Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (41834 Views)

This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video / Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2018
Gbemishile1:
for ur mind now,u don talk sense abi?
I don't know u
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by famosh: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
[s][/s]
and Buhari that awarded a mischievous award with election at hand have pure motive?

remind me who jailed abiola
and also remind me who's Buhari's idol grin

you guys keep justifying the word sophisticated morrons cheesy

Are you aware that your Lord & personal saviour, Ebelemi Jonathan, also gave Abacha, the man who you claim jailed Abiola, an award for EXEMPLARY LEADERSHIP in 2014?

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 14, 2018
the june 12 was a very significant day in the lives of nigerians
there was nothing like tribe,ethnicicity
it didnt matter if you are igbo,yoruba,hausa,itsekiri etc
people wanted good dovernance and they voted massively for it
abiola defeated his rival,even in his state(kano) and in his local government too.
The politicians have really done more harm by imbibing in us the spirit of ethnicity and tribe in order for them to strive in corruption.when a corrupt politician is caught,he cries to his people and claim he is being molested.
Unilag is a brand on its own,it will realy affect it if changed.

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by DoTheNeedful: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2018
kotv:

Which one of the award will trigger the future generation to research who MKO is and his contribution to the country, a day without any mention of his name or a school with his name.

Yorubas disagreed and rejected GEJ naming Unilag after MKO because of your people's hatred for him and any southern. Instead of this dogman excuses, you people need to start saying the truth.

There's no extra perks of anything from the Senate. The post ceremonial declaration is just that ceremonial. Since MKO was not officially given the presidency, he's not entitled to anything from the Senate and his family will not gain anything despite the ceremonial title. Yorubas need to stop decieving themselves with a ceremonial title. This entire debacle showed me Yorubas are not as smart as parade yourselves as. Just shameful

Pavarottii:
They never loved GEJ. The west majorly.
Cos up till now am still looking for the offence he made towards the west that warrant such HATRED.

THANK GOD GEJ STEPPED DOWN FOR THEM so they SHOULD ENJOY BUHARI THEY LOVE.

IT WONT TAKE ANYTHING FROM GEJ.

Let's just call a spade a spade.
GOD BLESS GEJ.

chris31:

Its down to hatred & tribalism
Africa will always be Africa
Education supposed to have change our mentality but i can't see the different educated & illiterates among the youths in this country
I have advice for u change travel out of ur region for just only six months ur level of hatred & tribalism will reduced

Even from these statements, we know those who have hatred for others. Can't you people just be free-minded? This is politics and democracy. The preference for someone should not be seen as hatred for another. MKO lost in the East and our Igbo brothers voted for a Northerner in 1993 yet I have not seen anyone say that the Igbos hate Abiola. It is politics and it is democracy. We are not obliged to see things the same way.

The same Yorubas that you claim hated GEJ were at the forefront fighting for his right against the Northern powers. They even voted for him in 2011 and also rigged in his favor. However, 4 years later they felt he had not done enough for their region.Even at that, in 2015, GEJ still had around 42% of SWern votes which shows many still wanted him. GEJ also made some bad decisions such as undermining OBJ in PDP and releasing Major Al Mustapha who many Yorubas feel was a villain in MKO's saga.

On renaming Unilag after MKO, I will salute GEJ on that but it is extremely difficult to rename schools like Unilag, UNN and UI after anyone at this point. ABU was easier to rename after Ahmadu Bello because the school was still in its infancy when it was renamed. Many Yoruba graduates of OAU still do not like the idea of renaming the school after Awolowo although most like Awolowo himself. GEJ did not do proper consultations before he tried renaming the school. The students and alumni of the school did not like the idea. I don't think people will be silent if UNN is named after GEJ tomorrow.

Making June 12 a national holiday is by far more dignifying in my opinion. Also the official recognition of Abiola as the winner is soothing.

Our Eastern brothers should be more liberal in the way they see things and stop seeing things from the prism of hatred.

