Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (10965 Views)

Shooting Spree Kills Six In Santa Monica, California / 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / Should Guns Be Outlawed In America. Another Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Busybody2(f): 1:43am On Jun 06, 2010
stillwater:

^^^^ This one will just be throwing the hypocrite word any how. grin. Terrorism has political undertones which fits the bill of Osama and his ilk not Mr. Bird.

Terrorism could also have underlying ideological undertones, though this killer dude ain't a terrorist, just some aggrieved fellow with scores to settle with his mate, Lawyer, families and friends.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 1:46am On Jun 06, 2010
Busy_body:

Terrorism could also have underlying ideological undertones, though this killer dude ain't a terrorist, just some aggrieved fellow with scores to settle with his mate, Lawyer, families and friends.

Coupled with the fact that he was being probed for tax fraud or fuckever the PIGS were sniffing him for. . . .
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 06, 2010
Busy_body:

Not refuting that but what was Mr. Bird's ideology in this case? The man snapped and that's it.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Princek12(m): 1:48am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Firstly, only a retard shows wikipedia link as his proof. . . . .any fool can put anything on wikipedia.
America cannot say the  exact number of muslims in their country. . . . .
They have been guessing since the Sep 11 bombings so you can make fuckever outta that. . . .

And your smart reasoning is going to Wikipedia to tell me America's got ONLY 0.8% of the total population as MUSLIMS.
You are a tool!!!

You have shown you are a fool, and you have clearly shown you are unintelligent. You don't even know the difference between percent and number. Idiot. You have probably never set foot in a higher education institution in your life. The research was conducted by the Pew Research Center for People and the Press, a reputable think tank. So what facts do you want to me to show you? You want me to come to the U.K. and count every Muslim? You could not even engage in an intellectual discourse without getting personal, which is typical of dumb arses like you who want to appear intelligent.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Busybody2(f): 1:53am On Jun 06, 2010
stillwater:

Not refuting that but what was Mr. Bird's ideology in this case? The man snapped and that's it.

Yup, thats why I said he is not a terrorist but someone with a grievance wink
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 1:53am On Jun 06, 2010
Busy_body:

Could? Are we not talking specifics here?

~Sauron~:

Stop displaying your ignorance on the public forum. . . .
Your kids will read this comment in few years time and they wouldn't be proud. . . .

Without a political goal/motive, terrorism cannot be established.
Serial Killers endanger lives and terrorise the neighbourhood they hit, they are NOT terrorists. . . .
If this man was a Muslim, he wouldn't be branded a terrorist. . . .

Some Muslim dudes(serial killers) in Blackpool used human meat for Kebab some years ago. . . .No one branded em TERRORISTS.
Without a political undertone, you cannot establish TERRORISM.
Stop spreading chaff here. . . .

I am sure Bush added to your english when he labeled some nations axis of evil, abi? The day you start using your brain instead of repeating what you hear from White House and No 10 Downing Street is the day you will start living, for now you are merely existing without any original thoughts of your own.

Terrorism must have political undertones my behind, rubbish.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 1:59am On Jun 06, 2010
Princek12:

You have shown you are a fool, and you have clearly shown you are unintelligent. You don't even know the difference between percent and number. Idiot. You have probably never set foot in a higher education institution in your life. The research was conducted by the Pew Research Center for People and the Press, a reputable think tank. So what facts do you want to me to show you? You want me to come to the U.K. and count every Muslim? You could not even engage in an intellectual discourse without getting personal, which is typical of dumb arses like you who want to appear intelligent.

Stupidity fell in love with Idiocy AND they gave birth to you.

U opened your useless shithole to say there's a higher percentage of muslims in the UK in comparison to the UK. . . .
It's a daft statement to make because the issue of census especially in America/UK where immigration issue is A DANK TUNNEL.
Your statement is as moronic as saying there are more illegal immigrants in the UK than in the USA.

When the issue of intelligence is brought to the table, you are in a much lower echelon.
Half the square root of my IQ is beyond you so don't even venture it.
Show us the raw data/stats generated by PRC instead of spewing like a photosensitive epileptic patient. . . .

Afam:

I am sure Bush added to your english when he labeled some nations axis of evil, abi? The day you start using your brain instead of repeating what you hear from White House and No 10 Downing Street is the day you will start living, for now you are merely existing without any original thoughts of your own.

Of course, some Nations are axis of EVIL. . . . .
Most of the countries in the middle-east are axis of evil. . . Why deny that?

Terrorism must have political undertones my behind, rubbish.

