Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,406 members, 7,954,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments (21766 Views)

Should Church Instrumentalists And Singers Be Paid? / Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by placeofallure(f): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
herich:

My brother, in Anglican church, if you slack or dey do shakara, there are hundreds or youths that will replace you immediately, be it keyboard, drum etc.
Also you don't pay to learn it. It's a thing of joy for parents to see their son or daughter, performing at the stage during any service.
Most of those guys that are making money through instruments In Pentecostal churches are from orthodox churches.

You're absolutely right! I attend one of the orthodox churches. I cannot count the number of our members, really talented ones that we've lost to the pentecostal family. They go where they gonna get paid for services rendered. Now we wonder why we're lagging behind, why we don't have youths in the church anymore, we wonder why why our programs don't pull the expected audience not knowing we have missed it since. The same mentality that instrumentalists shouldn't be paid is what we've reverted to. We now pay some people from other churches to come play in our church. The conundrum is as interesting as it is sickening.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by princenat(m): 10:25am On Jun 25, 2018
I so much love this line "emancipate yourself from mental slavery..." I am beggining to get confused over who the real/sole beneficiaries of the abundance in the house of the Lord are, the pastors and their families? Some people deserve wages while others don't?
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by temitope23(m): 5:58pm On Jun 27, 2018
Okuchris:
If you want to get blessings from the Lord then you shouldn't do it for payment

Some of these guys go as far as enrolling for private lessons in places like muson where they charge as much as 100k to learn some of these instrument. Or you'll tell me to start doing what I study in the university for free all in the name of getting blessings.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by temitope23(m): 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
femi4:
That's why you people are not spiritual, cos you play for money

So after spending four years in the university studying a course, paying school fees, accommodation, handout etc, they should start offering free services all because they want you to see them as someone spiritual.
Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by femi4: 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
temitope23:

So after spending four years in the university studying a course, paying school fees, accommodation, handout etc, they should start offering free services all because they want you to see them as someone spiritual.
All of us went to school and have jobs that pay our bills from Mon to Fri. You don't deserve to be paid during service. Its an act of worship and service.

If you want to use your talent as a means of living, go and look for proper job. Join a band, work in a bar etc.

1 Like

Re: Of Church Instrumentalists And Payments by Okuchris(f): 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
temitope23:

Some of these guys go as far as enrolling for private lessons in places like muson where they charge as much as 100k to learn some of these instrument. Or you'll tell me to start doing what I study in the university for free all in the name of getting blessings.
that's your business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Tim Omotoso Speaks On Visiting Paradise And Raising a Dead Woman (video) / Who Is Your Best Nigerian Gospel Musician and Why? / Winners' Chapel Celebrates 40th Anniversary Via Prophetic Feast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.