6 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by searchlight: 8:49am On Jun 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

Even if Buhari had done the same thing GEJ did, my opinion would NOT have changed, so stop peddling crap.
GEJ did a lot of good things during his tenure, but changing the name of UNILAG was a misguided, spiteful adventure on his part. sad
And no amount of insults from your end, can cover up his cluelessness in that regard. Anyway, one good thing you have just done however, is to confirm that "bigot, sycophant and naturally dumb," are a perfect description of your true identity. Those names suit you rather well. Who am I to disagree?
I heard that Buhari was part of the government that killed that criminal in detention that he even praised Abacha and his administration which killed Abiola two weeks before the June 12 gimmick. it is mutually exclusive for Abiola and Abacha to be recognized as heroes even you mighty Soyinka said so. Afonjas have really compelled me to keep checking the meaning of sophistication each time I visit NL. Anyway let me not rate Yorubas with low life NL residential Zombies shaa.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by famosh: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
[s][/s]
oops are you telling me that MKO doesn't deserve a federal university named after him just like almost all federal universities in the North is named after their heros?

so much love for MKO from his people grin
just say you're paid to hate Gej just like Tinubu and the rest.

Gej is the best president since democracy
Buhari is the worst president since mankind
kiss the truth
Unintelligent boy, why did your Lord & personal saviour, Ebelemi Jonathan, ignore the calls for him to recognize June 12 as democracy day throughout his whole over 5 years in office? Do you think the people that were pressurizing him & his party to do it didn't know there was a Unilag to be renamed & that renaming Unilag wouldn't do enough justice?

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Babanick: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

MKO merited the honour, but GEJ's renaming of UNILAG after Abiola was an insensitive Greek gift. sad It was done to rubbish the brand identity of UNILAG, and it was done without consulting widespread stakeholders who had invested time, energy, efforts and resources into the growth and development of the university. GEJ wanted to restrict Abiola's honour to a mere Lagos affair, without any impact. undecided There were new federal universities opened in the south by the same GEJ, that could have been renamed after Abiola, without creating a fuss, but GEJ chose to ignore those options. GEJ obviously had a sinister, spiteful and ill-conceived motive in changing the name of UNILAG. A leader is meant to consult widely before taking such monumental decisions, but GEJ refused to do so. Why??
You are very correct. The same way he did not consult widely before removing fuel subsidy. Thank God PMB corrected that by "consulting widely" and even paying more after removing it. Good morning

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

GEJ did NOT try anything! angry UNILAG was already a brand, with a recognisable identity - both locally and internationally. Changing its' name, would have killed the brand. Moreover,why change its' identity without consulting the stakeholders? shocked It shows how insensitive GEJ was, at that time. There were more than 3 Federal Universities in the South, that had no recognisable identity or brand, whose names could have been changed or used to immortalise Abiola. Instead, GEJ stupidly tried to do a cosmetic name change with UNILAG. And it backfired big time. Silly man. undecided How clueless can a president be?

Oga Laudate, u still dey here? Lol.

GEJs regime is dead n gone.

Enjoy ur luv, Buhari...gringringrin.

Meanwhile UNILAG is not an international brand, It's not even among the top 500 or even the top 1000 universities in the World.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 14, 2018
yarimo:
TINUBU and co rejected the re naming of unilag because, they knew GOODLUCK jonathan doesn't know why he is president of Nigeria at that time. grin

awusa fulani we hear u. we expect nothing less.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by searchlight: 8:52am On Jun 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

Buhari's award to MKO is more appropriate, more deserving, more genuine and more reflective of the national honour that should have been conferred on Abiola, a long time ago. It doesn't matter if it was done close to an election period or not. GEJ was the dumb one who failed to do the appropriate thing. undecided
"why is buhari giving a posthumous award to a man he helped pulled down" was the main question. Zombie read before commenting
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by famosh: 8:59am On Jun 14, 2018
searchlight:
"why is buhari giving a posthumous award to a man he helped pulled down" was the main question. Zombie read before commenting
Unintelligent IPIG, Buhari was not involved in the "pulling down" of Abiola! In fact, Abiola was the one who did Buhari wrong by sponsoring the coup that ousted Buhari from office, & Abiola's daughter already apologized!

