Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (10971 Views)

Shooting Spree Kills Six In Santa Monica, California / 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / Should Guns Be Outlawed In America. Another Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by mamagee3(f): 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2010
^^I'll take that as a compliment. wink

Thanks.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2010
If he was just a trouble man that was fed up of the race,he should have gone before a train like most of them do, but because he hated the world,just like an average islamist do,he took his time to plan the whole scenario and made sure he killed as many as possible before he went,that is plain terrorism,your seeing it differently is because like i said before you have been schooled to believe that an act of terror like that by an english can be seen as been different from an act of terror by a fed up moslem.

The people of that area will never feel the same again,at the back of their mind,at any given time,they will be thinking of such a thing occurring again and that is what terrorism does.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
Redsun, can please drop these condescending approach? Play nice please. smiley

I don't understand you, I have shown that I share you view, and that I have other views as well. Is that such a bad thing? 

Here let me give you another simple example.

People who are armed to the teeth and rob travellers of their belongings are what exactly? After all they strike fear into the lives of their victims and the society in general isn't?

Using your logic, there these people will be called Terrorist right? Well, you may be right, but the general society at large and the court of law see them as nothing but mere Armed robbers.

You may once again not agree with this, but these are the way things are dictated in the society.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 05, 2010
redsun:

If he was just a trouble man that was fed up of the race,he should have gone before a train like most of them do, but because he hated the world,just like an average islamist do,he took his time to plan the whole scenario and made sure he killed as many as possible before he went,that is plain terrorism,your seeing it differently is because like i said before you have been schooled to believe that an act of terror like that by an english can be seen as been different from an act of terror by a fed up moslem.

The people of that area will never feel the same again,at the back of their mind,at any given time,they will be thinking of such a thing occurring again and that is what terrorism does.

Okay he was a terrorist ( now late ) but his action is a rarity that occurs every 30 - 40 years here in the UK.

On the other hand ---------------- terror is a daily occurence . ( Please fill in the blank , lol.  grin )
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2010
mama-gee:

That sucks. . .

That's very rare of England, I mean I'm not saying there are no shooters or killers and even evil people.

But I'm just stating that the British aren't known for being that devilish and violent.

Americans are the ones who've got the stereotype of being violent and rude not the English men.

That's really sad!

I wouldn't say they aren't known for being that devlisih and violent, though I get where you're coming from, rather, such an act would be considered a rarity in England, honestly when I'd heard it about it I was absolutely gobsmacked
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
We all live in the same world and until we begin to see injustices,plights,delusions as the same,race,colour,locations and causes notwithstanding,peace can never reign.

The same reason why far rights,skin head heads,neo nazis get away with murderous acts and hateful incitements because they are seen as mere racist not terrorists that they really are.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2010
redsun:

We all live in the same world and until we begin to see injustices,plights,delusions as the same,race,colour,locations and causes notwithstanding,peace can never reign.

The same reason why far rights,skin head heads,neo nazis get away with murderous acts and hateful incitements because they are seen as mere racist not terrorists that they really are.

Very weird that you won't even see another man's view point, but yours.

Even more weird that you are appear to be giving a "I have a dream" type speech.

undecided
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2010
ElRazur:

Using your logic, there these people will be called Terrorist right? Well, you may be right, but the general society at large and the court of law see them as nothing but mere Armed robbers.

You may once again not agree with this, but these are the way things are dictated in the society.

I think it is you that should change your views,just because the conventional society and laws that are not infallible thinks or sees things in certain ways does not means they are right.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2010
redsun:

I think it is you that should change your views,just because the conventional society and laws that are not infallible thinks or sees things in certain ways does not means they are right.

I was expecting you to answer my question. Can you do that please?

So I should change my view, simply because I do not agree with the society?

Hmm Okay, you are right. Only that while my views are changed, the fact of the matter remains. These folks in the example I gave are still seen as nothing but Armed robbers, and not the Terrorist, even though your logic will suggest they are Terrorist and the root cause of Terrorism. smiley

Coming back to the debate at hand, Mr Derrick Bird -The killer - is not seen as a terrorist by the larger members of the society. A few people trying hard to be different like yourselves won't make any different at this time am afraid.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Busybody2(f): 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2010
@ El

I will try one more time, you are right "basically means essentially", but the "basically" can also be substituted with most/mostly/almost so Afam is right too wink

"Basically" everyone has learnt . . .  was used in the context "Almost" everyone has learnt i.e. majority . . . wink

Now the two of you are part of my personal persons on NL so abeg you both need to let this slide and stop following each other from thread to thread making snide comments and deriding each other biko nunu undecided

And whilst you are at it, abeg don't kill redsun with commonsense mba grin
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2010
They are armed robbers that terrorized people,same terrorism comes into play init?Terror is terror,which ever way you toy with it.FEAR.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 11:26pm On Jun 05, 2010
Thanks BB. I have moved on.

