Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women (53547 Views)

Banky W Reacts To Wizkid’s Absence At His Wedding To Adesua Etomi / Banky W Reacts To Sucide On 3rd Mainland Bridge By Lady Who Parked SUV & Jumped / Banky W Reacts To Ebuka's Agbada: "We Are Ready For You At The White Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Sanchez01: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
CaptainGOOD:
Banky big head shut up pls..
She is only airing her opinion based on the questions asked to her.
Its not like she is telling people not to open doors for women.
Dont u know what interview is? undecided

Stop sounding like common afonja nairaland illiterate biko
There are certain opinions that are regarded as dangerous, particularly when you force it on others, as seen in the video where she soundly bullied Hillary Clinton into changing her bio.

Chimamanda seems to come from an oppressive home. I guess it defines her angst concerning men and having difficulties in understanding niceties.

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by alsudaes1(m): 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
Gurusarenna:
feminists agenda, something I never understands..
abeg who get live streaming link wey I fit watch Ghana vs Iceland make I see their game play.. lipsrsealed
Our neighbors Ghana don dey chop food o
2-0 down
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Divay22(f): 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
safarigirl:
The opening of the doors is fine, my own is that why do men think they have exclusive right to the edge of the seat?

When you want to enter a car, they would want to seat by the window and push you inside
Some will ever come down for you to enter..
Now that kidnapping is on the high side, i don't agree to it anymore o.. If you pressure me too much i simply close the door to the car and move on to the next.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Sanchez01: 10:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
safarigirl:
The opening of the doors is fine, my own is that why do men think they have exclusive right to the edge of the seat?

When you want to enter a car, they would want to seat by the window and push you inside
It is an unconscious act of protection, trust me. While you are jostling for the air by the window, a male feels more comfortable acting as the shield. It's the same way a man would prefer to be on the direct side of the road facing oncoming vehicles and you on the side he considers safe. Chivalry is not dead as most assume. The problem is that some acts go unexplained, leaving you to wonder why it has become a norm.

5 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Xander85: 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
AZeD1:

Can you point to any link/text where she said the word "wife" is derogatory?

Don't mind them. It's the usual feeding frenzy when anything concerning Chimamanda is the topic!

See the fool you're quoting taking what she said out of context. Basically just trying to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it!

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by AZeD1(m): 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
Xander85:

Don't mind them. It's the usual feeding frenzy when anything concerning Chimamanda is the topic!

See the fool you're quoting taking what she said out of context. Basically just trying to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it!
I am giving him the benefit of doubt that's why I asked for a link.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
safarigirl:
na you know, maybe your own motive is to feel ass.

I no get yansh, so that onr nrvrr comes to my mind, besides, can someone feel your ass while seating in a car? No!

Me, I feel like I'm getting crushed. I like seating at the edge, it's the only place where I am sure, I will not be squeezed. So, it pisses me off when someone decides to shove me inside a car filled with people

U still feel that way even if u seat in between skinny pple? Maybe u are a little claustrophobic.......

between I don't think it's a guy thing to want to sit at the edge all the time...it's a Nigerian elderly pples thing..
They just feel because they are older..u can't expect them to go in even if u came to park before them..
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Rapoo(m): 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
Stormborn86:

Your wife is extremely lucky to have you. undecided

it will be proper if you say YOUR WIFE WILL BE EXTREMELY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU considering the fact that I'm not married yet.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Dareal90s(m): 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
safarigirl:
oshe Superman!
Ko to Ope ma shocked
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by ToyinDipo(m): 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
She looks like a male wrestler anyway

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Elxandre(m): 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
safarigirl:

But can shift closer to the other window na grin
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by stixxx: 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
safarigirl:

to keep u safe
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Naijazeus: 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
Dareal90s:
This big pig, is Banky saying u shldnt air ur opinion? Banky is also airing his so no fight, unintelligent fellow.

Did you noticed that nobody dignify the stupid osu pig with a reply. If you ask the mumu, he also doesn't know what question was asked but here is he advertising his parochialism.

The truth is that Adichie spoke as a feminist, no matter the question asked.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Deliria: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
She's just used to hard life and maybe, "turn down"���
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by sugarbeesmith(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
safarigirl:

When you want to enter a car, they would want to seat by window and push you inside
we love the edge nau
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by DeBrain045(m): 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
missyadorable:
Why would a man hold a car door for me when I have hands and they are free?
Nigerian man and public display of care and affection is equal to trouble inside the house.

Their is nothing wrong with a man holding the door for a woman its part or respect and it is not only nigeria men it is global.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by DeBrain045(m): 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
missyadorable:
Why would a man hold a car door for me when I have hands and they are free?
Nigerian man and public display of care and affection is equal to trouble inside the house.

May be a man has not hold the door for this lady grin
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by safarigirl(f): 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
wildimagination:

U still feel that way even if u seat in between skinny pple? Maybe u are a little claustrophobic.......

between I don't think it's a guy thing to want to sit at the edge all the time...it's a Nigerian elderly pples thing..
They just feel because they are older..u can't expect them to go in even if u came to park before them..
elderly people do it, but guys do it too, with ladies. Even inside Keke dem wan sit for edge.

It is rare to find two skinny guys in public transport. Plus, I'm a tiny person, so, I am more often than not, squeezed in cars when I'm between people
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
IamD18:
I stand with Chimamanda on this.

Men should stop worshiping women to claim gentleman.

