Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (10972 Views)

Shooting Spree Kills Six In Santa Monica, California / 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / Should Guns Be Outlawed In America. Another Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2010
ElRazur:

Go on talk some more. Your original statement is that "Basically everyone have learnt. . . . . ". You know, sticking to this wont be so hard. Make that your talking point and let see how far you get. I guess you are so weak that you will rather look for cheap shots. Seriously, what a muppet.

Content in bold refers, you are a chronic liar - reproduce the post with the statement you claimed I put down so we will see who is lying here.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Content in bold refers, you are a chronic liar - reproduce the post with the statement you claimed I put down so we will see who is lying here.

Look up the meaning of the word Obtuse.

smiley

How much does it cost for Adult education? smiley Find out and get back to me please. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2010
Reproduce the statement and stop diverting the issue. I have not edited my post so it should be easy for you to reproduce. You are a cursed liar in my opinion.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Reproduce the statement and stop diverting the issue. I have not edited my post so it should be easy for you to reproduce. You are a cursed liar in my opinion.

Still clutching for straws. smiley

To pick on people's grammar, when you have showed that you lack basic understanding is just disgusting. To try and rewrite the rules of Grammar in order to validate your errors is at best. . . . Idiotic.

To disregard these same rules and then turn around to say someone is a "liar" over a typo is nothing but what a fool will do. smiley

To do all of the above as a distraction from my post that appeared to have touched your nerve from the begining is nothing but a childish thing to do. How old are you sir?

Seriously, go lick your wounds. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2010
See me see problem.

You accused me of saying something. I challenged you and claimed you are lying. I asked you to reproduce my post to back up your lie.

Instead of doing what is proper you are still here jumping up and down like a monkey that is chasing banana.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 9:10pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

See me see problem.

You accused me of saying something. I challenged you and claimed you are lying. I asked you to reproduce my post to back up your lie.

Instead of doing what is proper you are still here jumping up and down like a monkey that is chasing banana.

More clap traps. smiley

I am loving this, keep 'em coming. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2010
Liar. It seems you have boxed yourself into a corner.

Reproduce the post shameless liar like you. I guess you never imagined anyone would ask you to reproduce anything so you kept lying as if there was no tomorrow.

This thread is just 2 pages so it will be easy for you to reproduce my post (which I have not edited at all).

E be like say na lies dem take train you so you no fit leave lies. Zero credibility and non existent integrity. I hate liars and I detest them.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Liar. It seems you have boxed yourself into a corner.

Reproduce the post shameless liar like you. I guess you never imagined anyone would ask you to reproduce anything so you kept lying as if there was no tomorrow.

This thread is just 2 pages so it will be easy for you to reproduce my post (which I have not edited at all).

E be like say na lies dem take train you so you no fit leave lies. Zero credibility and non existent integrity. I hate liars and I detest them.

Gosh frustration setting in? smiley I am loving this. smiley

Afam, look up the meaning of Obtuse, once you do that. Let me know. smiley

As for the rest of your claptraps. Come on stimulate me, why don't reproduce your own post to "show" that I am a "liar". While ignoring the fact that you try to rewrite the rules in order to save face.

When you are done, look up on the word Irony too. smiley

If you can post a lengthy post, surely you can cut and paste the so called lies for all to see? After all, it is only just two pages? Right?

What a daft logic! smiley

Your reflection method will not work on me. Try again. Try and curse or insult me. Perhaps, it may work. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2010
Quote from: ElRazur on Today at 06:40:54 PM
Go on talk some more. Your original statement is that "Basically everyone have learnt. . . . . ". You know, sticking to this wont be so hard. Make that your talking point and let see how far you get. I guess you are so weak that you will rather look for cheap shots. Seriously, what a muppet.

Shameless liar.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Quote from: ElRazur on Today at 06:40:54 PM

Shameless liar.

What exactly is the lie?

In the mean time, I noted you posted this on your website. LWKMD

Quote from Afam's personal website.

