Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! (62660 Views)

Businessman Raises Alarm Over A New Scam In Town (video) / Mimi, A Popular Tiktoker Dies After Boyfriend Allegedly Used Her For Rituals / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by abokikhalifa: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Very old format...... I was almost a victim about 26 years ago at ojuelegba......

Same here at ojuelegba
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Auladimeji(m): 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
Adegbenro7643:
Most of their preys are the covetous. Even when I am freely offered # by those fraudulent people, my look is always enough to scare them away.
One guy be like, "weytin na,,.,,u suppose talk say u no want, why such face?"

Talk ko, speak in tongues ni,,,,make I talk & jejely b his mumugrin
ahahahah Awon James Bond

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Bioboy1213(m): 5:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
Jasen1:

Wey that madam Philomena

They plenty for Abuja

I've encountered them twice berga and jabi

They scammed my cousin sister 25k
you are right, experience the same at airport junction close to Efab estate, though I didn't loose a penny bt my journey to Kwara state was delayed that very day.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by seunmsg(m): 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
adedayoa2:
It happened to me o, in mile 2. That should be 2001

Eeyah, so you still be omo ote for 2001? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
abokikhalifa:

Same here at ojuelegba

Did you almost fall into their trap?
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by hope4nigeria(m): 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
FORMAT 4, Someone will just call you on phone and claim he's your account officer that CBN Has blocked your ATM, release your BVN & PIN, all your money is gone
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by adedayoa2(f): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
seunmsg:

Eeyah, so you still be omo ote for 2001? grin grin grin
I too naive that time, chai
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by abokikhalifa: 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Did you almost fall into their trap?

I almost fell but realised it was a scam game when the guy offered to give me IPAD and IPHONE. This was like 2013. Who the F gives you free iPhone and IPAD in Lagos State?
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by MTKbudapest(m): 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nice one there... But I will never fall a victim. As omo Ibo...
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by RexTramadol1: 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
Chai Dem really scam me dat year

But Na my pityful personality cos am

I wan epp the person Wey be JJC not knowing he's gon scam me real bad

Since then, to curry my favour on the road...... You need Indian charm.

3 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by ACE1010: 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
ANYWAY THIS IS MY COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA WHERE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.... BUT TRUST ME, SOME IDIOT AND GULLIBLE NIGERIANS WILL STILL FALL FOR THIS TRICK AFTER READING IT HERE... grin cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by lawboss: 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
lifestyle1:
Old trick..

If you are greedy you will definitely fall for this.

God bless you.... You can never fall for 419 if you ain't greedy in the first place people. Lett's learn pls. 419 guys feeds on ur greed. Drops pen.

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by ACE1010: 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
RexTramadol1:
Chai Dem really scam me dat year

But Na my pityful personality cos am

I wan epp the person Wey be JJC not knowing he's gon scam me real bad

Since then, to curry my favour on the road...... You need Indian charm.

A whole you Chai!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Auladimeji(m): 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
rezzy:

Same year it happened to me, at same mile 2. One aunty saved me
Why is it always Mile 2
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by kay5you: 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
It’s now difficult to help random people on the street

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Auladimeji(m): 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
adamsbadoo:
It happened to me in 2002...they stole my wallet but little did they knw that........

I have only my atm card, #100, pako biscuit nylon and used condom Inside angry
shocked

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 08, 2018
Honestly this is a ridiculous "scam". Anyone who falls for such is greedy af and deserves it. Free iPhone, Free money. Na so e easy undecided
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Ademoore07(m): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2018
I got entangled to format 3 in 2006 while on my way from Ife to ore. Last last , na 100 naira Dem fit get from me cos I dey stingy grin grin grin
It happened precisely in December 2006
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by micfoley: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
OP thanks for taking .time out to explain. I know people who have been unfortunate to fall victim . May God protect us
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Auladimeji(m): 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
abokikhalifa:
I almost fell for this scam in 2013 but was smart enough to know it's a scam so I played along with the so called foreigner and the second guy.
I can remember that faithful day vividly well.
I just came out from the National Stadium at Ojuelegba where I went to buy an original Arsenal jersey. I was with 20k cash left on me and my ATM card. I don't know how this guys knew I was with cash on me and my bank account.
As I was walking to the busstop, one guy worked towards me with a Ghanaian accent telling me that is goods were seized by custom officers at Apapa and he needs someone to take him there to claim is goods. He told me that he is new in Lagos and dos not know is way around and he wants me to take him to Apapa that he will give me one IPAD and an IPHONE. That was when I suspected something fishy because as at then the price of IPAD and IPHONE was fu.k.ng high.

As I was conversing with the so called Ghana boy who to me looks like an IGBO GUY, one YORUBA boy was pretending to be a random guy walking pass and was called in by the Ghanaian boy. The way the Yoruba boy reacted also made me understand it was a scam game.

So me as a Lagos/ Akwa Ibom boy I say make I play along make we see who the Mumu be.

The Yoruba boy claimed to be a unilag student(for my mind Unilag boy way no get swarg, that one Na Unilag student?) and he insisted that we should help the Ghanaian guy and make money from him.

