rd party apps on your Android 10 smartphone?
All you do is go into settings>battery>look for app optimization. That's it select for example Facebook and tell it not optimize. With that Facebook can be running in the background instead of going to sleep. But the downside is that the app will start to drain your battery and eat up your ram memory.
Now I did my homework and I figure between FB and FB messenger which is more of a glutton. FB messenger is more friendly now just ignore the initial setup and then always leave your FB messenger minimized. With this any FB notification will enter without delay. Drop your reviews on the one you chose to do that works for you.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Drizzle007(m): 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
I just paid for a Nokia 5.1plus for 43k. I want to know if I'll start with an Android 10 update or I'll have to pass through all previous software updates.
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by obination: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
Please guys...how good is the nokia 5.1 d 3gigs ram version good, in pubg mobile...I need to know b4 buying

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (127) (Reply)

Prices Of Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria / 10 Types Of Smartphone Displays, Touchscreens / LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.