Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments (21308 Views)

Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? / Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Jay5mie: 7:21am On Jun 24, 2018
Well we will find out in heaven...till then...

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by HomeOfMe(f): 7:21am On Jun 24, 2018
Hiploko:

Proverbs 18:16 (A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men)

Several arguments have occurred on whether it is right for an instrumentalist to be paid for playing musical instruments in the church or not. We were having a discussion with my friend who is an RCCG pastor and his suggestion was skewed towards Matt 10;8( Freely you have received, freely you give).

Our other friend told him of the several occurrences where Pastors charge money as much as N5K in the name of booking for deliverance. Some charge money to see the man of god. If a pastor who did not pay a kobo to receive whatever power he is using( except he paid for ritualistic materials used to acquire power), he has no right to charge or even deny instrumentalists their share of the taxing.

IS IT WRONG OR RIGHT TO PAY CHOIR INSTRUMENTALISTS TO PLAY MUSIC IN THE CHURCH?
You know when you give some people a yard,they want to take a mile. It's supposed to be service to the God you serve. I discovered that when the church started paying them in my church,they started seeing it as a right and whenever they don't get it they start misbehaving.

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by vicque(f): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2018
It is not wrong to pay them.
A young brother left my church because another church offered to pay him to play the keyboard.
If you feel the services you offer in the church requires some form of compensation.
You can aporoach the church leadership and request they reach an arrangement.

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by canalily(m): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2018
Pls know you that church is business o o oh! Pay them oh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by slickbak(m): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2018
Pay them. The anointed prophets have salaries.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Bluntguy: 7:23am On Jun 24, 2018
Comparing a pastor and an instrumentalist is very wrong here. It is the pastor's life and calling to live for God. But no instrumentalist lives in a church as a calling. David commissioned them to work in the temple and get paid, but any choir member or instrumentalist who is not thus commissioned has something else doing and should only be appreciated once in a while and not paid.

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by AngelicBeing: 7:23am On Jun 24, 2018
Bash10:
Don’t pastors get payed?
tongue

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by urbanemind(m): 7:23am On Jun 24, 2018
of course , why not..
I have a friend who plays for 3 different churches and is paid handsomely, its his career and job, he doesn't do any other thing.
How ever if its voluntary then you might not actually expect pay, but if its your job u have to get paid..

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 7:23am On Jun 24, 2018
Hiploko:

Proverbs 18:16 (A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men)

Several arguments have occurred on whether it is right for an instrumentalist to be paid for playing musical instruments in the church or not. We were having a discussion with my friend who is an RCCG pastor and his suggestion was skewed towards Matt 10;8( Freely you have received, freely you give).

Our other friend told him of the several occurrences where Pastors charge money as much as N5K in the name of booking for deliverance. Some charge money to see the man of god. If a pastor who did not pay a kobo to receive whatever power he is using( except he paid for ritualistic materials used to acquire power), he has no right to charge or even deny instrumentalists their share of the taxing.

IS IT WRONG OR RIGHT TO PAY CHOIR INSTRUMENTALISTS TO PLAY MUSIC IN THE CHURCH?
is it right to pay Frank Edwards? It is right to eat tithes alone

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by PotatoSalad(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2018
Okuchris:
If you want to get blessings from the Lord then you shouldn't do it for payment
Do it because you want to do it. stop all this using blessings for leverage.

3 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by aking123(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2018
It's not right to be paid, but they can be encouraged from time to time except of course if they refuse it.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by GODWINLOWSKI: 7:24am On Jun 24, 2018
The thing tire person sef, even in burials in my side, if you are to invite your church e.g pastor or executive members you'll pay #5000 for pastor's transport, 3 cartons of peak milk, 3 crates of minerals plus malt, 1 cooler of rice, 2 soups egusi and bitterleaf, 50 akpus, one full fried chicken, 1 live chicken. OGA I COME TO BURY CHURCH, I NO BLAME PEOPLE WAY NO DEY GO SEF, CHURCH IS NOW ONITSHA MARKET 2. angry

7 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by bennynaza(m): 7:26am On Jun 24, 2018
What for? Are they hired entertainers? Anyways only a profit oriented "church" like the ones that hire comedian can do such.
Just to keep the carnal but financially loaded members interested.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by greatbuc(m): 7:26am On Jun 24, 2018
Is the money brought to church not for the needy again.. If you can live above church money then free the thing for the needy.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by tiwiex(m): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2018
eph12:
For some of them, it's a career and not just volunteering. They paid money to learn how to play those instruments and they have to be available every service day. That's what they use to take care of themselves and their families
Exactly. They didn't receive freely. Based on the pastors argument, why do we pay offerings? They should preach freely too.

