Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments (21758 Views)

Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? / Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by eph12(m): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2018
Iamzik:

And what about the many who didn't pay a dime to learn. They learnt using thesame church instrument and then move on to the next church to charge for playing what they learnt for free.

In all I won't say its good or bad. Depends on the situation but my grouse with instrumentalist is this mentality of wanting to monetize anything they do in church.

Imagine that every choir member start asking for stipend. If there's no one to sing what is the use of instrumentalist? Imagine ushers, technical/sound, multimedia guys also demanding for payment. Where is the desire to serve in this generation?

I am also an instrumentalist and I think people will appreciate you if you do it from your heart without making payment a pre-condition
Is it all instrumentalists that are paid?

Do you know that there are some technical guys that are paid in some churches?
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by eph12(m): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2018
Jabioro:
For this you've said, come have your lunch with me....Egunsi soup with semo...then your favorite drink of yours choice..
Lol cheesy
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by bixton(m): 8:27am On Jun 24, 2018
dazzlingd:
They are working for God ...labour for God is free, only the pastors are chosen to enjoy the dividends of tithing

If you read your Bible well you'll see how and what the Prophets did with the tithes that were given to them and offered to the house of God.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by DeOTR: 8:28am On Jun 24, 2018
Pavore9:
That is not even a question in the Catholic Church.
We once paid people from other Churches to teach us how to play musical instuments back then at St. Theresa. Of course, Church members are not expected to get paid.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by MikelIbe: 8:30am On Jun 24, 2018
As the spirit leads you. Both are riight , - it depends on your conscience, although. If you consider it a service to God, then do it free and expect rewards from God. If you consider it a service to the church, you can get paid here on earth and therefore expect nothing from God.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Chiboto414: 8:31am On Jun 24, 2018
In Uk, not for free in any church ..ask anybody it's a pure biz ..because people's pay to the church through their offerings... And churches in Uk even pay them per hours... Shekina
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Mekanus(m): 8:32am On Jun 24, 2018
Why not, they're actually the ones that makes the business move.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by bixton(m): 8:37am On Jun 24, 2018
The Bible has answers to every question asked.
You just have to search it.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Jabioro: 8:37am On Jun 24, 2018
eph12:

Lol cheesy
Na so my brother. pastor dey collect the people wey dey add juice to make am sweeter must collect ...we all are in God business.. Salvation is no longer free..you must pay tithe, offering and others expenses.. to keep your heavenly treasure valid....
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by sisisioge: 8:39am On Jun 24, 2018
If they are professionals, then they should be paid.

Also, their outfits should be financed by the church. Hallelujah!

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by abbeyty(m): 8:47am On Jun 24, 2018
why not? if the church is making money through their service, they should also be paid

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Pavore9: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2018
DeOTR:

We once paid people from other Churches to teach us how to play musical instuments back then at St. Theresa. Of course, Church members are not expected to get paid.

Very true, professionals are gotten from outside and paid to teach.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Geesaintagape: 8:51am On Jun 24, 2018
Some questions i see get me angry.
Where is Adeboyes money coming from?
Are the pastors not being paid?
Please let the money go round.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Cleanjah: 8:52am On Jun 24, 2018
If you hire a man, u pay d man after service.
....he that serve God (free will), him shall He reward.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by lexy2014: 8:54am On Jun 24, 2018
obowunmi:
It is wrong if they are a member of the church. If they aren't then you have to pay.
so its better to take care of outsiders than ur own?
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Collins9156(m): 8:56am On Jun 24, 2018
What are the different between pastors and Church Instrumentalists or choir members?

As long as the pastors benefit or earn a living from from the vineyard so shall others that work in the vineyard. We shouldn’t be too holy nor saint in our reasoning not to understand, what the Bible said concerning those that work in his vineyard.

Not only paid but share every single proceeds among them.

According to bible......
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by FX(m): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2018
They should be paid even more than the pastors. The pastors don't deserve anything. They are preaching and working for God . Their treasure is in heaven.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by genaro2000(m): 9:10am On Jun 24, 2018
Pavore9:
U mean they don't get paid
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by eCONTROL: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2018
the guy na senior sheeple for that matter, check out how gullible his opinion was.
darkmarky:
a sheeple spotted..
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Holysax29(m): 9:14am On Jun 24, 2018
Hiploko:

Proverbs 18:16 (A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men)

Several arguments have occurred on whether it is right for an instrumentalist to be paid for playing musical instruments in the church or not. We were having a discussion with my friend who is an RCCG pastor and his suggestion was skewed towards Matt 10;8( Freely you have received, freely you give).

