Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,242 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree (10964 Views)

Shooting Spree Kills Six In Santa Monica, California / 4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / Should Guns Be Outlawed In America. Another Shooting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Afam(m): 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2010
papa ejima:

Please @Afam and others, NO POLITICAL MOTIVE, NO TERRORISM. Fact.

Your opinion and conclusion do not represent any fact. You are way too wrong on this.

papa ejima:

And please, stop this your "grammar war" with @elzar or whatever. He is too quarrelsome for my liking but give it to him when it comes to use of english, you can't beat him on that. That does not make you less educated. The most important thing is what you do with your education.

I laugh in pidgin, that someone has a better command of english language than you does not mean he has a better command than others. There are basic rules in english language and he runs foul of these rules time and time again and he usually claims they are typos even when they are not.

Elrazor is simply an ignorant clown that has a very low level of reasoning.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

You are trying to explain what you don't understand and that can only make sense to the birds.

You mean "Tell it to the birds of the skies"? Yeah, that one is from James Hadley Chase's Crime thriller. Very original. smiley

Very daft of you to keep saying "you don't understand blah blah blah" when your view point is forever challenged and ripped apart. smiley

The fact that the overriding society that you unconsciously and subjectively believe in thinks that an action that impacts the same physical,emotional and traumatic effects on the victims and society at large can be termed differently based on the race,religion,intentions,creeds etc of the assumed of person or persons that carried out the action,does not make it right,get that straight into your head.

In Ethics and Law, Law is said to be perceived in some instances as not fair, but the law is still the law. While you may not agree with the stance of the society on certain issue, the view of the society remains unchanged.

For example I do not agree with paying taxes, but I am bound by the laws of the land to pay them. Get it?

You see using your logic,[b] by the laws and stance of the land in which this killings happened, it is not termed as a terrorist act. [/b]Merely, "a rampage" etc. I suppose you know better than the people of the UK right? Awesome.

Disagreeing with the stance, or looking for justification to back up your very weak points, are nothing but your problem. The society as it stand have the view that he is not a terrorist.  smiley

The actions of the said man was not in anyway different from the actions of the mumbai terrorists massacre that took place not long ago in india,but in his own case,he was a one man squad terrorist with grudges against the society that meticulously kept those guns for so long waiting for the right time that he is had enough to take out the people that he hates and the unlucky passers by along with his sad self,same things proclaimed terrorist does

What a load of non-sense. Seriously, what a load of non-sense. He's a licensed gun user for over 5 years, are you trying to suggest he knew what he wanted to do all along?  Please let's not start making things up.

Again, I am forced to correct you here you see. Terrorism have a political ideology attached to it - like it was mentioned to you before - and it usually comes in this day and age with a form of religious notion of some kind.

Please go back and the read the original story of Derrick Bird killings, he had problems with his families - an ongoing family feud of jealousy and envy. To keep suggesting he is a terrorist, when the majority of the society and law of the land disagrees with you is just a joke on you. I think you may want to have the birds of the skies to agree with you on this one, because seriously, you appear to be alone here.

If i may ask you,what does your people call terror and terrorist in your language? I bet you won't know that and that explains why you are lost like so many africans who speaks in the languages they don't understand,it is meaningless hence the dormancy among africans because the languages they interact with and think they understand does not have any intuitive perceptions and views that drives a language,a typical case of gibbering.

Before we get all tribalistic - not sure if this is your goal - but allow me to stop you there and ask you this: What is  the connection between the price of tea in Bangladesh and Vocal slender playing in London tonight?   Please stick to the issue at hand. You know, the classification of Mr Derrick Bird's crime as to whether it is a Terrorist act or not.

Animals like dolphins are more evolved in everyday practical communications that average africans and that explains why they are able to navigate the massive oceans, keep their young and maintain communities for millions of years.Communication is way more than the word of mouth.

Yeah I agree a dolphin is probably smarter than you undecided. WTF.

I am not even gonna bother with the above quote. It makes no sense and irrelevant to the debate at hand.  smiley
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by otokx(m): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2010
Why is this on the front page? Where any Nigerians involved? What is happening in this Nairaland again?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by snowdrops(m): 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2010
hackney:

The rate at which threads are derailed is an accurate indication that
the average Nigeian cannot concentrate.
(laff wan kill me o)

As individuals we break records and boundaries but as a team (of even 2 people),
nigerians are useless.
Everybody is right till the team breaks down and enemies are made instead of friends.