He hates double standards, hypocrisy and lies regardless of the reasons and will always stand by the truth on any issue regardless of the consequences.

Oh dear God. God deliver us from men with tiny minds.
So you have tried to rewrite the rules, grasping for straws, have shown that you will do anything to safe face. And that is boldly written on your website? LWKMD.

Are you calling a "typo" a "lie"? Please tell me you haven't lost all your level of reasoning
. undecided

Come on Afam Nnaji, challenge me. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2010
If you tell one lie then you will need many more to support it.

Are you trying to reduce your lie to a typo?

What is this typo you are even referring to?

And while you are at the website try to read some of the articles there as some of them bother on integrity, something you obviously lack, you may learn a thing or two there.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2010
Yawn.

Please tell me about this lie. Quoting my post and telling me it is a lie is just pathetic.

Go on. Son of Nanji, you really are boring me now. undecided
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Busybody2(f): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2010
Afam:

Almost everyone joined in the beating - Not everyone but majority.

Everyone joined in the beating - No exception, everyone was involved.

Now, take away the qualifier "Almost" in the first sentence and tell me if the two sentences are the same. [size=14pt]Ignorant [/size] is a disease I tell you. You sure say you finish secondary education so?

ElRazur:

Lol. Not that, I have always looked at the possibilities of living in the country side, and as such, [size=14pt]owing[/size] a shot-gun is something am keen on. I like Rabbit hunting and shooting for wild birds sha. smiley  But that will be after moving to a country side, no way I will apply for one when am in the city. grin

One don't owe a gun and its not ignorant, but "ignorance" - the noun form- that is a disease, and the use of basically as a qualifier in this context is correct because it simply means "most/mostly/almost".

Now the two both of you, pack it in and zip it and carry go jooo angry Its Friday night, haven't you both got some weaker s e x to go and spend your hard-earned dosh on tongue

Now Deboskinator my lolo, where were we before we were rudely interrupted o jare, oh yeah, thats it, feels good, yes, you missed that spot . . .  cool cool cool
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2010
Busy_body:

One don't owe a gun and its not ignorant, but "ignorance" - the noun form- that is a disease, and the use of basically as a qualifier in this context is correct because it simply means "most/mostly/almost"

Erm madam, you missed the point. Here is the original post:

Afam:

Seems the only thing you post these days are blame posts since basically everyone has learned to ignore your incoherent and ignorant posts. grin grin

Again, using "Basically" in this context is for making emphasis or highlighting a point. ["everyone has learned to .  .  .   .   .  "]

How is the usage of Basically in here becomes a qualifier for the word "Everyone"?  undecided

From a dictionary on the word "Basically"

2 used when you are giving your opinion or stating what is important about a situation
Basically, there's not a lot we can do about it.
He basically just sits there and does nothing all day.
And that's it, basically

undecided
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 8:32am On Jun 05, 2010
Busy_body:

One don't owe a gun and its not ignorant, but "ignorance" - the noun form- that is a disease, and the use of basically as a qualifier in this context is correct because it simply means "most/mostly/almost".

Now the two both of you, pack it in and zip it and carry go jooo angry Its Friday night, haven't you both got some weaker s e x to go and spend your hard-earned dosh on tongue

Now Deboskinator my lolo, where were we before we were rudely interrupted o jare, oh yeah, thats it, feels good, yes, you missed that spot . . .  cool cool cool

Damn! My mistake on the ignorance stuff.

ElRazur:

Yawn.

Please tell me about this lie. Quoting my post and telling me it is a lie is just pathetic.

Go on. Son of Nanji, you really are boring me now. undecided

Seems the embarrassment is complete. You lied and I stated you lied, simple. Are you incapable of telling the truth? You should be bold enough to accept your mistakes and lies when they are exposed. You can dance around the lie but it will not change the fact that you lied and that makes you a liar.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2010
New bottle, same horrible-tasting wine. Same old regurgitated non-sense.

Simple question: What is this "lie" you speak of?