Stop clutching at straws and task your brain for once in your miserable life.
The man in question is no terrorist and anyone irrespective of his race, colour, religion or fuckever who commits the same kinda crime isn't a terrorist.
Stop having this moronic thunks in your head that the West is feeding us with crap. . . . .
A man snapped cos he was angry and the next thing you could think of was TERRORISM. . . .Clifford Orji na terrorist too?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 2:02am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Redsun is just an illiterate. . . .
How did Derrick Bird commit terrorism?  A guy loses it upstairs and went on rampage with a shotgun and killed 12 people.
How is that terrorism FCOL?

What are we producing in Nigeria these days?
Half-baked nitwits?
If anyone mentions terror here, i will piss in his nostrils.

Another fool is here again showing his brain washed stupidity.What do you think happens to moslems that blows themselves up?do u think they lost their legs?No they lost their heads just like this murderfucker did,he chose to take people along with him instead of just committing suicide,that is terrorism

These idiots fail to realize that as much people are deluded in the west so there are in any other place.Incessant acquisitions like you have in the west is delusion and that is what is making them to commit murderous acts when they can't afford to keep up.

The reason why people like you remain silly is that your minds don't wander,you like to listen and obey the master too much to the point of losing your minds.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by bgees(m): 2:02am On Jun 06, 2010
People are guilty of hypocrisy and double standards , and thats why people can't up with an universally agreed definition  for terrorism.

But , its very simple and I don't know why we are still tinkering. Anyone  that causes terror especially to civilians is a terrorist.  The man in question went on a shooting spree , killing innocent people.

Give him a beard and an Arabic name and we will agree that he is a terrorist.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 2:10am On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

Another fool is here again showing his brain washed stupidity.What do you think happens to moslems that blows themselves up?do u think they lost their legs?No they lost their heads just like this murderfucker did,he chose to take people along with him instead of just committing suicide,that is terrorism

Muslims who blow themselves up were brain-washed, belonged to a group of extremists and they were fighting a CAUSE.
The man in question did not belong to any group. . . .He wasn't brainwashed. . . .He only SNAPPED.
The money invested in your education shoulda been used to buy prophylactics to prevent your existence, you dumbfuck.

These idiots fail to realize that as much people are deluded in the west so there are in any other place.Incessant acquisitions like you have in the west is delusion and that is what is making them to commit murderous acts when they can't afford to keep up.

You are the biggest fool on Planet Earth. . . . .
Without a doubt, your IQ is lower than your shoe-size.

The reason why people like you remain silly is that your minds don't wander,you like to listen and obey the master too much to the point of losing your minds.

My mind does not need to wander to decipher a basic logic.
How can you brand Derrick a terrorist because he snapped and killed 12 people? Do you reason with your testicles or are you being paid to be a plonker on the webspace?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Busybody2(f): 2:17am On Jun 06, 2010
Afam:

Could? Are we not talking specifics here?

Was replying a post.

Couldn't say "Terrorism does have ideological undertones too", because it would seem like one can't exist without the other.

Also couldn't use "Terrorism has ideological undertones too" as I might come across as confrontational and condensingly so

Hence my usage of the polite auxiliary verb "could" grin

See, I am a very very nice and considerate being so wouldn't feel out of place in this Politics section renouned for the friendly jabs and digs that abound in this section. This is the section I best feel at home in, if you ask me  tongue
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 2:25am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Muslims who blow themselves up were brain-washed, belonged to a group of extremists and they were fighting a CAUSE.
The man in question did not belong to any group. . . .He wasn't brainwashed. . . .He only SNAPPED.
The money invested in your education shoulda been used to buy prophylactics to prevent your existence, you dumbfuck.

You are the biggest fool on Planet Earth. . . . .
Without a doubt, your IQ is lower than your shoe-size.

My mind does not need to wander to decipher a basic logic.
How can you brand Derrick a terrorist because he snapped and killed 12 people?  Do you reason with your testicles or are you being paid to be a plonker on the webspace?

You are obviously stupid for not to getting the point before talking rubbish.Does not being brainwashed like you are make it any different from being a terrorist act?He terrorized people by picking up guns and started killing just like any islamist or any wacko will do.

The fact that a terrorist is driven by religious cause does not make him or her different from the one that is driven by mundane stress.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Princek12(m): 2:28am On Jun 06, 2010
According to this slowpoke called Sauron, unless Derrick claims allegiance to Al Qaeda or demonstrates overtly some political motive, he has not committed terrorism, even though he killed twelve people and injured others,  which is a clear and palpable act which most likely was intended to strike fear in the minds of others or was for self-serving purposes.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 2:31am On Jun 06, 2010
Princek12:

According to this slowpoke called Sauron, unless Derrick claims allegiance to Al Qaeda or demonstrates overtly some political motive, he has not committed terrorism, even though he killed twelve people and injured others,  which is a clear and palpable act which most likely was intended to strike fear in the minds of others or was for self-serving purposes.