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by sureheaven(m): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2018
If the church really needs ur service, they will pay u

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by mcyemite(m): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2018
Kingstanding:
Only God can gives you correct and satisfied answer. EOD.
sorry can you help me with his phone no?

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 24, 2018
Are you a student, a full time housewife or you are currently unemployed And you want to make some extra cash? Them this is a golden opportunity for you.

NNU is an Online platform that pay you for just reading and commenting and sharing their sponsored posts on Facebook.

Hurry now and join the group for a short presentation on how to be financially independent.
Send a message to this number for easy access to the group 08051709067
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by aklion: 7:29am On Jun 24, 2018
They can be paid if called to perform in occasions or other churches depending on agreement. But for his or her own church i think is best doing it without expecting anything except challenges arises and your elders are aware of it...

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by RoyalBlak007: 7:30am On Jun 24, 2018
Okuchris:
If you want to get blessings from the Lord then you shouldn't do it for payment

How do you know the Lord won't bless them?

Did he tell you that himself?

4 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by kunleweb: 7:31am On Jun 24, 2018
Why does the Christian topics on Sunday always focus on discriminating and decisive subjects rather than topics that build up compared with the topics on Islam that reaches that reaches the FP on Fridays.

How about ten reasons why you need God? Five reasons to consider accepting God today?

These pseudo-Christianity topics the mods push on behalf of their father, the devil is centered on sowing discord not to promote God nor Christianity, Nairaland is been moderated by an Anti-Christian interest.

Don't ask me, i'm already in Church !

7 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by mikel504(m): 7:32am On Jun 24, 2018
Very obvious.....in that situation where by instrumentalists or choir need get paid before participate in d church activities...I think is normal but not essential in a standard church they encourage thier instrumentalists with token of money just to encourage them.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by ahamonyeka(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2018
how can a church pay choir members ? if church decide to pay choir members how many will they pay ,how much will church pay them and how much does the church have in their pulse that will suffice to pay each choir members?

As for instrumentalist some churches pay their instrumentalist thats why I like the seventh day adventist church they only train who ever that have the interest of learning it in fact there are a whole lot of youths that are willing to learn it. so,I do not see any reason why choir or instrumentalist should be paid If it is good to pay them then deacons,ushers and elders should been paid too.

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by xreal: 7:36am On Jun 24, 2018
If it is right to pay workers in a company, then, YES, it is .
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by laliga01: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2018
sunnywhyt007:
IDK

I De Kome!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sense will not kill me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Jabioro: 7:38am On Jun 24, 2018
eph12:
For some of them, it's a career and not just volunteering. They paid money to learn how to play those instruments and they have to be available every service day. That's what they use to take care of themselves and their families
For this you've said, come have your lunch with me....Egunsi soup with semo...then your favorite drink of yours choice..

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by laliga01: 7:40am On Jun 24, 2018
HomeOfMe:
You know when you give some people a yard,they want to take a mile. It's supposed to be service to the God you serve. I discovered that when the church started paying them in my church,they started seeing it as a right and whenever they don't get it they start misbehaving.

Lolx.... Don't pay a pastor for two months, you will see the elder brother of misbehaving.
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Exponental(m): 7:40am On Jun 24, 2018
If you need them, take from your members! If you don't have them among your members, hire them!! If you hire them, pay them!!!

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by frankblinkz(m): 7:40am On Jun 24, 2018
No matter how d story goes...jst know that a pastor earn higher than an instrumentalist... they are both working for God..aren't they?

3 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Akpacha(m): 7:41am On Jun 24, 2018
Pastors get paid, they should pay them as well.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Tofoban: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2018
natureem:
That depends on agreement, but God loves a cheerful giver. Those who are paid have already received their reward.
What of those pple that don't request buh they are given willingly. Av they also receive their reward already?
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Akpacha(m): 7:43am On Jun 24, 2018
ahamonyeka:
how can a church pay choir members ? if church decide to pay choir members how many will they pay ,how much will church pay them and how much does the church have in their pulse that will suffice to pay each choir members?

As for instrumentalist some churches pay their instrumentalist thats why I like the seventh day adventist church they only train who ever that have the interest of learning it in fact there are a whole lot of youths that are willing to learn it. so,I do not see any reason why choir or instrumentalist should be paid If it is good to pay them then deacons,ushers and elders should been paid too.
but church having money enough to buying plane and building university,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / Do You Think Someone Can Actually Bewitch Or Curse Another Person? / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.