Surely, for every "lie" there is a "truth" or "fact"? Either post all of these or shut your trap? smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 9:27am On Jun 05, 2010
ElRazur:

Surely, for every "lie" there is a "truth" or "fact"? Either post all of these or shut your trap? smiley

Now you need the definition of a lie? I already reproduced the lie twice. You have no shame, probably representing your parents here.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 9:30am On Jun 05, 2010
Nnaji Snr. will be disappointed with your display so far am afraid. undecided

Read my post again, no one is asking you for a definition.

Surely, for every "lie" there is a "truth" or "fact"? Either post all of these or shut your trap?

Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 9:40am On Jun 05, 2010
I already posted the lie twice you pig. You are simply cursed and I am sure you don't realize this.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 9:43am On Jun 05, 2010
You really a losing it. I love it.

smiley

Once you make a decent post, I will respond. In the mean time, I am dying out laughing reading "About Afam Nnaji" on your website. You are one awesome dude. [Not really] smiley

I have been caught long enough in a cycle of bickering with you, it is now time to rise above that. It is clear you are a juvenile, go on, have the last say and lets move on. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2010
Always predictable. You lie effortlessly and yet have the boldness to deny the lie? I see you as a mere criminal.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by AngieFan(f): 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2010
You two Lovebirds need to get a room for real!

I come in here expecting to read a unique Nigerian perspective  grin on the UK tragedy and all I get is an squabble about who has the biggest D.!ck!!! Really guys, really!!!
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2010
Angiefan.

Please accept my apology. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2010
@elrazur

Your type will be will be very quick to label an arab man that because of his disillusionment and tortured soul,according to you,picks up a gun and start shooting people at random a terrorist,just because u have been mentally conned like every other thing to believe that his act is terrorism while that of an english man or an american that did the same can be seen as stress.

Terrorism is terrorism,any act that terrifies people and takes life for no cogent reason is terrorism,it doesn't matter whether it comes from an english person,american or a moslem.

You guys just speak this imperial language without making sense of it,that is why you are not going nowhere with it rationally and constructively,
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2010
redsun:

@elrazur

Your type will be will be very quick to label an arab man that because of his disillusionment and tortured soul,according to you,picks up a gun and start shooting people at random a terrorist,just because u have been mentally conned like every other thing to believe that his act is terrorism while that of an english man or an american that did the same can be seen as stress.

Redsun, with all due respect, all I asked you to do was explain to me why you think the reported incident is terrorism? You have instead moved away from the original question and started with a quick generalisation. undecided

Mentally conned?  undecided In what way please, can you take time to explain to me as to how?

Terrorism is terrorism,any act that terrifies people and takes life for no cogent reason is terrorism,it doesn't matter whether it comes from an english person,american or a moslem.

Terrorism in this present day and age revolves around an abstract ideology like religion. But if you want to get technical, any form of act that strike fear into the minds of people etc can be called terrorism. I am not sure if that is the angle you are coming from?

You guys just speak this imperial language without making sense of it,that is why you are not going nowhere with it rationally and constructively,

Once again, you are generalising.  undecided Is there a problem? undecided  So I am guessing anyone who, god forbid, have a mind of their own and do not subscribe to your school of thought lacks rationale then?  Nice.

All I asked you was to explain something. Can you do that or not?  smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
Since you said you understand english,u should know what terrorism mean.Terror is terror,that guy terrorized the people,killed so many and killed himself because he was ready to die,just like the suicide bombers do.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by AngieFan(f): 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2010
ElRazur:

Angiefan.

Please accept my apology. smiley

Awww a gentleman! smiley

Apology accepted!
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2010
redsun:

Since you said you understand enlish,u should know what terrorism mean.Terror is terror,that guy terrorized the people,killed so many and killed himself because he ready to die,just like the suicide bombers do.

Dude, again not really looking for a lengthy debate over simple matters.

Let me try and keep it simple.  In this day and age, Terrorism is now redefined, or have a new meaning. There is nothing wrong with that. You know, just the same way words evolve over time. For example "Gay" used to be a word meaning "Happy" or "Care free". While, it still mean that, the mainstream application is now to describe a homosexual person.