Useless country.
mscheeeww.
Weldone my friend. I dont blame them. Its the moderators fault. They are all asleep. Some persons only agenda is to derail threads and turn it into a theater of war. End of day the topic itself is hardly discussed.

Any person derailing a thread should be BANNED from that thread.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

Of course they are terrorist bimbo,because they terrorize the people by their actions.Just because there are other oyinbo words for them does not mean they are not terrifying.What happens when a serial killer is on the loose?don't people feel terrified?same as when robbers are on rampage.

You guys don't have intuitive understanding of the words you use,that is why you find it difficult to see deeply,most of you are like tutored chimps,you can't see things differently unless as you are taught to see them.

You have a warped logic. . . .

So a Lion breaks out of the zoo and kills two children in Sphinx Estate.
The neighbourhood is terrified cos the Lion is still yet to be found and they don't know when the Lion might strike again.

Going by your moronic theory, the Lion is a terrorist because it terrifies. grin grin grin grin grin grin
I need to buy you artificial intelligence. . . . . grin grin grin grin

Princek12:

I said Al Qaeda or a political motive.  You answered your own question yourself, fool. You said "the motive behind [the crime] is as important as the crime itself." So according to you, if his motive is to strike fear into the hearts of others by killing innocent people, then he has committed an act of terror and is therefore a terrorist. He does not have any political motive, for he may have his own selfish motive such as I was picked on as a child.

Stop displaying sheer ignorance. . . . .
Every violent crime terrorizes the neighbourhood. . . . .That includes ra[i]p[/i]e, robbery, burglary, etc.

So a s[i]e[/i]x offender leaves Prison and moves back into his house. . . .His neighbours are terrified cos of what he might do to their children or their daughters. . . . . Does that make the s[i]e[/i]x offender a terrorist?
Are you from the land of Philistines?

The armed robbers who kill in Nigeria are also terrorists, if their only purpose for killing is to strike fear in the hearts of innocent people so they can steal from them and other people who are more likely to easily yield to the demands of these armed robbers. At that point, the armed robber is committing more than a criminal act, because he can commit armed robbery without killing. But if the armed robber is killing a group of people for the sole purpose of striking fear into others, then the armed robber is committing an act of terror. In this case, Derrick killed them for killing sake, which supports the argument that he did it to strike fear in someone's hearts.

Armed robbers are not terrorists, you stark illiterate.
He is what he is. . . .an ARMED ROBBER. You can never equate any violent crime with TERRORISM.

Stop clutching at straws. . . . .Without a political motive, there is no TERRORISM.
You should sue your teachers/lecturers in School. . . . . .They did an awful job on your mental development. grin grin
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by tomiko1: 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2010
that is so sad. dont know what drives people to do such a horrible thing.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

You have a warped logic. . . .

So a Lion breaks out of the zoo and kills two children in Sphinx Estate.
The neighbourhood is terrified cos the Lion is still yet to be found and they don't know when the Lion might strike again.

Going by your moronic theory, the Lion is a terrorist because it terrifies. grin grin grin grin grin grin
I need to buy you artificial intelligence. . . . . grin grin grin grin

Stop displaying sheer ignorance. . . . .
Every violent crime terrorizes the neighbourhood. . . . .That includes ra[i]p[/i]e, robbery, burglary, etc.

So a s[i]e[/i]x offender leaves Prison and moves back into his house. . . .His neighbours are terrified cos of what he might do to their children or their daughters. . . . . Does that make the s[i]e[/i]x offender a terrorist?
Are you from the land of Philistines?

Armed robbers are not terrorists, you stark illiterate.
He is what he is. . . .an ARMED ROBBER. You can never equate any violent crime with TERRORISM.