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by 9gerian: 9:02am On Jun 14, 2018
They never loved GEJ but fought with all their might and votes to ensure that he was president and remained so. Or which region was the most adamant on GEJ stepping into the late Yaradua's shoes as president?

It was never a tribal thing as there were no block votes, but the expression of individual rights to vote another if dissatisfied with an earlier choice.

No doubt, GEJ was a gentleman who would have done better in well organized societies that had strong institutions. But truth be told, GEJ dropped the ball of governance and the centre could no longer hold because of his perceived weakness / inexperience, which most of his appointees and opponents alike took advantage of in bringing down his government.

IMO, GEJ neither knew his true friends (those directly or indirectly working in his favor), nor enemies (psycophants luring him to the slaughter house). That cost him the presidency!

Pavarottii:
They never loved GEJ. The west majorly.
Cos up till now am still looking for the offence he made towards the west that warrant such HATRED.

THANK GOD GEJ STEPPED DOWN FOR THEM so they SHOULD ENJOY BUHARI THEY LOVE.

IT WONT TAKE ANYTHING FROM GEJ.

Let's just call a spade a spade.
GOD BLESS GEJ.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 14, 2018
any sane soul I'll gladly settle for a well deserved federal honour (GCFR) than some maulag or whatever.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by ba7man(m): 9:05am On Jun 14, 2018
GEJ wanted to change the perfect name UNILAG and change it to that razz name MAULAG. angry

I'm sure people would still be laughing at Lag students by now if that had happened.

Never trust an unexposed man from the creeks to judge Lagos or Southwest affairs.

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by abbeyty(m): 9:09am On Jun 14, 2018
I dont even give a bleeping fk about all this, all i want is Buhari should make N1 equal to $1 as he promised us

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by obailala(m): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2018
All these bleedy Jonathanian wailing wailers never get tired.

A fact is that even if Buhari tried to rename UNILAG, it would have also been roundly rejected by all; I wouldn't expect chronic wailers to understand this though...

Meanwhile, some of the these Jonathanians wailing today over this issue also disapproved of the UNILAg renaming back then. Funny set of people!

3 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Enigma1000: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:
these guys are pure betrayal.....

they choose hausa fulani in place of Goodluck jonathan from south.

after every every they still backstabbed jonathan.

Gej knows the truth of people that love him in this country.

wike was aware that why he didn't give them bleeding space in the last conducted pdp congresses.
what is betrayal? there s nothing like betrayal when there is no trust. boy don't let your emotions override your thinking. some northerners supported goodluck n no one called them betrayers, goodluck supported Jonah jang a Northerner against amiechi during the NGF election. you didn't see it as betrayal.
boy , in politics you re free to follow your interest.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by MoshoodOkunola(m): 9:13am On Jun 14, 2018
That was a bold step by the jagaban of our time,i salute his courage and now he is vindicated by the action of PMB in recognizing MKO and awarded to him the highest award in the land.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Synthase(m): 9:16am On Jun 14, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
[s][/s]
claptrap
you don't know anything about brand
you hate Gej the best president ever
i bet if Buhari changed the name himself you'll be singing his praise by now.
mr man just admit that you hate Gej and just a bigot, sycophant or naturally dumb.
Buhari is a criminal terrorist
he's the worst president since mankind
kiss the truth

Mr man, you too should just admit that you hate PMB and you are equally just a bigot, sycophant or naturally dumb. Yours is a case of pot calling kettle black! You are no different from the guy you quoted...

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by wasiudvd(m): 9:17am On Jun 14, 2018
Its not "Betrayal", its Preference.
If you can think, you will know this thread ridicule GEJ. Why jeopardize established name like UNILAG? Why not something like this democracy day?

LochOtieno:
these guys are pure betrayal.....

they choose hausa fulani in place of Goodluck jonathan from south.

after every every they still backstabbed jonathan.

Gej knows the truth of people that love him in this country.

wike was aware that why he didn't give them bleeding space in the last conducted pdp congresses.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 14, 2018
Enigma1000:

what is betrayal? there s nothing like betrayal when there is no trust. boy don't let your emotions override your thinking. some northerners supported goodluck n no one called them betrayers, goodluck supported Jonah jang a Northerner against amiechi during the NGF election. you didn't see it as betrayal.
boy , in politics you re free to follow your interest.

don't sugar coat issues....

what I said is a fact.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2018
wasiudvd:
Its not "Betrayal", its Preference.
If you can think, you will know this thread ridicule GEJ. Why jeopardize established name like UNILAG? Why not something like this democracy day?