Shut up, retardo. . . . .
Al Qaeda ain't the only terrorist group on the planet. . . .You are starting to show the low depths of your mental capacity.
Anybody can grab a gun and kill 12 people. . . .any motorist can ram into a school bus and kill school children. . .The motive behind it differentiates a twisted mindfuck and a terrorist!!!

redsun:

You are obviously silly for not to getting the point before talking rubbish.Does not being brainwashed like you are make it any different from being a terrorist act?He terrorized people by picking up guns and started killing just like any islamist or any wacko will do.

Any idiot can grab a gun and start shooting people. . . . .The motive behind it is as important as the crime itself.
By your definition, you are saying all serial killers and all those armed robbers in Nigeria are terrorists?
Abeg, get some perspective. . . .You are embarrassing yourself here.

The fact that a terrorist is driven by religious cause does not make him or her different from the one that is driven by mundane stress.

There's a big difference. . . . .Grab a book and read!!!
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 2:44am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Any idiot can grab a gun and start shooting people. . . . .The motive behind it is as important as the crime itself.
By your definition, you are saying all serial killers and all those armed robbers in Nigeria are terrorists?

Of course they are terrorist bimbo,because they terrorize the people by their actions.Just because there are other oyinbo words for them does not mean they are not terrifying.What happens when a serial killer is on the loose?don't people feel terrified?same as when robbers are on rampage.

You guys don't have intuitive understanding of the words you use,that is why you find it difficult to see deeply,most of you are like tutored chimps,you can't see things differently unless as you are taught to see them.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Princek12(m): 2:59am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Shut up, retardo. . . . .
Al Qaeda ain't the only terrorist group on the planet. . . .You are starting to show the low depths of your mental capacity.
Anybody can grab a gun and kill 12 people. . . .any motorist can ram into a school bus and kill school children. . .The motive behind it differentiates a twisted mindfuck and a terrorist!!!

I said Al Qaeda or a political motive.  You answered your own question yourself, fool. You said "the motive behind [the crime] is as important as the crime itself." So according to you, if his motive is to strike fear into the hearts of others by killing innocent people, then he has committed an act of terror and is therefore a terrorist. He does not have any political motive, for he may have his own selfish motive such as I was picked on as a child. The armed robbers who kill in Nigeria are also terrorists, if their only purpose for killing is to strike fear in the hearts of innocent people so they can steal from them and other people who are more likely to easily yield to the demands of these armed robbers. At that point, the armed robber is committing more than a criminal act, because he can commit armed robbery without killing. But if the armed robber is killing a group of people for the sole purpose of striking fear into others, then the armed robber is committing an act of terror. In this case, Derrick killed them for killing sake, which supports the argument that he did it to strike fear in someone's hearts.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Oba234: 4:02am On Jun 06, 2010
It just shows you that anywhere is dangerous. pray that no evils shall come on you

also, I would classify this guy as a terrorist,
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by papaejima2: 5:18am On Jun 06, 2010
Please @Afam and others, NO POLITICAL MOTIVE, NO TERRORISM. Fact.

And please, stop this your "grammar war" with @elzar or whatever. He is too quarrelsome for my liking but give it to him when it comes to use of english, you can't beat him on that. That does not make you less educated. The most important thing is what you do with your education.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

Of course they are terrorist bimbo,because they terrorize the people by their actions.Just because there are other oyinbo words for them does not mean they are not terrifying.What happens when a serial killer is on the loose?don't people feel terrified?same as when robbers are on rampage.

You guys don't have intuitive understanding of the words you use,that is why you find it difficult to see deeply,most of you are like tutored chimps,you can't see things differently unless as you are taught to see them.

You saying the same thing again, even though I tried to explain to you previously in simple terms:

Dude, again not really looking for a lengthy debate over simple matters.

Let me try and keep it simple. In this day and age, Terrorism is now redefined, or have a new meaning. There is nothing wrong with that. You know, just the same way words evolve over time. For example "Gay" used to be a word meaning "Happy" or "Care free". While, it still mean that, the mainstream application is now to describe a homosexual person.

You see, with the advent of using Religion as a tool for justification for killing people, especially, over the past 10 years or so, the word terrorism appears to have since taken a new definition. I really do not have to explain this, as I feel it is there for all to see.

It is just the same way where the killing of human being have various legal definition - Murder, Manslaughter, Death by Dangerous driving etc. While all of these are noting but fancy name for calling the death and killing of people. The court takes a look at the circumstances behind each death and deals with it according to the law.

My point is that, this dude carried out an act of terror, I am not so sure he is a terrorist in the grand scale of things. A killer? Yes. A deranged Killer? Yeah. But using the explanation I have given you above, I am not so sure I will call him a terrorist myself.