Stop clutching at straws. . . . .Without a political motive, there is no TERRORISM.
You should sue your teachers/lecturers in School. . . . . .They did an awful job on your mental development. grin grin

You are stupidly confuse,we are not talking masai open grassland plain here mind you,ode

Terrorism is a violent act,armed robbery is a violent,the perpertrators always have ideologys behind them,politcal or not,to be defiant
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

You stupidly confuse,we are talking masai open plain here mind you,ode

Masai open plain? Are you an idiot?
U have never heard of wild animals breaking out of Zoo to terrorise the neighbouring communities in developed countries?
U have not heard of Crocs/Gators attacking humans in Florida and claiming lives? So those Crocs are terrorists?
By the powers conferred on me by Seun(The Admin). . . . .I hereby declare YOU ARE THE BIGGEST PLONKER ON THIS FORUM.

Terrorism is a violent act,armed robbery is a violent,the perpertrators always have ideologys behind them,politcal or not,to be defiant

Terrorism is a violent act but there has to be a Political undertone behind it to establish Terrorism.
U cannot tell me serial r[i]a[/i]pists or P[i]e[/i]dophiles are terrorists because people are terrified of them.
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .Admit you are wrong and stop spewing bunkum in the name of being stubborn.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by 4Play(m): 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Terrorism is a violent act but there has to be a Political undertone behind it to establish Terrorism.
U cannot tell me serial r[i]a[/i]pists or a P[i]e[/i]dophiles are terrorists because people are terrified of them.
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .Admit you are wrong and stop spewing bunkum in the name of being stubborn.

To Fabregas, Anderson is a terrorist.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Ranoscky(m): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2010
thread of insult!
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2010
4 Play:

Joke of the day. We can close this thread now. Sir, you rock. grin
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 2:12pm On Jun 06, 2010
4 Play:

You are also a terrorist cos your jokes terrorize me. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Ranoscky(m): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2010
^^Man united is a terrorist b'cos they tried to terrify chelsea just b'cos of 1 point to clinch the premiership cup  grin
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Masai open plain? Are you an idiot?
U have never heard of wild animals breaking out of Zoo to terrorise the neighbouring communities in developed countries?
U have not heard of Crocs/Gators attacking humans in Florida and claiming lives? So those Crocs are terrorists?
By the powers conferred on me by Seun(The Admin). . . . .I hereby declare YOU ARE THE BIGGEST PLONKER ON THIS FORUM.

U cannot tell me serial r[i]a[/i]pists or a P[i]e[/i]dophiles are terrorists because people are terrified of them.

No wonder you are stupid,you think of yourself as a wild animal.

Like every other thing,you centre your little mind on a small potion of what political agendas could mean.Man is a political animal,whether he is acting by himself or in a group,whatever is propelling him to be defiant against the society is his political agenda,deluded or not,paedophile or an islamist not withstanding.

You guys should open your clustered minds to see things on bigger perspectives
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

You guys?

Come on man, you are making a big deal of a minor matter. It is very simple, yet you make it hard for yourself. Can you not see as people have turned your logic into a joke?

Give it up already. Mr Derrick, do not fall into the classification of a terrorist. undecided This have been explained to you in the simplest of all terms. Nah wah o.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

No wonder you are silly,you think of yourself as a wild animal.

What has this gotta do with the issue?

Like every other thing,you centre your little mind on a small potion of what political agendas could mean.Man is a political animal,whether he is acting by himself or in a group,whatever is propelling him to be defiant against the society is his political agenda,deluded or not,paedophile or an islamist not withstanding.

I think you need to write your own dictionary. . . . .
U still don't get it and i don't think you can EVER get it.

So you want us to open our minds that every violent crime is TERRORISM? Anything that also terrifies is also TERRORISM?
Pit-Bulls are also terrorists cos they terrorize people. . . . .People are scared of what they might do when they break LOOSE.

Redsun, give up!!!
You are starting to embarrass yourself.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2010
ElRazur:

You mean "Tell it to the birds of the skies"? Yeah, that one is from James Hadley Chase's Crime thriller. Very original. smiley

Very daft of you to keep saying "you don't understand blah blah blah" when your view point is forever challenged and ripped apart. smiley

In Ethics and Law, Law is said to be perceived in some instances as not fair, but the law is still the law. While you may not agree with the stance of the society on certain issue, the view of the society remains unchanged.