You see, with the advent of using Religion as a tool for justification for killing people, especially, over the past 10 years or so, the word terrorism appears to have since taken a new definition. I really do not have to explain this, as I feel it is there for all to see.

It is just the same way where the killing of human being have various legal definition - Murder, Manslaughter, Death by Dangerous driving etc. While all of these are noting but fancy name for calling the death and killing of people. The court takes a look at the circumstances behind each death and deals with it according to the law.

My point is that, this dude carried out an act of terror, I am not so sure he is a terrorist in the grand scale of things. A killer? Yes. A deranged Killer? Yeah. But using the explanation I have given you above, I am not so sure I will call him a terrorist myself.

If he's done it calling the name of Jesus and Ogun in the process, and probably left a note behind citing religious reasons, then yes he will fit in with the definition of the new "Terrorist" and as such committed terrorism.

I mean Red sun, this is nothing really, but if you wanna make big fuss out of it. Please be my guest.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2010
What i am trying to tell you is that terrorism as a word should be used for it is,whether it is an act of a deluded moslem controlled by some kind of delusion and oppression,or an act of a whacked american or english that chose to kill en mass for one reason or the other.

They are all terrorism,why you are finding it difficult to see it for what it is is because the word has been politicized to suit one quarter at the expense of the other,i don't reason on that line,i see things for what they are.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2010
I am not finding it difficult to see anything. Jeez. I have shared your view point in my post. Remember I already said, "if we want to get technical, he committed an act of terrorism". And I asked you, if that was the angle you are coming in from.

Having said that, I have gone beyond that to present the other side that you are very unwilling to entertain or see. You see, I am not the one finding it difficult here. smiley

You may not accept it, but the word Terrorism and Terrorist are used mostly and lately to describe barbaric acts that have religion ideology entwined into them.

You said it is politicised right? Well, perhaps if you acknowledge the fact that words meaning change over time, as it is dictated by the society, then you will see that there isn't no big deal like you are trying to make it.

smiley

Here is a news quote from BBC on the incident.

Police attempting to establish the motive behind Derrick Bird's shooting rampage have confirmed he was the subject of an ongoing tax inquiry.

The 52-year-old taxi driver shot 12 people dead in Cumbria before shooting himself on Wednesday.

Detectives said they were focusing on a number of key issues, including suggestions that he was involved in disputes with fellow drivers.

No suicide note or list of targets was found during a search of his home.

Bird's computer, mobile phones, and a large amount of paperwork have now been removed from the property in Rowrah.

A post-mortem examination will be carried out to establish whether he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the shootings.

The senior investigating officer, Supt Iain Goulding, said: "Detectives are focusing on several key areas and are working to verify suggestions that Bird was involved in personal disputes with fellow taxi drivers, or others.

"We have also been reviewing his finances and investigating issues of taxation.

"We can confirm that Derrick Bird was subject to an ongoing investigation by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

"While we continue to investigate these issues, we may never fully understand what could have driven Bird to commit such atrocities, as he is no longer here to answer our questions."

Read more
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10244223.stm

Before you make this into a Muslim theme thread, if you want, I can cite you instances where killings have been committed by Moslem and it was never called terrorism in the UK. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by mamagee3(f): 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2010
That sucks. . .

That's very rare of England, I mean I'm not saying there are no shooters or killers and even evil people.

But I'm just stating that the British aren't known for being that devilish and violent.

Americans are the ones who've got the stereotype of being violent and rude not the English men.

That's really sad!
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2010
mama-gee:

That sucks. . .

That's very rare of England, I mean I'm not saying there are no shooters or killers and even evil people.

But I'm just stating that the British aren't known for being that devilish and violent.

Americans are the ones who've got the stereotype of being violent and rude not the English men.

That's really sad!

You are exceedingly funny !!.  grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) / Brazil Census Shows African-brazilians In The Majority For The First Time / Haiti gangs: More than 50,000 flee capital after surge in violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.