I don't want to think.....

thank u
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by cocoduck: 9:28am On Jun 14, 2018
Pavarottii:

Please mention d road fashola is doing in d south west?
exactly. But don't worry, one month later hunger must have resetted their brains

1 Like

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Apina(m): 9:31am On Jun 14, 2018
Babanick:

You are very correct. The same way he did not consult widely before removing fuel subsidy. Thank God PMB corrected that by "consulting widely" and even paying more after removing it. Good morning
You are just being foolish for making this statement. Is the government not paying subsidy to itself? We are paying more for fuel and yet the subsidy is 3 times what was being paid when we were buying at a lower rate undecided
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by mide419: 9:33am On Jun 14, 2018
nigeria 'WILL NEVER GET ANYWHERE"

I mean 'will NEVER get anywhere" with the kind of politics we play.

No country ever moves forward with ethnic politics.

Religion is not the problem. CORRUPTION is not the problem too

ETHNICITY IS THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Pavarottii(m): 9:39am On Jun 14, 2018
9gerian:
They never loved GEJ but fought with all their might and votes to ensure that he was president and remained so. Or which region was the most adamant on GEJ stepping into the late Yaradua's shoes as president?

It was never a tribal thing as there were no block votes, but the expression of individual rights to vote another if dissatisfied with an earlier choice.

No doubt, GEJ was a gentleman who would have done better in well organized societies that had strong institutions. But truth be told, GEJ dropped the ball of governance and the centre could no longer hold because of his perceived weakness / inexperience, which most of his appointees and opponents alike took advantage of in bringing down his government.

IMO, GEJ neither knew his true friends (those directly or indirectly working in his favor), nor enemies (psycophants luring him to the slaughter house). That cost him the presidency!

GEJ won not because any body fought tooth and nail. GEJ was d soul candidate of PDP. Obasanjo installed him and there was no strong opposition back den. So nothing would av stopped him from winning. That's why the yorubas formed apc with the north just to booth him out whether he performed well or not.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Daguccizgreat(m): 9:39am On Jun 14, 2018
jahsharon:
We now know who was and is still more powerful between Tinubu and Goatluck. Goatluck made a pronouncement on UNOLAG and Tinubu overruled it. Now, Buhari has made his pronouncement on June 12, even the Court cannot overrule it.
This dude, sometimes you reason like a toddler. No pun intended
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by isah80: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

MKO merited the honour, but GEJ's renaming of UNILAG after Abiola was an insensitive Greek gift. sad It was done to rubbish the brand identity of UNILAG, and it was done without consulting widespread stakeholders who had invested time, energy, efforts and resources into the growth and development of the university. GEJ wanted to restrict Abiola's honour to a mere Lagos affair, without any impact. undecided There were new federal universities opened in the south by the same GEJ, that could have been renamed after Abiola, without creating a fuss, but GEJ chose to ignore those options. GEJ obviously had a sinister, spiteful and ill-conceived motive in changing the name of UNILAG. A leader is meant to consult widely before taking such monumental decisions, but GEJ refused to do so. Why??

Please, who have brand helped? I know that it is the things that you know that helps you and that is why people go to school.

We have a lot of brands that we consider to be fake today in the market.

The world is no longer the world of brands but the world of contents.

You will not be employed because of your school name but because of what you can do.

Thank you.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by cosade(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

GEJ did NOT try anything! angry UNILAG was already a brand, with a recognisable identity - both locally and internationally. Changing its' name, would have killed the brand. Moreover,why change its' identity without consulting the stakeholders? shocked It shows how insensitive GEJ was, at that time. There were more than 3 Federal Universities in the South, that had no recognisable identity or brand, whose names could have been changed or used to immortalise Abiola. Instead, GEJ stupidly tried to do a cosmetic name change with UNILAG. And it backfired big time. Silly man. undecided How clueless can a president be?