Our other friend told him of the several occurrences where Pastors charge money as much as N5K in the name of booking for deliverance. Some charge money to see the man of god. If a pastor who did not pay a kobo to receive whatever power he is using( except he paid for ritualistic materials used to acquire power), he has no right to charge or even deny instrumentalists their share of the taxing.

IS IT WRONG OR RIGHT TO PAY CHOIR INSTRUMENTALISTS TO PLAY MUSIC IN THE CHURCH?

I own a degree without better job, and you expect me not to use my talent...

Oga abeg park well
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by herich(m): 9:35am On Jun 24, 2018
Pavore9:

My brother, in Anglican church, if you slack or dey do shakara, there are hundreds or youths that will replace you immediately, be it keyboard, drum etc.
Also you don't pay to learn it. It's a thing of joy for parents to see their son or daughter, performing at the stage during any service.
Most of those guys that are making money through instruments In Pentecostal churches are from orthodox churches.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Okuchris(f): 9:45am On Jun 24, 2018
Mikora:

Do pastors do their work for free?
where I worship, pastors do not get paid(The church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saint)make your findings
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Okuchris(f): 9:47am On Jun 24, 2018
Akpacha:
u are fed fat on pastors lies.
Its my own personal contribution.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by herich(m): 9:48am On Jun 24, 2018
ahamonyeka:
how can a church pay choir members ? if church decide to pay choir members how many will they pay ,how much will church pay them and how much does the church have in their pulse that will suffice to pay each choir members?

As for instrumentalist some churches pay their instrumentalist thats why I like the seventh day adventist church they only train who ever that have the interest of learning it in fact there are a whole lot of youths that are willing to learn it. so,I do not see any reason why choir or instrumentalist should be paid If it is good to pay them then deacons,ushers and elders should been paid too.
Leave those people, don't blame them anyways, because they've turned church to business.
At some point, members will be paid for coming to service.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Okuchris(f): 9:51am On Jun 24, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

How do you know the Lord won't bless them?

Did he tell you that himself?
that shouldn't be your business.
its personal

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by crafteck(m): 9:53am On Jun 24, 2018
Bash10:
Don’t pastors get payed?

U said it all

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by ChykeBivins(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2018
IMO, I think they should never be allowed to be in want. The job they do in worship and praise cannot be over emphasised. Perhaps they should be put on some allowance..But don't forget, we are being told to worship God with our gifting and talents. It's a matter of conviction.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by sandra50(f): 9:58am On Jun 24, 2018
Why wouldn't you?if they come to you with their problems will you solve it for them as a pastor?are you the one that feeds them?why are you asking if it's right to pay someone that worked for you?
Please pay them as leave God out of it because even God said he will bless the work of our hands.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by doyinbaby(f): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2018
GODWINLOWSKI:
The thing tire person sef, even in burials in my side, if you are to invite your church e.g pastor or executive members you'll pay #5000 for pastor's transport, 3 cartons of peak milk, 3 crates of minerals plus malt, 1 cooler of rice, 2 soups egusi and bitterleaf, 50 akpus, one full fried chicken, 1 live chicken. OGA I COME TO BURY CHURCH, I NO BLAME PEOPLE WAY NO DEY GO SEF, CHURCH IS NOW ONITSHA MARKET 2. angry
I would like to know the name of the church that charges all these
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by herich(m): 10:05am On Jun 24, 2018
DavidEsq:

I think the question is: "is he a workman"? If yes, for whom? God or man?
If u say he is a workman, wouldn't that mean that the house of God has become a place for merchants to ply their trade? If he is a workman, under whose employment is he? If the purpose of doing what he does is to bring praise to God, then wat is the basis of the employer-employee ish? The simple truth is dis: our selfishness and greed has caused us to turn the scriptures upside down. OP, if ur frnd's opinion is skewered, u didn't offer any unskewered opinion, neither did u tell us why his opinion is skewered.
you've said it all.
It wasn't like this, in those days but Pentecostal churches has turned church to full time business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World / Adeboye Ordains 12,811 Deacons And Deaconesses, 4,060 Assistant Pastors (photos) / Pastor Tim Omotoso Speaks On Visiting Paradise And Raising a Dead Woman (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.