If he's done it calling the name of Jesus and Ogun in the process, and probably left a note behind citing religious reasons, then yes he will fit in with the definition of the new "Terrorist" and as such committed terrorism.

I mean Red sun, this is nothing really, but if you wanna make big fuss out of it. Please be my guest.

In addition to that, Armed robbers, Area boys, Omo onile etc using your logic should be labelled as terrorist, but guess what, the society do not, and the will and stance of the society carries more weight of reason, than yours am afraid.

This nah very simple matter. Choice of words, Definition of a word, the application of the word and in the context it is used as dictated by the society we are in. smiley

This is probably one of the simplest debate I have engaged in on nairaland.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by snizzy01: 8:20am On Jun 06, 2010
whats up with these afam and elrazur guys?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by snowdrops(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2010
The problem is El Razur. The guy has some form of paranoid personality disorder.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 9:01am On Jun 06, 2010
snowdrops:

The problem is El Razur. The guy has some form of paranoid personality disorder.

Thanks. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 06, 2010
I never knew lawlessness is so rampant in the so-developed countries like this.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 9:21am On Jun 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I never knew lawlessness is so rampant in the so-developed countries like this.

You are one funny guy.

Lawlessness is when Deji of Akure beats the living day light out of his wife, and nothing happens to him.

Lawlessness is when one of your law makers is there sleeping with a minor, and he goes unpunished. Even more lawlessness is when he claims to be above the law of the country, and only guided by sharia.

Lawlessness is when known killers and corrupt officials are left unpunished, then allowed to run for a public office - IBB.

Lawlessness is when the police are overwhelmed by area boys from arresting a common criminal like Ibori.

Lawlessness is when.   .    .    .    .    .

I am sure you get the idea. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by remoranger(m): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2010
frustration really is a strange bird fellow
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2010
Forgive me Nairalanders,for i am not FIT to comment where intellectual heavyweights and demi-Gods rule this thread.

Am a mere mortal!
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Ranoscky(m): 11:29am On Jun 06, 2010
This thread is for Elrazur and Afam, i don't know y u guy's decided to interupt. . .  now the thread is no more interestin!  angry . . . . .*opens the door of the thread, slams it with force and navigate's to another thread with anger*
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 06, 2010
Ranoscky:

This thread is for Elrazur and Afam, i don't know y u guy's decided to interupt. . .  now the thread is no more interestin! angry . . . . .*opens the door of the thread, slams it with force and navigate the another thread with anger*

?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2010
^^

"Navigate to another thread in anger. . . . "

Or something along those lines.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2010
ElRazur:

You saying the same thing again, even though I tried to explain to you previously in simple terms:

In addition to that, Armed robbers, Area boys, Omo onile etc using your logic should be labelled as terrorist, but guess what, the society do not, and the will and stance of the society carries more weight of reason, than yours am afraid.

This nah very simple matter. Choice of words, Definition of a word, the application of the word and in the context it is used as dictated by the society we are in.  smiley

This is probably one of the simplest debate I have engaged in on nairaland.

You are trying to explain what you don't understand and that can only make sense to the birds.

The fact that the overriding society that you unconsciously and subjectively believe in thinks that an action that impacts the same physical,emotional and traumatic effects on the victims and society at large can be termed differently based on the race,religion,intentions,creeds etc of the assumed of person or persons that carried out the action,does not make it right,get that straight into your head.

The actions of the said man was not in anyway different from the actions of the mumbai terrorists massacre that took place not long ago in india,but in his own case,he was a one man squad terrorist with grudges against the society that meticulously kept those guns for so long waiting for the right time that he is had enough to take out the people that he hates and the unlucky passers by along with his sad self,same things proclaimed terrorist does

If i may ask you,what does your people call terror and terrorist in your language? I bet you won't know that and that explains why you are lost like so many africans who speaks in the languages they don't understand,it is meaningless hence the dormancy among africans because the languages they interact with and think they understand does not have any intuitive perceptions and views that drives a language,a typical case of gibbering.

Animals like dolphins are more evolved in everyday practical communications than average africans and that explains why they are able to navigate the massive oceans, keep their young and maintain communities(pods) for millions of years.Communication is way more than the word of mouth.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Ranoscky(m): 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2010
@ElRazur, thanx for correcting ma mistake, thaz was exactly what i meant! wink
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by hackney(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2010
The rate at which threads are derailed is an accurate indication that
the average Nigeian cannot concentrate.
(laff wan kill me o)

As individuals we break records and boundaries but as a team (of even 2 people),
nigerians are useless.
Everybody is right till the team breaks down and enemies are made instead of friends.

Useless country.
mscheeeww.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Brought Gsm To Nigeria?abacha/obasanjo? / Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) / Haiti gangs: More than 50,000 flee capital after surge in violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.