Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:14 AM

Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments (21755 Views)

Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? / Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
obowunmi:

A pastor is a church manager, and instrumentalist isnt. Who leads the church if pastor doesn't ?
well but u Said it's wrong for them to get paid if they re members of d Church. Is the pastor not a member too? If so, it's wrong if he gets paid.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by obowunmi(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
well but u Said it's wrong for them to get paid if they re members of d Church. Is the pastor not a member too? If so, it's wrong if he gets paid.

The pastor has leadership responsibilities, the instrumentalist does not.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by laliga01: 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
sunnywhyt007:
IDK means I Don’t Know

I guess you didn't get the humour in it.
It's not my fault.
grin grin grin
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by consultancy: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
if you pay your pastors, you should pay them as well, after all they are both workers in the Lord's Vineyard
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by malikisunday(m): 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
The OP will leave here more confused
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by kunleweb: 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

I've noticed this a long time ago...Every Sunday they will post threads that are irrelevant on the front page for mockers and scorners to have a field day....but the good thing is that the Christian faith has seen mockery s and scorners for over two thousand years and still stands like a solid rock..

Watch the mods, it's deliberate, few matured Christians don't know this, or look over it. Imagine a day to unite us, we fight to kill ourselves every Sunday.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Moz22: 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
Okuchris:
If you want to get blessings from the Lord then you shouldn't do it for payment
take up a job as a security and then tell them not to pay you cos you are working for God..
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by duality(m): 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
It's the deceit of the devil.

So why don't you pay the Sunday school teachers, urshers, media men, youth leaders etc..

The enemy is crafty.. That's why you see so much pride amongst singers / instrumentalists. Most can't fellowship in a church for two months before leaving, some are not even born again, you can't see the fruit of the spirit in them.

You have to be deep to know, it's a manipulation by the devil.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by babeosisi: 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
Why not?
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by jolyment: 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
Bash10:
Don’t pastors get payed?

Paid not payed

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Okuchris(f): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
Moz22:
take up a job as a security and then tell them not to pay you cos you are working for God..
from your dp I can see you are an organist.
we all want God to bless us but can't do those little things to ginger the blessings to get to us.

God is not stupid and can never be.
if I can breath without paying then I can sing without being paid

2 Likes

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Tjoccmars: 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nehemiah 12:47
[47]And all Israel in the days of Zerubbabel, and in the days of Nehemiah, gave the portions of the singers and the porters, every day his portion: and they sanctified holy things unto the Levites; and the Levites sanctified them unto the children of Aaron.
Nehemiah 13:10-12
[10]And I perceived that the portions of the Levites had not been given them: for the Levites and the singers, that did the work, were fled every one to his field.
[11]Then contended I with the rulers, and said, Why is the house of God forsaken? And I gathered them together, and set them in their place.
[12]Then brought all Judah the tithe of the corn and the new wine and the oil unto the treasuries.
READ THE TWO CHAPTERS IN FULL AND MAKE YOUR CONCLUSION MEANWHILE DON'T ARGUE WITH THE BIBLE
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by femi4: 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
eph12:
For some of them, it's a career and not just volunteering. They paid money to learn how to play those instruments and they have to be available every service day. That's what they use to take care of themselves and their families
Its wrong. Teachers teach from Mon to Fri but still take Sunday school for free.

If they see it as a career, they should go and join a band
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by aAK1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
anukulapo:

Good question.
Do instrumentalists play 24/7?
good question, do pastor preach 24/7. As far as the bible is concerned,both Levites and priest are entitled to something
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by femi4: 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Moz22:
That's why you people are not spiritual, cos you play for money

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by DavidEsq(m): 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
herich:
you've said it all.
It wasn't like this, in those days but Pentecostal churches has turned church to full time business.
Dats why Jesus Christ said "by their fruits, u will know them".