For example I do not agree with paying taxes, but I am bound by the laws of the land to pay them. Get it?

You see using your logic,[b] by the laws and stance of the land in which this killings happened, it is not termed as a terrorist act. [/b]Merely, "a rampage" etc. I suppose you know better than the people of the UK right? Awesome.

Disagreeing with the stance, or looking for justification to back up your very weak points, are nothing but your problem. The society as it stand have the view that he is not a terrorist.  smiley

What a load of non-sense. Seriously, what a load of non-sense. He's a licensed gun user for over 5 years, are you trying to suggest he knew what he wanted to do all along?  Please let's not start making things up.

Again, I am forced to correct you here you see. Terrorism have a political ideology attached to it - like it was mentioned to you before - and it usually comes in this day and age with a form of religious notion of some kind.

Please go back and the read the original story of Derrick Bird killings, he had problems with his families - an ongoing family feud of jealousy and envy. To keep suggesting he is a terrorist, when the majority of the society and law of the land disagrees with you is just a joke on you. I think you may want to have the birds of the skies to agree with you on this one, because seriously, you appear to be alone here.

Before we get all tribalistic - not sure if this is your goal - but allow me to stop you there and ask you this: What is  the connection between the price of tea in Bangladesh and Vocal slender playing in London tonight?   Please stick to the issue at hand. You know, the classification of Mr Derrick Bird's crime as to whether it is a Terrorist act or not.

Yeah I agree a dolphin is probably smarter than you undecided. WTF.

I am not even gonna bother with the above quote. It makes no sense and irrelevant to the debate at hand.  smiley

Tell it to the birds in this case means tell it to birds brain like you that dreads to see things outside the box.

Secondly,there is nothing you are saying here that you have not said before trying to justify your delusion that the act of terrorism can mean something else just because the english laws and language says so forgetting that this forum is open to opinions and views that are not based on english laws and language.

As for referring you to your tribal language,i am trying to jolt you back to reality,maybe you will get a hint that terror and terrorism could mean something different other than what the english laws and language 'technically' says it is but because people like you as a result of inherent indoctrinations and imperialism that defines your life,your language is almost a thing of the past and you are therefore no more in the position to have the instinctive abilities to have your views or make decisions of what things might and could be,hence my reference to dolphine who by all the scientific evidences abound are more intuitively in-tuned to their own world,than an average african like you.They see the world in their own eyes and very much unlike you,whos theories and ethics of what the world is are based solely on the english man's views and laws.

Can't you see you are silly?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Kol: 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2010
should we leave this thread for redsun and sauron??
Guys let's be matured and stop all the insults and make reasonable contribution to the thread. if you are not sure how to do so just stop writing. thanks for your understanding.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2010
Kol:

should we leave this thread for redsun and sauron??
Guys let's be matured and stop all the insults and make reasonable contribution to the thread. if you are not sure how to do so just stop writing. thanks for your understanding.

It seems you function on a single digit IQ.
U were advertising fake shoes on the thread and you have the gall to say we should be mature?
Have you shown any iota of maturity yourself?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Kol: 3:25pm On Jun 06, 2010
you are right and I did that in error.

but you are doing yours on purpose. i would advise you watch your language and maybe your back too.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Kol: 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2010
and by the way those shoes are not fake. Pardon me, I forgot to ask what your IQ was, would you know how many digits they are? i hope u don't mind me asking?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2010
Kol:

you are right and I did that in error.
but you are doing yours on purpose. i would advise you watch your language and maybe your back too.

Which convinces me you are a retard.
Granted, you did in error. . . . .What then stopped you from modifying/deleting it completely?
If the MODS see that, you will be banned.

Kol:

and by the way those shoes are not fake.  Pardon me, I forgot to ask what your IQ was,  would you know how many digits they are? i hope u don't mind me asking?

They look FAKE to me.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by ElRazur: 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

Tell it to the birds in this case means tell it to birds brain like you that dreads to see things outside the box.

I am trying to makes sense of that, but it is hurting my head. undecided I am sure it makes sense to you though. Keep it up. smiley

Secondly,there is nothing you are saying here that you have not said before trying to justify your delusion that the act of terrorism can mean something else just because the english laws and language says so forgetting that this forum is open to opinions and views that are not based on english laws and language.