I am sure if UNN (University of Nigeria, Nsukka) was renamed after the great Zik, the Lions and other stakeholders would have rejected such ill advised decision. There was great wisdom in renaming the one in Awka after him.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Brugo(m): 9:42am On Jun 14, 2018
cheesy

Awon omo yîbo yii sa! Why are you Igbos so distressed? MKO has been awarded the honour reserved for Heads of State and you cannot undo it. The only thing you lot can do is shout “marginalisation” and cry for your own country. Nothing more.

This gesture by PMB cannot be compared to the offhand cosmetic “honour” GEJ proposed. This is a National Honour that comes with a holiday so that you Igbos will never forget. grin

We are glad Buhari was influenced to make this decision, knowing his opinion on Abacha. IBB, the darling of Igbos also cannot be pleased with this news.

At least you should thank us for giving you one more reason to sit at home and eat your stony akpu while contemplating the importance of June 12.

3 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by BluntBoy(m): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2018
How can people be comparing Buhari's fitting honor of Abiola with the stupid move of GEJ?

When Babangida decided to "honor" Awolowo by renaming University of Ife to Obafemi Awolowo University, there were protests led by notable people such as Wole Soyinka who was a lecturer in the University of Ife at the time. The renaming only succeeded because it happened under military rule where there was little regard for human rights.

The rejection of GEJ's gift was not only a Yoruba thing. There are many alumni of the school (Igbo, Hausa's, Yorubas, Efiks, Ibiobios, etcetera) who vehemently rejected the offer.

What is even the need to change the name of a popular brand when it is not like the brand had failed? GEJ didn't think that well at all. He could have done what Buhari did. Enough of renaming already well established universities. If I can remember well, GEJ created nine Federal universities. Why didn't he name one of them after MKO and let the university grow with the name?

I can't even imagine any useless government trying to rename my Alma mater, University of Ibadan. I will reject such gift even if it is to be renamed after my father.

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Pavarottii(m): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Even from these statements, we know those who have hatred for others. Can't you people just be free-minded? This is politics and democracy. The preference for someone should not be seen as hatred for another. MKO lost in the East and our Igbo brothers voted for a Northerner in 1993 yet I have not seen anyone say that the Igbos hate Abiola. It is politics and it is democracy. We are not obliged to see things the same way.

The same Yorubas that you claim hated GEJ were at the forefront fighting for his right against the Northern powers. They even voted for him in 2011 and also rigged in his favor. However, 4 years later they felt he had not done enough for their region.Even at that, in 2015, GEJ still had around 42% of SWern votes which shows many still wanted him. GEJ also made some bad decisions such as undermining OBJ in PDP and releasing Major Al Mustapha who many Yorubas feel was a villain in MKO's saga.

On renaming Unilag after MKO, I will salute GEJ on that but it is extremely difficult to rename schools like Unilag, UNN and UI after anyone at this point. ABU was easier to rename after Ahmadu Bello because the school was still in its infancy when it was renamed. Many Yoruba graduates of OAU still do not like the idea of renaming the school after Awolowo although most like Awolowo himself. GEJ did not do proper consultations before he tried renaming the school. The students and alumni of the school did not like the idea. I don't think people will be silent if UNN is named after GEJ tomorrow.

Making June 12 a national holiday is by far more dignifying in my opinion. Also the official recognition of Abiola as the winner is soothing.

Our Eastern brothers should be more liberal in the way they see things and stop seeing things from the prism of hatred.

Still talking from one side of the mouth , still diminishing GEJ. Who told u the east didn't vote for abiola. Please get ur facts right. The yorubas never fought tooth and nail to install GEJ in 2011. Obasanjo was on his side and PDP was the only strong party. GEJ didn't really av any contender. Hence the formation of A PC to take him out by all means by the west in collaboration with the north. And because GEJ decided not to lick d ass of obj, he went against him also. If GEJ was truly loved he would av been to do a second tenure. Cos no president In d history of Nigerian DoD better than him in 4years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye / Photo Of Tinubu And Babajide Sanwoolu In London / Police Officer Sleeping On Duty (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.