Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women (53526 Views)

Banky W Reacts To Wizkid’s Absence At His Wedding To Adesua Etomi / Banky W Reacts To Sucide On 3rd Mainland Bridge By Lady Who Parked SUV & Jumped / Banky W Reacts To Ebuka's Agbada: "We Are Ready For You At The White Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Dipwater(m): 6:47am On Jun 08, 2018
I just finished watching the vid now .I am dissapointed at banky and how a lot of naija pips reason.

Y'all should watch the vid b4 commenting .she made a valid point and am with her on this one.

No wonder the country is in a mess.people hate what they dont understand

3 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 08, 2018
Bolustical:
Is it only me that is having the feeling that Chimamanda is riding on the back of feminism in order to keep trending?

No you're not the only one. Her cup will soon full.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by VanBommel(m): 6:57am On Jun 08, 2018
Gurusarenna:
feminists agenda, something I never understands..
abeg who get live streaming link wey I fit watch Ghana vs Iceland make I see their game play.. lipsrsealed
download mobdro app
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Xisnin(m): 7:26am On Jun 08, 2018
Rapoo:
I think the only time I can hold the door for my wife is when she's pregnant. I keep saying this that public display of affection is not being romantic or caring.

I support her on this one. even those criticizing her have not been since doing those things for wives/girlfriends.
She said women not necessarily wives.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Xisnin(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2018
ShawtCake:
The same set of people that goes around saying; men are scum.. Bla Bla Bla.. Are the pathetic Ddick worshippers!
You are so dumb. There is more to life than D icks.

2 Likes

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by charain: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2018
ShawtCake:
For Fvck sakes leave me alone o! Ah.. I'm not interested in explaining the whys and hows of my views to you! I'm not a blockhead, Im atheist.. So, stop saying shit like u even know me. PS: don't let thunder fire you, don't tag me niccur.
Atheist I know are smart and intelligent. They don't argue like agberos.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:35am On Jun 08, 2018
She has lost it completely
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by ocelot2006(m): 7:36am On Jun 08, 2018
Rapoo:
I think the only time I can hold the door for my wife is when she's pregnant. I keep saying this that public display of affection is not being romantic or caring.

I support her on this one. even those criticizing her have not been since doing those things for wives/girlfriends.

Yet we still get criticized for not showing enough PDA to our women. What the hell do women want?
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by SACI: 7:49am On Jun 08, 2018
Jabarzee:
Chimamanda needs a dick in her life
bih, she has a dick in her life
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by ElsonMorali: 8:08am On Jun 08, 2018
safarigirl:
I'm talking of when the other window has been occupied by another male entity

You go stop car finish, instead make the guy wey dey inside shift, he will come out so that you will enter the middle. Why can't he shift?

How else can he protect Your Ladyship from assasins if he doesn't block you from potential bullet spray? embarassed

Give credit to us men jawe. Aren't we trying. Tomorrow now, you will come and say Nigerian men are not romantic.

How else can we be more romantic than to catch a bullet for you.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by bizzibodi(m): 8:11am On Jun 08, 2018
safarigirl:
The opening of the doors is fine, my own is that why do men think they have exclusive right to the edge of the seat?

When you want to enter a car, they would want to seat by the window and push you inside
U are more safer inside,cardoor can suddenly open & fatally eject u.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by jbtobsyn(m): 8:18am On Jun 08, 2018
damilare96:
The woman get problem
I am sure the reason why Hilary Clinton did not want to tell her that she has the right to do as she please is because she didn't want to be seen as a racist.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Coldfeets: 8:19am On Jun 08, 2018
UjuJoan2:

My sister the thing no taya you? In church nko? Even when you're the first to secure the seat on the row and get the edge of the seat, they just displace you as if it's their birthright. Just because they are the man and therefore the head of the family and therefore must enjoy all the benefits!

One time I was in a public transport and was seated at the edge. One yeye man came to board and 'ordered' me to moves to the middle so he could take the edge seat. Of course I refused. The man shouted and shouted and the most annoying part was that the other passengers supported him. I just ignored them and brought out my earpiece that blocked my ears. In the end the man did not board the vehicle again because of that. I received the insult of my life that day. Some said I'll never get married with my attitude, some said I had no home training bla bla bla. Because of the edge of a seat that I legally secured? Nawa!