The problem here is that most are pointing out the same thing to you, but it appears you just won't see it.

So now, you turn on the English law and English language. Yet you communicate in English language to try and reclassify a crime that happens in an English land where English law prevails? shocked  

Yeah I respect views and opinion, but then don't get sensitive when your opinions are challenged simply because they are just daft. smiley  

As for referring you to your tribal language,i am trying to jolt you back to reality,maybe you will get a hint that terror and terrorism could mean something different other than what the english laws and language 'technically' says it is but because people like you as a result of inherent indoctrinations and imperialism that defines your life,your language is almost a thing of the past and you are therefore no more in the position to have the instinctive abilities to have your views or make decisions of what things might and could be,hence my reference to dolphine who by all the scientific evidences abound are more intuitively in-tuned to their own world,than an average african like you.They see the world in their own eyes and very much unlike you,whos theories and ethics of what the world is are based solely on the english man's views and laws.

Seriously, I am not following you. So you are still saying Dolphins are smarter than your average African or something?

So you managed to turn this into a race/tribe issue. shocked LWKMD.

Can't you see you are silly?

Says a man who says Dolphins are more intelligent that Africans. Oh dear god, please save us from logic like this.  undecided

No wonder Sauron ain't holding back on you. undecided undecided
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2010
Average african in this case means you that fail to see beyond your nose.

As for sauron or whatever you call him,he is irrelevant since he see himself as wild animal
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

As for sauron or whatever you call him,he is irrelevant since he see himself as wild animal

This simpleton still bleats?
Are you not ashamed of yourself? U told us anything that terrifies/terrorizes is a TERRORIST?
I gave examples of animals that have terrorized their respective neighbourhood and all you could do is run with your tails between your legs.

If you marry a dunderhead like you, you will produce idiots.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Kol: 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2010
thanks Sauron.  how about the answer to my question around your IQ.  I see you are very comfortable with abusive words. is that from your early upbringing or did you inherit that as u were growing into adulthood or perhaps maybe you are pretending to be so.  did u have the privilege to be raised by 2 or at least a good 1?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2010
Kol:

thanks Sauron.  how about the answer to my question around your IQ.  I see you are very comfortable with abusive words. is that from your early upbringing or did you inherit that as u were growing into adulthood or perhaps maybe you are pretending to be so.  did u have the privilege to be raised by 2 or at least a good 1?

Before you ask me any question. . . .
Tell me where you got your stupid genes from. . . .Which of them? T
he donor or the recipient of your Y-chromosomes? grin
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

This simpleton still bleats?
Are you not ashamed of yourself? U told us anything that terrifies/terrorizes is a TERRORIST?
I gave examples of animals that have terrorized their respective neighbourhood and all you could do is run with your tails between your legs.

If you marry a dunderhead like you, you will produce idiots.

Like i said you are very stup-id,you can only use that stance if are talking about wild animals like that commits terrorist acts but in this case we are talking of suppose human beings that terrifies people by their terrorist acts of violence,killing  and destroying just like the man in question did.
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

Like i said you are very stup-id,you can only use that stance if are talking about wild animals like that commits terrorist acts but in this case we are talking of suppose human beings that terrifies people by their terrorist acts of violence,killing  and destroying just like the man in question did.

Kindly articulate your comments very well. . . . .
I don't understand the gibberish you spewed above.
Don't be in a rush. . . . . .Take your time. grin
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by redsun(m): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Kindly articulate your comments very well. . . . .
I don't understand the gibberish you spewed above.
Don't be in a rush. . . . . .Take your time. grin

What will you ever understand as a fool?
Re: England: 12 Dead In A Shooting Spree by Sauron1: 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2010
redsun:

What will you ever understand as a fool?

SPERMFLAKES seem to occupy the cavity your brain-cells should be. . . .
If i understand you, you are saying the fear caused by a gunman in a rampage is quite different to the kind of trauma a wild animal on the loose can cause?

In the punditry of hard currency, your level of intelligence is lower than the Zimbabwean dollar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Brought Gsm To Nigeria?abacha/obasanjo? / Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) / Haiti gangs: More than 50,000 flee capital after surge in violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.