Iti s not worship it is a signof affection and appreciation.
There is this arab saying which goes:
if you see a man opening the door of a car for a lady know that the car is new or the wife is new.
People hould ell Chimamada Adichie to take a sit and stop foolingher self.
I am wondering which day fiction writers started speaking as intellectuals in the field of human relation.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
Is it that people are naturally dumb or they are beneath the field of learning? Why is such a simple statement be a source of confusion?

Simple. Feminism is about equal rights based on anatomic and physiological functions and not the glorification of any particular gender.

Some persons speak about confusion but I think they are the confused ones. Hers is the finest show of feminism you can find out there.

Others say she is a feminist but married because she needs man and you wonder if it is cotton wool that exists there for grey matter. Isn't equity to bane of feminism?

Here comes this big headed dude talking as though she asked anyone to stop opening doors for their partner. She's simply saying that whatever is good should be well spread.

No gender deserves exclusive right to any source of happiness that can be gotten by both genders. No gender is more important than the other. Why are people refusing to think?

Think. Open your minds. There is no divine providence behind making men head of any house. A dunce shouldn't lead anyone until he has learned to lead himself.

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by CaptainGOOD: 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
Dareal90s:
This big pig, is Banky saying u shldnt air ur opinion? Banky is also airing his so no fight, unintelligent fellow.

Vulture pls read my post again
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Geofavor(m): 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
TheUbermensch:
21st Century Feminism is just glorified madness . It's a belief in equal rights without equal responsibilities.

Chimamanda Ngozi-Adichie, though a very intelligent woman, might not be so smart as she has made some very stupid statement in recent times that puts her sanity at question.
You are sensible. You nailed it with that statement.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Dareal90s(m): 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Vulture pls read my post again
Accept d fact that u ar unintelligent, go back nd read ur post urself.

oh! someone who is not intelligent can't even understand what he posted, u ar doomed.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
Sanchez01:

There are certain opinions that are regarded as dangerous, particularly when you force it on others, as seen in the video where she soundly bullied Hillary Clinton into changing her bio.

Chimamanda seems to come from an oppressive home. I guess it defines her angst concerning men and having difficulties in understanding niceties.
Sounds like Bullshit to me. What is wrong with being angry about the male chauvinism in this wicked world? How did a simply plea for clarification amount to bullying? How does questioning the illogical glorification of men showcase a child from an oppressive home? Honestly, if there is anyone who is oppressed, intellectually, morally and mentally, I think it is the majority of Nigerians who have bought into the matriarchal narrative. Once you free yourself from that, and understand what love ought do, you'd see with her eyes.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by ShawtCake(f): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
I'm not a fan of feminism!
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by chendstone01(m): 10:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
Lady Fela Kuti If you call am woman African woman no go 'gree She go say, she go say, "I be lady, oh"
She go say, "I be lady, oh"
She go say, "I be lady" She go say, "I no be woman" She go say, "Market woman na woman" She go say, "I be lady"
I want tell you about lady I want tell you about lady I want tell you about lady
She go say him equal to man She go say him get power like man She go say anything man do himself fit do
I never tell you finish I never tell you finish I never tell you finish I never tell you finish I never tell you
She go want take cigar before anybody She go want make you open door for am She go want make man wash plate For am, for kitchen
She want salute man She go, sit down for chair She want salute man She go, sit down for chair
She want sit down For table before anybody She want sit down For table before anybody
She want a piece of meat Before anybody She want a piece of meat Before anybody
Call am for dance She go dance lady dance Call am for dance She go dance lady dance
African woman go dance She go dance the fire dance African woman go dance She go dance the fire dance
She know him man na master She go cook for am She go do anything he say
But lady, no be so But lady, no be so But lady, no be so But lady, no be so
Lady na master Lady na master
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
safarigirl:
elderly people do it, but guys do it too, with ladies. Even inside Keke dem wan sit for edge.

It is rare to find two skinny guys in public transport. Plus, I'm a tiny person, so, I am more often than not, squeezed in cars when I'm between people

Even inside keke got me cracking...lol

mehn!!! U are a queen of crowded public transport..... Maybe u should adopt Uber....u don't have to get it tiny body squeezed that way

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by clemz85(m): 10:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
When mature people writes @banky

Quantum gracias!
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by CaptainGOOD: 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
Dareal90s:

Accept d fact that u ar unintelligent, go back nd read ur post urself.
oh! someone who is not intelligent can't even understand what he posted, u ar doomed.

Lol the only thing I can accept is that... ur depleted cranium lacks the ability to decipher simple write up cry
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
ShawtCake:
I'm not a fan of feminism!
That's probably because you don't understand it. If you do and shed off those ingrained mental prisons culture leaves around, you'd know better.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Dareal90s(m): 10:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Lol the only thing I can accept is that... ur depleted cranium lacks the ability to decipher simple write up cry
I don't argue with dull people, go to school u won't go, our oyel our oyel, that's d effect on ur miserable life.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by safarigirl(f): 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
wildimagination:

Even inside keke got me cracking...lol

mehn!!! U are a queen of crowded public transport..... Maybe u should adopt Uber....u don't have to get it tiny body squeezed that way
Uber no dey reach the places wey I dey enter, even if per adventure, I get free 1,500 wey I no wan use

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Josephine Nwaghanata: My Boobs Are My Selling Point / Photos From The Burial Of Tagbo Umeike In Anambra State / Before & After Photos Of Our Beloved 5kbae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.