Please accept my apology. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2010
redsun:

They are armed robbers that terrorized people,same terrorism comes into play init?Terror is terror,which ever way you toy with it.FEAR.

Red sun, I get your point.

But to say he committed terrorism is far fetched in my opinon. Anyway, I hear you. No biggie. smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2010
Words could be infinite.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Jeboy(m): 11:51pm On Jun 05, 2010
Nairalanders will not talk now but if it happens in naija u ll see evil comments on d country, govt. etc 2 many pessimist in naija dat ll always doubt like d man that said even if the gate of heaven is open what elisha prophecy cant happen.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Princek12(m): 11:58pm On Jun 05, 2010
Mamagee,

I actually think it's the reverse. I believe UK has more terrorists than America because UK has more percentage of Muslims with respect to its population, which makes it easier to spread extreme Islamic teachings. Mutallab, Richard Reid, among many other terrorists, were all militarized in the UK.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 12:07am On Jun 06, 2010
ElRazur:

Red sun, I get your point.

But to say he committed terrorism is far fetched in my opinon. Anyway, I hear you.  No biggie. smiley

Redsun is just an illiterate. . . .
How did Derrick Bird commit terrorism? A guy loses it upstairs and went on rampage with a shotgun and killed 12 people.
How is that terrorism FCOL?

What are we producing in Nigeria these days?
Half-baked nitwits?
If anyone mentions terror here, i will piss in his nostrils.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by bgees(m): 12:12am On Jun 06, 2010
Basically vs Essentially
=

Chuck Liddel vs Kimbo Slice.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 12:16am On Jun 06, 2010
Princek12:

Mamagee,

I actually think it's the reverse. I believe UK has more terrorists than America because UK has more percentage of Muslims with respect to its population, which makes it easier to spread extreme Islamic teachings. Mutallab, Richard Reid, among many other terrorists, were all militarized in the UK.

Stop talking via your arse.
What is the population of the UK in comparison to Continental US?
60 million vs 250 million and you are saying UK have more terrorists? Come on. . . . .
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by bgees(m): 12:23am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Redsun is just an illiterate. . . .
How did Derrick Bird commit terrorism? 

because he brought terror. I bring terror, I am a terrorist.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Busybody2(f): 12:29am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

60 million vs 250 million and you are saying UK have more terrorists? Come on. . . . .

Easy tiger cheesy You missed out the "Q" word. He used the qualifier "with respect" so sheath your freshly painted talons grin Didn't think bright orange nail varnish would suit you though tongue Come oh, no more nightly night vigils, i still ain't fully saved y'know grin Here's one for the road leading to mine tonight kiss

ElRazur:

Thanks BB. I have moved on.

Please accept my apology. smiley

Apology ke, you mean you committed a crime against me and I didn't joyously torture and punish you for it, I must be going soft in the head  angry What was your crime again, i might have been too lenient on the mere "just don't let that happen again" verdict tongue Just joking ni oh kiss :
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 12:38am On Jun 06, 2010
bgees:

because he brought terror. I bring terror, I am a terrorist.

He is a bloody illiterate for using the word "terrorism" loosely. . . .

For any act of terrorism to be established, there has to be a political motive.
Terrorists use violence to achieve political goals. . . . .If there are no political motives in it, it's NOT terrorism.
By the same token, all serial killers, car-jackers, kidnappers and even classy hookers are terrorists? Which makes Clifford Orji a terrorist. grin cheesy
Cheese n Rice. . . . .Someone just scaled the height of STUPIDITY. . . . . .

Busy_body:

Easy tiger cheesy You missed out the "Q" word. He used the qualifier "with respect" so sheath your freshly painted talons grin

Even with his "WITH RESPECT" qualifier, it is still a daft statement to make.
There are more MUSLIMS in America  than anywhere in Europe. . . .
Besides, who says Russians and Neo-Nazis don't join the party when they wish to?