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by DavidEsq(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
aAK1:
good question, do pastor preach 24/7. As far as the bible is concerned,both Levites and priest are entitled to something
So the pastors are now the Levites? Chai! Buhari o! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Zodiac61(m): 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
Is it right to pay pastors?
If your answer is yes, then it is right to pay anyone who works in a church.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Bass123(m): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nehemiah 13:10-11 KJV
And I perceived that the portions of the Levites had not been given them : for the Levites and the singers, that did the work, were fled every one to his field. [11] Then contended I with the rulers, and said, Why is the house of God forsaken? And I gathered them together, and set them in their place.
The church instrumentalist are meant to stay in church and
eat from the tithe. But today is a different thing entirely.
Come to think of it, music is a profession just like every other other professional courses you read in the university.
Don't forget they are human just like pastors. Don't forget they need to pay house rent, buy food stuffs, shirts and etc. Are you going to steal and do that? But as an instrumentalist don't be money cautious do somethings at times because of God.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Moz22: 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
femi4:
That's why you people are not spiritual, cos you play for money
so I should go hungry b cos I wanna be spiritual? mind you, I studied music in school and I paid school fees.. If u see me playing in a club, u will be the first persons to castigate me
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Moz22: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Okuchris:
we all want God to bless us but can't do those little things to ginger the blessings to get to us.

anyways, that is your opinion.. I owe u no explanation whatsoever..
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Okuchris(f): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Moz22:
anyways, that is your opinion.. I owe u no explanation whatsoever..
if you don't owe me any explanation, pls next time don't quote me
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
obowunmi:

The pastor has leadership responsibilities, the instrumentalist does not.
two faced. In other words, if you belong to an organization but do not occupy a leadership position, you should not be paid too.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by anukulapo: 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
aAK1:
I actually thought you'll ask yourself the question, ain't it obvious that it's a rider to my question?
aAK1:
good question, do pastor preach 24/7.

Apart from the fact that the church today is not operating the ordinance of levitical priesthood, if we were, would the priesthood had included pastors and instrumentalists only?
Won't in have all church workers which definitely include ushers and ICT, children teachers and co?
@aAK1
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by eph12(m): 5:05pm On Jun 24, 2018
femi4:
Its wrong. Teachers teach from Mon to Fri but still take Sunday school for free.

If they see it as a career, they should go and join a band
It is a job for them. Those that get paid see it as a job. It's the performance here and there that puts food on their table. How many bands are really making it that they will employ every instrumentalist out there?
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by eph12(m): 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
Okuchris:

And you know they're not being blessed because?
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by obowunmi(m): 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
two faced. In other words, if you belong to an organization but do not occupy a leadership position, you should not be paid too.

This is not about me though.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by deebrain(m): 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
Depending on the maturity of the instrumentalist.
But , Yes. A descent wage is encouraged.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by placeofallure(f): 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
An instrumentalist is like any other church worker who expects to be paid after services rendered. Sound technicians, musical director, media personnels inclusive. They are expected to be in church at every service. They come the earliest and leave the last. Some programs are even fixed for office hours, invariably they can't be elsewhere. While a banker sits in his bank, a teacher sits in her school, an engineer on his site, a trader in his shop... Where are these ones? Busy in the service -the church - strumming the guitar, plucking the strings. You all make money from your enterprise, why not them?However if they choose, out of their own volition, to do it freely that's a different ball game.

We have six instrumentalists in my church. Four are paid and two are not. They choose their own pathways. It might interest you that the unpaid ones are a bit elderly. Nobody is even making any case for us the choristers who sing our hearts out! We get pecks though every now and then. We get free data, pocket money, free clothing, free tickets to attend shows and events, at times free meals even when there's no party. I don't wish to be paid, but anyone who wishes to be shouldn't be denied. Each to his own.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by sobastical: 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
darkmarky:
oh please continue.. I would love this stupidity to be repeated

And am just gonna keep spicing the ignorance of yours.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by natureem: 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tofoban:

What of those pple that don't request buh they are given willingly. Av they also receive their reward already?

God sees the heart of every man, if it's coming as a free gift accept it with thanksgiving.
Some are not given anything but inside of them they desire something in return, only God can truly judge this situation
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Moz22: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
Okuchris:
if you don't owe me any explanation, pls next time don't quote me
ohh I see u really wanna engage me... bring it on dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Difference Between Christmas And Xmas / 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World / Who Is Your Best Nigerian Gospel Musician and Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.