We need a radical opinion to change people's thinking. I'm with Chimamanda and her 'ridiculous' comments on this, 100 percent.

How many years ago did that happen?

Are you married now? tongue

You see... grin
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by hustla(m): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2018
safarigirl:
The opening of the doors is fine, my own is that why do men think they have exclusive right to the edge of the seat?

When you want to enter a car, they would want to seat by the window and push you inside

When thieves come and they ask for the man of the house, just step forward since you people like trouble where there is none

It's getting down right ridiculous and this Chi whatever girl needs to sit down and stfu
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Badmusbahcube(m): 8:26am On Jun 08, 2018
CaptainGOOD:
Banky big head shut up pls..
She is only airing her opinion based on the questions asked to her.
Its not like she is telling people not to open doors for women.
Dont u know what interview is? undecided
If she said otherwise u people will still start crying "FEMINIST"

Stop sounding like common afonja nairaland illiterate biko
[color=#000000][/color]
Lol, this looks really bittered. She was only airing her view, Banky was only airing his view too, he even mentioned that it's her opinion. Why go all bitter and abusive on something as clear as this.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by RedboneSmith(m): 8:27am On Jun 08, 2018
Chivalry is rooted in the idea that women are weak and need protecting. That is a fact. That is its history. The fact that you are not aware of that history and believe you do it for a different reason does not change that fact.

1 Like

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by geosegun(m): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2018
safarigirl:

Because they probably want you feel secured and protected.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by CaptainGOOD: 8:34am On Jun 08, 2018
Badmusbahcube:
[color=#000000][/color]
Lol, this looks really bittered. She was only airing her view, Banky was only airing his view too, he even mentioned that it's her opinion. Why go all bitter and abusive on something as clear as this.
Well I will reply u politely unlike other fools. Because u sounded more sensible then them.

He(banky)used the wrong words.. Trying to mock the lady then later he was like "nobody should tell me how to live my life"
As if chimamada ordered him to stop doing it.
The lady was only saying u should open car for anybody irrespective on gender and I blive she was only answering a question she was asked concerning the issue. Not like she came out and start preaching it.
Banky should be smarter than this.

If she(chimamanda) had said "all men should be opening door for women" I'm sure u all will be flooding this topic with "feminist" and start insulting her.
Now shez trying to avoid that yet y'all are a complaining. WTF. undecided
I wish I have verified IG account... Nigeria youths are so dumb and naive needs to be lectured. They always follow the crowed not minding if the crowd are wrong
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Neoteny(m): 8:35am On Jun 08, 2018
UjuJoan2:

Are you an animal? Must you settle disputes through violence? Even to fight your fellow man is not acceptable.

Again objecticifying anyone is disrespectful and wrong, men or women!

Nobody asked you to propose on one knee. My husband didn't and we're going on eight years now.

Nobody said women are equal in strength, but the we are no fragile and breakable, neither are we kids. So don't treat is like that.

It's okay to despise her, she doesn't even know of your existence!

Oh you've a husband?

You finally deceived and manipulated some poor loser into marrying you after years of sleeping around just to make ends meet?

Poor guy. I'm sure he doesn't realize you've infected him with more diseases than known to man.

Stupid useless smelly ugly disgusting dirty biitch.

Fukk you and all your kids, including the ones you aborted.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by bettercreature(m): 8:36am On Jun 08, 2018
Village people are after her she is destroying her legacy losing fan every day .
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Rapoo(m): 9:09am On Jun 08, 2018
ocelot2006:

Yet we still get criticized for not showing enough PDA to our women. What the hell do women want?

the only way out is, do the ones best suits you but let it be upright
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Dareal90s(m): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Now he is talking off point just as expected
TYPICAL AFONJA
If ur brain is functional you will knw am still on d matter of how dull u are, go nd do ur bunkery u don't belong here.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by CaptainGOOD: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2018
Dareal90s:

[s]If ur brain is functional you will knw am still on d matter of how dull u are, go nd do ur bunkery u don't belong here[/s].

Sharaaaaap!
Yahoo boy how many poo u don chop this month. undecided
This is they typical afonja illiterate I talked about on the first page
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by kpaofame: 9:37am On Jun 08, 2018
safarigirl:

Self preservation grin grin grin so they can escape easily incase of a mishap grin grin
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2018
safarigirl:

LOL
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 9:44am On Jun 08, 2018
Gggg102:
People just choose to misinterpret what she said.