Didn't think bright orange nail varnish would suit you though tongue Come oh, no more nightly night vigils, i still ain't fully saved y'know grin Here's one for the road leading to mine tonight kiss

May God open your spiritual eyes.
Alcohol is killing you gradually.
That is ALL.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Princek12(m): 12:54am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Think before you talk. I said UK has more percentage of muslims with respect to its population
Busy_body:

Easy tiger cheesy You missed out the "Q" word. He used the qualifier "with respect" so sheath your freshly painted talons grin Didn't think bright orange nail varnish would suit you though tongue Come oh, no more nightly night vigils, i still ain't fully saved y'know grin Here's one for the road leading to mine tonight kiss

Apology ke, you mean you committed a crime against me and I didn't joyously torture and punish you for it, I must be going soft in the head  angry What was your crime again, i might have been too lenient on the mere "just don't let that happen again" verdict tongue Just joking ni oh kiss :

Based on your response, you probably did well in school, especially on multiple choice exams because you read and analyzed the entire statement before picking your answer. You said it is a daft statement to make, however. When you have a higher percentage of Muslims in an area, especially a smaller area like UK, it is easier to militarize other Muslims and easier to spread extremist views. In the U.S., Muslims are widely spread, and you rarely see any mosques around. The Muslim community in the U.S. is not as close knit as that of the U.K. Many U.K. schools have Muslim organizations, such as the one Mutallab joined. You cannot say the same for the U.S.
~Sauron~:

Based on your response, you are one of those people who have failed exams not because they did not know the answer, but because they picked the wrong answer (the attractive answer) after reading the first sentence, and before reading the entire paragraph. Get your ish right.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 1:03am On Jun 06, 2010
Princek12:

Think before you talk. I said UK has more percentage of muslims with respect to its population

When you make such idiotic statements, back it with facts. . . .
Show us raw numbers and the demography not just a germ of a an idea discussed in a local pub.

Based on your response, you are one of those people who have failed exams not because they did not know the answer, but because they picked the wrong answer (the attractive answer) after reading the first sentence, and before reading the entire paragraph. Get your ish right.

Heap of applesauce. . . . .
How does this affect the price of fish?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Princek12(m): 1:11am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Show us raw numbers and the demography not just a germ of a an idea discussed in a local pub.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Muslim_population
In the U.S., the Muslim population is 0.8% of the total population; in the U.K., it is 2.7% of the total population (which is more than 3 percentage fold more than the U.S.). Also consider, the land mass of the U.S. is bigger than that of the U.K., so Muslims in U.K. are in much more close proximity than Muslims in the U.S., which is conducive for spreading extreme views.

It does not affect the price of fish, but it shows how you reason!
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Princek12(m): 1:11am On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

In the U.S., the Muslim population is 0.8% of the total population; in the U.K., it is 2.7% of the total population (which is more than 3 percentage fold more than the U.S.). Also consider, the land mass of the U.S. is bigger than that of the U.K., so Muslims in U.K. are in much more close proximity than Muslims in the U.S., which is conducive for spreading extreme views.
~Sauron~:

Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by kponmo: 1:12am On Jun 06, 2010
The rate of sick, retarded people working down the streets of uk especially whites are extremely high, they smoke weed, drink, heroine, high drugs and misbehave in the streets of uk is bad, not to talk about the high rates of knive killings, just dont be deceived by  their smile, only God would save us, things like this can never happen in 9ja, even upon till mad people walking in the streets of 9ja, so beware who you laugh with when u in uk, cheers.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Busybody2(f): 1:19am On Jun 06, 2010
Princek12:

Based on your response, you probably did well in school, especially on multiple choice exams because you read and analyzed the entire statement before picking your answer. You said it is a daft statement to make, however. When you have a higher percentage of Muslims in an area, especially a smaller area like UK, it is easier to militarize other Muslims and easier to spread extremist views. In the U.S., Muslims are widely spread, and you rarely see any mosques around. The Muslim community in the U.S. is not as close knit as that of the U.K. Many U.K. schools have Muslim organizations, such as the one Mutallab joined. You cannot say the same for the U.S.