At the end of the day, the Ghanaian guy who claimed not to know anywhere in Lagos State was the one that stopped a keke and in my mind I was like ''OGA YOU TALK SAY U NO SABBI ANYWHERE FOR LAGOS HOW COME NA YOU DEY STOP KEKE FOR LAGOS''

I saw the way their rushed into the keke thinking that they have getting a maga nd I watched them smiling. They looked back and saw me standing and waving BYE BYE and good luck with your next client.

Through out that day I was wondering how someone else will fall victim.
Bye bye to nonsense
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
Old format.....Happened to someone close to me 10years ago.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by HoodBillionaire: 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
happened to me in okoroh edo state
dem corner me for aboe street ring road
frm thr we fly bike
same format
alfa say we go buy coffin
this
dat
say chemical na 50k
i was badly in need for a lapy den
naso i bring 3k
old scam
way back 2011
during adams oshimnole tenure

1 Like

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by spencekat(m): 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
HolyHero:
Bro don't play yourself.. those guys use charms too
Exactly
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by austin2wise(m): 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
micfoley:
OP thanks for taking .time out to explain. I know people who have been unfortunate to fall victim . May God protect us
amen!!
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by RexTramadol1: 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
ACE1010:

A whole you Chai!! cheesy cheesy

No be small oh my broda

Funnily enough, I wasn't even thinking of getting anything in return oh.....d guy was dressed like a village man and I was compassionate enough to help him find location wey e bn dey go, very long story sha

Beht since then, me and anybody for road Na war oh.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
Stumbled on them at Allen junction in 2005. They tried format one on me. I told them I didn't have money, that I was even trekking to Ojodu Berger, but that I know where my brother hides his money. One of them was sent to 'put' me in a bus. The guy took me to the bus stop and motioned me into an Ojodu Berger-bound bus. He gave the conductor 1k and asked for change. I at this point, told the driver to drive. He drove off and the guy started shouting 'ole'. I collect my N950 change jejely, wetin consign me?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by ednut1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
grin 2008 dem try me for mushim. I didnt fall
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Psoul(m): 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
I was wondering hw the Op knows all the details of what will happen even inside the scammers' house as he said that he was nearly a victim. Did he pass all these steps and still came out unscarmmed
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by Divay22(f): 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
TheUbermensch:
Word, OP.

There's also another scam I've been told about and also experienced.

It works best when you're wearing a sandal. A young guy would approach you to tell you you aren't putting on the Sandals well. He'd further say that the way you are wearing it may spoil it. Now when this was happening to me I didn't dismiss the nigga immediately. Indeed I was experiencing a certain pain in my foot from the Sandals. "Maybe I wasn't wearing it well I thought".

The best thing to do in this situation is to dismiss them. Be very harsh. Raise an alarm if possible.

But if you don't they'd keep on commenting on your Sandals. The guy would later say he makes sandals and he can help you readjust it so it won't spoil. At this point you should really really tell him off.

But if you don't, and you shrug and let him come to adjust your Sandals, he'd ask you to see him. Then he'd be readjusting your foot sort of. At this point all your concentration is on your foot and what exactly the guy would do.

Alas! What's really happening is as you bend, he's dipping his hands into your pocket and you'd be in a position where you won't feel it. Maybe they use Jarz I don't know.

When it was happening to me I let the nigga have a go at my foot. I wanted to see how exactly it worked. He kept on readjusting my foot and telling me to bend down, but my eyes were on my trouser pockets.

[b]He was lucky he got away with a knock from me. [/b]Had I seen the policeman at the bend of the street I'd have handed him over.

Bottom line: Y'all have to be wise in the street of Lagos.
Lol.
Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by engrkaz(m): 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2018
They approached me in December 1999 at Oshodi (I was barely 16) fresh out of high sch...The Foreigner came first, spoke to me in French, I told him i didnt understand what he was saying....Then a gun shot!!! everybody was running away from the direction of the shot... in the midst of the ensuing commotion, the second guy picked me out from the crowd and came with the story of what the idiot was saying....I told him, then he said, haa, "je ka lo ba, awon boys to ma n tele ship yen ni, je ka lo ba ka gba gbogbo dollars owo e" (na those boys wey dey follow ship, make we go meet am collect all the dollars wey dey him pocket)....From no where I gather courage and told him boldly, if u don't get off my sight, you see those operation sweep guys across the road?, na dem go collect u for my hand.... na so chairman disappear dey curse me dey go...oloshi omo mummy ni....

3 Likes

Re: Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! by expert234: 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
Chascop:
Africans and their magical powers..

Tell us Format 4 on how PMB won his election

He Wee make you big big promises and you too Wee believe without asking him how he wwe fulfil it. grin

The beautiful thing is that the scam has never failed before. He Wee use it again in 2019 and it Wee work because this is Nigeria..... Everybody is a walking senseless, political idiot. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Names Of 7 Brothers Deported From Abroad Written On A Tree In Evil Forest.Photos / Girl "Mistakenly" Kills Her Friend In A Fight (Pictures/Video) / 47-Year-Old Guard Sleeps With 6-Year-Old Girl In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.