Most Nigerians would understand it better if her example was centred on money.
E.g: "I feel uncomfortable when men pay on dates because they feel women need men to pay on dates. Women are perfectly capable of paying on dates themselves. The only reason why a man should pay on a date is because he wants to not because he feels women cannot pay themselves."

She does not want to be those feminists that claim independent but still want men to do things for them and demand special treatment.
#bestcommentever
I thought men will support her on this sef.... Surprised to see someone write about how feminist want equal right but not equal responsibility on this post that is actually saying the opposite.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Gggg102(m): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2018
JoyceMeyersFan:

#bestcommentever
I thought men will support her on this sef.... Surprised to see someone write about how feminist want equal right but not equal responsibility on this post that is actually saying the opposite.

It's actually funny. Antifeminists are against feminism because feminist want to be treated equally and still be treated specially.

Chimammanda tries to stop the hypocrisy by speaking against special treatment but she still got bashed by the same people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by mylifeisagift(m): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2018
Sanchez01:

It is an unconscious act of protection, trust me. While you are jostling for the air by the window, a male feels more comfortable acting as the shield. It's the same way a man would prefer to be on the direct side of the road facing oncoming vehicles and you on the side he considers safe. Chivalry is not dead as most assume. The problem is that some acts go unexplained, leaving you to wonder why it has become a norm.
pay no attention to these senseless feminists jare..
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by UjuJoan2: 10:09am On Jun 08, 2018
Neoteny:

Oh you've a husband?

You finally deceived and manipulated some poor loser into marrying you after years of sleeping around just to make ends meet?

Poor guy. I'm sure he doesn't realize you've infected him with more diseases than known to man.

Stupid useless smelly ugly disgusting dirty biitch.

Fukk you and all your kids, including the ones you aborted.

Your father is a wretched waste of a life to have brought a Cretin like you into this world.

Your generation will end with you, if there's anything like Justice in this world.

Ewu Awusa!
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by Neoteny(m): 10:13am On Jun 08, 2018
UjuJoan2:

Your father is a wretched waste of a life to have brought a Cretin like you into this world.

Your generation will end with you, if there's anything Justice in this world.

Ewu Awusa!

Hehe the big fat pr0stitute is pained!

Good. Next time learn to.mind your business.

I'm sure your daughters will take after the family wh0re business, just like you took after your fat, diseased, rheuymy-eyed, diabetic mother.

And hope your father's liver disease kills him soon enough so he'll stop fukking his granddaughters when you're out at night selling your scabrous body cheap to keep food on the rickety old table in your single room derelict you call home.
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by UjuJoan2: 10:15am On Jun 08, 2018
Neoteny:

I'm sure your daughters will take after the family wh0re business, just like you took after your fat, diseased, rheuymy-eyed, diabetic mother.

And hope your father's liver disease kills him soon enough so he'll stop fukking his granddaughters when you're out at night selling your scabrous body cheap to keep food on the rickety old table in your single room derelict you call home.

IF I say you people should make money you will refuse. Yeye wretched generation, looking for people to dash them money on Nairalad.

Poverty is a crime, you are here exchanging words with people when your mates are making money. Tomowwor you will want a girl to pity you and marry your broke a55 . . . May that d**k of yours shrink and die to end the curse that is your generation!
Re: Banky W Reacts To Chimamanda Adichie's Comment On Men Holding The Door For Women by UjuJoan2: 10:22am On Jun 08, 2018
Neoteny:

You want to use me to shine abi? You chose the wrong person . . . I'll furstrate you out of this Nld.

Olodo, you think throwing words around makes you a man? Your brain is too dense to understand what it even takes to be a human being. You life is already a waste, spare us all the stress and take a gun to your brain.

I pity the f00l who will eventually marry you, she must have done something seriously wrong to be so unlucky. She will gnash her teeth and bite her fingers forever because of that.

You think your weak erection will birng you children? You can only produce goats and chickens and your offspring will be an abomination to this world.

Cretinous cretin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zinoleesky Deletes Marlian Label From His Bio, Replaces With Zinonymous Sounds / Ese Eriata Fumbles On The Meaning Of B.Sc On International TV (Video) / Davido Caught Buying Fake Views On Youtube To Boost His New Song 'Wonder Woman'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.