Aren't you supposed to be refering to Sauron here undecided I ALREADY UNDERSTAND THE POINT YOU ARE TRYING TO DRIVE AT I.E. UK HAS A LARGER POOL OR CONCENTRATION OF LOOSE CANNON MUSLIMS COMPARED TO THE UNITED STATES. After the 911 issue, the possibility of leavng USA for another Country was been bandied around in Asian circles due to the hostility being meted out to them, compared to its 7/7 equivalent in UK with Jack Straw leafletting London with a "The Muslims are your friends literature the second day after it happened. Leading to the radicals amongst them capitalising on UK's soft touch approach and declaring they would not rest until they see the flag of Islam flying over Buckingham Palace, demanding for equal rights, burning Uk and US flags in public, etc

~Sauron~:

He is a bloody illiterate for using the word "terrorism" loosely. . . .

Even with his "WITH RESPECT" qualifier, it is still a daft statement to make.
There are more MUSLIMS in America  than anywhere in Europe. . . .
Besides, who says Russians and Neo-Nazis don't join the party when they wish to?

May God open your spiritual eyes.
Alcohol is killing you gradually.
That is ALL.

That is ALL ke, you mean I can be fully saved with no laying of hands cos if memory serves me right, we haven't gotten to that part yet during those vigils cry

Haven't touched alcohol ever, yet, though i intend to try "everything" once tongue
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 1:20am On Jun 06, 2010
Princek12:

Firstly, only a retard shows wikipedia link as his proof. . . . .any fool can put anything on wikipedia.
America cannot say the  exact number of muslims in their country. . . . .
They have been guessing since the Sep 11 bombings so you can make fuckever outta that. . . .

And your smart reasoning is going to Wikipedia to tell me America's got ONLY 0.8% of the total population as MUSLIMS.
You are a tool!!!
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 1:21am On Jun 06, 2010
Busy_body:

@ El

I will try one more time, you are right "basically means essentially", but the "basically" can also be substituted with most/mostly/almost so Afam is right too wink

"Basically" everyone has learnt . . .  was used in the context  "Almost" everyone has learnt i.e. majority . . . wink

Elrazor is unintelligent with very low level of reasoning - fact.

Argues blindly, lies effortlessly and indeed does not have any shame. Someone who is wrong in over 80% of debates here on this forum and hardly admits it has a huge problem and his over bloated ego makes it worse. Talk of a foolish person trying to show how smart he is.

@topic,

What is the definition of terrorism?

That some misguided people here have chosen to see terrorism via tribal, racial or religious prisms is their own cup of tea and that does not change the meaning of the word.

Any act that strikes terror in people is an act of terrorism regardless of the person, group or nation involved.

If this man was a muslim a lot of you that are now trying to redefine terrorism would have summarily concluded that he was a terrorist and killed those people because islam supported the killings.

When will the hypocrisy and double standards stop?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 1:29am On Jun 06, 2010
Afam:

That some misguided people here have chosen to see terrorism via tribal, racial or religious prisms is their own cup of tea and that does not change the meaning of the word.

Any act that strikes terror in people is an act of terrorism regardless of the person, group or nation involved.

If this man was a muslim a lot of you that are now trying to redefine terrorism would have summarily concluded that he was a terrorist and killed those people because islam supported the killings.

Stop displaying your ignorance on the public forum. . . .
Your kids will read this comment in few years time and they wouldn't be proud. . . .

Without a political goal/motive, terrorism cannot be established.
Serial Killers endanger lives and terrorise the neighbourhood they hit, they are NOT terrorists. . . .
If this man was a Muslim, he wouldn't be branded a terrorist. . . .

Some Muslim dudes(serial killers) in Blackpool used human meat for Kebab some years ago. . . .No one branded em TERRORISTS.
Without a political undertone, you cannot establish TERRORISM.
Stop spreading chaff here. . . .
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 06, 2010
Afam:

Elrazor is unintelligent with very low level of reasoning - fact.

Argues blindly, lies effortlessly and indeed does not have any shame. Someone who is wrong in over 80% of debates here on this forum and hardly admits it has a huge problem and his over bloated ego makes it worse. Talk of a foolish person trying to show how smart he is.

@topic,

^^^^ This one will just be throwing the hypocrite word any how. grin. Terrorism has political undertones which fits the bill of Osama and his ilk not Mr. Bird.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) / Brazil Census Shows African-brazilians In The Majority For The First Time / Haiti gangs: More than 50,000 flee capital after surge in violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.